This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-17-2008 09:23:03 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Free anime!

Hi, all,

We're cleaning out our media shelves.  We have a bunch of videotapes from Ye Olden Days of Fansubs. We can't donate or sell them, because they're fansubs. And yet, I am loathe to chuck them, because some of them aren't necessarily available commercially here, or someone might enjoy seeing the fansub even if the show is commercially available.

Here are four lots of tapes. If you want one or more lots, tell me. Email me your snail mail (send to tohubohu AT mindspring DOT com) and in a week or three, your requested lots will show up in your mailbox (or at a place of your devising if you're local to central Massachusetts or Boston). If you'd like to contribute toward shipping, that'd be spiffy and help us out. They become yours, to watch, pass on, or throw away at your whim. Some of them are obscure and odd, some are things you might not necessarily want to pay to try out, but you're morbidly curious anyway. Reminder: these are VHS tapes, they are (mostly) fansubs, which means not fabulously high quality (we threw out the worst, though) and always subtitled.

Lot 1: Miyazaki
Future Boy Conan Volume 1
I Can Hear the Sea
Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke)
Laputa (Castle in the Sky)

Lot 2: Questionable Gender
Yami no Matsuei Volume 1 (Descendants of Darkness)
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne Volume 1
Legend of Basara Volume 1
Swordsman 1, 2, and 3 (these are not fansub; they are home dubs of Hong Kong Cinema movies we have since managed to locate on DVD, but they're hard to find and fabulous)

Lot 3: Coming of Age/Romance
Hana Yori Dango Volume 1 (Boys Over Flowers)
The Glass Mask Volume 1
The Glass Mask OAV
Blue-Green Years Volume 1

Lot 4: Silly/Nostalgic Childhood/Other
Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl Volume 1
Kodomo no Omocha Volume 1
Di Gi Charat Volume 1 (episodes 1-16)
Romeo's Blue Skies Volume 1

#2 | Back to Top03-17-2008 12:52:56 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Re: Free anime!

I'm up for some VHS anime! I'm especially interested in the first lot and the second, but I think shipping might be a quite a bit to newfoundland. Would you know offhand how expensive it is to ship outside of the U.S?

#3 | Back to Top03-17-2008 02:04:59 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Looks like it's between $23 and $30, depending on which flat rate box it ends up in.  Hrm.  I'd think that there would be a media mail option for Canada.  I'll see if I can find any such thing.

#4 | Back to Top03-17-2008 07:58:37 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Hummmmmmmm is their any way that I could get Yami no Matsuei Volume 1 (Descendants of Darkness), Hana Yori Dango Volume 1 (Boys Over Flowers), and Swordsman 1, 2, and 3 . Please I'll pay the shipping my self (more likely then not)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#5 | Back to Top03-17-2008 11:23:48 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

KKJ! God, I haven't seen that in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. I'd want just that one tape if it weren't spoken up for. Ah well.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Board footer