This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-08-2009 08:45:17 AM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Revolutionaries from past to present [a general discourse]

There were revolutionaries such as Che Guevara, the 'failed' revolutionary who became heroic for having died while going down in the midst of pursuing his vision for the Americas.  Maclom X was a more recent militant revolutionary, at least in ideals.

Other revolutionaries were pacifistic social revolutionaries such as MLK, Gandi.

There have been revolutionaries in religion, in the arts, and so on who have pushed the collective minds past cultural confines. 

Having said that, I suppose this is a thread for ideas and open discussion about present and historical revolutionaries, even to discuss the idea of what makes one a revolutionary individual.  Revolutionary ideas are included as well. 

I figured this forum would better appreciate the subject due to the fandom.  However, this is to go outside of fandom and more into the real world or at least to talk of concepts, fictional or not, which do impact the real world in that way.

Pretty cut and dry, I think.  You are invited to think outside of the norm without fear of sounding silly or causing offense.  I want some manner of depth and honesty.

edit: I should note.  Should anyone actually care to respond, know that it's quite encouraged to not merely state one's ideas but to give feedback to other ideas, whether that means elaboration, questioning, or else critically examining another person's stance, not to pick an individual apart, but it is certainly fine to probe into another person's thinking to examine if that's really what they think and why.  Socratic?  Perhaps.  But put your personal 'alliances' to one another aside.  If you care to join.

Last edited by spoon-san (12-08-2009 08:56:01 AM)

Board footer