This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top03-01-2007 12:12:08 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Re: Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates

see, this is why I don't eat boxes of chocolates.

The only chocolate I'll eat is dark tea flavoured. And I eat very little to begin with.
(to me its like hell to actually eat, but the aftertaste is well worth it.)
Maybe something with pepper or salt. Maybe.

#52 | Back to Top03-01-2007 12:21:30 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

Hell, I love ANYTHING cream-filled. Except Twinkies. EWFUCK.

Ugh thirded. I hate Twinkies! And because I'm overweight everyone's like LOL YOU MUST LIKE TWINKIES AND DONUTS...no, actually, I'm not especially fond of donuts and twinkies are damn disgusting. emot-mad

Speaking of coconut...Rocher Raffaello etc-love etc-love etc-love

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#53 | Back to Top03-01-2007 01:44:20 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

OMG have you heard about deep fried twinkies? I think I nearly gagged when I found out about that.

I LOVE ORANGE CREME. And nougat. And caramel. Actually I like most of them except like coconut or any nut flavor besides peanut.

#54 | Back to Top03-01-2007 07:56:54 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

OMG have you heard about deep fried twinkies? I think I nearly gagged when I found out about that.

I don't know about the twinkies but I tried both deep fried Mars bars and deep fried ice cream.

The deep fried Mars bar to me was as mismatched a flavour as chocolate croissants were.

The deep fried ice cream reminded me of trying to eat an ice cream and a donut at the same time, very unique.

#55 | Back to Top03-02-2007 01:06:22 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Tamago wrote:

Emiemipoemi wrote:

I don't know about the twinkies but I tried both deep fried Mars bars and deep fried ice cream.

The deep fried Mars bar to me was as mismatched a flavour as chocolate croissants were.

The deep fried ice cream reminded me of trying to eat an ice cream and a donut at the same time, very unique.

I absolutely loved deep fried ice cream!
I've only eaten it once in my life so far... And it was in this grill restaurant. But now I've moved over 1000 miles away from home, I can't find any place that sells that kind of dessert emot-gonk

#56 | Back to Top03-02-2007 03:28:58 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Peanut butter. I love peanut butter, and I love chocolate, but I absolutely cannot abide by them together.

Most chocolate assortments I don't like in general because the quality of both the chocolate and the fillings is poor. But if it's fancy, like say Godiva, I'm all over it.

Oh, and I also hate Twinkies and love fried ice cream.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#57 | Back to Top03-02-2007 06:09:39 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

Deep fried ice cream is a gift from the gods. etc-love I also admit with some shame that I rather liked the fried Mars bar, even though I could feel my arteries congeal as I chewed on it. emot-gonk But if you're going to kill yourself, hell, that's the way to go.

As for Godiva, I've been burned too many times by them. When they're good, they're good, but I run like a 50/50 chance of getting stale chocolates from them, I dunno if it's my region or what...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#58 | Back to Top03-02-2007 06:20:48 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

As for Godiva, I've been burned too many times by them. When they're good, they're good, but I run like a 50/50 chance of getting stale chocolates from them, I dunno if it's my region or what...

Might be the region. The one at the mall here is pretty fresh. Although as a rule, the stuff on sale is to be avoided. I dunno, I like the Lindts sore at Millenia better, personally. And Dylan's Candy Bar is a blast.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#59 | Back to Top03-02-2007 08:34:29 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Here's what I hate: Anything with dark chocolate throughout.  Stuff with almonds.  Anything with coconut.  Stuff with coconut and a fruity flavor.  Peanut butter.

Here's what I looove: Caramel.  Hazelnut.  Hazelnut and caramel.  Anything particularly soft.  Stuff with toffee bits.  Very fluffy chocolate.  White chocolate.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#60 | Back to Top03-02-2007 01:57:32 PM

BoysNextDoor
New Student

tch.. you forgot pyramid heads.

Here's what I looove: Caramel.  Hazelnut.  Hazelnut and caramel.  Anything particularly soft.  Stuff with toffee bits.  Very fluffy chocolate.  White chocolate.

and on the subject of candy.. did it ever cross you mind how they thought up the names? i mean.. chocolate turtles.. okay thats obvious.. but truffles? where the fuck did that word come from?

just a thought.emot-aaa

#61 | Back to Top03-02-2007 02:31:29 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

BoysNextDoor wrote:

but truffles? where the fuck did that word come from?

They're very rare gourmet mushrooms famed for their delicious taste in various forms. The candy name takes after them, being likewise small, expensive delicacies with even some similarity in appearance (small, brown, round) - though these days not all candy called "truffles" are expensive, any more.

Last edited by Lightice (03-02-2007 02:32:10 PM)

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#62 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:16:39 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

morosemocha wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Might be the region. The one at the mall here is pretty fresh. Although as a rule, the stuff on sale is to be avoided. I dunno, I like the Lindts sore at Millenia better, personally. And Dylan's Candy Bar is a blast.

I've never had any trouble with the Godiva store at my mall. I wish we had a Lindt store though. We do have See's though. Gotta love my local chocolates.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#63 | Back to Top03-03-2007 10:35:16 AM

BoysNextDoor
New Student

Lightice wrote:

BoysNextDoor wrote:

but truffles? where the fuck did that word come from?

They're very rare gourmet mushrooms famed for their delicious taste in various forms. The candy name takes after them, being likewise small, expensive delicacies with even some similarity in appearance (small, brown, round) - though these days not all candy called "truffles" are expensive, any more.

oh thats where.

i guess that makes sense..considering youd want to name a tasty chocolate snack afer tasty mushrooms....

#64 | Back to Top03-05-2007 09:37:12 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BoysNextDoor wrote:

and on the subject of candy.. did it ever cross you mind how they thought up the names? i mean.. chocolate turtles.. okay thats obvious.. but truffles? where the fuck did that word come from?

just a thought.emot-aaa

I guess the same way they name paints. (Didn't Ellen do a routine on that?)

Homemade chocolate turtles are god damn delicious, by the way.

Lightice wrote:

You know what's sad? I know I've had truffles in a couple things before but I really don't know their taste off the top of my head. Damn you insanely expensive elusive cooking ingredients! emot-mad

#65 | Back to Top03-05-2007 06:23:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

You wait until you get here, dear. I have truffle oil, and you will recognize the taste.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer