This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-16-2016 09:12:03 PM

zevrem
Banned

Any experience you classify as "supernatural?"

My own experiences/synchronicities:

I've only wanted a very small number of people dead in my life, and every time I did so, there was a possibly-coincidental, possibly-not-so-coincidental death for them. I theorize that I have a very strong Saturnian aspect.

In 6th grade, I was attacked by a kid and complained to a teacher. This teacher yelled at me and told me more or less to toughen up, and I of course immediately despised him. I wanted him to die. That summer, I read in the local newspaper that he had obliged me by suffering a fatal car accident.

In high school, there was a boy who very publicly molested a girl that I had ambiguous feelings for. This incident didn't make me terribly protective of her, but strangely enough, I despised him more than even the kids who had bullied me. He was expelled from school, of course, but the "strange" part is that he died of a  drug overdose over the winter break.

After high school, my brother would constantly complain about the stupidity and arbitrary character of his high school principal's decisions. For example, as a measure to limit the damage a school shooter could do, she locked all the doors into the school except one so that all the students would have to line up in front of 1 entrance in the morning. Obviously, if there WAS a shooter she'd be doing 99% of the job for him. I projected an intent towards her, knowing only her last name, and a few months later, she died of cancer.

For reasons I can't remember now, I was disgusted with the NAACP while living at home. I found out that they had a headquarters in a city near by me, so I drove down there that weekend and circled their building, envisioning a great black cube of judgement hovering over it. Barely a week later, the Rachel Dolezal incident came to light. I didn't notice the correlation until months later, at which point I looked through my Google search history to confirm that yes, I DID google maps their headquarters the weekend before.

The real purpose of elections is to make the people hate each other more than they hate their government.

#2 | Back to Top01-17-2016 05:48:57 AM

Hjalmar
New Student

Re: Any experience you classify as "supernatural?"

I've never really wished for anyone to die except for one person and I even had a chance to get rid of them, but financial aspects won. But I had various moments of "may she break her leg", "may he fall" and it worked. Kind of magical thinking probably, as it didn't work much more often. Though when it have worked, I usually knew it would.

My mother always tried to make me a "healer", but if I sensed death, my hands would not even get warm. I simply knew, probably some kind of animal instinct or light smell made difference. Had one OOBE too, probably I just got sudden chemical change in my brain or something like that. Had premonitons and predictive dreams, so I must have unconciously connected the dots and it went to my conciousness as a premonition. I'm enough cloudcuckoolander not to notice things at first, I just get them a bit late.

But really, I'd rather stay at rational side of life. The irrational one is too close to anti-vaccine movements, anti-medicine and medicine conspiration theories, it's full of scammers and liars. As far I got in touch with people like me they tend to stay away from all that mess.

#3 | Back to Top01-20-2016 01:44:16 PM

Llarian
Miki Molester
Website

The closest I've come to a "supernatural" experience is SLI, or street lamp interference.  Some people feel they turn the lights on, others feel they turn them off.  I'm one of the latter.  I found a friend at college who felt the same, and when we walked around campus at night they didn't stand a chance.

I also called a friend by his father's name by accident.  I never met his father, or had any reason to know his father's name.  A little awkward.

What's the point? Art is so useless. It's such a waste of time!
And it's not like anyone else ever wastes time. It's not like you spend hours in front of the television or the computer accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Oh wait.

#4 | Back to Top01-21-2016 01:03:56 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

I think I might have shared this before in another thread here.

Shortly after my 20th birthday, I started having unusual dreams involving old memories that had been changed to something more sexual. Every time this happened, I'd wake up thinking that it was something that really had happened before I pieced together the correct memories again and realized that they were just dreams. This kept going, every few weeks until I turned 21.

A few days later, I had one more dream. I was in a room that I'd never been in before, with a window overlooking a tropical landscape. I was alone in the room with a strange woman. I couldn't understand what she was saying, but I knew that she was telling me goodbye. It was a short dream. Only long enough for her to say her piece and then leave.

To this day, I'm convinced that, through all of 2000, I'd been repeatedly visited by a succubus who was entering my dreams and using my memories as source material for what I saw.

Is it odd that I want to see her again, despite the likely consequences?

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#5 | Back to Top01-21-2016 02:58:16 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Honestly? So far? Nothing at all. I would say that makes me irrelevant in this thread, except that I'm in a position where I should have run into it, because others often do. I'm a nurse in a place where people die in front of me fairly often, and that's an event that usually triggers these experiences. So far, nothing. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#6 | Back to Top01-27-2016 03:18:36 PM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

When I was twelve, I lived in a house that was haunted like something out of a teen mystery series - sudden chills, feelings that someone was standing behind me and touching or reaching out for me, almost seeing something out of the corner of my eye, sounds of footsteps when no-one else was home.  I found it unnerving, but didn't really do anything in response, just kept it to myself and hoped I wasn't crazy; I was the only one in my family into "woo-woo" stuff and figured I'd get teased if I said anything.

On moving day, my mom looked around the house one last time, sighed and said, "You know, I'm glad we're moving.  This is going to sound crazy...but I think this place is haunted or something."  I was all NOOOOOO, YOU DON'T SAY?!

I've had a lot of unusual experiences, but I tend to keep most of them to myself so that people won't think I'm insane.  That one, however, was pretty darn funny! emot-smile

#7 | Back to Top02-08-2016 11:44:08 PM

PerennialCurbstomp
New Student

Once, a long time ago, at a house at the end of a dead end street, I found a ghost.
While playing hide and seek, I hid between two pines and backed up against something.
I turned around and what I saw was a hum of bright orange made of dripping slime.
If it hadn't told me to run i would have passed it off as a mound of sap collected on a tree.
After I ran out from the trees I was quickly spotted and lost the game.
I've yet to see another ghost, but I do not think they want to be known so I do not look.

Last edited by PerennialCurbstomp (02-09-2016 03:42:08 PM)

Between fossil colored lipgloss...

#8 | Back to Top02-27-2016 10:21:38 PM

zevrem
Banned

Whenever I remember to, every Satur(n)day, during an Hour of Saturn, I try to focus on people who've pissed me off and turn the power of death against them. I really like to pay attention to the subjective speed of music. Whenever I drank alcohol in college, music sped up, meaning my cognition was slowing down. Whenever I remember to Saturn crush, music slows down for me for a long time afterwards, at least a month, meaning my mind on some level is sped up. The pitch never changes, it's the damnedest thing. I also feel as if concepts are more defined afterwards, as if my will is stronger. It's really neat. Point is, you don't want to end up on the list. emot-biggrin

Oh, and speaking of lists, I compiled one of people that I disliked and put it in a big white paper folder. I was thinking about Set's murder of Osiris at the time by means of imprisoning the god in a sarcophagus made specifically for him. Roman accounts said that Set had 72 attendants with him, and when I looked on the back of the folder, I saw that the two last numbers on the barcode were 2 and 7. Read that backwards like many mystery cults would, and that reads 72. 72 spirits to mark the coffin of Osiris. So by writing down names and placing them within this folder, I was ritualistically imprisoning those written down inside and marking them for death.

I bought an obsidian cube representing the judgment of Saturn and planned to burn the sheet of paper on the night before my 30th birthday with the cube inside the flame. I placed the cube on top of the folder to strengthen the hex. When the appointed time came, I found that I couldn't set the charcoals on fire. I was in luck, though, because in the park in which I did this ritual, there was a small band of homeless teenagers. The girl of the group came up to me and asked me if I was doing some kind of ritual, and I said "yes," but refused to say what I was doing. She observed that I couldn't light the charcoals, and so she called her boyfriend over, who had lighter fluid. This of course did the trick, and when I looked at the clock at the end of the ritual, I realized that the fire had gone out at 10:08 almost exactly, the time of the lightning strike from Back to the Future, which in itself is an allegory for the victory of Zeus over Chronos. Afterwards, I thanked them profusely and gave them ~$23 usd, everything in my wallet.

I have never seen those kids at the park again, and I have never seen any homeless people there either. I live in Silicon Valley, so while they might tolerate or even welcome homeless people in San Francisco, the same courtesy is not extended to them here. There had to be some force that really, really wanted that ritual to succeed.

Also, whenever I go out and see people who are behaving in a threatening manner towards me, I like to use the "bull sign" to force submission. It works really well, as far as I can tell, even if the effect is somewhat delayed.

Last edited by zevrem (02-27-2016 10:36:40 PM)

The real purpose of elections is to make the people hate each other more than they hate their government.

#9 | Back to Top03-04-2016 10:03:55 PM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

My cat died when I was away at university, after I'd returned from Thanksgiving break. My mom called me at 3:00 PM, while I was in the coffee shop on campus, that he'd collapsed from what was probably cancer, and that they were about to euthanize him. I was very sad.

That day, when I got home at about 8:00 PM, this white cat suddenly dashed into my apartment as soon as I opened the door. I'd seen him around the parking lot before, but he hadn't been especially friendly. He sat on my lap for about an hour and a half and let me pet him. Then he got up and left.

I don't know how that cat knew my cat had just died, but I'm pretty sure he did know.

#10 | Back to Top06-11-2016 02:34:58 PM

zevrem
Banned

There lives right beneath me a family with one or two boys they can't control. They run back and forth constantly, making noise that of course aggravates me. Today, I made the sign of a demon towards that little bastard intended to force surrender and cause maladies and failures in all physical endeavors, and he immediately stopped running and started crying out, as if begging for mercy. I've been growing a lot more confident in my use of signs lately, it seems for good reason.

Last edited by zevrem (06-11-2016 02:36:32 PM)

#11 | Back to Top06-11-2016 03:35:13 PM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

@zevrem:
vvevv lad

#12 | Back to Top06-11-2016 08:36:57 PM

zevrem
Banned

I googled it and even enabled smilies and I couldn't figure out what you just said. I'll just assume you're an obscurantist prick and ignore you from here on out.

Last edited by zevrem (06-12-2016 01:16:37 AM)

#13 | Back to Top06-12-2016 06:03:01 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

zevrem wrote:

I googled it and even enabled smilies and I couldn't figure out what you just said. I'll just assume you're an obscurantist prick and ignore you from here on out.

I merely typed it into Google and this was the first link, which explains what they were trying to say.

Please tone down your aggression toward forumites. It's very discouraging to read posts like that on the daily and want to post.

#14 | Back to Top06-12-2016 06:24:34 AM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

zevrem wrote:

I merely typed it into Google and this was the first link, which explains what they were trying to say.

Please tone down your aggression toward forumites. It's very discouraging to read posts like that on the daily and want to post.

To be fair, I didn't consider that the origin and it has nothing to do with the rather more literal meaning I intended (which is somewhere between "Amazing [sincere]" "Amazing [ironic]" "Wow. Just wow" and "Ow the edge"), and so it doesn't really explain my use of it.
I was going to say that zevrem hadn't seemed that hostile to me (as opposed to those he's allegedly killed), but now I see that at some point he apparently has edited his post to be more hostile, in a reversal of the usual.

#15 | Back to Top06-12-2016 12:19:19 PM

zevrem
Banned

Sorry. Internet, memes, I'll just accept that they're a fact of digital life.

#16 | Back to Top06-13-2016 07:11:21 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

My most profound "supernatural" experience starts back when I was fairly young. I had a friend, an older man, and he came to me often. I knew he was real. I could see him, interact with him, and speak with him. I'd ask questions and he would respond. My parents noticed me speaking to what appeared to them as nothing. They chalked my behavior up to being an imaginary friend. Any time they'd hear me talking "by myself" they'd ask me who I was speaking to, to which I would simply reply "Eddy". That's what I knew him as. That's how he'd addressed himself to me. And any time my parents would tell me that Eddy was a figment of my imagination odd things would happen. Small items that someone found critical to their daily routine would go missing. Keys to the family vehicle, keys to work vehicles, and in one instance my mother's medication.

After I turned twelve I didn't really notice "Eddy" anymore. I figured that he really had been a figment of my imagination and left it at that. For six years I didn't have any other interactions with him (it). That was until after a series of rather unfortunate circumstances led to me leaving college after my first year.

I pretty much couch surfed for about six months until one of my friends invited me to move in with him. I lived there for about a year. A few months into my stay some odd things began to happen. Door would open and close on their own. Most of the time he and I were too distracted to take notice, but there were a few incidents where we both SAW it happen. I remember one more clearly above the others, mainly due to the series of events that followed.

Mike and I were hanging out as we tended to do on his nights off of work. Both of us felt the call of nature simultaneously so we both stood and walked towards the bathroom in a sort of race. Pretty much "whoever gets there first has dibs". We both froze. The door to his bedroom, which was in the hallway before the bathroom, had been closed. It began to swing open slowly. At first I didn't think anything of it. Houses are drafty sometimes. Then the door slammed shut. And I mean SLAMMED. We looked at each other and both of us tried to pretend we weren't freaked out. I, personally, was BEYOND scared. All the same, we opened up the door to check and see if maybe he'd left the window in the room open. It was closed. That was that. We went to the bathroom one by one and said nothing more about the event.

A few days later we had a few friends over for a movie night.

The five of us were sitting in the living room, four of us on the couch against the wall where my bedroom was on the other side, and Mike in his favorite recliner. About halfway through the movie something bangs against the wall. As someone prone to the occasional violent outburst, to me, it felt like someone had lost their temper and had slammed both fists against the wall. It hit with enough force to shake the couch and jostle all four occupants. With our numbers we chose to investigate.

Upon entering the room we found the room empty and undisturbed aside from the messed up bedspread (my fault for not making the bed) and the unoccupied wall-mounted TV stand lying on the floor. One of the guys in the group was exceptionally tall, tall enough to lift the TV stand back to where it had been mounted on the wall. We tried for over an hour to recreate the "bang" and find an explanation. We weren't able to do so.

About a week later I was at my girlfriend's house at the time. We were heading upstairs. I was the last in the line of people hurrying up to watch whatever movie we'd planned on watching that night. About halfway up I took a step too quickly and started to fall backwards. I felt someone put their hands on my lower back and ease me back up as I fell. Of course, I turned to thank them. The thing was that there was nobody there. I didn't say anything, but someone asked if I was okay, saying I was rather pale once we'd settled upstairs.

You're probably wondering what any of this has to do with "Eddy". Well, there's more.

After a while (and a nasty breakup) I moved back to my hometown to live with a family member. Things didn't work out and my new girlfriend's mother caught wind of it. She had me move in with them. A few months after I moved in they had to take a trip up north to visit family. I offered to stay behind to keep an eye on the house. They were fine with that. I came home from work one day and went about business as usual. Nothing was out of place. Everything was fine.

I walked into the bedroom and changed clothes before walking back out through the dining room towards the kitchen to make something to eat. Between me entering the house, walking past the dining room to the bedroom and changing, then coming back out, somehow mail and paperwork had been strewn all across the dining room, the kitchen, and into the laundry room. The mail and such was kept on top of a china cabinet in the dining room. I figured that somehow the paperwork and all had fallen off (thought it didn't quite explain how it had traveled so far). Again, for the sake of attempting to find a logical answer, I tried to recreate it. I couldn't.

Later that night I was playing video games in the living room. My girlfriend called so I paused the game and spoke with her. During the call I had to go to the restroom and told her so. I moved to stand and heard a deep, husky voice in my free ear, even felt the breeze, as someone harshly whispered "GET UP". I sort of froze and eased back down on the couch and said nevermind. A few days later they returned from their trip. Everything was fine for about a week.

I'd never told anybody about "Eddy" up to that point. Only my mother and father knew, thought I'm sure they've both long forgotten about him. A few weeks after my girlfriend and her family returned from their visit with family I got a notification on FaceBook. A friend request, as it were, from one "Edie Bludwirth". The last name is significant, as it was a butchered spelling of my last name at the time. I tried to accept the friend request with the intent of telling whoever it was behind the prank off, giving them a piece of my mind. When I tried to accept the request I was met with another notification that the profile in question didn't exist. I proceeded to search for variations of the spelling of the name and came up empty.

A few other things have happened between then and now, but they pale in comparison to what I've explained. I don't know what caused any of this. I'm not sure I really believe most of it myself. All I know is that I did experience it. It's the closest I've come to anything paranormal. Just thought I'd share.

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus's life, it has only just begun
This is how it feel to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave

Board footer