This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#226 | Back to Top11-21-2013 06:04:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: The Great Body Parting (Videogame Trivia)

Almost! You still need to provide a bit of info on the bonus credit. Read over what the question's asking for bonus-credit qualification, and check your own memories (or even a screencap!). Rectify that, and you'll have earned another Quality Bio Body Part(tm)!

That said, you're walking away with some bonus points, which isn't anything to sneeze at. *nodnod*

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#227 | Back to Top11-21-2013 06:19:17 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Oh!!  Yeah, I'd missed that part.  Um... it's really early in the Sniper tree.  It's a defining difference between snipers for the whole game.  I want to say it's the first choice they get, which would make it... Corporal?

#228 | Back to Top11-22-2013 07:25:36 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Nope, not quite! (Wrong rank, that's the fix.)

Unfortunately, I've realized just now (literally, it just hit me out of nowhere. Being hit with a random thought hurts!) that none of us have been playing by the rule that states "wait 24 hours to resubmit an answer". That being said, that rule's officially rescinded for all further rounds.

Here's a hint, sat: there are multiple tropes regarding how one could play the right rank out, and none of them are directly named as Badass Tropes.

EDIT: Though it's funny you say corporal, it reminded me of something. In all my XCom fanfic, I've never, ever written the ranks of rookie and squaddie verbatim; I've always replaced rookie with private and squaddie with corporal. This was, of course, before Enemy Unknown came out and flat-out actually used corporal as a rank. So...I suppose squaddie is a private first-class? (I'm too familiar with the Marines' enlisted ranks. emot-redface )

Last edited by BioKraze (11-22-2013 07:29:08 AM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#229 | Back to Top11-27-2013 12:53:18 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Aaaaaand...time.

This was a very very confusing round, and not just for those who guessed. I think this is the only time I'll do a branching path; what was I thinking? u_u

The answers will be presented much the same way the questions themselves were. I know the second question for the body part was very vague, and that was my fault. I was looking only for classes, not necessarily what they do, so bonus points to satyreyes for going the extra mile! sat, if you're reading this, your prize will be discussed at the end of the post. emot-keke

The answers to all six(!) questions were:

For the body part:

1.) Weapon Fragments, Plasma Rifle, Psi Armor, New Fighter Craft/Firestorm, Sectopod Autopsy, Thin Man Interrogation, Hyperwave Beacon, Fusion Lance, Guided Fusion Launcher/Blaster Launcher.
2.) Close & Personal, Extra Conditioning and Killer Instinct are Assault-class skills. Danger Zone and Will to Survive are Heavy-class skills. Damn Good Ground and Gunslinger are Sniper-class skills. Smoke & Mirrors and Savior are Support-class skills. [Bonus] The two Sniper skills are mutually exclusive, and are unlocked for training at the rank of Sergeant.

For the bonus points:

1.) Using the Power Trio subtropes listed on the Characters Page for X-COM: Enemy Unknown, Officer Bradford is the Kirk, Doctor Vahlen is the Spock and Doctor Shen is the McCoy.
2.) Going by what I'd assume most fans would define them (and this should define what I have to do with the fanbase), Bradford's defining trope is "Number Two," Vahlen's is "For Science!" and Shen's is "No Transhumanism Allowed." This is primarily defined by what type of personality they exhibit throughout the game. (I promise from now on to be much less subjective with my questions.)

For the Poptarts:

1.) The Cult of Sirius, a post-Cydonian cult that gained ground also after T'leth's fall, believing that the Aliens are humanity's only hope from total collapse and extinction. They have quite a history with another, militantly-anti Alien group...and emerged the winner of that conflict. Unlike EXALT, though, the Cult of Sirius has no designs on human society, only that the Aliens return and bless the just (i.e., them) with their gifts of technology and such. They are allied with the Alien threat in Apocalypse, and like EXALT, it's in XCom's best interest to get rid of these traitors to the planet.
2.) Transtellar, a company formed shortly after the fall of T'leth, the Aliens' City, in Terror From the Deep. Their -- and by extension, the human race's -- first successful hybrid starship engine uses inert Zrbite, the Elerium of TFTD, to create a fusion-powered generation-ship engine without needing to rely on increasingly-scarce Elerium itself. One of the many factions within X-COM: Apocalypse, you can do everything you want to everybody else. Piss Transtellar off, though, and you won't have a way to shuttle in new hires; they own the transit grid.

Because none of the body-part questions were answered fully, my Hypodermis is off the auction block for now. That all being said, satyr does walk away with 25 bonus Internets (for Exact Words; to outwit a troper, you either need to be a troper or be anybody but me) and a single, non-claimed bone of his choice.

I will come up with another question in a while, since I'm dealing with a bunch of stuff right now.

Board footer