This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top03-05-2009 03:50:00 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Re: Fans of Le Television

Yep, came on last night for 2 hours. I'm sure it'll repeat either Friday or Sunday.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#152 | Back to Top03-05-2009 04:21:29 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

ahhh.. 2 hours??

I hope I can catch it on either one of those two days. But with RuPaul's drag race, it's like getting ANTM but better because there's drag queens involved.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#153 | Back to Top03-05-2009 07:13:37 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I etc-love RuPaul's Drag Race!

It's part ANTM and part Project Runway. (I mean, you get Santino, for God's sake!) I was sooo mad when I missed last week's episode because I don't have LOGO, so I have to catch the Tuesday broadcast on VH1. I caught this week's though. *tear* But I'm rooting for either Nina or Bebe.

As for ANTM, it gets harder to take it seriously with every season, so I just resign myself to the fact that the only successful winners they had are Jaslene(8), Dani/elle (6), and maybe Eva (3) and Nicole (5).  Some of the girls who don't win have better modeling careers than the actual winners.

#154 | Back to Top03-06-2009 10:28:20 AM

lex

You're right, because I mean where did Caradee end up? I haven't seen her in any print, but some of the other girls who have not won, I've seen them.

I'm rooting for Nina and Shanelle. Bebe was totally fierce when it came to the Britney Spears performance.

#155 | Back to Top03-08-2009 06:06:41 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Oh, God, CariDee. emot-rolleyes  Cycle 7 was just baaaad, in retrospect. CariDee was just wrong, Melrose was too old, Eugena was horrible for most of the cycle, so I guess one of the twins would have been a better winner. However, if they had just let Jaslene in that season when she auditioned, she would have won. Then Natasha would have probably won Cycle 8 and I can live with that.

If you want to see some of the work they've been doing, though, go to All ANTM.

One last thing: Cycle 13 is an all-petite cycle. They're only taking girls 5'7" and under.

As for Drag Race, I like Shannel. She would be a good third place in a Nina-Bebe Final Two. I'm sad Ongina's gone, though. I was loving the tiny hats.

#156 | Back to Top03-09-2009 11:22:34 AM

lex

ah- you're a Godsend! thanks for the link. etc-love

I really liked Natasha and the twins. Caradee was amusing but I didn't think that she equaled a runway model to me...more like a commercial catalog print model, but not runway.

So you think it's going to be Nina-Bebe as the final two?

#157 | Back to Top03-09-2009 04:10:41 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

The thing about ANTM is that Tyra wanted to create a well-rounded model that could do runway, commercial, catalog, editorial, print, and spokesmodel work. The problem is that she can find a girl that can do 3 or 4 of these, but they can't do all 5 because the good models all have accents. The closest she ever got to what she wanted was with Elyse in Cycle 1, and yet she didn't win.

I'm hoping for a Nina-Bebe Final Two, but I heard that Ru's looking for a more traditional drag queen which might not be good for Nina who specializes in Genderfuck.

#158 | Back to Top03-09-2009 04:16:50 PM

lex

ahhh really?

traditional drag queen almost sounds like an oxymoron.
I love Nina's look.

So with this new ANTM it's going to be for more petite models?

#159 | Back to Top03-10-2009 03:54:05 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Yeah, girls like Adrianne, Dani(elle), Jaslene, and Natasha can take good pictures and do good runway, but speaking tends to be a bit hazardous for them. Remember how Adrianne couldn't say "passion" properly to save her life?

I want Nina to win soooooo bad. She's honestly toned down from her typical performances. Do a search on YouTube for some of her numbers.

As for Cycle 13, yeah, no one over 5'7". I thought people were making this shit up, but there were several commercials during the Cycle 12 premiere. The idea is that "anyone can be a model"...or something. A lot of the girls getting picked at the casting calls have been around 5'5" or 5'6".

#160 | Back to Top03-10-2009 04:17:22 PM

lex

I don't know how I feel about that, I mean, yes anyone can model....but....yarg, I don't know how I feel about that.

I want Nina to win too, last night's episode showed just how versatile she really is at so many aspects of drag. I did a youtube of Nina Videos and OMG she's like the cutest/fiercest thing ever.  Rebecca is cute, but she's so one-dimensional. I'm just peeved that Spoiler Alert ::::: Shannel went home. She was so hot. But man, final two Bebe and Nina. If Rebecca makes it to the final two, I'm calling foul.

Didn't Adrienne go on to do like men's magazines and whatnot? And what's up with the girl who likes Nosebleeds on the new cycle?

#161 | Back to Top03-26-2009 06:59:39 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

^(continued via PM)

Anyway, for those of you who might actually read this, Cartoon Network is adding even more live-action crap to its lineup.

This is nothing more than an attempt to cut even further into Disney and Nickelodeon's market share, that's all. Eventually, the only things left for me to watch will be Total Drama Action (TDI Season 2), 6Teen if they keep it, and Ben 10: Alien Force(which is getting renamed after this season, see second link). Now that Naruto's been yanked and Toonami's dead, I have to find new stuff to watch until Adult Swim starts.

#162 | Back to Top03-27-2009 11:48:07 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I watched the Ben 10: Alien Force season finale tonight emot-keke I dare say I found it satisfying.

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#163 | Back to Top04-10-2009 11:26:38 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

^For the record, Gwen's my favorite character. That whole Jean Grey moment was a bit OOC for me, though.

Anyway, for those who are interested, ABC has finally announced that they'll air the remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, and Dirty Sexy Money. All three will be shown during the summer on Saturday nights, but not simultaneously.

Pushing Daisies will air May 30, June 6, and June 13.
Eli Stone will air June 20, June 27,  July 4, and July 11.
Dirty Sexy Money will air July 18, July 25, August 1, and August 8.

In addition, Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show will be back during the summer. Wipeout will start on May 27, and Japanese Game Show will start on July 8 with less house drama and more fun shit (as it should be!).

And finally, Project Runway will be back on this summer! emot-dance Bravo randomly dropped their lawsuit, so now it's officially going to be on Lifetime. The good news is that Lifetime is available to more people than Bravo, so maybe the new audience will balance out those who gave up.

#164 | Back to Top04-10-2009 11:39:17 PM

Haku Vinevaldi
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

i thought pushing daises was cancelled.emot-confused but i hope it isnt i enjoyed it while it was on.

I havent really been watching Law and Order:SUV for the past couple months (i used to love it, but it kinda faded for me. i dont know why). Is Marishka Hargitay still on it?

#165 | Back to Top04-10-2009 11:41:09 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Yes, but they're about to take her off the show. I don't know why, but they are. They've changed the D.A. again too.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#166 | Back to Top04-10-2009 11:44:41 PM

Haku Vinevaldi
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

whaa? emot-mad that sucks. Ice T  kinda of bugs me on there. damn, another show gone.

is parks and recreation on yet? that is either going to be pretty funny, or really suck.

#167 | Back to Top05-13-2009 10:09:34 AM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Just starting watching Six Feet Under, and love it. Seriously, I didn't expect to like this show and now I have no idea why - it's so fantastic. The characters are all interesting and hilarious, and I'm pretty sure I want to marry Brenda.

#168 | Back to Top05-13-2009 10:48:41 AM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

MissMocha and nearly everyone else I love is now suitably in love with Cash Cab. What I love best about this arrangement is that the cable set up at the house allows for two hours of in-cab trivia and then--! Then! Jeopardy at seven. Life is bliss.

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#169 | Back to Top05-14-2009 12:09:14 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

What do people think of the House season closer?

20 threads dead so far.

#170 | Back to Top09-09-2009 07:47:41 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I don't believe in House after the first two seasons. Nope. The rest never happened.

I love Ghost Hunters. (or GHOST DREAM KILLERS.)
It's so ridiculously awesome, but for reasons I'm completely sure they didn't intend.
Talking to themselves, being scares of your shadow, its awesome.

Also, I kinda like the Bizzare Foods show on the travel channel. It's always rather amusing.

#171 | Back to Top09-09-2009 09:22:05 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Debut of America's Next Top Model on right now.

Oh hells yes! etc-wankgirl

Definitely nutrition free TV, but I do love the clothes, the struts, and Jay Manuel and J. Alexander.

This season's contestants are all shorter than 5'7, so it's going to be interesting. emot-biggrin

#172 | Back to Top09-09-2009 09:35:22 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I forgot just how much I love Conan O'Brien. etc-love

#173 | Back to Top09-10-2009 11:50:45 AM

lex

Glee!!!

My friend said it was a "horrible" pilot, but I don't care......I loved it.

#174 | Back to Top09-12-2009 11:14:02 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

(Minor spoilers.)

Of all the divorces and threatened divorces in Desperate Housewives, I think the only two who should get divorced are Tom and Lynette. (Not counting the short lived marriages like when Gabby married the mayor, or Eddie's schizophrenic, pyromaniac husband.) Why Bree's first husband wanted to divorce her is beyond me. I would LOVE to have Bree as my wife! Likewise, I don't think Bree should have come close to divorcing Orson just because he ran Mike over with a car. Orson is awesome, and after the season with all the stuff about how Orson's mother was evil and manipulative, how was running Mike over the straw that broke the camel's back? I like Mike (except when he does things to hurt Susan), but let's face it-- he's cursed. The part where Gabby and Carlos were getting divorced was where I first started watching the series, and while it was very amusing, it was kind of pointless, since they got back together eventually.

Tom, on the other hand, would drive his family into the ground for the sake of his own ego, and blame Lynette for "not supporting him."

#175 | Back to Top09-24-2009 06:08:47 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Anyone besides me looking forward to Dollhouse?

20 threads dead so far.

Board footer