This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-28-2008 11:27:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

The Unofficial EXCLUSIVE Forum Official Gallery Launch: The Thread!

Are you the type that's always worried the end of the world is coming? Well it's here! school-devil

The site is now upgraded, so I'm safe launching the gallery. I'm doing it first...FOR THE FORUM, since you guys helped me along the way, supporting me and cheering me on while I bitched and moaned about coding and Photoshop. This is the culmination of all that work. All the screencaps, all the cleaned up artwork images, everything. All 1.2GB in over 11,250 files. Enjoy.

Why am I opening it here first? Well you darlings can be my beta testers. Good? Bad? Are the thumbnails spilling off the page? Is everything linking up the way it should? Etc, etc. What IS missing? Blade owes me 200+ background sketch images for the series section, and I haven't written the FAQ/credits section, which will be up when it launches on the site proper. (Which is going to be pretty soon.) Also, the search function is spottily distributed at best. I'm going to work on it in bits and pieces over time. It's really a fringe benefit anyway, the meat is here, and no one's going to need to dig any harder to get what they want than they did before.

I hope you all enjoy. Way more than I 'enjoyed' making it. emot-wink Off you go!

http://www.ohtori.nu/galerie

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top02-28-2008 11:48:57 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

Re: The Unofficial EXCLUSIVE Forum Official Gallery Launch: The Thread!

It's beautiful.  I naturally first searched "Nanami" and immediately got 95 results that made me wish I were a cartoon character that liked being abused by a crazy girl.

I don't quite understand "Gallery Core Results" that gives you three results after searching, and then you click to show all.  Also, some things aren't tagged with keywords, but I suppose this is what you meant by "the search function is spottily distributed."  I can understand how such a thing would be awful to do.  The only thing I don't really like is how the left column goes "..." for long lists, but then I realized that some lists go on forever, so it'd be impractical to list everything.

Anyway.  It's quite the useful repository.  You are amazing for doing all that work.

#3 | Back to Top02-28-2008 11:49:36 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

A preliminary overview looks good. I'm so proud of you, Gio. I just wish I could have been more help.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#4 | Back to Top02-28-2008 11:57:35 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I love you. I should send you dark chocolate and Dom Pérignon. etc-love etc-love etc-love

#5 | Back to Top02-29-2008 12:22:24 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

After waiting patiently, it's finally here!

#6 | Back to Top02-29-2008 08:14:44 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

etc-love

Browsed it for a while, and... etc-wankgirl

On a more formal note, is it possible to add an explanation of what the most common keywords are? (e.g. though it's not the only one, you could explain there are certain panned shots especially suitable to make wallpapers from - or etc-wankgirl to)

I think you already mentioned that on a previous thread. Is it mean to be a part of the FAQ?

Edit: I can't type.

Last edited by Asfalolh (02-29-2008 08:24:36 AM)

#7 | Back to Top02-29-2008 08:40:13 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Beautiful! etc-love I love the simple layout, it works very well for the  gallery. A more complex layout would only make browsing slower.

And the content... No comment on that, it has no equal. etc-love etc-love etc-love Mmm, I especially love the screencaps. *_* It's great to have them all for reference material.

YAY! etc-love

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#8 | Back to Top02-29-2008 09:46:35 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Sexy.

I was browsing this one during Informatics class and two of my friends asked me for the url, cause it looked cool. They haven't even seen SKU. So your efforts influence and grasp people even beyond the circles of the fandom. emot-biggrin

#9 | Back to Top02-29-2008 02:16:57 PM

jayskittles
Saionji Slapper

It's the most amazing picture gallery I've ever seen.

who wrinkled my randy travis poster
pissed in the seat
and stole my keys

#10 | Back to Top02-29-2008 02:21:51 PM

BalamiyaVardihi
High Tripper

WOOOOO! It rocks hard, Gio!

Twirling round with this familiar parabol
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and
Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

#11 | Back to Top02-29-2008 02:46:36 PM

VerboseWordsmith
Wakaba Wrangler

This is pretty much the most amazing thing ever. Thank you so much!

#12 | Back to Top02-29-2008 06:17:06 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Well I guess that the words win and fabulous have been said well you have given me more etc-wankdude etc-wankgirl fodder....taro cards. Really my dear that looks great thank you...etc-love and for you poptart poptart

Random question how long did this take you?

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (03-01-2008 05:10:12 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#13 | Back to Top02-29-2008 07:19:13 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Le drool.

On my next day off from work, I know where I'll be online.

Infinite poptart for you!  All the hard work is much appreciated! emot-dance

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#14 | Back to Top02-29-2008 08:38:06 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

The colours! The colours!!

#15 | Back to Top03-01-2008 04:01:39 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

This is cool as hell. I want to download it all up. Kudos for great work Gio. Now, get some more. emot-wink

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#16 | Back to Top03-01-2008 05:30:01 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

It's amazingly well organized and navigable and well-labeled. You put a lot of love and attention into a lot of little details.
emot-smileemot-smileemot-smile

#17 | Back to Top03-01-2008 11:15:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

mazoboom wrote:

I don't quite understand "Gallery Core Results" that gives you three results after searching, and then you click to show all.

That is unfortunately a flaw of the code that I'm not skilled enough to correct. I can't just skip that page because the show all function already assumes the search has been completed. I assure you I modded the search function as much as I could for practicality. Originally using two words in the search gave you all hits for each word, instead of only hits which had both.

mazoboom wrote:

The only thing I don't really like is how the left column goes "..." for long lists, but then I realized that some lists go on forever, so it'd be impractical to list everything.

I could probably lengthen the point where that happens so that it tends to only happen on the actual image pages and not the sections, but yeah. Some of the sections are 300 pictures long. emot-redface

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

I love you. I should send you dark chocolate and Dom Pérignon. etc-love etc-love etc-love

Actually I already have some delicious dark chocolate. But you're free to send over some bubbles. emot-biggrin

Asfalolh wrote:

On a more formal note, is it possible to add an explanation of what the most common keywords are? (e.g. though it's not the only one, you could explain there are certain panned shots especially suitable to make wallpapers from - or etc-wankgirl to)

I think you already mentioned that on a previous thread. Is it mean to be a part of the FAQ?

Yes, that will be part of the faq. emot-smile

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Random question how long did this take you?

I started this in November of 06. So a little over a year. cool

I'm glad everyone's having fun with it! emot-dance Remember: 2500 pixel wide pictures of Akio are totally worth etc-wankgirl over.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#18 | Back to Top03-02-2008 09:29:24 PM

Mock Puppet
Azure Paleontologist
Website

I for one am a happy camper, might end up staying in the library until closing time checking out your wonderbar gallery Giovanna.

etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

“Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.”
-A. Nonymous-

#19 | Back to Top03-03-2008 04:09:55 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Completely off topic, Mock Puppet, I'm guessing you're a fellow Disturbed fan from your avatar. emot-wink

I'm still in awe of the gallery, debating with myself whether to download it all...

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#20 | Back to Top03-03-2008 04:15:48 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Attempting to download the whole thing would be absurd brutal murder. school-eng101

If any of you know anything about torrenting, I would be happy to host a torrent of the files. Otherwise I'll do something like split it into parts and put it on sendspace for you. emot-smile

#21 | Back to Top03-03-2008 05:04:49 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I am forced to be a total leech, otherwise I would be using a Photoshop clone program to edit together sigs and wallpapers to contribute. Certainly that would be most worthwhile, but the computer I use isn't well.... exactly mine, ya catch my drift?

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#22 | Back to Top03-03-2008 05:08:28 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I noticed that Mari didn't get any tags to her credit. I'm mildly disappointed about that, but it's something I can live with. I mean, come on, she only shows up in one episode, right?

Anyway, I shall never want for SKUpidity images, ever. You have truly done the nearly impossible, O Ends of the Forum. Congratulations on a stupendous effort! emot-dance

poptartpoptartpoptartpoptartpoptart for you!

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#23 | Back to Top03-03-2008 05:20:16 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Attempting to download the whole thing would be absurd brutal murder. school-eng101

If any of you know anything about torrenting, I would be happy to host a torrent of the files. Otherwise I'll do something like split it into parts and put it on sendspace for you. emot-smile

It's very simple, however it requiers patiance. This what you need:

- Create the torrent file
1. Download uTorrent here
2. Install the program and follow the image
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8161/tutorial01re2.jpg
3. Now select "Add Folder" and choose the folder where your image are stored (sorry but my utorrent is in italian emot-gonk)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/15/tutorial02mp9.jpg
4. Now you must enter the tracker adress. There are different sites that has a torrent tracker, but now we'll use the Piratebay's one.

Insert this:
http://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce
udp://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3775/tutorial03ta3.jpg

5. Now click on "create and save as..." and save your torrent.
6. Ok, we have created the torrent file, but now we must upload it on the proper tracker, so go to http://thepiratebay.org/, create an account and upload the torrent.
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2350/tutorial04lv4.jpg

Congratulations! Now click on your torrent files, select the folder where your file are stored, and share! emot-rofl

Last edited by Sey (03-03-2008 05:59:58 PM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#24 | Back to Top03-03-2008 05:48:59 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Astounding job! Cheers to you, Gio!!! I would sacrifice a virgin in your honor, but... I can't find any! ;__; Oh yeah, there's Saionji! emot-biggrin

I've searched every dirty word that comes to mind and the best part is I GET RESULTS!!! emot-rofl

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#25 | Back to Top03-03-2008 08:18:34 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

I love you Gio! etc-love

Finding reference images for my uniform Akio costume took under two minutes.  Hurray! >)

Board footer