This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top11-13-2007 02:56:02 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Re: Gaiaonline

emot-frown

Edit: Actually, I feel as though I should defend myself. RuneScape is actually really fun if you turn off Public Chat, ignore the mind-numbingly stupid people, and subscribe to be a member for only five dollars a month. As for Gaia, it wasn't always filled with idiots, and the admins weren't always whores.

Last edited by Razara (11-13-2007 02:58:14 PM)

#77 | Back to Top11-13-2007 03:12:59 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Dyepez wrote:

Um... maybe... but if you save the $5 a month fee, and used the time you spend playing Runescape in working at somewhere, you'd be almost rich... sort of... ok... maybe not...

Well, I suppose that I could, but I don't think that I really regret the time I've spent playing RuneScape. Some of the quests on that game are really awesome and have great plots. The Gods that they have in that game are very interesting, and even the use of cats is great. I don't think that you can really bash RuneScape unless you've played it long enough to get out of Lumbridge, especially if you don't even know what or where Lumbridge is.. (It's place where you start out, which more than likely has a bunch of people gathered around asking for sex and boyfriends. You stop seeing these people once you subscribe as a member.)

#78 | Back to Top11-13-2007 03:30:39 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Well, I love RuneScape, but I'm rather ashamed of it. The less than average intelligence level of the majority of the users tends to be responsible for that dirty feeling I get whenever I play it.

#79 | Back to Top11-13-2007 03:34:22 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Razara wrote:

(It's place where you start out, which more than likely has a bunch of people gathered around asking for sex and boyfriends. You stop seeing these people once you subscribe as a member.)

They have a subscription which eliminates those people? Do they offer this service for the rest of the internet? poptart

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#80 | Back to Top11-13-2007 03:52:33 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Ragnarok wrote:

Razara wrote:

(It's place where you start out, which more than likely has a bunch of people gathered around asking for sex and boyfriends. You stop seeing these people once you subscribe as a member.)

They have a subscription which eliminates those people? Do they offer this service for the rest of the internet? poptart

It would be very nice if they did. etc-love

#81 | Back to Top11-14-2007 04:38:42 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Dyepez wrote:

Ever played Furacadia?

Nope. Is it any good?

#82 | Back to Top11-14-2007 06:14:25 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Dyepez wrote:

Um... maybe... but if you save the $5 a month fee, and used the time you spend playing Runescape in working at somewhere, you'd be almost rich... sort of... ok... maybe not... Either way, I'd rather play online Diablo 1 than Runescape...

I don't think anyone appreciates the condescending tone in your posts.  I used to play Runescape, I was even a member, because I thought it was fun, and I would never apologize for it to someone who turned up their nose at every little game in existence.

I had a toon on Gaia, and I made her look like Anthy.  I loved walking around in the chat rooms, a few people would recognize me as Anthy.  It was great.

"Hey!  Anthy-chan!"
"HEEEEEY."

#83 | Back to Top11-14-2007 06:24:00 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Alexandra wrote:

I don't think anyone appreciates the condescending tone in your posts.  I used to play Runescape, I was even a member, because I thought it was fun, and I would never apologize for it to someone who turned up their nose at every little game in existence.

etc-lovepoptart

#84 | Back to Top11-14-2007 06:53:30 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Dyepez wrote:

Alexandra wrote:

I would never apologize for it to someone who turned up their nose at every little game in existence.

Neither I would apologize for thinking and saying (writing) that I think Gaia and Runescape are bad games...

It's not that you're not entitled to your opinion, but you're expressing it in a way that's not very nice to Razara.  Using a rolly eyes emoticon after suggesting Runescape might be cool, quoting her twice and responding with a 4chan meme.  Do you know where you are?

#85 | Back to Top11-14-2007 06:57:06 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Dyepez wrote:

Neither I would apologize for thinking and saying (writing) that I think Gaia and Runescape are bad games... and I don't turn my nose at every game in existence, because:

1) I haven't played every little game in existence (lol); and
2) There are a lot of commercial and freeware games that really good...
3) I don't have a nose... LOL WUT... lol

While it's okay for you to express your opinion on not liking those games, what bothers me is that by saying things like, "I could spend my money and time better by doing something other than playing RuneScape," it kind of makes me feel as though I'm being insulted as well.

#86 | Back to Top11-14-2007 07:11:21 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

It's okay, I guess.  I just don't like seeing my friends being judged when they shouldn't be, especially here, and that's what it seemed like you were doing.

And google it.

#87 | Back to Top11-14-2007 07:21:24 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Dyepez wrote:

Um... the thread was about a game... therefore I can attack the game as much as I want, right? (no...)

I wasn't judging Razara... I was judging Runescape.

Fine.  Then attack it at no one else's expense.

#88 | Back to Top11-14-2007 07:39:32 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Alexandra, thank you very much for standing up for me. It really does mean a lot to me. etc-love

#89 | Back to Top11-14-2007 08:33:02 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hey, guys...please make a Runescape thread if you're gonna talk about Runescape. This is a Gaia Online thread. Please don't derail it, thanks and have a good day. emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#90 | Back to Top11-14-2007 08:36:30 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

BioKraze wrote:

Hey, guys...please make a Runescape thread if you're gonna talk about Runescape. This is a Gaia Online thread. Please don't derail it, thanks and have a good day. emot-keke

So, do you have anything to add about Gaia Online?

#91 | Back to Top11-14-2007 08:38:36 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Yeah. The Cash Shop is interesting if you have money to burn. I made a new avatar with one of the items from this new shop. I should post it sometime.

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#92 | Back to Top11-15-2007 10:29:31 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Sorry, Bio.

BioKraze wrote:

Yeah. The Cash Shop is interesting if you have money to burn. I made a new avatar with one of the items from this new shop. I should post it sometime.

It just proves that the admins are whores.

#93 | Back to Top11-15-2007 07:48:26 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Of course the admins are whores! Did you expect different from them, Razara?

#94 | Back to Top11-16-2007 09:13:53 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

BioKraze wrote:

Of course the admins are whores! Did you expect different from them, Razara?

I used to think that they were better than that. emot-frown

I just found a "Magical Brown Giftbox." This made me very happy, since even when I frequented Gaia, I almost never got random events. But of course, I opened it, and it was a brown grass skirt... emot-gonk I always get brown grass skirts whenever I get random events! I gotten about five of them now, and they're so useless that you can't even sell them to the shop for gold.

#95 | Back to Top11-25-2007 11:35:11 AM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=10497913

I know, I know.

I am game for that Spartan set, by the by.

#96 | Back to Top11-25-2007 11:59:23 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

By the way, for Christmas this year, Kealdrea sold a million gold worth of items and bought 25 pairs of fairy wings, (which cost 40,000 gold each. They're the most expensive common item, or at least they used to be.) She's going to give away the fairy wings to any Gaians that are nice, or to anyone questing for them. She also has almost 100 pairs of peasant boots to give away to mean Gaians. She's really excited about this because she loves giving gifts.

#97 | Back to Top11-26-2007 03:58:13 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I'd jump all over that like Wakaba on Utena, but I don't feel like being greedy. emot-redface

#98 | Back to Top11-26-2007 05:10:46 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'll be sure to point her in your direction if she can't find enough people. I want to give presents on Gaia too this year, but not to people I don't know. I used to give away free gold on RuneScape around Christmas, but of them just walked away without saying thank you... It may sound greedy of me, but this is why I only give presents to people I know on the internet.

#99 | Back to Top11-26-2007 05:48:54 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I don't think that sounds greedy, Razara - being on the internet isn't a free pass for terrible manners. If I was in your place, I would've done the same thing.

I have an account on Gaia, but I haven't actually done much posting. A couple of my friends wanted to start a private Roleplay using the Gaia forums, but all of the terrible grammar and bratty 12 year olds really turns me off the whole concept. I really think, were I to go into a forum and speak badly of Naruto, I would be virtually stoned to death.emot-rolleyes

#100 | Back to Top11-26-2007 06:47:53 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

That's why I'm planning a hidden guild, the contents of which are still up in the air. A few people I know from the Halloween event have prepackaged invites to this guild, while I'll consider you guys as potential candidates too. emot-keke

Board footer