This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-15-2011 12:23:08 PM

QQQQQ
Cow Bellhop

Ze Tri-Variable Conception Test

#2 | Back to Top12-15-2011 01:12:49 PM

Calamity
High Tripper

Re: Ze Tri-Variable Conception Test

I got the Aethetic myself, 70 Artist, 20 Philosopher, 10 Scientist

As opposed to the other categories, your purpose in life is ... what we might call "aesthetic". That is, it revolves around nature ... the subtle harmonies of the earth; the visceral beauty of things, whether it is their smell or texture, form, etc. You find great joy in creating something, through any medium, that is an expression of your subjective experience of life. Strict intellectualism waters you down, and you find it difficult to cope with a strictly "rational" type. You find beauty in every orifice of existence, and see things in a way so as to envision the emotion or experience that conjured them. You would find happiness working in a way that allows you to express your individuality in some way ... hopefully an artistic field, but if this is not possible, a field in which personal creativity is valued. Examples of Aesthetics: Oscar Wilde, Picasso, Rasputin

I'd say it fits pretty well to be honest.

#3 | Back to Top12-20-2011 12:06:07 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

The Creator

You scored 35 Artist, 25 Philosopher, 40 Scientist!

You live outside yourself - in the things you create and work with. You live through objects ... that is, as opposed to living "within yourself", as the "introspector" does. You do not need justification to create, and you do not preoccupy yourself too much with the overall usefulness or meaning of your creations; you are an inventor and a creator. You are quick witted and imaginative most likely, but tend not to dwell too heavily on the "meaning" of specific things. Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless to the indispensable. Since you are so heavily preoccupied with your activities, it is important to remember to stop "doing" sometimes and allow yourself to ponder what you've done... appreciate it deeply. Examples of Creators: Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Nikolai Tesla Quotes from Creators: "I'm an artist. I enjoy working with my hands. I love reading. I listen to music constantly, but I don't have any particular taste, because what I listen to changes constantly."

I'm not that impulsive but I am very detail oriented. That's pretty interesting. emot-smile

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#4 | Back to Top12-20-2011 02:15:13 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I got Eccentric! 45,45,10.

Lovely, lovely wallpaper. What do you mean?

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#5 | Back to Top12-20-2011 09:34:09 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

The Agile Thinker

You scored 20 Artist, 50 Philosopher, 30 Scientist!

Your thinking style is such that you vaccilate between building and creating things; pondering their purpose and value.

The world is meant to be understood, and its elements are meant to be manipulated to help us on the path to discovering new techniques and methods for uncovering both universal and personal truth.

You are vigorous in your mental attitude; putting things in their place and also justifying the science behind them ... while also expending effort pondering how or why the effort was valuable to you or society in a larger perspective.

Perhaps you enjoy regimented activities or a great deal of mental activity; math, chess, etc. This is the category of a true intellectual. Examples of Stoic Thinkers: Albert Einstein, Galileo, Carl Sagan. Furthermore: Feedback from these types indicates they are: Highly attentive to detail ... they can come across as quite serious even if they don't intend to! According to other users, this may result in a funny "dry" sense of humor.

"The first thing people usually notice about me probably my sense of humor."

"I'm very independent and in many ways don't really care what others think of me. I can't control what others think or say, only how I react to it."

#6 | Back to Top12-21-2011 05:49:45 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

20 Artist, 65 Philosopher, 15 Scientist

The Introspector
"You are an abstract thinker and probably spend a good deal of time by yourself, or at least, isolated mentally. Much of the way you view the world is relativistic; shades of grey. Right and wrong may exist in extreme forms, but the world is mostly neutral to you."

Am I surprised by my results? Not in the slightest. cool

#7 | Back to Top01-02-2012 05:46:23 PM

jmie5
Precious One

The Agile Thinker
You scored 23Artist, 45 Philosopher, 33 Scientist!

" . . . Feedback from these types indicates they are: Highly attentive to detail ... they can come across as quite serious even if they don't intend to! According to other users, this may result in a funny "dry" sense of humor."

Okay, I'd buy that.

#8 | Back to Top01-04-2012 05:46:03 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

The Eccentric
30 Artist, 45 Philosopher, 25 Scientist

you are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life

neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely

very youthful in your demeanor

Yeah.

#9 | Back to Top01-10-2012 02:04:51 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

My results are identical to Atropos': 30/45/25.  I am an Eccentric, not that I needed the quiz to tell me that emot-biggrin

Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side.

#10 | Back to Top01-11-2012 11:22:50 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

The Eccentric

You scored 35 Artist, 55 Philosopher, 10 Scientist!

You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes.

Really interesting test, and I think quite accurate.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#11 | Back to Top01-17-2012 10:02:38 AM

BlackBeforeRed
Acknowledged Smart Person

The Eccentric
You scored 40Artist, 45 Philosopher, 15 Scientist!
You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes. You mix the mystical with the rational, like St. Thomas Aquinas, you find inroads between the sublime and the tangible ... you might have a propensity to let yourself go, though, in different ways. Everyday chores and responsibilities are not high on your list of passions; neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely. Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side. You are very youthful in your demeanor. You are a true representative of modern culture and society; with its shifts toward new systems of spirituality which combine ancient mysticism with classic reason. You are not preoccupied with wealth most likely. Examples of Eccentrics: Timothy Leary, Stanley Kubrick, Socrates. Quotes from "Eccentrics": "I am a little unusual, a little different and very unique."

It definitely fits emot-keke

#12 | Back to Top01-18-2012 01:39:24 AM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

The Eccentric
You scored 48Artist, 40 Philosopher, 13 Scientist!
You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes. You mix the mystical with the rational, like St. Thomas Aquinas, you find inroads between the sublime and the tangible ... you might have a propensity to let yourself go, though, in different ways. Everyday chores and responsibilities are not high on your list of passions; neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely. Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side. You are very youthful in your demeanor. You are a true representative of modern culture and society; with its shifts toward new systems of spirituality which combine ancient mysticism with classic reason. You are not preoccupied with wealth most likely. Examples of Eccentrics: Timothy Leary, Stanley Kubrick, Socrates. Quotes from "Eccentrics": "I am a little unusual, a little different and very unique."

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#13 | Back to Top01-25-2013 12:43:35 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Tri-Variable Quiz wrote:

The Constructor
You scored 28 Artist, 20 Philosopher, 53 Scientist!

Evidence and proof of the claims of others are very important to you. You probably have a highly developed spatial ability and work in a field such as engineering or mathematics, or which involves those things explicitly. You enjoy building things and discovering what makes them work - you probably took things apart as a child and played with Lego's (building blocks). You are active in exploring the world around you, discovering its intricacies and mechanics fills your mind. You can become highly aloof intellectually; you may find socializing to be boring. Much of your life may revolve around a specialized field like computing, design, research, etc. You demand evidence. You need reasons and explanations to function properly ... you are undoubtedly scrupulous about accepting claims regarding religion. You might find art somewhat difficult to appreciate ... it's also possible that you are an atheist. More so than the other types. Examples of Constructors: Bertrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Richard Feynman.

I agree with most of this, except for the socializing part. I enjoy that a lot. Everything else is pretty spot-on.

#14 | Back to Top01-26-2013 01:24:36 AM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

The Eccentric
-55 Artist, 35 Philosopher, 10 Scientist-

#15 | Back to Top01-26-2013 05:10:00 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

Felt like killing a few minutes with a quiz so I hopped over here. I got the aesthetic at 50% artist, 25% philosopher, 25% scientist.

I don't feel that it really applies to me at all though, really, beyond the broadest strokes (ie: I appreciate the beauty of a good nature scene... but I'm sure that's fairly inspirational to lots of people beyond myself). My life certainly doesn't revolve around nature at any rate, whether that's pondering my own "nature", enjoying scenic overlooks with waterfalls, or manifesting the "nature" of ideal forms through acts of creation.

Intellectualism doesn't water me down either, and I don't find it hard to cope with rational people at all, so... yeah emot-frown

As opposed to the other categories, your purpose in life is ... what we might call "aesthetic". That is, it revolves around nature ... the subtle harmonies of the earth; the visceral beauty of things, whether it is their smell or texture, form, etc. You find great joy in creating something, through any medium, that is an expression of your subjective experience of life. Strict intellectualism waters you down, and you find it difficult to cope with a strictly "rational" type. You find beauty in every orifice of existence, and see things in a way so as to envision the emotion or experience that conjured them. You would find happiness working in a way that allows you to express your individuality in some way ... hopefully an artistic field, but if this is not possible, a field in which personal creativity is valued.

#16 | Back to Top01-28-2013 11:46:34 AM

Dafne
Miki Molester

I got The Introspector, 18, 60, and 23 percent respectively:

You are an abstract thinker and probably spend a good deal of time by yourself, or at least, isolated mentally. Much of the way you view the world is relativistic; shades of grey. Right and wrong may exist in extreme forms, but the world is mostly neutral to you. Your lifes purpose is to discover the meaning of your own existence; your tools are rational, self contained ones: Self questioning, criticism, and skepticism. Perhaps you've experienced clinical depression as a result of this arduous search. You may work as a teacher, or in a job that does not require you to pay too much attention (so as to allow for your day dreaming). You can be difficult to deal with in that you are a harsh judge of all things; you cannot tolerate foolishness and can be seen as petty at times or semantical in arguing points that are important to you but may seem meaningless to others. Be careful not to isolate yourself too much - prone to agoraphobia and other forms of social isolation. Examples of Introspective Types: Nietzsche, Heidegger, Sartre Quote from an Introspective Type: "I'm mostly concerned with idea's, human concepts and so forth. I want to understand the limitations of human understanding."

just to be sure I took the quiz thrice emot-tongue percents changed (barely), but i'm still an introspector school-eng101

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/073/3/c/puella_magi_madoka_magica_signature_homura_akemi_by_blueangel06661-d4srws8.png

#17 | Back to Top02-11-2013 01:55:07 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

The Modernist

You scored 30Artist, 40 Philosopher, 30 Scientist!

You represent all that is hypermodern in thinking and existing in today's society. You live a very active and agile mental life, combining it with sporadic activities that involve intense personal expression (art, blogging, etc.) As opposed to the other types, your thinking style is a combination of: methodical, artistic and introspective. This means you are at different points in time capable of: valuing something, imagining it spatially, and enjoying its value experientially. You are likely highly literate, but you are a jack of all trades in that no particular field captures your fancy entirely. You may find yourself involved in a range of activities; make sure you are comfortable with your own identity and that you do not neglect any of the major aspects of thought. There could potentially be a propensity for skiddishness or flightiness. Furthermore, you are very easy going as a friend and partner ... easily absorbing the personalities around you, but not committing to any side in particular. Quote from a Modernist: "People often think I'm flip flopping on my opinons, when in reality, I'm just seeing many sides to something." Examples of Modernists: Tony Blair, Leonardo Da Vinci, Aristotle

Way to sum up my problems, quiz! It sucks being a little of everything, but not a lot of anything. emot-mad

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#18 | Back to Top08-06-2013 12:38:28 AM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

The Aesthetic
You scored 55 Artist, 25 Philosopher, 20 Scientist!

As opposed to the other categories, your purpose in life is ... what we might call "aesthetic". That is, it revolves around nature ... the subtle harmonies of the earth; the visceral beauty of things, whether it is their smell or texture, form, etc. You find great joy in creating something, through any medium, that is an expression of your subjective experience of life. Strict intellectualism waters you down, and you find it difficult to cope with a strictly "rational" type. You find beauty in every orifice of existence, and see things in a way so as to envision the emotion or experience that conjured them. You would find happiness working in a way that allows you to express your individuality in some way ... hopefully an artistic field, but if this is not possible, a field in which personal creativity is valued. Examples of Aesthetics: Oscar Wilde, Picasso, Rasputin. Quote from an Aesthetic: "I feel like I have difficulty expressing myself in words. A lot of the time I don't think I put myself across the way that I intended or the way that I actually feel." -inspired (user name) Quote from another Aesthetic: "i see art and beauty everywhere i go." - Halcyon_dayz Another: "Life,thats my favorite thought. Vida,ese es mi pensamiento favorito." Another: "I am an artist so somewhere in my crazy life, i heard my calling loud and clear."

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#19 | Back to Top09-06-2013 01:04:05 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

I am... The Constructor

20% Artist, 25% Philosopher, 55% Scientist

Evidence and proof of the claims of others are very important to you. You probably have a highly developed spatial ability and work in a field such as engineering or mathematics, or which involves those things explicitly. You enjoy building things and discovering what makes them work - you probably took things apart as a child and played with Lego's (building blocks). You are active in exploring the world around you, discovering its intricacies and mechanics fills your mind. You can become highly aloof intellectually; you may find socializing to be boring. Much of your life may revolve around a specialized field like computing, design, research, etc. You demand evidence. You need reasons and explanations to function properly ... you are undoubtedly scrupulous about accepting claims regarding religion. You might find art somewhat difficult to appreciate ... it's also possible that you are an atheist. More so than the other types. Examples of Constructors: Bertrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Richard Feynman.

Weirdly enough, looking through that description, I count about 55% of those statements as being accurate. Odd the way some things work out.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#20 | Back to Top09-08-2013 08:23:01 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Flah wrote:

I am... The Constructor

20% Artist, 25% Philosopher, 55% Scientist

. . .

Weirdly enough, looking through that description, I count about 55% of those statements as being accurate. Odd the way some things work out.

This made me laugh out loud.  Nate Silver has observed that if it rains every single time the weatherman says there is an 70% chance of rain, then the weatherman is actually not doing a very good job.  A 70% chance of rain should mean a 30% chance of no rain.  If this quiz's description of you were 100% true, I wonder if we ought to complain because it should be 45% false.  emot-biggrin

Board footer