This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-06-2007 04:59:56 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Re: Saparmurat Niyazov is dead: the notable deaths thread.

Awesome. D;

Living up to my lovely title, The guy who invented instant ramen is dead.

How's that for a notable death.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#27 | Back to Top01-06-2007 06:31:30 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Hinotori wrote:

Awesome. D;

Living up to my lovely title, The guy who invented instant ramen is dead.

How's that for a notable death.

Did he die instantly or within 2 mins? emot-biggrin

#28 | Back to Top01-06-2007 10:14:07 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I don't know but I bet his family sure is in hot water now. emot-redface

#29 | Back to Top01-06-2007 05:20:08 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Hinotori wrote:

I don't know but I bet his family sure is in hot water now. emot-redface

I buy that for a dollar!

#30 | Back to Top02-08-2007 02:52:01 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Awww man, I know this is Death Fairy's job, but I was eating lunch in a restaurant and just noticed the CNN Newsflash that Anna Nichole Smith just died. Like within the last hour or so! Man, that sucks, she was so young! Her son died, and since he seemed like her only friend - it's a sad situation. Apparently, that new baby she had - the paternity is up in the air. So they will be doing a test to see if it was her lawyer's or her photographer's baby. That's the only famous celebrity I've ever met, she ordered drinks at a restaurant I bartended at in Houston. Generous tipper too! I hate to see that girl go so soon. Rest in peace!

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#31 | Back to Top02-08-2007 04:14:24 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Frosty wrote:

Anna Nicole Smith is dead

Crikey!

#32 | Back to Top02-08-2007 05:43:17 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Dammit,  you beat me.

Anyone wondering what's in trimspa right about now?

#33 | Back to Top02-10-2007 03:25:44 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Hinotori wrote:

Anyone wondering what's in trimspa right about now?

Ahaha - No kidding! After seeing her amazing results, I have been pushing the benifits of Trimspa to everyone I know. Now, I'm frightened.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#34 | Back to Top02-12-2007 08:02:38 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Oh god, haha. I just kind of assumed it was false advertising from the beginning. We already know ANS had no problem with plastic surgery and I've seen women her age after they've had children and lost a bunch of weight and there's almost always an extra skin problem there. Plus they outlawed all the good stuff you can put in diet pills a couple years ago. emot-frown

By the way, if anyone REALLY wants to lose weight and has no regard for their health whatsoever what you want is a bronchodilator like Primatine since they're still allowed to have ephedrine. But seriously, don't do that. Not only is ephedrine not the best thing to be taking all the time but it has acetaminophen and that's pretty well known for being taxing on the liver.

You will lose weight before your heart and liver craps out, though. ;>

Last edited by Hinotori (02-12-2007 08:03:03 AM)

#35 | Back to Top02-12-2007 03:22:41 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I really, really don't mean this in an offensive way, but does anyone else think that Anna Nicole and Steve Irwin should get their own reality show now? Like, The Surreal Afterlife? I'd watch it.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#36 | Back to Top02-12-2007 06:56:54 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Only if there's a scene where Steve tries to stick his thumb up Anna's ass.

(.... Any of you Sims nuts listening? emot-biggrin?)

#37 | Back to Top02-17-2007 03:24:22 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Robert Anton Wilson is dead. Actually he died 11th of January, but I only checked his website today to learn the news, as well as that there is a memorial tomorrow (February 18th) in Santa Cruz. I suppose it's too late to ask anyone living nearby to to visit in my stead, considering that there was a limited amount of places, all propably reserved by now. The world has lost one of its great thinkers and writers. It already feels little bleaker place...

But memory and writings live on. He'll keep inspiring people from beyond the grave.

Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

fnord!

And last but not the least, hail Bob!

EDIT: Ironically, it's my 223rd post...the Law of Fives lives on!

Last edited by Lightice (02-17-2007 03:26:11 PM)

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#38 | Back to Top02-17-2007 05:56:22 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Who's your favorite dictator?

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#39 | Back to Top02-17-2007 06:13:29 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Lightice wrote:

Robert Anton Wilson is dead. Actually he died 11th of January, but I only checked his website today to learn the news, as well as that there is a memorial tomorrow (February 18th) in Santa Cruz. I suppose it's too late to ask anyone living nearby to to visit in my stead, considering that there was a limited amount of places, all propably reserved by now. The world has lost one of its great thinkers and writers. It already feels little bleaker place...

But memory and writings live on. He'll keep inspiring people from beyond the grave.

Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

fnord!

And last but not the least, hail Bob!

EDIT: Ironically, it's my 223rd post...the Law of Fives lives on!

Hail Eris! Hot dogs without buns for everyone! emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#40 | Back to Top04-11-2007 11:38:06 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Kurt Vonnegut, the Indianapolis-born literary giant behind seminal 20th-century novels "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Breakfast of Champions," died Wednesday evening at age 84.

Vonnegut, who often marveled that he had lived so long despite his lifelong smoking habit, had suffered brain injuries after a fall at his Manhattan home weeks ago, said his wife, photographer Jill Krementz.

"He's the closest thing we've had to Voltaire," Tom Wolfe, whose first book had a blurb from Vonnegut, told Bloomberg News Service. "It's a sad day for the literary world."

Vonnegut had been scheduled to speak in Indianapolis on April 27 as part of the ongoing "Year of Vonnegut" celebration honoring his life and work. Vonnegut's son Mark planned to give the 2007 McFadden Memorial Lecture written by his father.

Mother. Fucker.

#41 | Back to Top04-11-2007 11:42:45 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hinotori wrote:

Vonnegut had been scheduled to speak in Indianapolis on April 27 as part of the ongoing "Year of Vonnegut" celebration honoring his life and work. Vonnegut's son Mark planned to give the 2007 McFadden Memorial Lecture written by his father.

My wish: to die in a year named after me.

#42 | Back to Top04-11-2007 11:47:10 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Yeah, and it was pretty cool that he got the long life he had. It seems like talent and longevity aren't two things that go well together.

Saying "So it goes." before anyone else gets to it.

#43 | Back to Top04-12-2007 07:58:27 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Geebers. This 'Dying of Important People' seems to be a trend, especially with the dictators. :|

I do hope that Castro dies soon, though, and the ban on American people is lifted. I'd really like to visit there -- SAFELY -- before I die.

#44 | Back to Top04-12-2007 11:26:35 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

Geebers. This 'Dying of Important People' seems to be a trend, especially with the dictators. :|

I do hope that Castro dies soon, though, and the ban on American people is lifted. I'd really like to visit there -- SAFELY -- before I die.

How about lifting the comercial ban on Cuba first... I'm sure that would help better...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#45 | Back to Top04-12-2007 11:52:04 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Romanticide wrote:

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

How about lifting the comercial ban on Cuba first... I'm sure that would help better...

I don't even see WHY we have a commercial ban on Cuba. We don't have one on China, and... are they still Communist? I don't know. But seriously. Let each country have their own ruling system. Seriously. Not everybody has to have a democracy. Apparently, most Americans don't realize this. Sure, it'd be nice, but we have no right to force it on other people. emot-mad

#46 | Back to Top04-12-2007 02:36:14 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

I don't even see WHY we have a commercial ban on Cuba. We don't have one on China, and... are they still Communist? I don't know. But seriously. Let each country have their own ruling system. Seriously. Not everybody has to have a democracy. Apparently, most Americans don't realize this. Sure, it'd be nice, but we have no right to force it on other people. emot-mad

China is a totalitarian capitalist state painted red. Cuba...is more or less the same. They've taken the Internet-control one step further than China, though - you can only have a connection with a special permit from the government. I'm not sure why the US is still keeping the commerical ban in place, considering that it doesn't have any troubles with numerous other dictatorships - I suppose it's a tradition, by now.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#47 | Back to Top04-14-2007 12:02:14 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

My utterly uneducated opinion is that if the US lifted the ban on Cuba, it would be like admitting they'd made a mistake. You know, like Afghanistan emot-keke

But actually, I think I'm just saying that because I'm bitchy.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#48 | Back to Top04-16-2007 09:46:55 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

Romanticide wrote:

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

I think I love you... etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Yasha wrote:

My utterly uneducated opinion is that if the US lifted the ban on Cuba, it would be like admitting they'd made a mistake. You know, like Afghanistan emot-keke

But actually, I think I'm just saying that because I'm bitchy.

Actually... I think that's exactly the same reason the ban is not lifted... XD
I probably see things in a different perspective compared to many in this forum as I am not american and Mexico has decent relationships with Cuba* but I think the economical ban is nonsense, they are not pointing missiles at you country anymore and I doubt they will overthrown your economy** so why bother?

*Except when our former idiot president did his thing... like in the "Cumbre de las Americas" in which he asked Fidel to leave after eating thinking there would not be problems with the U.S. representatives that way... not only was a very rude thing to do but stupid and he was the mock of all Mexico(I am sure other countries as well) ...god how did that clown was executive at the Coca Cola company and lack completely of negociation sense at all... emot-gonk
**I would be more worried of China... does guys are going really high now... and not really stopping...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#49 | Back to Top06-13-2007 03:39:05 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I'm necro-ing the best thread on the board. emot-biggrin

Mr. Wizard died yesterday. I mean, sure. He was almost 90 and the vast majority of us thought he's been dead for decades, but now that I really know he's dead it's kind of sad.

#50 | Back to Top09-08-2008 12:44:52 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

2008 has been a banner year for people I've heard of dying.  emot-frown

January 17 - Bobby Fischer (quite possibly the best chess player who has ever lived)
March 4 - Gary Gygax (inventor of Dungeons & Dragons)
March 19 - Arthur C. Clarke (author of hard sci-fi)
April 5 - Charlton Heston (prominent NRA advocate and movie star from Ben Hur et al.)
June 13 - Tim Russert (Meet the Press host and one of the best journalists of our age)
July 4 - Jesse Helms (controversial North Carolina Republican senator)
July 12 - Tony Snow (former press secretary for George W. Bush)
August 3 - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (Communist Russia anti-establishment author)
August 10 - Isaac Hayes (voice of Chef on South Park turned Scientologist)
September 1 - Don LaFontaine (movie voiceover bass guy who is all like "In a world ruled by madness...")

Board footer