This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-19-2017 12:43:20 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Chiho Saito X Ikuhara Kunihiko Special Talk?

LOL, you probably thought this was going to lead to the translation. But no, it's just the Japanese raw, that I've transcribed using OCR and my extremely bad eye for pattern recognition. I can't promise it's 100% accurate, but I did check it against the originals, I didn't just leave the OCR to its own devices or anything.

This is the interview that came with After the Revolution, it remains untranslated and I was hoping this might encourage a change in that, since there's more interest in Saito and Ikuhara as a team right now. emot-biggrin

http://ohtori.nu/Saito_Ikuhara_Special_Talk.html

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top12-19-2017 04:21:14 PM

anthy_himemiya
Miki Molester

Re: Chiho Saito X Ikuhara Kunihiko Special Talk?

Damn, I would love to be able to read this. I always wondered how much Kunihiko Ikuhara was involved in the new Utena project, the After the Revolution manga, and I guess this would answer that question for me.

#3 | Back to Top12-26-2017 06:46:00 AM

Svetlana
New Student
Website

Just in case, guys, we have Russian translation of this interview (thanks to our translator Atanvarnie!) on Utenamania: http://utena.su/texts/interviews/specia … saito.html Maybe google translate is better with Russian than with Japanese emot-keke"

"Only a fool believes in friendship. - Didn't you know? I am a fool."

{ UTENAMANIA }

#4 | Back to Top01-17-2018 11:09:32 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Holy crap Svet, you weren't joking! Google does do a LOT better with Russian, thank you so much for this!!! emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top01-18-2018 04:28:52 AM

Svetlana
New Student
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Holy crap Svet, you weren't joking! Google does do a LOT better with Russian, thank you so much for this!!! emot-smile

Oh, I'm so happy to hear it! emot-keke

"Only a fool believes in friendship. - Didn't you know? I am a fool."

{ UTENAMANIA }

Board footer