This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-09-2008 09:24:44 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

Slobber over the main site thread

I looooove the new layout. Quite different after so many months of slightly pissed off Saionji. What effect did you guys use on the Anthy Sword pic? Looks like what you see whilst dropping acid. emot-rofl

I also noticed that the Chigusa and Keiko shrines now have a front page link, as does the UFR. The people that did them must be sooo proud.

I also love the new analysis essays. Wish I had the Black Rose Arc DVDs so I could hear Kozue play (along with other things, like C-Ko).

The only thing negative I have to say is that "Eulogy" points to the Goldmund fic. My poor ficcy...

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#2 | Back to Top04-09-2008 11:34:54 AM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

Re: Slobber over the main site thread

Wow. I just saw it too, that's really neat Gio (or Yasha... or probably both.) I love it, great update. I'll have to read the new stuffs too when I get a moment.

#3 | Back to Top04-09-2008 01:14:32 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

*purrs* I know. It's a wonderful thing to see before heading off to your doom. :333333

#4 | Back to Top04-09-2008 01:26:40 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Anthiena wrote:

The only thing negative I have to say is that "Eulogy" points to the Goldmund fic. My poor ficcy...

Ack! I'm sorry. Fixed! emot-smile

As for the layout, it's just inverted and levelled to high heaven and then the colors were tinkered with. I was just playing with the image and hit that basic look and decided a layout needed to be made around it. I like it, although I'll miss Saionji. I etc-love Saionji.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top04-09-2008 02:10:28 PM

Dematrah
Ruthless Deflorist

As a web design nerd I love the look of it! I'm making time tonight to read through the new stuff!

But far, FAR more, I love the blog layout with all my heart. That's visual etc-wankgirl for me. >_>;;;

"We want beans, not goals." - Anon.

#6 | Back to Top04-09-2008 02:23:22 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Very cool. But why did it have to happen now? I have tests to prepare for; I shouldn't have the time to read all the new updates! emot-mad emot-gonk

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#7 | Back to Top04-09-2008 04:09:33 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Lovely stuff!

(For the record, the second Virtual Star Embryology on the Star Mania Series [track six] is the duel chorus. And there's a closing bracket on the end of track four for some reason.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#8 | Back to Top04-09-2008 06:37:19 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

• Added a Spanish translation of Razara's essay on Shiori in the analysis section. Cool!

emot-aaa Reading my essay in Spanish has made my day. I went back to check that thread, and I guess that I missed the post where Dyepez said that he had translated it. Thank you, Dyepez! etc-love

Oh, and I love the new layout. Perhaps the million swords of hate are really a sword for every hour of pain and suffering that went into the creation of the gallery? emot-frown

#9 | Back to Top04-09-2008 06:56:58 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

(For the record, the second Virtual Star Embryology on the Star Mania Series [track six] is the duel chorus. And there's a closing bracket on the end of track four for some reason.)

Fixed/updated. emot-smile Thank you!

Razara wrote:

Oh, and I love the new layout. Perhaps the million swords of hate are really a sword for every hour of pain and suffering that went into the creation of the gallery? emot-frown

...that's exactly what they are, yes. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#10 | Back to Top04-09-2008 07:00:09 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I've been running through witty comments I could make for about 6 hours now.

I've got nothing.

So, etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love. And a etc-wankdude for good measure.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#11 | Back to Top04-09-2008 07:20:18 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Awesome.

Particularly the Akio essay, and of course la galerie.  Madd props!

#12 | Back to Top04-09-2008 07:38:15 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'd been kinda thinking of cross-posting the Akio essay into a thread to kick off a discussion on it. It brushes (pounds relentlessly) on the overall approach SKU takes to sexuality, which would seem to me an interesting subject of discussion.

#13 | Back to Top04-09-2008 07:44:17 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I know I have been poking through the updated site. emot-keke I haven't finished yet.

#14 | Back to Top04-09-2008 07:51:13 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Two words:

etc-lovepoptart

...OK, so those aren't words. emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#15 | Back to Top04-09-2008 08:33:57 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Gio and Yasha thank you for the new updated website I etc-love it and am not done fully exploring it. However I can for see that, in the near future, I shall as a result be needing a new vibrator. This is as a result of the updated gallery, along with essays so I will be PMing one of you with the details soon to fund it.

I think that the green haired one would approve of the new front page layout. She looks cool.

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (04-09-2008 08:35:49 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#16 | Back to Top04-09-2008 09:41:05 PM

Saint Seafoam
Wakaba Wrangler

This, quite possibly, just made my day. I have EM set as my homepage, so I nearly had a heart attack when I noticed the layout had changed. Go figure that now I'll be up all night reading the updates when I should be studying for midterms.

Why must you torture me so? ;_;

#17 | Back to Top04-09-2008 10:12:10 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

AWESOME. Yeah, that's it. Awesome. etc-lovepoptartetc-lovepoptartetc-loveetc-lovepoptart

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#18 | Back to Top04-09-2008 11:37:03 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Yaaaaay! This made my day too! So much new stuff to take a look at. *_* As much as I liked the Saionji layout, I still love the new one more. etc-love

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#19 | Back to Top04-10-2008 01:45:11 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Oh my goodness! The layout is soooo etc-wankdude... (But I wouldn't mind naked Anthy here school-devil ). I'm a bit ill now, so I can check out the site. WE LUUUVVZZ U, GIO! etc-love etc-love etc-love

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#20 | Back to Top04-10-2008 07:54:14 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

HOLY CRAP!!! I just came!

etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Actually! I love you! I love you! The Gallery is the most amazing thing in the world!!!

Last edited by Sevelle (04-10-2008 08:05:24 PM)

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#21 | Back to Top04-11-2008 08:16:14 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Terrific update etc-love etc-love etc-love

Oh, I found a broken link: Yasha's essay A Link in Obscurity's link doesn't work. [there should be a 05 instead of a 04 on the URL]. Incidentally, I found out when reading Miki's entry on the Utena Wiki emot-biggrin
More broken links on the essays page: Touga and the Fangirls that Adore Him and Akio and the Fangirls that Hate Him. [Here it's a matter of a 05 instead of 06...]

Last edited by Asfalolh (04-11-2008 08:23:09 AM)

#22 | Back to Top04-11-2008 04:51:08 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

I've been waiting until I had something productive to say, but my brains kinda slow so I'm just gonna slobber. A lot. The new essays were a lottery win of insightful, and the gallery emot-danceemot-danceemot-dance gorgeous, it's the first time I've seen a lot of the art, and it's so meticulously and neatly arranged and easy to navigate through, I mean holy fuck how were you able to put so much up and then put it together in such an organised way. I fell in love with it immediately, as I said I've never seen so much Utena art in one place and a lot of it was the first I've seen it, I only saved one picture to put on my desktop so I can go back again and again. I love the dark new look by the way and I noticed character shrines on the front page that weren't there before, actualy I can't remember now, unless they were and I hadn't noticed, in any case that was the first time I've been to them so that was fun, I need to look around more and see what else is going on but yes much slobbering to be had etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love beautiful.

#23 | Back to Top04-12-2008 02:33:27 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Asfalolh wrote:

Terrific update etc-love etc-love etc-love

Oh, I found a broken link: Yasha's essay A Link in Obscurity's link doesn't work. [there should be a 05 instead of a 04 on the URL]. Incidentally, I found out when reading Miki's entry on the Utena Wiki emot-biggrin
More broken links on the essays page: Touga and the Fangirls that Adore Him and Akio and the Fangirls that Hate Him. [Here it's a matter of a 05 instead of 06...]

We will take car of it, Asfa. We're hoping to have another update before NYC and it'll be fixed by then.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#24 | Back to Top04-13-2008 03:23:37 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Wonderful update. Special kudos for the front page design. It's crazy-good! emot-aaa

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/faq.htm wrote:

Arki and Frosty helped clean up scans of the character designs.

While being credited is very pleasant, I must say... I didn't help with that. <:

#25 | Back to Top04-13-2008 04:18:02 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yasha wrote:

We will take car of it, Asfa. We're hoping to have another update before NYC and it'll be fixed by then.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be another update before NYC, since now Blade decides to send me the rest of the sketches, and I have a very very very long, very very very thick Saionji essay sitting here about to blow its- uh...well. emot-redface

But I fixed the links since I hate bad links! emot-mad

And Arki, I could swear I remember you mentioning cleaning up images...although I don't think it was the sketches exactly. emot-redface

Board footer