This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#701 | Back to Top05-30-2008 11:00:09 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Re: SKU Character Survivor Game

Good gravy! Anthy is the sole survivor of the game! Just like the anime!! emot-aaa

#702 | Back to Top05-30-2008 11:48:16 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

It's over already? Awww, I missed the feeding frenzy. emot-keke

#703 | Back to Top05-31-2008 04:35:17 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Yay, Anthy!  I was torn between her and Utena, and I'm glad I didn't have to try to decide between the two. etc-love

#704 | Back to Top05-31-2008 05:46:50 AM

Paradox
Winning Love By Daylight

Wow... not who I was expecting early on.

Final Results:

18. Chu-Chu
T-16. Kanae
T-16. Ruka
15. Keiko
14. Tsuwabuki
13. Touga
12. Mikage
11. Shadow Play Girls
10. Miki
9. Saionji
8. Akio
7. Nanami
6. Kozue
5. Wakaba
4. Juri
3. UTENA
2. SHIORI
1. ANTHY

A few random thoughts:

Touga - Big let down here.  Even the Shadow Girls outperformed him.  Not sure if he just doesn't have the fanbase, or if all his fans are just too cool for forums games.

Saionji - Earns extra credit for bringing new ringers, I mean posters, to the forum.  emot-tongue  Not too sure if we'll ever see them again, now that the game is over, but oh well.

Akio - A bit surprised he wasn't top 5.  I guess Movie Akio's reputation caught up with him.

Wakaba - My pick to win it all at one point, and she did very well, but she also showed you can't really win just on being unnoticed when the minuses start flying.

Utena - Honestly, I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.  Somewhat a victim of Fans of Unpopular Characters Conspiring to Undermine the Protagonist (henceforth known as FUCC-UP school-devil)

Shiori - She outlasted the main character, even if it only was by five minutes.  Does this finally spell the end of the Great Shiori Persecution Complex here on the forums?  Could she really be Shiori without one?

Anthy - is probably smiling in that slightly creepy way right now.

#705 | Back to Top05-31-2008 06:03:47 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Poor Kanae... Nobody likes her. Not even Akio.

And I'm glad Anthy won. That's kinda nice, though I have a fondness for each SKU character, so I would have been happy with (almost) any outcome. *waves tiny Shiori-emblemed flag* emot-biggrin

#706 | Back to Top05-31-2008 08:36:06 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Kudos to Anthy! etc-love I rushed over here, hoping I could cast a final vote, but I guess it's better that I didn't.

And I still can't express how happy I am that Shiori made it into the top 3, and now, top 2! It's a really moving experience, because when this game began, I told myself that when Shiori was voted off, I probably wouldn't play anymore. I just didn't have enough love or hate one way or the other. And on any other SKU forum I've ever been, I can promise you that this would never happen. It's almost shocking to me, in the best possible way. And it really brightens my outlook on everything. As Paradox said, maybe this will be the end of the complex... but you're right in that she wouldn't be Shiori without one, and I still don't think it can ever truly end. Maybe somewhere deep inside, I want Shiori to be victimized just so I can stand up for her. It makes me feel like I have a purpose here.

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to go on like that... emot-redface

But, in conclusion, I am overjoyed that Anthy won! I've always adored her, and she will always hold a place in my heart as a really unique (ergo AWESOME) main character. She deserves this! poptart

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#707 | Back to Top05-31-2008 08:49:11 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Well, that was fun!  And it ended in lightning round fashion, too.  Congratulations Anthy!

Personally, I was probably rooting the most for Juri, since I figured my other favorites didn't have a real chance at taking the prize.

Good game!  It lasted quite a while, too! emot-dance

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#708 | Back to Top05-31-2008 09:07:02 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I was surprised about Shiori lasting so long, too. I was going for Anthy all along, so I wasn't paying much attention to the runners-up.

Hehe, but I'm still kind of surprised about the male characters dropping out so fast. SKU has lots of nice bishies!

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#709 | Back to Top05-31-2008 09:30:33 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

dollface wrote:

But, in conclusion, I am overjoyed that Anthy won! I've always adored her, and she will always hold a place in my heart. She deserves this! poptart

If this was some sort of reality show contest, I can picture Shiori saying what you said. emot-tongue Somewhat...

Of course, she would probably be thinking otherwise school-devil like, "That b**** Anthy! That trophy should've been MINE!!! Well, at least I topped Juri. Now, to make sure she'll NEVER live it down!!"

I wonder what Anthy would say now that she has the trophy.

Last edited by Hiraku (05-31-2008 09:32:51 AM)

#710 | Back to Top05-31-2008 12:11:17 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

I could most certainly picture seeing Movie!Shiori saying that to Movie!Touga. Anthy probably wouldn't say much.

Anthy: Oh, that's nice. ::puts in the closet::
And Utena would say: Himemiya, that's kind of disrespectful. . .

I am also very proud of Shiori for lasting as long as she did. In fact, I was dead shocked. I was busy telling all my non IRG member friends the awesome-tastic news. I also like how fitting it was that Anthy won, and I agree with the previous mentioned: I was rather put off kilter when the males were voted off so fast.

#711 | Back to Top05-31-2008 12:41:25 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Hiraku wrote:

I wonder what Anthy would say now that she has the trophy.

I stared with Anthy, but then I did the whole cast (almost).

1. Anthy: ^_^
2. Shiori: Me, me, me! I'll be your first and most honest, bestest, trustworthy friend.
3. Utena: Wow! Now you can have many friends, Himemiya.
4. Juri: I still have my modeling contract to back me up.
5. Wakaba: Eeeeeeeeeeeee... I'm amongst special people. *spaaaaaz out*
6. Kozue: I wanted to join the losers, because that's where all the boys were.
7. Nanami: Himemiya Anthy, wait till they find out you have an ant colony in your hair.  "We've misjudged you!! Kiryuu Nanami is the deserving winner!" O-ho-ho-ho! O-ho-ho-ho!
8. Akio: He's too cool for me to caption. d:
9. Saionji: This was an honor meant for Saionji Kyouichi!... Anthy, need I remind you're late with our Exchange Diary...
10. Miki: I knew, Himemiya-san! You really are my shining thing... *click* K-Kozue?! What are you doing here?!
11. Shadow Play Girls: Kashira, kashira...
12. Mikage: Now that you're all losers, you can join my seminar...
13. Touga: And I still have fangirls to spare. Saionji, do you need some? I see a shortage.
14. Tsuwabuki: N-Nanami-sama! I spent the rest of the contest gatering these ants, like you ordered...
15. Keiko: Nanami-sama, Cowstian Dior, our sponsor, has sent you their congratulations and complementary prize.
16. Ruka: I couldn't campaign from my bed. *coughcoughCOUGH*
16. Kanae: My mother would have probably ranked higher.
18. Chu-Chu: Chuuuu~
1. Anthy: ^_^*

* Translation: "Puppets."

#712 | Back to Top05-31-2008 12:57:04 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Arki wrote:

16. Kanae: My mother would have probably ranked higher.

Ahaha, sadly it's true.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#713 | Back to Top05-31-2008 01:01:14 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Arki wrote:

7. Nanami: Himemiya Anthy, wait till they find out you have an ant colony in your hair.  "We've misjudged you!! Kiryuu Nanami is the deserving winner!" O-ho-ho-ho! O-ho-ho-ho!

emot-rofl emot-rofl emot-rofl

I think I love you, Arki.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#714 | Back to Top05-31-2008 01:27:18 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I shudder to think what Nanami will find in Anthy's hair... She's already been tentacle raped by a giant balloon.

#715 | Back to Top06-01-2008 09:48:38 AM

hayama
Ruthless Deflorist

Yay Anthy! I love the top 7, though I wish that Wakaba was higher. I bet that Shiori would be positively ecstatic to know that she surpassed Juri in this competition. Of course, I could see her saying, "It's not enough!" and plotting to do whatever she can to bring down Anthy.

Last edited by hayama (06-01-2008 09:50:47 AM)

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.

Board footer