This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1501 | Back to Top03-03-2010 07:47:26 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [semi-RP] ~*Dueling Forest*~

And now we wait for our judges to log in and vote. PMs have been sent to them already.

(This is the part I hate the most.)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1502 | Back to Top03-16-2010 01:24:29 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

We have our votes, but before I reveal the winner, I must explain what went down behind the scenes, as this duel was pretty late in being voted upon.

KTK took a while to get back to, mainly because the PM system on my end glitched and I didn't get her PM with the vote safely inside on time. I instead got the vote via AOL Instant Messenger.

Razara was completely absent during this duel, but we have provisions for that. Her currently active "Poptart Bridesmaid," OnlyInThisLight, cast her vote in lieu of Razara's, which has the same authority of decision that a vote cast by Razara herself would. Razara and I got together a while back to discuss the chance that she might not be paying attention or might be busy enough to not be able to check IRG much, if at all.

Now that everybody knows what was going on, I present the vote:

spoon-san wins the 16th Duel, 2-0.

This means that Melancholic_Soul becomes the latest One Defeated, and spoon-san gets to keep her title unless she renounces it due to real life getting in the way (it's happened before when Yasha and ShatteredMirror fought). If spoon renounces the title of Champion, Melancholic_Soul becomes the new Champion and spoon becomes the One Defeated unless she can't participate at all, in which case I'll assume that duty. If neither duellist can properly hold their title, we simply invoke the Reset Rule and continue from there.

The normal rules will be going out the window for the 21st Duel, the Duel Named Poptartity. Razara and KTK and I all planned for a special consideration for that duel, and the details are hush-hush until that duel is upon us.

PMs will be sent out shortly, followed by my journalism bit in the forum newsletter.

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1503 | Back to Top03-22-2010 02:02:39 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The 17th Duel is on! The current Champion is spoon-san; her challenger is me, BioKraze.

Melancholic_Soul had an original idea, but because I'm an uncultured clod, it had to be scrapped in favor of a different one. Today's duel is about everyone's favorite Ohtori Academy love triangle: Juri, Ruka and Shiori!

In a PM to me, Melancholic_Soul wrote:

Write a haiku about any one of the following characters (or all three): Juri, Ruka, Shiori.

Being as I'm a bit engrossed with games at the moment, it might take a bit of time before I submit my prose. Therefore, I give the floor to spoon-san unless I can respond sooner than her.

KissingT.Kiryuu and OnlyInThisLight will be voting from here on to the 20th Duel, at which point special circumstances will take hold for the 21st Duel. I won't reveal them now, but I assure you all it will be epic, indeed!

#1504 | Back to Top03-22-2010 04:12:30 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Well, so much for my haiku idea for the next time I have to pick the format.  Thank you for fighting me, though.  But the power of Dios hath prevailed.

I definitely beat you on submission time on this one, Bio.

Self-explanatory:

You gaze at my ass
I watch her gaze at your ass
Not feeling your eyes

emot-redface

#1505 | Back to Top03-22-2010 04:14:58 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

And I retort with my own submission.

Level 2 Bushido, gogogo! emot-wink

Cobalt and Red Wine
Fight to possess Golden Mane.
Their efforts end sour.

#1506 | Back to Top03-22-2010 06:09:28 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Both are well and good
but I hear a lark in spoon's
of Philip's blunt verse

#1507 | Back to Top03-23-2010 06:21:11 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

my vote is for spoon. the bluntness of it is too much.

sophistication takes a back seat in the KTK car. sry bio.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#1508 | Back to Top03-23-2010 07:15:33 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

BLUNT, HUH. YOU PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE MY ART, APPARENTLY. emot-tongue

I kid, I kid. Looks like spoon wins this one. And sets a new record, too! Three wins in a row -- it's unprecedented, according to my rather meticulous notes. Hats off to spoon-sama for her amazing Duel Forest hat trick! emot-dance

Which means that expect journalism followed by PMs shortly, as is my modus operandi. Melancholic_Soul, if you're paying attention, you can challenge spoon-san again, because now your time as the One Defeated has passed.

#1509 | Back to Top04-07-2010 12:52:56 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The 18th Duel has begun. Today's duel, kids, is another reverse caption contest!

How a reverse caption contest works is this: I'll supply the caption, and you supply the image directly from the Empty Movement Gallery. You are restricted to series and movie screencaps. Manga, movie manga and video game screencaps aren't allowed, and neither is stuff like concept art or sketches.

Whoever supplies the image that most captures the spirit of the caption will win the duel. If there's a tie, I'll step in to break it. Our current judges are KissingT.Kiryuu and OnlyInThisLight.

Good luck to both of you!

Caption wrote:

Ahh... No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than the rage of the righteous...

#1510 | Back to Top04-08-2010 03:18:00 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

:raises hand:  How loosely can I go with 'righteous?'  Asking because pretty much everybody on the cast is anything but.  If it contained something with say Touga, hypothetically, wouldn't that make the caption nil?

If that's an illegal question, I have no problems in refusal to answer.

I just wanted to address it again even though I PMed you about it, but feel that would be dishonest to ask that behind my challenger's back.

I know, I know, just go with it, but that part, particularly, has put a lot of reserves on my choice.  I'll look through the images though I know them pretty well, but I'll go with it, either way.

Last edited by spoon-san (04-08-2010 03:29:26 PM)

#1511 | Back to Top04-08-2010 04:51:11 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

You can be fairly loose with your interpretation, both of you. I really don't mind, though after the duel I will reveal which character(s) I was thinking of when I threw that caption up.

Until then, try your hardest, brave kettousha!

#1512 | Back to Top04-08-2010 07:05:20 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Well, it's fine as I have made up my mind.  Interpret it how you wish.  This is the one that first came to mind and I'll just go with it.

http://www.ohtori.nu/galerie/d/15764-1/Series_ep37_172.jpg

Ahh... No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than the rage of the righteous...

:cough:  Yeah...

Thank you for bearing with my over-analyzing, Bio-kun.  It even gets on my nerves.

But I think this cap is sending me to hell.  In the traditional sense.  edit:FTR, I think rape is an awful, awful thing, so don't kill me (interpret it as bitter sarcasm and you'll hit close to the truth). :stalks off: (and said image is one of the reasons I cannot make myself really like Akio, even if what he is doing could be interpreted metaphorically, like as psychological abuse.).

Last edited by spoon-san (04-08-2010 07:15:34 PM)

#1513 | Back to Top04-09-2010 09:11:57 PM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/8404-1/Series_ep20_167.jpg

After careful consideration, I still couldn't decide which one to pick. There were a bunch of directions to go in, but I settled.

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#1514 | Back to Top04-09-2010 10:18:21 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

And that's the end of the duel! PMs will be sent to our judges as soon as possible.

All that's left to do is await their judgment.

#1515 | Back to Top04-09-2010 11:29:32 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Killer gets my vote, if only because when coming from BlackRose!Wakaba's mouth, that caption breaks what little shriveled bits of blackened heart I have left.

#1516 | Back to Top04-10-2010 09:45:11 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Spoon gets my vote because i find that the caption in question fits that scene SOOOOO well! Also...im dirty. XD

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#1517 | Back to Top04-10-2010 12:14:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Oh, wow. We have a tie!

That means the One Defeated breaks the tie with their vote. And that person would be...me.

Give me some time to deliberate. A lot is at stake here.

#1518 | Back to Top04-11-2010 02:45:50 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hmmm.

HMMM.

*brain explodes*

Well, now. spoon-san's evokes an image along the lines of what I was thinking when I posted the caption -- I was, after all, expecting something Akio-ish -- but KQ's selection seems to click into the essence a little more readily than the ambiguity of spoon's selection. I've also considered other, more behind-the-scenes factors and I'm ready to make my vote...

The 18th Duel goes to KillerxXxQueen.

Expect PMs and journalism to follow shortly.

Board footer