This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-14-2006 06:51:20 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Report layout glitches, bugs, and forum meltdowns here!

Self-explanatory, no? If you find any bugs, be they graphics, link errors, inconsistencies in the design, php errors, or whatever, please report them here. There's a whole lot of php, a whole lot of CSS, and a whole lot of my worst nightmares here, and it's entirely possible I missed something or made a typo somewhere and haven't caught it. Here's your chance to play internet detective (school-sherlock) and help me out!

Stuff I know about:
1. There's a tiny visual flaw in the inbox and sentbox of the private messages pages. I have tinkered with this at great length to no avail, but it's only a visual flaw and not a crippling one, so for the timebeing, you ingrateful bastard, be happy I modded the forum to have private messages at all! emot-mad (Kidding.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top10-17-2006 08:30:01 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: Report layout glitches, bugs, and forum meltdowns here!

Well... excuse me, are we supposed not to change our avatars yet?

Because, now I've made a better avatar and I'd lik to upload it, but it always show the one I first uploaded. Even I've tried to delete it and upload my new one again, I still got my old one back.emot-confused Perhaps you can offer a helping hand?

Thank you very much for your effort to set up this forum.emot-dance

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#3 | Back to Top10-17-2006 08:34:27 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Because, now I've made a better avatar and I'd lik to upload it, but it always show the one I first uploaded. Even I've tried to delete it and upload my new one again, I still got my old one back.emot-confused Perhaps you can offer a helping hand?

Thank you very much for your effort to set up this forum.emot-dance

Have you tried to delete your chace?

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#4 | Back to Top10-17-2006 08:36:24 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Weird! I deleted the avatar myself, now try. You might need to reload the browser.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#5 | Back to Top10-17-2006 08:57:42 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Nope, won't do. You see my avvie? Still that boring rose.
And, one more thig, Ive seen the source. It's always 55.jpg for me. I don't know why.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#6 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:00:04 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's fixed now, yay! Please, everyone, let us know if anyone else has this problem!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#7 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:03:37 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Thank you very much!etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#8 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:16:27 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Err... perhaps not really. Now I saved the current avvie as png and upload it, and I viewed my image source as 55.png.
However, if I upload the jpg file once again, I would get my boring rose back. (Because I first uploaded the rose avvie in the jpg form.)
Now I suppose the real problem is this: the file name 55 is my registry auto number on the forum, and everything on THIS server that is about me are named by this number, and they cannot be deleted or replaced. So, when I uploaded my first avvie to the forum, it would stay in the server forever. Then when I upload my second file, it cannot cover the second one if they are of the same format (e.g. both are jpg files), because the registry number for my avvie can only assign to my first file. But, if I upload my second file in another format (like gif or png) the server would recognise this one as another type of file and register the file name as [registry number].gif. So if I use the gif as the second avvie, the second avvie would show.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#9 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:23:47 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Sounds like you know more about this than I do-- but it should be easy enough to get the old one out of there if you want it gone completely. Unfortunately, I can't do it right now. Maybe Gio can?

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#10 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:28:19 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I can do that, I think. The one you want to keep is the .gif?

#11 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:39:12 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

No, the png one.
Thanks.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#12 | Back to Top10-17-2006 09:54:10 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Hi! I've been having a problem with uploading any pics for my avatar that are Livejournal-sized. It seems to be working for all the other users, but it keeps telling me that the file size is too big. I've used most of these on LJ and JF with no problems, so I don't see what could be wrong. Instead of my sexy pic of Akio, I have to settle for an AIM-sized Touga. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member

#13 | Back to Top10-17-2006 10:12:42 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn, only the correct file is on the server now. Should be fine.

Frau Eva, I'm not sure what LiveJournal allows, I think a bit more than the limits on this forum. Link me to the LJ account in question and I'll check out the avatar? (And upload myself if yours is being silly.)

#14 | Back to Top10-17-2006 10:15:50 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Oh, crap! I don't know what I'm talking about. All things relating to images confuse me. I'll try to go find something that fits the requirements. Thanks! emot-smile

Hat Mafia Member

#15 | Back to Top10-17-2006 10:19:53 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Frau Eva: I had the same problem with mine, but then I found out my icon was 17KB and the limit was 10KB, so I had to go decrease the quality a little to make the file size smaller. Are you having trouble with the pixel or file size? It let me use 100x100 icons after I changed the file size, so maybe that's it. :3 Good luck.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (10-17-2006 11:34:49 AM)

#16 | Back to Top10-17-2006 10:57:53 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Thanks, Bonnie! I realized I was concentrating on the 100x100 and not the file size. So I at least got it to recognize it. emot-biggrin

But now I seem to be having the same problem as the poster above. It says that it's uploaded the new avatar, but all its done is stretch out the former icon of Touga to the other icon's proportions. You can see from the giant fuzzy thing it's turned into now. I tried logging out of the forums and closing the browser. I technically deleted any and all avatars, but even then it still just shows the stretched-out picture of Touga even though there should be be nothing there. emot-confused Weird.

Hat Mafia Member

#17 | Back to Top10-17-2006 11:12:14 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Probably is the same thing. I think Gio's taking a break, and I can't help right now, but we'll check it out when we can. I'm seeing your new avatar though-- perhaps it's corrected itself?

#18 | Back to Top10-17-2006 11:20:28 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Oh, sweet! Apparently it has! Strange, but good. emot-dance

Hat Mafia Member

#19 | Back to Top10-17-2006 11:55:22 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

This is not really a problem, but this forum doesn't have a members' list for some reason. Or maybe it's a secret, so I'll forget about it and then you have no reason to kill me.

And "go to top" link. The lazy people will appreciate it.

And on a less whiny note, well done with the forum, it looks very nice as it is! ^.^

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#20 | Back to Top10-17-2006 06:00:22 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

When I created my avatar on Photoshop, I was able to resize it just right but when I saved it at Level 10 quality, the file size was too big, so I just resaved it at Level 5 which made the file size under 10k. school-sherlock emot-biggrin

#21 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:06:27 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Thanks a bunch, Gio.emot-dance

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#22 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:10:26 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Maarika wrote:

Oh I could probably add this easily enough. At the bottom of the page or under each post like in phpBB?

Maarika wrote:

This is not really a problem, but this forum doesn't have a members' list for some reason. Or maybe it's a secret, so I'll forget about it and then you have no reason to kill me.

Installing the Private Message mod removes the memberlist from the viewable forum; I'll work on it when I get a chance. emot-keke

#23 | Back to Top10-18-2006 09:31:36 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Maarika wrote:

Oh I could probably add this easily enough. At the bottom of the page or under each post like in phpBB?

Maarika wrote:

Installing the Private Message mod removes the memberlist from the viewable forum; I'll work on it when I get a chance. emot-keke

Alright! It doesn't matter where the "go to top" link is, as long as it is somewhere.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#24 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:14:43 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

OK, I must be crazy (well, having Utena as my favorite series already decided that long ago), but am I the only one that sees the "chef" as brandishing not a tool of cuisine, but a tool of homicide? emot-confused

school-chef  <---  It's a bloody knife! emot-aaa

Someone please tell me it's really a frosting bag or something!  I haven't been able to figure it out yet. emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#25 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:29:11 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's a knife. Just think of him as a chef in the same way Hannibal Lecter is a chef. *somewhere, you can hear the sound of Gio soaking her panties*

school-chef I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. school-chef

Board footer