This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-15-2007 10:51:59 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

[Fanfic]Kozue Begins Part 1

I said I was going to write a Kozue/Akio fic, and here I go.  I'm probably going to have to move the later parts into FD, but I'll do that when it comes to it.

Kozue Begins

They had never had sex.  Instead, he had left her thinking of him with every breath, every little cell in her body.  Every touch she felt from fumbling young hands, she thought of him.  Every night she went to sleep, a milkshake in her hands, she thought of that car-ride when she and Miki had broken the promises of innocence.  Still she wondered if she would’ve done it if she hadn’t known his eyes were on her, intense, frightening.  The only eternal thing she had ever known.
    Her brother’s lips had been sticky sweet; a taste she supposed was stubborn childhood, he was the youngest person she’d ever been with.  Normally someone her own age would bore her, their lack of knowledge or confidence incredibly dull, but, with Akio’s eyes on her, suddenly she found her hand underneath his chin, pulling him forward.  He had called out Anthy’s name during climax, but Kozue hadn’t bothered to care.  By that point she’d learned that Miki was no longer her own, even that dream of something eternal had been taken away, leaving her cold and only with herself to rely on.  Illusions didn’t help her anymore, only the vague promise of the whirlwind life Akio seemed to promise.
    It had only been five years since the pink haired heroine had left, but seemed like ages to Kozue as she looked into the mirror, at the face that had changed so much.  About a year ago she had started dressing in darker clothing, having a flair for the dramatic.  After all, she looked so good in black eyeliner…. 
    She found it strange that so many people had forgotten who Utena was, but Kozue hadn’t forgotten any of it, even her duel with the prince-girl all those years before.  But what could she do other then just accept it and move on?  On went red lipstick to her lips, followed by a leather corset and short skirt that had been lent to her by a strange girl named Shiori.  She didn’t much like the girl, but she had an abundance of extra clothing that she was willing to give away to anyone she felt she might be manipulating.  The poor thing honestly thought she was stealing guys from Kozue, this was quite the contrary.  Shiori was just a convenient person to dump the guy off on, so she could move on to her next interest.
    Next step was black tights, she swore by the things when going out, there are far few things more seductive then a silky leg ‘accidentally’ rubbing against a guy’s hand while dancing, and they made such a pleasant sound when walking.  No matter how short a skirt got, it would be less noticeable due to the stockings, and also gave the benefit of femininity.  Her scent of choice was carefully picked too, a mixture of vanilla and jasmine; vanilla to make her victim feel comfortable, and think of familiar things, jasmine to linger in the mind.  Shoes, such a small detail, probably the most important.  When seducing, high boots become more intimidating then seductive, knowing fully the ways of psychology, she picked a pair of high-heeled shoes with a modern cut and black and white stripes, ones that would show off her slender ankle.  Also, ones that would attract attention to her feet, she had found an astounding number of men with a foot fetish.
    Every day she wondered if Akio would still frighten her, or if she had outgrown his games, now knowing just as much as he did when she met him.  Even his trick with the car she had learned, simply cruse control and a well aligned car.  Nothing too impressive, only the courage and ability to look confident.  Using sex as leverage, or at least the illusion of sex, she had used this trick to seduce a particular girl into giving her full access of the Ohtori academy records.  That was her only proof that Utena had existed, and indeed had been as lovely as she remembered.
    Miki was standing outside of the door as she left, his brows tightening together with slight displeasure of her dress, although she had realized he would never be hers again, he hadn’t learned this important lesson yet.  They spoke no words, but their silence fought in place of any sound, Kozue winning indisputably.  Their distant father had bought them both cars for their sixteenth birthday, beautiful things; ones that Akio himself would be jealous of.  The metallic blue car purred like a dream, taking off down the road as if possessed, she rushed off to her little piece of safety, her club.  Although she owned no part of it, there was no disputing it was her club, she entered in like a queen, although underage, the bouncer made no effort to mark her.  Only gave her a hug.
    After a few Blue Saints* were down her throat, she began to loosen up, and decided it was time to dance.  With a smirk, she allowed a long haired guy in a fishnet shirt to dance too close, but her eyes stayed fixed on the mirror behind him, watching herself.  With a twist of moving bodies, she nearly fell down with surprise, a flash of white purplish hair startled her, dark skin standing out from the rest of the pale skin, it was him.  She was sure of it.  Akio.
    The boy in front of her tried harder to move closer, she simply pushed him away with a casual hand, dancing over to the darker man, looking at the simpering redheaded idiot in front of him with casual distain, the thing smaller then dirt, parsley in her way.  “Hello…”  She whispered, quite pointedly dancing her way to being with Akio, who smiled that smile she had obsessed over.  It was there… fear.  And she loved it.

Last edited by Iris (01-15-2007 10:58:41 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#2 | Back to Top01-17-2007 12:48:15 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: [Fanfic]Kozue Begins Part 1

Oooooh. I can't come up with coherent feedback right now but this is very nice. I'm liking the fact that it's part one, because that means we can hope for more... I'll be waiting for the rest. And perhaps at some point I'll be able to tell you why I like it.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#3 | Back to Top01-23-2007 03:57:44 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

HOLY CRAP. I just have two questions.

1. How did I miss this? I really need to pay more attention instead of glancing over the thread titles like a drunk prom queen.
2. Two paragraphs. Why aren't they fucking?

Well okay three.

3. Not a Touga fan? emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#4 | Back to Top01-26-2007 01:31:17 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

ShatteredMirror:
I'm glad that you like it emot-keke

Giovanna:
^___^ I'm glad you like it.  I"m working on the second part soon, and actually I like Touga just fine.  The red-headed idiot was supposed to be just an extra, and Touga makes an apperance in the next part. 
They aren't fucking yet because Akio is a basdard, and why would he give Kozue what she wants right away?  Why not drag her out and manipulate her?
Or do you mean Kozue and Miki?  They are fucking.  I just didn't discribe it, do you think I should've?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

Board footer