This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-09-2009 01:50:48 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

SKU for the masses?

OK, so I got sleepy around 8 and decided to go to bed. Not very shockingly, I woke up around midnight and wasn't sure what to do about being awake. I know, for a math professor, I'm really not too sharp. BUT. I actually accomplished something worthwhile with my sleeplessness. You see, for over a year now, I've been trying to make copies of the SKU DVDs. I failed initially, because of some weird copy protection issue. And by weird, I don't mean that it's weird that there was copy protection, I do kind of know what I'm doing. The thing is, the first disk of the black rose saga uses a protection scheme that baffled everything I could throw at it, and I had some resources to employ. No luck, and I shelved the project, but... I recently installed the latest version of anyDVD, and it seems that even the tricky Utena DVDs submit to that. So it took me a while, but I still won in the end. I now have a complete set of functional .iso's for SKU, and can pretty easily make copies of the entire series, plus the movie. Oh, and I've got the musical around here too, that part's easy.

Now, SKU is out of print in this country I think, but that has no impact on the legal legitimacy of this. I know that making copies of these disks is unlawful, so try not to jump to any conclusions. But, hypothetically, if you would like a copy...let me know. Please don't PM me though, my mailbox is close to full and cleaning it is a hassle. Just post here or e-mail me or whatever if you want to talk about it.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

Board footer