This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top10-23-2007 11:08:40 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Re: Damn cold

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

Personally, I hope it stays autumn forever. I am so not a snow person. It's even worse on the cars, because the salt trucks go out and salt the roads every day, which causes the bottom of the car/truck to rust out five times faster than a car where there isn't much snow at all. So there's a lot of expenses into that. Not to mention all of the car accidents that teens get into, because not only are they irresponsible the rest of the year, they have no idea how to drive on black ice, so they end up skidding about and going into the trees/off a bridge/into a ditch/into another car, all of which can be very fatal. Plus all the littler things, like hypothermia, frostbite, and white-outs so bad you can't see an inch in front of you.

No, I don't like snow at all. emot-mad

Although I don't hate snow, I will definitely agree that Autumn is five bajillion times better and it's the main thing that I miss since I moved here. THERE IS NO AUTUMN. NO CRUNCHY LEAVES. No smell of snow, no nostalgia, no crisp beautiful days . . . *sigh*

#127 | Back to Top10-23-2007 07:49:59 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Today I had to scrape ice from my car. I win.emot-mad

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#128 | Back to Top10-24-2007 07:21:58 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Stormcrow wrote:

I've gotta finish getting the boxes out of the garage so Paradox can park in it too and avoid such a fate.  His car was manufactured with Texas in mind it seems, and therefore has no rear defroster.  Problematic in Indiana, to say the least.

#129 | Back to Top10-24-2007 08:07:20 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

emot-dance YAY!!! Leather day! emot-dance

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#130 | Back to Top10-24-2007 10:28:24 AM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Cerise, I am NOT looking forward to any kind of winter in Indiana.  It's cold enough here as it is, and it's supposedly autumn.  I'm debating whether I should go vacuum my car at the car wash now or see if better weather comes along.  Either way, it needs vacuumed, there's bugs all along my dashboard.  Stupid cheap car that lets bugs in.

#131 | Back to Top10-24-2007 12:16:25 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Frosty wrote:

emot-dance YAY!!! Leather day! emot-dance

... leather you say?

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#132 | Back to Top10-24-2007 12:50:00 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Cerise wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

I've gotta finish getting the boxes out of the garage so Paradox can park in it too and avoid such a fate.  His car was manufactured with Texas in mind it seems, and therefore has no rear defroster.  Problematic in Indiana, to say the least.

...it's not a metro is it?...because mine's the same...emot-frown

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#133 | Back to Top10-24-2007 02:35:42 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Stormcrow wrote:

Cerise wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

...it's not a metro is it?...because mine's the same...emot-frown

Nah, it's a Chevy Lumina.

I know what you mean about the chill, Alexandra!  I hate the cold (although I do love snow), and I was not amused walking to my car today with 20 mph winds.  I know it's 54, and that's not really all that bad, but when it was so hot just a week or two ago, this is a major shock to the system.

At least it was warm right up until the end of the Covered Bridge Festival.

#134 | Back to Top10-27-2007 08:23:08 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Update: it's fucking freezing in Scandinavia. Although I'm not sure why this surprised me. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Board footer