This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-23-2009 02:38:54 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

[AMV] You Don't Understand Me (Juri/Shiori angst)

Juri is desperately in love with her childhood friend Shiori.
Shiori is desperately jealous of Juri's icy perfection, and has no idea about Juri's true feelings. When she does find out she's disgusted, but filled with triumphant power.

This AMV shows Juri's POV to Shiori, as she struggles with keeping her tragic secret, and not being able to change whom she loves even in the face of Shiori's multiple betrayals.

Focus: Juri/Shiori
Music: You Don't Understand Me by Roxette
Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Genre: Angst, romance
Warning: Yuri alert!

Find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rUhU2L4VWY

Author's Note: Lookee lookee, I finally have Utena remastered NON-SUBS clips. I'm over the moon with delight and creative energy. emot-biggrin No longer will I drive myself insane trying to clip around subtitles, and I get to use whatever scenes I want for the power they pack. With this first project under the new regime I've gone pretty simple, opting only for the oldstyle WMM grayscale effect in certain scenes. And boy do I feel sad for Juri after making it. Hmm, maybe Shiori deserves a chance to show her own angsty pov...or shameless pov... school-devil

Board footer