This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top05-10-2012 02:17:47 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: MOTHER EFFING YAH MINECRAFT THREAD

I'm in Honolulu.  Honolulu is awesome, but I miss you guys!  What is the news from Minecraftia?

#152 | Back to Top05-10-2012 08:43:52 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I haven't been in at the right times to see anyone else lately. I do know that Touga has been spying from my balcony.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#153 | Back to Top05-10-2012 01:06:40 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

We've had our first griefer! Dragon caught him right quick and I need to figure out how to keep Guests from building/destroying.

Also, we had the first non-forumite join up. So if any of you see a 'lightningbro' on, he is one of Dragon's friends from Colorado. He's been playing MC since around Alpha.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#154 | Back to Top05-10-2012 02:45:21 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Aw man emot-frown  Griefers are mean.  Did he do any damage?  Thank you for booting him!!

#155 | Back to Top05-10-2012 03:49:47 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Oh? I thought it was already set up so that people couldn't build or destroy without permission.

Good on Dragon for catching him, though! emot-smile

#156 | Back to Top05-11-2012 02:14:25 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

That's the thing. I may have to set the server to whitelisted until I can figure out what's going on. All the settings are set that guests should not be able to build. However, guests can still build. A very kind person on the MC forum has been trying to work with me on it, and cannot replicate the issue. So I have no idea what's not working, because apparently ... it all is.

#157 | Back to Top05-11-2012 10:29:26 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Sorry for the double post, but this does merit a separate post. Until further notice, the server is whitelisted. This is important if you were planning on inviting friends to the server. I will need their MC names first now, until this 'guests being able to build' issue is fixed. I didn't want to do this, but I think the general safety of your builds and the server is more important right now.

I'll let you know when/if this changes in the future.

I also may have to do some changing/reuploading of the mods we have currently. I'm hoping to not break anything through this process, but there is a chance for things to be lost, like LWC locks, or mcMMO levels. You may also log on to find a very vanilla experience, but I'll try to warn everyone in advance before I really go through with it, because I know we're all used to not losing things on death and all.

On a side note, I found another interesting mod you guys may enjoy. It's called Jobs. Effectively, it's a way to earn money through other ways than mob-slaying. It looks like it'd work side-by-side with mcMMO, but I'd have to try it out to be sure.

#158 | Back to Top05-11-2012 11:58:36 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

So... I guess dragon was building something... and I pushed a button... and a giant ghast spawned... and there was a clipping error.... and it got free... and I cried.... and so now dragon's thingy is missing a few blocks of glass, a stone block and there's a tiny hole in the sheep pen....

I'M SORRY.  D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:  I would have fixed it if I could.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (05-12-2012 12:05:53 AM)

#159 | Back to Top05-12-2012 08:06:23 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

It's cool, OITL. Dragon told me he was having problems setting up the ghast farm anyway (I think it was a ghast farm, I could be wrong) and if he was having trouble (same problems you experienced, actually), prolly means he's cool with shit going down. Not quite sure how Aine feels, so she'd have to reply to be safe. >>;;;

In other news, Kurast has its first two residents! emot-dance OITL lives in the Lily dorm, while Sat lives in the Orchid dorm. Nobody yet lives in the Rose dorm; I thought for sure that'd be the first one to fill up! emot-confused

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#160 | Back to Top05-12-2012 10:47:55 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Living in the Rose dorm might seem like a lot of pressure?

The Jobs mod looks interesting, but I'm feeling too preoccupied at them moment to read through all the details.

I should get back to building the tower at some point soon, too...

#161 | Back to Top05-12-2012 12:23:53 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Does anyone know where I can download the free Minecraft Classic and play it offline?  If everyone here seems so obsessed with it, I'll give it a shot.

#162 | Back to Top05-12-2012 09:31:43 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

He fixed it easily enough, and removed the eggs from the dispensers. No real harm was done, so I don't mind.

I only know Minecraft classic to be available online. Perhaps someone else will have more information. Besides, we aren't playing the classic version ourselves, but I'm sure it would give you a taste of what the Minecraft experience is.

#163 | Back to Top05-13-2012 10:29:09 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Minecraft Classic shouldn't be hard to find, since it's free and old and everything. It's on the main website, you should be able to download it from there.

#164 | Back to Top05-14-2012 06:22:44 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Double post, but somehow Nanami found her way into her room! Hurray!

She was hiding behind her bed at first. I wondered where all those noises were coming from.

Last edited by Ragnarok (05-15-2012 07:41:37 AM)

#165 | Back to Top05-14-2012 07:36:39 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Ragnarok wrote:

Double post, but somehow Nanami found her way into her room! Hurray!

She was hiding behind her bed at first. I wondered were all those noises were coming from.

Don't tell her brother.  He might be a bit peckish after all the tower scaling he's been doing lately.

#166 | Back to Top05-18-2012 02:27:05 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Just for everyone's knowledge, I will be out of town and internet-less (as far as I know) until about Memorial Day (the 28th). If something bad happens to the server, best thing is to grab one of the Councilors. Dragon has access to the console and the backend, especially the ability to whitelist people, and should be able to reach me by text if it's something no one knows how to do. Bio's got a good grasp on a lot of the commands to make things happen. If you need Dragon specifically and he's not on, best bet to get him is probably to PM Bio to Skype him. I need to get him active on the forum again, because that would help.

I hope all goes well in my absence!

#167 | Back to Top05-18-2012 04:25:16 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Have a safe trip, Aine! We'll try not to break anything.

#168 | Back to Top05-20-2012 03:46:09 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

To Aine: Sorry I don't log in as much. emot-frown Right now, I'm logging into IRG to post and check IFD. If you think this is bad, you should see how often I bother checking my Email. >>;;; I'm easily reached on Facebook, so if anybody has any problems, go ahead and hail me with smoke signals. emot-tongue May need to friend me first, but if that's the case I'd love to friend you. emot-keke

To the other 'crafters: I've added two new areas to Kurast, a lava disposal pit and some farmland. The disposal pit's small and only one block deep, but still, please don't fall in. The farm has an OMFG HUEG wheat area, a sugar cane area, a melon area and two livestock pens. One is for chickens and the other is for sheepies. Both are empty, though, so if you have chicken or sheepy eggs you don't need, feel free to donate! emot-keke There is also a storage station in the farm area (east, I think it is? of the town bulletins), that you can put delicious noms taken from the farm and things like wool and feathers if you feel like donating.

Also, I may have mentioned this already, but the area designated as the Travincal Marshes are PVP- and mob spawn-disabled. I updated the greet/depart text to reflect these statuses. emot-keke

I've got a fairly okayish understanding of commands (augh 20+ pages emot-gonk ) but not as solid as I'd like my understanding to be. I may need to speak with Dragon and Aine when she comes back to advance. In the meantime, if I'm on and you see me and there're problems I can't fix, I'll gladly let Dragon know ASAP.

(I guess the biggest problem I should fix is getting on regularly. >>;;; )

Last edited by BioKraze (05-21-2012 10:44:28 AM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#169 | Back to Top06-01-2012 03:51:08 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(AUGH DOUBLE POST but it is FOR GREAT JUSTICE)

A while back, I think it was, Aine offhandedly mentioned something about Spawn City being, y'know, an actual city. Which got me to wondering, if those blue foundations are there to be future houses, then how much would a home at spawn cost, and what would be the caveats?

Might sound greedy coming from me, but I technically don't live in Kurast at all. I just threw it together and bang on garage doors when the music gets too loud. >>;;; The office I have is just that, an office. (Which means I should pull the bed out of it eventually, huh?)

#170 | Back to Top06-01-2012 05:28:30 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

The teal foundations were originally for player-run shops, but that's a huge amount of space for something we won't need a lot of really. I'm not sure. I suppose it's an idea to be bandied about!

#171 | Back to Top06-02-2012 01:02:01 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make a comment. If you prank a person, you need to take ownership of your prank. Some sort of notification needs to be made. Granted, I assume it was Bio who snow-golemed Dragon's Keep all to heck, but still.

So many snowmen... emot-gonk

#172 | Back to Top06-02-2012 10:37:50 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Sorry, sorry! emot-redface Should I leave a sign next time, use the mail system, something like that? I suck at announcing my presence, and nobody was on. I'll use the mail system from now on; I assume Students can check theirs, or it would be useless otherwise.

Yeah, the snowmen thing was me. If it's not cleaned up today, I'll do it myself. Even clean up all the snow, if that's expected. emot-redface I think for that alone, I deserve having Kurast completely overrun by chickens and mooshrooms. emot-biggrin

ETA: All the snow and remaining snowmen have been cleared. Aine, I accidentally killed one of Dragon's "rare Kaza sheep" that were from my last prank while cleaning up the snow; I replaced it once I was done.

Last edited by BioKraze (06-02-2012 11:49:22 AM)

#173 | Back to Top06-02-2012 11:59:46 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

We didn't mind them, and found it amusing, but thank you for cleaning it up. I prefer signs myself, because then everyone who visits knows what's going on. I'm still so glad no one knows where my jungle is yet.

#174 | Back to Top06-03-2012 12:23:31 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I am sucking with these double posts, however I just had a serious question for all of you, that I wanted to make sure everyone saw.

It's very obvious that the next official patch is bringing a lot of changes. The new ore, the villager changes, the new creation mode of the large biomes, cocoa beans... There's a lot going down and it's not even officially released yet. I'm sure more yet will be coming, especially with the crossover of multiplayer and singleplayer.

Now, in a lot of aspects, our world is pretty pristine, but we have done a lot of exploration, relatively speaking, and there have been some larger builds going on. I was wondering how we wanted to approach the fact that emeralds will be incredibly hard to find anywhere close to where people are currently. The easiest thing would be to start a new world, but all build progress we have currently would be lost. A slightly more difficult option would be to add another mod called Multiworld, and create a mining-specific world, designed to be wiped and recreated regularly. Though, I do have plans to add a Creative flatland second world, so this isn't that big of a deal really. Or we can simply deal with shops and what we find on a more extensive exploration.

Mainly, I just wanted to put out feelers on people's opinions.

Of course, I've also noticed a few of you haven't been on in a good long while, and was wondering if the server's appeal has lost it's savor? Or if people just had a lot of stuff going on, which I completely understand. If people have issues of any variety, I'd like to know, especially if it's something I'm doing or not doing.

#175 | Back to Top06-03-2012 12:48:16 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I'd hate to see everything we've built get lost.

... even though I've been slacking, and haven't been in at all lately. But I haven't lost interest, I promise!

Emeralds aren't incredibly important to me, personally, but I don't know all of the changes which are coming.

A mining specific world could be nice, so that satyr doesn't accidentally tunnel into Dragon's basement again.

Board footer