This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-12-2007 08:44:31 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

I want caffiene.

I can't have it, though. One, it's after 5 PM in the evening, and second, I have to lay off of it as much as possible.

Just my luck -- my brother drinks effing Pepsi like it's *bleep*ing water, and I'm the one who develops tachycardia(rapid heart beat). WTF.

I just have to take it easy on the caffiene, that's all. I think.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#2 | Back to Top05-12-2007 09:02:58 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Re: I want caffiene.

Mmm... I know what you mean... try eating some coffee flavored candies.  The taste of coffee will trick your mind into thinking that it's getting caffeine.  At least that's what it does for me.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#3 | Back to Top05-12-2007 09:05:57 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

I've been caffeine free for quite a while now myself... it kept giving me headaches and making my ears ring (something I found out after a bit of research), so I decided to weed it out of my system.  Lo and behold, the headaches and ringing went away! emot-dance  I can't even remember the last caffeine I had.  However, I do miss my Mountain Dew Code Red and Barq's Root Beer.  It's been worth it overall, though.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (05-12-2007 09:07:22 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#4 | Back to Top05-12-2007 09:07:49 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Caffeine has a reverse effect on me. I used to drink a cup of tea before I went to school every morning, and it only made me more tired.

#5 | Back to Top05-13-2007 02:54:30 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Razara wrote:

Caffeine has a reverse effect on me. I used to drink a cup of tea before I went to school every morning, and it only made me more tired.

You need to let the tea simmer (is this the right word?) for a longer time. Otherwise you'll get relaxing effect, rather than refreshing. That's what's been told to me, at least and it seems to work.

Myself, I'm a Coke addict (less dangerous Coke:wink:). Bad for my teeth, but I hate sleeping too long.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#6 | Back to Top05-13-2007 04:33:12 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Lightice wrote:

Razara wrote:

You need to let the tea simmer (is this the right word?) for a longer time. Otherwise you'll get relaxing effect, rather than refreshing. That's what's been told to me, at least and it seems to work.

Myself, I'm a Coke addict (less dangerous Coke:wink:). Bad for my teeth, but I hate sleeping too long.

Did you know that even today, Coca-cola contains real coca?  I'm not kidding folks, coca-cola company runs a plant in New Jersey that imports the genuine coca leaves from South America and processes them into an extract.  Since 1904, they've been using "spent" leaves, whatever that means, but it probably means that there are still a few micrograms of cocaine in each can.  And it's totally legal! school-eng101

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#7 | Back to Top05-13-2007 07:57:53 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

When I have to wake up to be on classes at 8:00 I always take a moka on the little shop down here, it really wakes me up and tastes delicious they have this killer chocolate syrup, the problem is that sometimes they haven't oppened yet so I have to get one of Oxxo emot-gonk

Stormcrow wrote:

Did you know that even today, Coca-cola contains real coca?  I'm not kidding folks, coca-cola company runs a plant in New Jersey that imports the genuine coca leaves from South America and processes them into an extract.  Since 1904, they've been using "spent" leaves, whatever that means, but it probably means that there are still a few micrograms of cocaine in each can.  And it's totally legal! school-eng101

I thought they stoped to use coke leave material since long time ago. Also coke unprocessed doesn't do that harm,  have heard peple on Peru consumes coke leaves on tea and other products to cope with the height

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#8 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:25:52 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Romanticide wrote:

When I have to wake up to be on classes at 8:00 I always take a moka on the little shop down here, it really wakes me up and tastes delicious they have this killer chocolate syrup, the problem is that sometimes they haven't oppened yet so I have to get one of Oxxo emot-gonk

Stormcrow wrote:

I thought they stoped to use coke leave material since long time ago. Also coke unprocessed doesn't do that harm,  have heard peple on Peru consumes coke leaves on tea and other products to cope with the height

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_cola

And it's true that small amounts of cocaine are safe, just as with most drugs.  I just think it's funny that if you're a multi-billion dollar corporation you can import coca legally, but if you're a college student and get caught trying to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms, you can go away for over ten years. emot-confused

-Truck North

#9 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:32:42 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I drink tea and cold coffees from time to time, but that's really about it. I prefer fruit juices to most sodas, and the only sodas I drink are clear ones i.e., Ginger Soda (NOT Ginger Ale), Fresca, Diet Sprite (which is sad as there is practically nothing in regular Sprite), and sometimes 7up. Every once in a while I'll go crazy and get Cherry 7up, but that's about it.

I like Guava, Cranberry, Apple, Orange, Papaya and Mango juice. I used to be able to get a really good cactus juice, but sadly, no longer. emot-frown I try to buy organic, corn syrup juices make me want to vomit.

When I was in HS, though, I went through about 2 liters of Mt. Dew every day. It's pretty sickening when I look back on it.

I don't like Pepsi, Coke or Dr. Pepper, which is odd because they all use caramels as a flavoring agent, and I LOVE caramel.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#10 | Back to Top05-13-2007 08:56:39 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

morosemocha  wrote:

I don't like Pepsi, Coke or Dr. Pepper, which is odd because they all use caramels as a flavoring agent, and I LOVE caramel.

It's not that surprising really, some foods just don't taste right in a certain texture or combined with certain other foods or drinks.

For instance, for me:
Plup-free unsweeted Orange juice as a normal liquid = Yum emot-keke
Plup-free unsweeted Orange juice frothed up like they do at those Burst juice-bars = Yuk! emot-gonk

#11 | Back to Top05-13-2007 09:01:31 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I like orange soda.

Once I saw a Juri cosplayer drinking Orange Soda, and I'm so upset that my camera didn't take the picture correctly. (That's happened twice with Juri cosplayers.) It is my new goal in life to find a Juri cosplayer, give her an Orange Soda, and take a picture of her drinking it.

Wasn't Coke originally green?

#12 | Back to Top05-13-2007 09:07:25 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Razara wrote:

I like orange soda.

Once I saw a Juri cosplayer drinking Orange Soda, and I'm so upset that my camera didn't take the picture correctly. (That's happened twice with Juri cosplayers.) It is my new goal in life to find a Juri cosplayer, give her an Orange Soda, and take a picture of her drinking it.

Wasn't Coke originally green?

Green?  Well, it was medicinal, but I hadn't heard the green thing...either way, coke is ass-nasty.  Sorry guys, it's true.  And it has a pH of 2.5! emot-aaa

-Truck North

#13 | Back to Top05-13-2007 09:13:29 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Doesn't most soda have a low PH level?

#14 | Back to Top05-13-2007 10:27:54 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I heard if you put a nail in a cup of coca-cola and leave it there for four days, it will eventually dissolve in that time. emot-gonk

Coca-cola is too acidy for me. I don't drink soda much in general, but sometimes I'll have a root beer. But soda isn't that good for you, so I try not to drink it much. I usually drink milk or juice.

I don't drink any coffee at all, though. For some reason it tastes nasty to me, and I see too many people who are addicted to it and need it to be awake in the morning. But I am a huge chocolate and candy addict.. emot-frown

#15 | Back to Top05-13-2007 11:41:45 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I heard if you put a nail in a cup of coca-cola and leave it there for four days, it will eventually dissolve in that time. emot-gonk

Coca-cola is too acidy for me. I don't drink soda much in general, but sometimes I'll have a root beer. But soda isn't that good for you, so I try not to drink it much. I usually drink milk or juice.

I don't drink any coffee at all, though. For some reason it tastes nasty to me, and I see too many people who are addicted to it and need it to be awake in the morning. But I am a huge chocolate and candy addict.. emot-frown

Everything has its limits. It's not that I hate coffee, but if I drank beyond a certain amount, I'd start throwing up. It'd also have something to do with the amount of sugar that was added into that coffee. i don't bother to keep exact counts because my life has too many factors for me to even care about how many spoons of sugar is in a cup of coffee from Starbucks...
The same goes for chocolate and such.
Mm... what I DON'T understand is, why is it that even when I already drank coffee or other caffeine drinks, I can still go to bed an hour later? emot-confused

#16 | Back to Top05-14-2007 05:19:21 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Hiraku wrote:

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Everything has its limits. It's not that I hate coffee, but if I drank beyond a certain amount, I'd start throwing up. It'd also have something to do with the amount of sugar that was added into that coffee. i don't bother to keep exact counts because my life has too many factors for me to even care about how many spoons of sugar is in a cup of coffee from Starbucks...
The same goes for chocolate and such.
Mm... what I DON'T understand is, why is it that even when I already drank coffee or other caffeine drinks, I can still go to bed an hour later? emot-confused

My dad's the same way.  He's like that old soldier you hear about, he can drink two cups of coffee, wait an hour, then go to sleep at the count of ten. emot-mad

I'm with Hiraku, I can't stand coffee either.  It may be because my parents brewed so much of it growing up.  Coffee grounds are what I expect garbage to smell like, and you want to drink that? emot-gonk

-Truck North

#17 | Back to Top05-14-2007 04:57:06 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

See, I love the smell of brewing coffee because it's what I associate with my mother -she cannot survive without the stuff. Coffee makes me feel happy, esp 'cause when I was little my mom wasn't always around so when she was, she'd have coffee and read the funny pages together.

I love the scent and taste of coffee, but I absolutly do not drink it hot. I only drink it iced with soymilk and a little sugar -same for tea (except I don't drink ICED TEA. Important distinction there). But part of that is just that I don't really care for many hot liquids -I'm honestly not a huge fan of soup, either. emot-frown

#18 | Back to Top05-14-2007 04:58:41 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Mocha, I'm kind of the same, except I can't drink coffee at all. It upsets my stomach and I don't like how it tastes. But I love the scent of it. etc-love And I also adore coffee shops. The atmosphere is just wonderful. (But I don't like Starbucks..)

#19 | Back to Top05-14-2007 05:03:45 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I've never really understood how people can drink coffee. Maybe it's like grapefruit juice. The first time I drank some I thought, "This tastes pretty bad." But then the next time I was given a choice between my favorite drink (Strawberry Kiwi) and grapefruit juice, I chose the grapefruit juice. It's bitter, but it's somehow good, I guess.

Everyone in my family drinks tea. We even had a hot water dispenser installed so that we don't have to boil the tea. The water comes out at the perfect temperature every time. The only problem is when my friends think that it's a soap dispenser. emot-gonk

#20 | Back to Top05-14-2007 05:13:16 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I'm still bitter and twisted because since moving to the UK I can't get this anymore:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/dollwithnoheart/DSC04140.jpg

Given this was a standard week's supply...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/dollwithnoheart/DSC00548.jpg

...you can see why I'd miss it. emot-gonk It's the only thing with caffeine in it that I will habitually drink, though, so I went through a nice detox period where I got jittery at work and drank lots of water. Which was probably not so good as I am a pharmacist and was in a new job, although I think they excused my rapid-fire incoherent speech on my crazy-ass accent. Heh. school-devil I did go to the cutest tea-house in York today, though, so there is always that. Although I don't think I will ever get used to being asked five times a day if I want a cup of tea when I'll drink it maybe once a month under my own power. emot-keke

Last edited by Clarice (05-14-2007 05:20:47 PM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#21 | Back to Top05-14-2007 05:56:31 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I am so tired right now, I want to die. Damn staying up late and getting up early. I just got myself a Rockstar, though, so I think I'll make it through work today.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#22 | Back to Top05-14-2007 06:11:40 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Man...those energy drinks are putrid.

Sorry, but they are. I've had Rockstar, and I didn't care for that. I've had Redbull and Vodka, and I felt bad for the Vodka. It was pretty abysmal.

Plus I can't imagine that they're at all healthy for you.

#23 | Back to Top05-14-2007 06:33:09 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

morosemocha wrote:

Man...those energy drinks are putrid.

Sorry, but they are. I've had Rockstar, and I didn't care for that. I've had Redbull and Vodka, and I felt bad for the Vodka. It was pretty abysmal.

Plus I can't imagine that they're at all healthy for you.

Hee, I find it funny that I got as addicted to Lift Plus as I did, as generally speaking I can't stand energy drinks either -- which is why since moving here I haven't drunk anything of the sort. Red Bull is bleah, V is just disgusting, and although Sprite 3G is...drinkable...I drank Lift Plus for the really odd taste it has. I just love it. Although one must bear in mind that I also like both Vegemite and Marmite, so my sense of taste is somewhat unreliable at the best of times. emot-wink

They're not good for you, incidentally, but then nothing is. I mean, the sugar isn't good for your glugagon/insulin levels, the caffeine screws with your ADH and various tensins (affecting kidney function and blood pressure) and although your body theoretically filters straight through any B vitamins it doesn't want we don't know anything for sure. But then, like I said, nothing is one hundred percent good for you. Hell, you can even do yourself in by drinking too much water, and I don't mean that in the sticking-your-head-in-a-bucket sense. You don't even need to OD on Ecstasy to drown by drinking water...everything should be in moderation. It just ends up being less fun that way...

And despite all the rumours about the aspartame in Lift Plus causing cancer, the first thing I do when I get back to New Zealand is down a can of the stuff. I mean, even if you didn't get exposed to any environmental carcinogens your natural DNA-spell-check is going to screw up on its own anyway one day and you could get cancer from the wrong base-pair that way. I just go by that exchange from Family Guy:

Brian: ...look at all those stars...
Stewie: You know, I've heard that starlight gives you cancer.
Brian: [silence]
Stewie: ...but then again, what doesn't these days?

The human body's an amazing thing, sure, but it wasn't built for durability, that's for sure. emot-gonk

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#24 | Back to Top05-14-2007 08:42:40 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Curiously enough, while people do die on occasion from ODing on water, there have been no recorded cases of death due to marijuana.  Experts consider it impossible.  SAFER THAN WATER!  school-devilemot-tongue

-Truck North

#25 | Back to Top05-14-2007 11:27:02 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Curiously enough, while people do die on occasion from ODing on water, there have been no recorded cases of death due to marijuana.  Experts consider it impossible.  SAFER THAN WATER!  school-devilemot-tongue

I heard that water can become considered as "toxic" when drinking them at night.

Board footer