This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-22-2006 05:34:59 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Re: [OOC]Marvel Superheroes RPG - let's get it started

Yo!

Angeliccreation! Can I join or what?  Or do you want me to send you my character concept first...?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#27 | Back to Top12-22-2006 06:26:23 AM

_ J _
Manly and Buxom = Manxome

I'm in

I will always be here to listen, the question is, whether or not you can hear...

Proptre Qua Dictum

#28 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:02:08 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

The concepts I've recieved:

ShatteredMirror (*snickers*)
Ragnarok (wins at life)
Frosty (needs summary but basicfally I know what the character is)
Imaginary Bad Bug (best weakness EVER)
Hyacinth_black (muy interesante)

Needed:

Yasha (hurry up bitch)
J (you too)

We have enough to play.  Does anyone else want to get in on the intial startup?  I can always add characters as the game goes, but I like to know what I have to work with before I create the inital plotline.  *peers*  Come on, Giovanna... you know you wanna play.  school-devil

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#29 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:21:32 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I do want to know one thing-- based on characters, is this more humorous, or more serious?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#30 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:24:36 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

This actually sounds rather fun, although the superhero-verse has never been one of my favourite genres. I just might be interested in joining, but before I make the decision, I'd like to know a bit more about the story's mood and background so that I can decide am I likely to dissapoint others by suddenly quitting halfway through, or not.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#31 | Back to Top12-22-2006 05:06:26 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Yeah, if it's more humorous, I want to redesign my character....I'll do it quickly, no worries! Also, can somebody give an example of what a real character description should look like? Do you just throw out the facts, age, name, powers, other stuff that you initially asked for Angelicreation? That's all it requires? Or, supposed to elaborate on some things?

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#32 | Back to Top12-22-2006 05:58:21 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Frosty wrote:

Yeah, if it's more humorous, I want to redesign my character....I'll do it quickly, no worries! Also, can somebody give an example of what a real character description should look like? Do you just throw out the facts, age, name, powers, other stuff that you initially asked for Angelicreation? That's all it requires? Or, supposed to elaborate on some things?

Mine are done in basic bio format... you know like this...

Name: Nostrabastard Murphy
Height: Taller than yur mum
Weight: With or without the heels?
Appearance: Cloudy with a chance of rainstorms
Personality: The human bicycle pump

THE NAME NOSTRABASTARD MURPHY IS COPYRIGHTED TO ME! I LOVES IT!!!!

#33 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:22:01 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Yasha wrote:

I do want to know one thing-- based on characters, is this more humorous, or more serious?

Both,a ctually, but if you force me to pick one, I'll go with the humorous.  Given the way most of the villains have been presented to me, the humor will be priceless.  I also have some more dramatic characters which I can see ending up in humorous situations.  I can work with either.  Just remember the rules of being an Evil Overlord.  school-devil

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#34 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:24:02 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm happy to go either way, though I'm not entirely sure how seriously I can take this guy.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#35 | Back to Top12-22-2006 11:45:48 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

All right! I'll pm later tonight or earlier tomorrow.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#36 | Back to Top12-23-2006 10:48:02 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I'm happy to go either way, though I'm not entirely sure how seriously I can take this guy.

Don't.  i love him the way he is.

#37 | Back to Top12-23-2006 09:59:41 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm glad you like him. I'm sure he'd despise you, which means you're wonderful. emot-biggrin

#38 | Back to Top12-25-2006 12:23:12 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

All right, my character is in. Yay me, only a day or two late instead of a week!

#39 | Back to Top12-25-2006 02:14:15 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Alright, my pretties, since I'm awake at 2am Christmas morning thanks to my horrible work day making it impossible to relax, I will impart upon you all how to do up your character stats.  We'll start with what the individual statistics are and what they mean.

Welcome to what we Marvel rpers like to call your FASERIP.  This is the anagram for your stats.

F – Fighting (ability to slug it out via hand-to-hand – martial arts, boxing, street fighting)
A – Agility (ability to hit things from a distance, accuracy, speed, flexibility)
S – Strength (self-explanatory – also amount of damage you do with an unarmed melee attack)
E – Endurance (ability to resist toxins, stuns, slam and general toughness)
R – Reasoning (book smarts)
I – Intuition (common sense, gut feelings, awareness)
P – Psyche (strength of mind, mental attacks, mental resilience)

Next we have your Health and your Karma.  Health is your hit points.  You reach 0 health and you start to die.  Death is not immediate, sometimes people can save you.  Karma is your luck, essentially.  You can spend Karma to insure you can do something really cool that you normally wouldn't be able to do.  It also can be used to save your butt when the odds are stacked against you.

Health is the sum of your FASE and Karma is the sum of you RIP. 

Now onto the actual character creation method.  We're using a point system to make it fir to everyone.  You all will have the same potential and this allows you to tailor your characters to your concepts.  Obviously a Manhattan diva is not going to be as strong as a professional weight lifter, but that diva might be able to dance like there's no tomorrow, thus giving her a higher agility than the weight lifter.

All stats are going to start at 6.  I give you this for free.  6 is the typical stat that normal everyday average people have.  Figure most of us have our stats at Typical 6.  So start out your character sheet like this:

F ty6
A ty6         
S ty6
E ty6
R ty6
I ty6
P ty6

Health 24
Karma 18

Looks pretty pathetic for super villains, right?  Because being evil is spanky and I want you to at least have a chance at world domination, I'm giving you 120 points to divide into those above stats however you feel like.  Keep in mind a few things before you go all point happy.  The maximum human stat is 20 in everything except Fighting and Reasoning.  Those two stats can reach a 30 for normal unaltered humans. Bruce Lee would have a Fighting of 30 and Albert Einstein would have a Reasoning of 30 to give you perspective.  Now, you aren't your normal humans.  You are super villains.  You are better than everyone else.  You get to have cool powers and nifty abilities.  So take your 120 points and create your characters.  Let me pull a sample character sheet out of my butt for you all.

Azriel

F 20
A 50
S 30
E 10
R 10
I  20
P 20

Health 110
Karma 50

Let's look at dear Azriel here.  Hmmm... seems he's decent with a sword, able to bounce around the rooftops like Spiderman with his Amazing Agility, can lift 1 ton easily with his Remarkable Strength, can take a couple punches but obviously never did any hard drugs, got an average college education, usually aware of his surroundings, and pretty good at shielding his mind from that pesky hero's attempt to read his thoughts.

So that's your creation method ina  nutshell.  Pretty easy, no? 

Bonus: I'm willing to give you each 10 more points to add to your characters.  Here's the catch: I need you each to write up a single sentence quote for your villain.  This quote will be shared with all the other players to get an idea as to the kind of personality your villain has without giving away the fun stuff. 

Your scenario for the quote: Your villain has just disarmed the hero, Sparkle Girl.  Gloat at her.

PM your character sheet to me with the subject as “Villain Stats – character's name”  This will make sorting my PMs easier.  Include the quote with the stats and put your extra 10 points in.  No quote, no extra 10 points, capice?  Quotes will be collected and posted for all to see once I have all the characters.

Have fun.

Last edited by angelicreation (12-25-2006 02:22:47 AM)

#40 | Back to Top12-25-2006 02:31:36 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Squee! I'm so happy! Just sent his stats off to you!

I'm sorry your work day was bad though.

#41 | Back to Top12-28-2006 07:00:04 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

tohubohu wrote:

Lady Chani wrote:

OMFG!!! YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL MARVEL SYSTEM?

http://www.heroplay.com/features/rules/marvel.php

Has PDFs of the original books as well as a separate file that's just the Universal Table.

I want to have your babies, I love you that much. etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

OMG *squees and fangirls*

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#42 | Back to Top12-29-2006 07:53:29 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Done done done....

#43 | Back to Top12-29-2006 08:10:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I too shall join the fray.  Perhaps we shall see each other across a battlefield soon. cool

#44 | Back to Top12-29-2006 11:02:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Across? Does this mean you're going to be a good guy?

#45 | Back to Top12-29-2006 11:06:18 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Across? Does this mean you're going to be a good guy?

Pfft.  Don't be ridiculous.  I plan to rule the world like everyone else.  But mark my words: in the end, there can be only one ruler.  emot-keke

#46 | Back to Top12-29-2006 11:44:49 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Well, that's a relief. Betrayal is completely appropriate.

#47 | Back to Top01-06-2007 12:54:56 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Meet Your Friendly Neighborhood Villain

Villain X has just defeated the latest hero, Sparkle Girl.  The last word of gloating belongs to Villain X.

Gore - “Bitch, do you really think that a little girl should try and do a man's job? “

Cross - "Sparkles, you're a mere ice cube bouncing around in the glass of the world, from which I drink!"

Grave N. Image - "Bow to me and acknowledge your better, I'd hate to ruin your outfit by staining it with blood."

Binary Fusion - "In this world there are only ones and zeros, and you my friend are a zero!"

The Judge - “A three out of ten effort at best, Sparkle Girl.  What would your master The Brilliant Sheen say, I wonder?”

Scorch - "I'm just glad I could get rid of you before you made a bigger faux pas than spandex!"

Zavulon Mironova - ...*chuckle*... I like watching people like you die... it's so... fun... *laughing louder, but then goes into a coughing fit*... ow... my lungs...

(player identities protected because it'd take the fun out to let you all know who was playing who just yet.)

Okay my pretties, I've sent you all what the specifics are on your villain's powers.  You have until your first in character post to argue with me about them.  Once you've posted, you're stuck with them.   I will be opening the rpg possibly late tomorrow night (depending on post-work status) with a scene.  Not all characters will be in this scene, so feel free to start your own scene if you wish after I have posted the initial bank robbery.  Please follow the format I will be using so we can keep track of the scenes.

If I post in bold letters, that's me, your god, speaking and the scene will freeze until certain things get ironed out.  Capice?

MINIONS!  Everyone gets minions!  Keep it reasonable people - like 5-10 max to start with.

Well... everyone except Scorch who only gets one minion.  Any other possible minions unreasonably wanted to be paid.  Or at least given dental. 

I must warn you all... I just finished watching Big Trouble in little Chinaschool-devil

Last edited by angelicreation (01-06-2007 12:57:18 AM)

#48 | Back to Top01-06-2007 11:45:10 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Work eat brain.  Brain must be tastey.  Want brain back.  Brother coming to visit tomorrow.  Maybe have brain back Monday.  Start Marvel Villains then.

#49 | Back to Top01-07-2007 12:42:34 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Sorry to hear about your brain. We'll wait until you have time to breathe.

#50 | Back to Top01-08-2007 07:09:24 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

angelicreation wrote:

Work eat brain.  Brain must be tastey.  Want brain back.  Brother coming to visit tomorrow.  Maybe have brain back Monday.  Start Marvel Villains then.

O___- Yesssssss masssster...

Board footer