This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-08-2007 09:42:31 PM

RainbowRoseQueen
Pained Growlithe

10 Things You Wanna Do Before You Die

school-devil Hahahahahahahaaha......oh um sorry.....I thought this would be a cool thread to do.....Okay the name says it all....So let me start...........

1)Sell all my stuff(there goes my will) and get a HUGE lone (and then not pay it back...hee hee)
2)Buy a house in Hawaii or Japan or both
3)Treat my relatives like crap,no lower that crap(I'm so cruel)
4)Blackmail the world into making me absolute ruler,or just buy a few companies and sell everything for twice the amount they're supposed to really be sold for!
5)Establish a land for only Utena-fans may live (I probably will. Not a bad idea....) emot-biggrin
6)Become a serial killer (kidding kidding)Actually I'll start an Utena Amusement Park......
7)Get a collection of swords(and kill the world...err i mean revolutionize(kill) the world)
8)Get someone to make me every last Utena outfit there is...
9)Ooooh.......start a war,or in other words......#10....
10)And finally,commit suicide....get it?

See its easy.....

Last edited by RainbowRoseQueen (04-09-2007 11:49:11 AM)

#2 | Back to Top04-08-2007 10:09:26 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Re: 10 Things You Wanna Do Before You Die

Might I say that your icon makes me ROFL.

Lets see, there are pleanty of things I want to do before I die...watch, now that I'm trying to name some I won't remember any.

1. Of course, visit Japan. I'm sure at least half this forum would like to.
2. Have sex with Little Astrid. I swear on all that is holy and most things that aren't, I will get in that mans pants.
3. Have an orgy with The Spice Girls. I don't care if they're getting old.
4. Meet Chibi, vocalist of The Birthday Massacre, and sleep with her. I'm sorry, she's just gorgeous, and has such a nice voice. Amy Lee can kiss my ever loving ass.
5. Tell off the church. Since I was 12 I've wanted to go to church, preferably the youth group that treated me like a leper while I was there, and tell them that I was pansexual, that I was agnostic, and to keep their goddamn opinions to themselves. I will explain to them how everything really is, and if they have something to say to me, they can say it to Jesus first. I can't wait until some of those bitches are released from purgatory, stand before the pearly gates, and that silly Jew sends their ass back down. emot-dance
6. Establish the Church of Akio. Shiori can be Jesus. While logically, Dios or Touga or someone should be Jesus, this church is not based off logic, so Shiori is Jesus.
7. Establish the Church of Astrid Haven. I shall call it "Havenism". Bloody Nose Bunny can be Jesus. I wonder which religion I will follow now? Both I guess.
8. Create a line of clothing specifically for SiHK Kids.
9. Get married. Aw, how sentimental. But I've always, always, always wanted to be a bride. Just never a mother.
10. Die an admirable death. No "peacefully in my sleep". I want to go out with a bang.

EDIT: I just realized that my number ten was "die", but the list is things I want to do before I die. So...what will number ten be now? I was going to put "meet [insert forum members name here]", but then I realized that no one would want to meet me emot-gonk

Alright, I've got one.
10. Leave flowers on the grave of Vincent Price. Sleep well, sir.

Last edited by dollface (04-08-2007 11:22:49 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#3 | Back to Top04-08-2007 10:29:34 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

10 Things Tamago Wanna Do Before Tama Dies

1/ Be able to read, write, speak and understand Japanese.
2/ Be able to crush a coconut with one hand.
3/ Cause a massive explosion that leaves behind a huge-ass crater.
4/ Have sex with a hot looking alien girl.
5/ Defeat the Iron Chef!
6/ Be able to draw great art with natural ease.
7/ Have enough wealth so I don't have to work.
8/ Find the ideal job for me.
9/ Find the ideal woman for me.
10/ Gain immortality.

#4 | Back to Top04-08-2007 10:48:02 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

In no particular order, ten things.

1. Take five years to just travel and/or work my way around Europe (If I can, I'd like to make it to Northern Africa, and maybe Australia and New Zealand -I can skip most of Asia tho. Not friendly to wome travlers). Notable places I'd like to make it to are Italy, Germany, France, Greece, England, Czech Republic (I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Prague), and Austria (I desperately want to go to a Vienese Ball). I'd like to make it to parts of Russia, but I'm not sure how safe that would be.
2.  Publish a comic or art book.
3.  Create a webcomic with the kind of following that dogs, say, Something Positive, Megatokyo, or :gasp!: Penny Arcade. emot-keke I'm not very funny tho. emot-frown
4. Own a pair of Basenjis.
5. Design at least one fashion line with a major showing (although if I ever had a successful website, I'd do my own marketing, so I guess that's a twofer. emot-keke)
6. Meet Gio, Shattered, _J_, and Yasha fo' real-real. emot-keke (And anyone else that wants to meet me, but I think those are the most likely candidates. Maybe when Razara, dollface and Epi aren't minors anymore, we can talk... school-devil)
7. Touch Michael Turner. :awe:
8. Get married. I'm kind of a sap, but I've always thought that when you get married, it's because you've found the person that completes you, someone that makes you feel whole and peaceful. Someone to fight with everyday and know that they'll love you anyway, when all is said and done. I want the kind of relationship my parents have. I'm sappy, not stupid; I know that getting married doesn't ensure that relationship. But if I found it, I'd get married. And if I don't find it, I plan on being a trophy wife, so either way I'm getting that damned dress and all the freaking presents. emot-biggrin
9. Create something that people attempt to ban. emot-keke In the 4th grade, my teacher asked me what I wanted to be, and I told her "A banned, expatriated author." She asked me if I knew what that meant, lol.
10. Teach.

So...not as cool as dollface or RainbowRoseQueen, but all things that I truly want. Great first topic Rainbow! I really had to think about all these. emot-aaa

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#5 | Back to Top04-08-2007 10:49:11 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

hmmm....this is something kinda cool to contemplate...but hard.... AH!

1) attend a Moi Dix Mois concert in self designed EGL. emot-biggrin
2) Be better recognized for my artwork
3) make my own and my friends wedding dresses (maybe) emot-mad
4) get married in said wedding dress, to my current lover.  etc-love
5) go to Highschool reunion to laugh in everyones face because they are loooooooooosers. school-sherlock
6) have at least 1 child and raise them not knowing abouta santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. (but tell them about toilet demons)
7) go to Egypt, Japan and move to somewhere quiet and green (perferably in the woods)
8) come face to face with GOD (Mana) and nod to him. emot-dance
9) pull off one good cosplay (just one!)
10) live through 2012 without worying about the end of the world and continue my life to complete the list above.

Last edited by KissingT.Kiryuu (04-08-2007 10:52:04 PM)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#6 | Back to Top04-08-2007 11:09:46 PM

dollface
Website

morosemocha wrote:

So...not as cool as dollface or RainbowRoseQueen, but all things that I truly want. Great first topic Rainbow! I really had to think about all these. emot-aaa

If my list was something you consider cool, you may want to rethink your definition of cool. emot-gonk

#7 | Back to Top04-08-2007 11:13:15 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

1) Have a wardrobe I like. Most of my clothes are damn boring.
2) Get away with a crime of respectable size.
3) Travel everywhere and learn to understand people from many different cultures.
4) Write novels.
5) Have a rose garden.
6) Meet a guy I'm actually attracted to (hasn't happened in literally years).
7) Live in Manhattan.
8) Be able to carry out all the plans Gio and I have (some are mentioned here).
9) Excel in the things I choose to do.
10) Meet a whole bunch of people from IRG. etc-love

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#8 | Back to Top04-08-2007 11:18:20 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

1. Write a non-Eragon novel to actually inspire people (I'm sorry, I just hate the book because the setting is quite derivative)
2. Be a teacher, or settle for a tutor
3. Being able to sing to other people for once rather than alone in my room
4. Being able to provide for my parents so they can stop working (They're in their 50's, 60's, already, they really need to stop)
5. Being able to marry someone who I can give my life to
6. Being able to raise two kids, preferably one being the older brother. I've experienced what it's like to have an older sister, I want to see how my kid's life will turn out with an "older-brother" relationship involved. (No incest necessarily involved, though I don't really mind... god, I'm evil school-devil)
7. Visit Japan and Britain and be able to make really good/memorable friends there, too.
8. Visit Poland and touch the renowned dragon statue
9. Being able to own my own Yukata (Is that spelled right?), or a kimono
10. Being together with my best friends

PS: Kiryuu, my mom told me all about the toilet demons when I was a kid when she's explaining why the toilet makes the flushing sound. And that the toilet demon is actually a giant goldfish in the sewer emot-biggrin

#9 | Back to Top04-09-2007 01:10:39 AM

Fro
New Student

The ten things I want to do before I die... well, the ones that come to mind anyway (and since I'm limited to just ten)...

In no particular order...
1. get published
2. get into voice over work
3. get my car fixed and paid off
4. get a job that pays me what I deserve
5. get published
6. travel (especially out of the country - like the Philippines but only with my mom and brother)
7. lose weight
8. have a successful meaningful relationship with someone...
9. own a laptop
10. learn how to cook Filipino food

There are other things that come to mind, but it just said ten... so there you go. emot-dance

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Auzrais/LJ-stuff/backgrounds/lovetobeawriterbruno.jpg
”Actions are immoral. Opinions are not. And I won’t apologize for mine. Discussion is good, and for those of us fortunate enough to be the subject of magazine articles, it may be our responsibility from time to time to try and raise the level of debate."
-- Dan from "Sports Night"

#10 | Back to Top04-09-2007 02:18:44 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

dollface wrote:

no one would want to meet me emot-gonk

Not true!

Anyways, my list...

10. Tear a phone book in two.
9. Write a novel.
8. Have something named after myself.
7. Write a symphony and have it performed by at least a decent orchestra.
6. There is no number six.
5. Meet Gio, Yasha, morosemocha, Frosty and Sevelle in the flesh. And dollface, once she turns eighteen. school-devil And probably more, but they're the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
4. Use my amazing powers of sluttishness to save the world.
3. Have the universe make sense to me, if only for a second.
2. Love someone with my entire being, and have them feel the same way.
1. Successfully put together a quality top-ten list in under fifteen minutes.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#11 | Back to Top04-09-2007 07:27:47 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Hmmm... there ar e lots of things I would like to do before I die... :]

10: End my "Sunlit Garden" project
9: I would like to meet all you, Utena fans from IRG emot-smile
8: I would like to have a naked session in a magazine for young girls and women
7: I'd try to know if I'm going to die in 2012 (if yes, kill me now, and don't bother me more emot-smile )
6: I'd like to pay all my financial debts
5: I'd want to chceck out what's hidden in the unexplored parts of the castle dungeons in my city (German soldiers have hidden there something precious at the end of Second World War - maybe the Amber Room?)...
4: I'd definitely want to visit Croatia emot-biggrin
3: Of course I want to meet Nanami
2: To have a true girlfriend
1 : I would like not to be a virgin before I die.. it'd be so frustrating!

After I had sex with her, I could die ;]

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#12 | Back to Top04-09-2007 08:24:23 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yasha wrote:

HALF OF MY LIST

Well, we're friends for a reason, eh?

1. Live in Manhattan. Long enough to complain because my apartment's a whole four blocks from a subway. emot-rolleyes
2. Travel the world, see the sights, eat the food, have sex with the attractive natives. (Safely, of course.)
3. Learn Italian and spend at least a year of my life hopping around Italy. (Bumming at Sey's house.)
4. Get in shape and take up kendo for sweet sweet discipline and balance justice. (This predates SKU/anime, I swear.) Once I get some confidence on my feet, learn me some tango. emot-dance
5. Own a very high quality tailored suit. (Several.) And a corset to wear under it. (Several.)
6. Seduce at least one person I want, be seduced by at least one person I want. (Learn to flirt first.)
7. Own something that belongs in a museum. Something I love enough to warrant keeping it out of one. (Double points if this somehow relates to space, and it probably will.)
8. Meet a bunch of people on the forum and egotrip because such a goal appears on so many lists.
9. Whether it be my profession or not, one way or another, help people find some peace with sex and sexuality. So much stress and self-loathing over so little that deserves it and so much that can be enjoyed. emot-frown
10. Be a sensualist. Savor every glass of wine. Let my eyes roll back into my head when I sink into a tub full of Lush bath bomb. Weep because certain pieces of art demand to be seen through tears of appreciation. Moan when someone touches me in the right place, not because I can't help it, but because I can and have no reason to.

Ten is the hardest one.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#13 | Back to Top04-09-2007 09:14:11 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

And anyone else that wants to meet me, but I think those are the most likely candidates. Maybe when Razara, dollface and Epi aren't minors anymore, we can talk...school-devil

That would be great, but i live fucking far away from you people. My god mother lives in palm springs (i lived there once), and i just can visit that place emot-frown Dollface lives like... in the other corner of the country.

Dollface wrote:

I just realized that my number ten was "die", but the list is things I want to do before I die. So...what will number ten be now? I was going to put "meet [insert forum members name here]", but then I realized that no one would want to meet me

Me, me!! 8D !

1 - Be really really fat, so fat i can't see my feet. I really want to be that fat, at least once in my life.
2 - Act in a big big big theater, and many people coming to see me and my group. That would be awesome.
3 - To be 50 years old.
4 - Move from Spain (PLEASE).
5 - Have a black doberman.
6 - Graduate.
7 - I want to see my mother happy, with somebody she loves, getting old with him and dying peaceful in a big big irish farm with a cow named Clementine (that's her dream, she always desired a cow named Clementine emot-frown ).
8 - Reach an orgasm. emot-frown
9 - To find my father.
10 - To die in a heroic action. I'd love to give my life to save more, not only dying in my bed or dying because we are all going to die.. i want that when i die, with my dead i'll give life to more people. That's why i'm a organs donor emot-dance .... it is not exactly what i wanted, but it is the most nearby thing.

#14 | Back to Top04-09-2007 09:27:01 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

1. Live in an observatory
2. Investigate the abandoned Greenfield Mental Institution
3. Become famous for writing and drawing amazing comics
4. Get rid of my hypotonia
5. Succeed in astral projection
6. Create an epic thread and a meme on 4chan
7. Have numerous fans
8. Learn how to poledance
9. Learn how to play the theramin (and buy one)
10. Live for 5-10 years as a Buddhist monk

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#15 | Back to Top04-09-2007 09:50:25 AM

dollface
Website

hyacinth_black wrote:

8. Learn how to poledance

Don't tell anyone, but I have a book on it emot-redface

#16 | Back to Top04-09-2007 10:21:40 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

am i actually the only one who would be intimidated to meet any of you here? i mean it would be awesome if that could happen but, everyone here is so much cooler then i. i think if i were aproached by gio or yasha my head would explode on the spot. emot-keke;

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#17 | Back to Top04-09-2007 10:27:20 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

Epi_lepsia wrote:

1 - Be really really fat, so fat i can't see my feet. I really want to be that fat, at least once in my life.

*laughs* That's kind of awesome. Maybe it would be best to do that one last emot-biggrin

Jeez, I can't actually think of ten things right now. I want to be famous for *something* at least a little and make lots of money, but right now, I can't think of anything.

#18 | Back to Top04-09-2007 10:49:44 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I just realised there are tons of things I want to do before I die. I can't possibly make a list of them. emot-gonk

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#19 | Back to Top04-09-2007 11:34:24 AM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Hmm.

1. Get a cyborg body like Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell.  I presume this will allow me to:

2. Travel!!  I want to see everything.  And I believe they are wired for taste?  If not, oh, well.
3. Own bunches of dogs and cats.
4. Read several million books.  External storage, yay!
5. *censored*  I think they're wired for that, too.
6. Type really, really, really fast.

I think those are the only ones I have.  I have my priorities in order....maybe.  I guess if not a cyborg body, then medicine for allergies and asthma that really, actually works.  Or complete sinus and respiratory system transplants. emot-biggrin

Winning a billion dollars would also be helpful for the above...  And 'cuz I'd like to own a little house with awesome contemporary styling with a dog-mansion in the back yard.

And I suppose reincarnating my dream of writing would be...oh, denial is back.

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (04-09-2007 11:38:13 AM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#20 | Back to Top04-09-2007 11:46:35 AM

RainbowRoseQueen
Pained Growlithe

dollface wrote:

I just realized that my number ten was "die", but the list is things I want to do before I die. So...what will number ten be now? I was going to put "meet [insert forum members name here]", but then I realized that no one would want to meet me emot-gonk

Alright, I've got one.
10. Leave flowers on the grave of Vincent Price. Sleep well, sir.

Well I thought it be funny to make 10 die but it can be something else...

#21 | Back to Top04-09-2007 12:15:53 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

1) Gain fluency in Japanese.  I'm close; I just have to stay diligent.
2) Learn to make sushi.
3) Learn to play guitar.
4) Travel.  A LOT. Japan is at the top of the list, as you've probably guessed.
5) Get the fuck out of Michigan for good.
6) Be successful at whatever it is I end up doing.  I don't want "rich and famous," I just want "respected and accomplished."
7) Lose some weight, and keep it off.  I've always been big, but never OMG huge.  I want to know what it's like to be a little smaller, y'know?
8) Get my overbite corrected.  I'm working on that one as well.
9) Be a good (or better) lover/companion/friend.  I usually stick to the Golden Rule in these situations, but I need to learn to open up a little more and be more confident in the fact that the people around me really do want me around.
10) Meet Trent Reznor (or any other of my personal heroes)... and not make a complete and total ass of myself.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#22 | Back to Top04-09-2007 12:53:43 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

1.) Learn Japanese. (Nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu.)
2.) Travel somewhere farther than North Carolina (That's the farthest I've ever traveled.)
3.) Meet a bunch of the IRG members.
4.) Improve my writing skills, or at least to stop being so overly critical.
5.) Graduate from college.
6.) Kill my ex-boyfriend, or something to that extent.
7.) Learn how to cook.
8.) Buy a Shiori plushie. (I have a plushie of a character whose name I don't even know, and not one of Shiori. What the hell?)
9.) Learn how to use photoshop. (Maybe someday...)
10.) Get hit by a satellite. (Please?)

By the way, Sims have Life Time Wants on The Sims 2. Touga's is to eat 200 Grilled Cheeses before he dies.

#23 | Back to Top04-09-2007 12:58:12 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

mercurynin wrote:

2) Learn to make sushi.

Oh! I can help with that. emot-smile It's been a while but I'll remember to make a thread next time I'm at it.

Razara, 200 grilled cheese sammiches is awful unambitious of him. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#24 | Back to Top04-09-2007 01:29:55 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Well, he has about less than 60 days to live once he becomes an adult if I don't cheat. Even if he eats 3 grilled cheeses a day, that still won't be enough.

#25 | Back to Top04-09-2007 02:20:17 PM

dollface
Website

Razara wrote:

2.) Travel somewhere farther than North Carolina (That's the farthest I've ever traveled.)

You should travel that far again. I live in NC.

Board footer