This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top09-20-2008 10:38:42 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

Re: Weird work stories.

Wow. Work is just so entertaining.

Anyway, I work in my complex's two cafeterias. I'm a student cook lead, meaning that that I supervise the general employees and do the actual cooking. Cook leads are responsible for knowing how to operate and cleaning equipment, cleaning the kitchen, and actually cooking. Though we aren't the real cooks (there are full-time cooks who actually know all the recipes), we still need to have some good cooking knowledge.

Supposedly.

I have no idea how this guy got promoted to cook lead, but he did. He lacks what you would call ... common sense? Anyway the full-time cooks were so frustrated with him because he's just so slow in the kitchen, and makes too many mistakes. One of them got on his last nerve when this guy screwed up big time. He was asked to put away some pancake batter. Guess where he puts all of it?

In the warmer.

Who puts pancake batter in a warmer?! Well, the next thing you know, the other cooks are looking for it and find a whole soup well filled with cooked pancake.

That's not all, and I find this quite funny.

Apparently, he was moved to another station. For breakfast, we have a customized omelette station. Apparently, he hates eggs. So much, that he's never cooked them before. My former roommate, who was a student supervisor, was checking up on him to make sure everything was okay. She comes up to him and he's tapping an egg against a bowl.

Tapping?

She asks what he's up to and then he responds with.

"How do you do this?"

He didn't know how to crack open an egg. emot-gonk

His excuse? He hates eggs and doesn't like the smell. Again, how did he get promoted to cook lead when he doesn't even know the basic principle of cracking an egg open?

Well, this semester, he wasn't assigned any cooking shifts whatsoever. I wonder why?

Board footer