This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top02-08-2009 11:23:49 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Re: Your Username...

Prince_of_Stars wrote:

Mine comes from the story my mom told me to explain why I loved space so much. She told me the moon was king of the night sky and my father, and that my interest in it was because I was the prince of the stars, and that because my father loved me so much, he turned me from a star into a human, so that I could be groomed by my mother to rule in the kingdom of the heavens one day. Weird, I know, but it made me feel really special.

That is really sweet. Aww. Your mom sounds awesome.

20 threads dead so far.

#127 | Back to Top02-08-2009 11:45:47 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

Soukougnan...

it's uncommon, and long. few people know what it means. it's rather unique. this is why i chose it, and used it for years. it's also why i need to go back and erase my identity from MANY MANY websites. "<< and for the record, every Soukougnan you see on the internet isn't me. ...just most of them.

it's actually a reference to a book whose title i've long forgotten. it was about black people living in Haiti around 200 or so years ago. one of the characters that struck me was a woman who people thought was a witch, or some even said a soukougnan.

"Soukougnan" is the word they used in the book, for an elderly woman that people think is spooky, who--during the night--takes off her skin, and floats around as something like a flying skull, to suck the souls of people. It made me think of some kind of vampire, and i loved it.

i can't for the life of me find anything to link you to but THIS.
i used to be obsessed with vampires, you see. ever since i was in elementary school. i started reading Anne Rice in my very early teens, and gobbled up every piece of literature on the matter i could come across. i have many many books about vampires, and i suppose it's still a little bit of an obsession for me. hn. just occurred to me that i don't know what i'd choose if it came between giving up vampires or SKU. ><

well, anyway, uhm, that's why eventually i chose the name Soukougnan. it doesn't obviously give away my gender, it's  not obviously vampire-related, and i like to say it. heh!

and for the record, i don't like Twilight. v_v

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#128 | Back to Top02-08-2009 11:50:07 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

&oh, yeah...
that actually IS really touching, Prince of Stars...

&to Reanna
i actually listen to Move Your Dead Bones like ALL the time. "<<
i love weird songs like that. aaaaaaaaand, i just recently heard a new zombie song.
it's called "Re: Your Brains."

another post script: i've been on Gaia since it started. my CURRENT name is Prince Anthy.emot-gonk

Last edited by Soukougnan (02-08-2009 11:51:48 PM)

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#129 | Back to Top06-02-2010 09:44:01 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Necrooooooed. Just a little bit.

Apparently "Naji" is a male Arabic name meaning "survivor" and "Minkin" is an extinct Australian Aboriginal language. I thought they were just nonsense words!

Does that make me the only surviving speaker of Minkin, somehow? Maybe I was led to this username because of some greater purpose wherein it is my destiny to revive both the dialect (the knowledge of which is somewhere deep within me) and the sleeping souls of my fellow Minkin brethren so that we may rise up and conquer, enlighten, revolutionize and otherwise generally crack the shell of this, our rightful planet. And that time when I looked at the misty woods and just knew that I was supposed to be wandering through it with skins on my feet and a spear by my side was in fact a flashback to my former life as that survivor, the last of the Minkin clan! My disturbingly strange dreams are in fact auguaral messages from The Beyond! The feeling like I didn't belong, my inexplicable desire to combine radishes with chocolate and have it taste good even though it never does... It all makes sense now! The lost ancient prophecies will come to fruition! I am the slayer!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#130 | Back to Top06-02-2010 10:05:35 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

And you use your powers of destiny to take cheesecake photos of yourself!  I like your style, Naji!  emot-dance

With only a little poetic licence, NajiMinkin in Japanese could be spelled 馴染明金, which would mean, with slightly more poetic license, "the intimate friend bathed in golden light."

#131 | Back to Top06-02-2010 12:05:32 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Hey now. Let's hope that's not sarcasm! emot-tongue

But I like that Japanese pseudo translation! emot-smile Light seems to be a theme in a few of my names.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#132 | Back to Top06-02-2010 02:34:34 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Epee_724 wrote:

Mine is as simple as Astrogeology, Epee is a sword used for fencing and 724 is my birthday! Give cake unto meeee!

Another, and probably the real reason I went with Epee is because my usual online handle is Biohazard724 but I didn't want to step on BioKraze's toes so I hastily drummed up Epee because it's semi SKU related.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#133 | Back to Top06-02-2010 04:26:47 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Accidentally making up a name that means something bad in another language is an on-going fear on mine, but it certainly is nice when it turns out to mean something neat!

Using the name Razara for has given me an unnatural liking for any names that go consonant-a-consonant-a-consonant-a. I saw the name "Nanaya" on a different forum and immediately thought it sounded really cool. ._.

#134 | Back to Top06-02-2010 04:40:03 PM

Hermine
Anthy Assailer
Website

I read Hesse's Steppenwolf  and really liked it. Hermine is one of the most inspiring characters I've encountered. (Along with Egwene al'Vere and Maria von Trapp of all people.)

It's also the name I use in my German class, so it just popped into my head.

And so you could say I want to be a prostitute and get stabbed school-devil But that would be oversimplifying.

consonant-a-consonant-a-consonant-a

Yes! I tend to like anything with a lot of the same vowel and I love the letter z. So, I really like your username, Razara emot-dance

#135 | Back to Top06-02-2010 04:50:55 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I like your name as well, Hermine! Any name that has a connection to stabbing and prostitution is a good name in my book!

The letter Z is a nice letter, isn't it? Truly last is not least!

#136 | Back to Top06-02-2010 08:40:09 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I already explained the origin of my forum name earlier in this thread, but the question I would like to post to everyone is:

What other names/handles/IDs do you go by on the internets; now and in the past?

Mine includes: Infamous Tamago, Calyx Asgard and Night Spade.

In the past, I used handles like Kaosanova and Spatula Boi but that was at least 5 years ago since I last used those names.

So what other names/handles/IDs do you go by on the internets; now and in the past?

#137 | Back to Top06-02-2010 11:06:14 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

As seen above I go by Biohazard724 and also kyle724

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#138 | Back to Top06-03-2010 02:14:12 AM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

My name is relatively easy to understand. I love the band Queen [something about men with long hair and tight pants...mmm], and though Killer Queen isn't exactly my favorite song, it's incredible and relates to the other back-story for my name. You know those assholes--i.e. my mother--who always ask, "Who died and made you king/queen of the world/universe?" Well...I killed whoever has the power to appoint one as such. Thus, the Killer Queen of the Universe. Cake.

Ick. My previous usernames were all contrived when I was much younger, so they're all embarrassing disasters like "anksquirrel" and I won't even go there. Fuck 12-year-old me.

ETA: Were I to choose another name to go by, it would be Charlie-in-the-Box. My nickname happens to be Charlie, and a silly Misfit Toys tribute. ["Nobody wants to play with a Charlie in the box!"]

Last edited by KillerxXxQueen (06-03-2010 02:18:49 AM)

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#139 | Back to Top08-04-2010 06:52:31 PM

useme_imbeautiful
Saionji Slapper

my username comes from a song- Use me by Garbage. I would usually use my nickname for my username but i wanted to switch it up for once.

i want him.

#140 | Back to Top08-04-2010 07:22:37 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

I stole it from Base Ball Bear's song Wink Sniper.  Personally, I don't like the song that much but the title kicks much ass.  It's been my username almost everywhere for like two years.  There are only a few places that some other J-Rock listening-to motherfucker has it before me.  Sometimes, I'll make an account somewhere with the name "winksniper" and then delete the account, then come back some time later and can't reclaim the username. :/

#141 | Back to Top08-04-2010 09:02:52 PM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

Neva Caruso was a character in a writing project that I was working on when I was fifteen and first started using the Internet regularly.  I haven't touched that particular project in years, but I still use the name for almost all my online activity, and have even asked that it be printed on my name badge at conventions.

#142 | Back to Top08-05-2010 09:51:50 AM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Melancholic_Soul
...well it started on Gaia years ago, and it just kind of stuck. I remember there being a boy who was always trying to hack me, but wasn't able to spell very well, I created a new account with that name, and an outrageous password...

It's funny though, this isn't a handle I use often...in fact I only ever use it here and at gaia (and because I don't go there anymore, mostly just here)...

my usual sn's are anthy_utena and arisugawa. Odd how such fitting names didn't get chosen for IRG  emot-confused
'getmiso' is also one of my favorite standby's.

EDIT

As a side note, my most interesting names are Juri's Yuri Fantasy on a j-club wiki and Arisugawa the Dominatrix on Skype.....

Last edited by Melancholic_Soul (08-05-2010 09:55:37 AM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#143 | Back to Top08-06-2010 10:37:45 AM

Cherry
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Quite simple reasoning here. I like cherries. Not just to eat, I like them as a pattern or decoration, in much the same way some people like stars or love hearts or flowers or something.
There's a whole long load of stuff about the symbolism of cherries, mainly that they represent female sexuality, but I don't consider that anything to do with my username, or my fondness for the fruit. I read somewhere that they are also a symbol off immortality in some cultures, that's usually the reason I give if asked. :P
On most forums or games and such, I go by Killer Cherry (or Killah Cherry) because...well, back when I first started World of Warcraft, I needed a character name, decided I wanted a cherry-themed one, so I thought about all my cherry-themed possessions...and I had a top by Killah with cherries on, so...Killer Cherry was born and stuck! Kinda a dumb story really! xD
I don't know why I kept the "killer"part out when I registered for IRG.

I never know what to write here..

#144 | Back to Top08-07-2010 02:57:10 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

I wish I'd had a good reason (or a better idea), but I'd just gone on a RM manga binge.  Honestly, I'd consider requesting a change if I had any idea what it'd be to. emot-rolleyes

#145 | Back to Top08-12-2010 03:02:48 AM

LectitoErgoSum
Juri Jeerer

Hah. My username is a little awkward, because I didn't even think of the possibility of coming off as really pretentious until after I'd picked it. It's Latin, which I make no pretensions to knowing, so the grammar could be off, but to the best of my knowledge it means "I read therefore I am." (The verb form lectito resembles cogito, as in "cogito ergo sum," so it's probably conjugated right.)

Definitely an accurate statement for me, though, so I like it. emot-smile

Who the gods would destroy, they first:
(a) make great (b) give television (c) hand the celestial equivalent of a stick with a fizzing fuse and Acme Dynamite Company written on the side

#146 | Back to Top08-22-2010 09:47:02 AM

Koshernova
Touga Topper
Website

Long story short:

I used 'Kosh' online for a long time, after the Babylon 5 character. Then I realised a lot of people used this online, so it's hard to register to new forums with it.

I wanted a new nick, around the same time as I started my gender transition. Which was new = Nova. So now it's like, got 'kosher' there in the middle, somehow. I mean, I'm half jewish, but I ain't kosher and that wasn't the intent. Still, got a good ring to it, so I stuck with it emot-smile

#147 | Back to Top08-22-2010 01:52:37 PM

Shoroie
Saionji Slapper
Website

I heard the name Shiori a while back but I didn't know to spell it. My friend and I tried our best and ended up with Shoroie. Later, I found out that I've misspelled it but I've gotten so use to it that I kept it.

A nonsense word from my early teens. Ahh, good times. Good times.

#148 | Back to Top08-22-2010 06:57:05 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

I wish I had an awesome story, but really, I was just on a Rozen Maiden binge that year.  I'm kind of looking back now going, "Man, this is a stupid handle", but I haven't come up with anything better.  I'll let you know when I do.

#149 | Back to Top08-22-2010 08:09:32 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Tuxedo Kamen (Kamen = mask in Japanese, so Tuxedo Mask) from Sailor Moon. I wear a trenchcoat a lot. I made this persona up in high school, where I put on a mask and turn into Trench Kamen. I always liked Tuxedo Kamen quite a bit.

#150 | Back to Top08-31-2010 10:57:39 AM

tuomastahti
Banned
Website

Maybe I had a lack of imagination when I chose my username. You see, my real name is Tuomas Tähti emot-smile

Board footer