This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top05-22-2015 02:42:01 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: What are your favorite canon homosexual/lesbian pairings

I can't belive I overlooked Iason x Rikki of AnK and Katou x Iwaki from Haru wo Daiete Ita.
I love both stories & both pairings. One horribly messed up and tragic, the other adorable and they even go to America to get married. Good stuff.etc-love

Nocturnalux wrote:

@Yampuff, the way you see the couple from Koisuru Bokkun is how I view the couple from The Cornered Mouse. Imagase can be nothing short of evil and he enjoys manipulating Kyouchi more than he should. As for Kyouichi he is such a pushoever and a chronical cheater who ends up hurting every single one around him out of his indecisive nature. I love them together but they are almost equably bad, Imagase being slightly worse.

Tooooooootally agree. They're just both so chronically disfunctional, can't help but love the dynamic!

And I also agree about your comment on Haruka x Michiriu being unfortunately stuck in a cartoon for children. I think a spin-off show on a more adult level would be awesome for them and I would enjoy them more. As it is, I am a rare Usagi fan. emot-tongue

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#27 | Back to Top05-22-2015 06:17:02 PM

Ikarikun
Wakaba Wrangler

Older!nanofate from Nanoha, which I think was confirmed in an issue of the manga:
http://s240.photobucket.com/user/BPHaru … n.jpg.html
I'm watching Vivid mostly for these two, it's awesome to see childhood friends growing into a relationship like theirs emot-biggrin

For the revolution of the world, I won't give up on love!

#28 | Back to Top05-23-2015 07:07:34 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I want to put in a Simoun mention, but I never liked the canon Aaeru x Neviril, I always was rooting for Paraietta to get together with Neviril.
The end always made me a bit sad that [Paraietta chose to stay a woman, she'd make such a smoking hot, brooding angsty guy.]

EDIT: Miyamoto Kano is like a yaoi goddess, my favorite pairing is from Rules; Yuki and Hikaru. Resident den-mother bisexual who takes in a broken gay high schooler and they are just so sweet and loving to each other mmmmmph. poptart

Last edited by YamPuff (05-25-2015 03:00:28 AM)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#29 | Back to Top07-23-2015 10:45:08 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

YamPuff wrote:

EDIT: Miyamoto Kano is like a yaoi goddess, my favorite pairing is from Rules; Yuki and Hikaru. Resident den-mother bisexual who takes in a broken gay high schooler and they are just so sweet and loving to each other mmmmmph. poptart

I feel the same way about Miyamoto Kano and Hikaru is my all time favorite character of hers. If you like that pairing then the second season of Rules will probably annoy you. I actually have the first volume and have yet to properly read it as I know from the scans I've seen (I've helped provide translation summaries for the first two chapters) that it will make me rage hard...before it gets better, at least.

The second season takes place after a time skip, Yuki is now a high school teacher. He is still together with Hikaru. [And *then* Yuki decides he might as well fool around with one of his students because...I don't actually know. Most of it is Yuki being his usual pushover self and simply letting the student do as he pleases by simply not refusing his advances. Which is already exceedingly upsetting, poor Hikaru really needs a guy who will treasure him better, but Yuki's inner dialogue is really cringe worthy. At this stage he is 24 years old and he keeps thinking about how great it feels to have sex with a teeanger...Imagine how he'll be when he hits his, say, 40's. If in your mid twenties you are revving younger guys then you'll be hopeless in a few decades. It's as if Yuki is one of those creepy dirty old middle age men despite being way too young for that kind of behavior.

Then there is this weird amnesia that the student has going on, it sits very ill in the mostly realistic world of Rules.

Odds are things will go back to normal and I seem to recall Miyamoto-sensei saying that she wants Hikaru and Yuki to end up together but I wish Hikaru would put Yuki in his place. And maybe he does, at some point, I'll have to actually read the new season.
]

#30 | Back to Top07-24-2015 01:40:09 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I read the first chapter or so of it, saw the direction it was going in and un-canon'd it from my head. If people ask me about it I pretend it doesn't exist. I don't really mind an infidelity story arc, like what happened during the original Rules where Yuki kisses his unrequited love - ok fine, that makes sense, I get it. But doing that while cheating and ALSO as a teacher? Messed up is fun and all but thats just silly & unbelievable.

#31 | Back to Top07-24-2015 12:02:49 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

YamPuff wrote:

I read the first chapter or so of it, saw the direction it was going in and un-canon'd it from my head. If people ask me about it I pretend it doesn't exist. I don't really mind an infidelity story arc, like what happened during the original Rules where Yuki kisses his unrequited love - ok fine, that makes sense, I get it. But doing that while cheating and ALSO as a teacher? Messed up is fun and all but thats just silly & unbelievable.

Now try actually *translating* the thing...At one point, Yuki's inner dialogue reached such a level of cringe worthiness that I actually changed it slightly, not so much out of charity but because I suspect (and hope) that the literal words were not quite what he means. Then again, that is a bit strange since these are his actual thoughts, can't chalk that down to the usual awkward lack of proper communication that is still Yuki's hallmark.
It's just a line but it creeped me out to no end, 'this is how it feels to touch someone underaged'. I kid you not. I changed it to 'someone younger' as I think that is what's meant in context but in hindsight I should have kept the original meaning and hope whoever gets to actually translate it does just that. If only to showcase how messed up the whole thing is.

Infidelity is part of the Rules universe, I too would not mind an arc that explores it, but this was just weird and creepy. It's not as if Yuki even cares all that much for the student, it's just that he's the eternal pushoever.
Just makes me sorry for Hikaru,

#32 | Back to Top07-25-2015 08:09:13 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Mmmm delicious underagednesss school-devil
Definitely weird.

Board footer