This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top09-30-2011 07:30:42 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Re: Random things you just love!

When it's cold enough that you can smell it -that clean, invigorating scent that makes you nostalgic for something you can't put your finger on- but not so cold that you have to wear a heavy jacket or sweater.

#27 | Back to Top09-30-2011 10:15:02 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

The smell of hot, wet concrete right after a rain on an especially humid day.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#28 | Back to Top10-01-2011 06:52:15 AM

wblstudios
Banned

A really good, suspenseful season finale that answers a lot of questions, but also asks some.

Anyone here see Haven last night?

#29 | Back to Top10-14-2011 04:27:54 PM

hayama
Ruthless Deflorist

This is the thread for me.

I love the crunchy sound that snow makes when you step on it. I love oversized hoodies and flannel. I love the way my body feels so happy after a nice run. I love the way a cute boy looks when his head is ducked down and he's looking up at you. I love love when it's at its most honest and quiet, without theatrics or expectation of anything more than being together. I love being underneath a boy when we're making out, it makes me feel safe and I just pretend I don't exist for a little while. I love smoking a bowl alone. I love smoking a bowl alone and then watching Australia's Next Top Model. I love Woody Allen movies. I love Ginger Ale. I love being stuck in the house in the middle of a hurricane. I love being outside in the middle of a hurricane. I love not being able to walk after smoking a cigarette. I love Enka music.

This thread reminds me of this video of Cassie from Skins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-opi8Unz3Y

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.

#30 | Back to Top10-21-2011 03:01:18 PM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I love this feeling when you discover a new song, new taste, new artist or a beautiful place.
I love the moment when you start your journey and you excited to meet someone close to you.
I know when I know someone that well so I'm so so relaxed just being with them.
I love to share my delights with my boyfriend.
I love to eat my favourite food, cooking with my boyfriend, laughing and talking n a kitchen.
I love to compose theme tracklist so they fit perfectly to my mood, the weather, the thoughts I focus on lately.
I love to ask random friends about the same thing to amaze myself how original way of thinkng they all have.
I love the moment when you find that connection with someone, you feel that you may be understand each other.

#31 | Back to Top10-21-2011 09:02:47 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Warm milk with almond extract, honey and cinnamon on a cold night.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#32 | Back to Top10-21-2011 09:28:16 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Getting home from a day's work, and having every bone and muscle sink into the bed, because your body knows it can rest now, and even though that means it feels free to hurt, it's a good pain you know you'll get hours to sleep off.

#33 | Back to Top10-22-2011 10:58:01 AM

wblstudios
Banned

Someone you hate and despise being out of the country for a week.

#34 | Back to Top10-23-2011 12:08:52 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Stephen on the forums making a hilarious reply post to a spammer that I deleted on accident flushing out the spam. emot-frown I'm trying to keep it from clogging the forum, so I delete the threads but sometimes you guys beat me to the lulz. emot-biggrin

sriman2011THELAMESPAMMER wrote:

Washington Missouri Computer Repair
Hello,
Our organization providing pc services, and laptop services such as computer repair, pc service, pc repair.Our computer technicians specialize in computer repair and we have been involved in computer repair and pc service.We accommodate computer repair and pc services for the home, and office environments & We operate our company with strong values of honesty, integrity, and reliability.
Washington Missouri Computer Repair

Stephen wrote:

1/10, do not recommend. I had a problem with my laptop, where it kept making these odd engine-like noises? Well, I didn't notice them at first, but my friend did:

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/10816-1/Series_ep26_116.jpg

So I called these guys up. They sent around a technician the next day:

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/17094-1/Series_ep39_298.jpg

He was very nice and very knowledgeable, told me he would fix it within a few hours. So anyway, I left him to it, safe in the knowledge I had a professional taking care of it. As it was, my sister was in the house, so if he needed anything, she could provide it. I introduced the two, and popped out to the shops:

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/17088-1/Series_ep39_295.jpg

Had a nice go around the shops. Finding a parking spot at mid-day was as always, a nightmare, ugh. Anyway, picked up the milk I wanted and a few flowers, and .... well. What I came back to, was just ....

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/13284-1/Series_ep31_229.jpg

I filed a complaint immediately of course! My sister was clearly drugged by this wolf in sheep's clothing, jabbering on about some prince and being engaged while I tried to get her decent and dressed again. Your organisation did nothing, simply passing it off as a part of the service. Part of the service indeed. Now my laptop doesn't make engine-like noises, it just does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yV5NjhXMxY

I mean, what .... just what ....  Why if I just had a sword, I'd show that stupid technician not to mess with my sister ....

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#35 | Back to Top10-28-2011 03:36:37 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

mercurynin wrote:

Eating something with multiple ingredients (such as a salad) and getting a bit of everything in one bite. school-chef

THIS. A technique essential for both salads and cakes.

Also, arranging sleepovers with the people you already live with emot-dance.

#36 | Back to Top11-07-2011 09:28:17 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Tonight I was stargazing a little in the spa, looking for Pollux in the sky, and my eyes tripped over the Pleiades.

That just doesn't happen.  The Pleiades are so faint.  In bad light, you don't normally spot them unless you're looking for them.  But there they were, bold and beautiful as brass.  I could only distinctly make out seven -- on really good nights you can see nine, maybe ten -- but I was in an apartment complex hot tub with various lights on around me, and a moon getting on towards full.  I have no explanation for why the Pleiades were so flashy tonight, but it left me feeling comfortable and peaceful.  etc-love

#37 | Back to Top11-09-2011 07:45:08 AM

wblstudios
Banned

I love a good piano cover.

#38 | Back to Top11-09-2011 05:53:25 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Unwrapping a Reese's peanut butter cup and with the bottom fully intact.

#39 | Back to Top11-10-2011 02:47:18 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

A faint aroma of a particular flower, which I don't even know and which grows in just two places in my town (somewhere in the gardens). It can be felt only at the evening, and only in autumn. This smell comforts me, it's really alluring. Also whenever I can smell it, I think for some reason of my youth and an old song of Nightwish - "Dead Gardens".

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#40 | Back to Top11-12-2011 11:11:05 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

Listening to music in new, good earphones after having bad quality ones/no earphones for a while.

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#41 | Back to Top12-04-2011 08:40:22 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

When it's cold enough that you can smell it -that clean, invigorating scent that makes you nostalgic for something you can't put your finger on- but not so cold that you have to wear a heavy jacket or sweater.

Seconded!

The satisfaction of having met enough of your various life obligations to relax.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#42 | Back to Top12-04-2011 03:34:52 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Coming home for the day and seeing one of those massive luxury cruise liners at berth just fifteen minutes walk away. I wouldn't be caught dead on one but it's fantastic to look at. They're huuuuuuge.

#43 | Back to Top12-07-2011 06:07:52 AM

wblstudios
Banned

The fact that I know that Christmas is gonna suck, but some other people I know are gonna have a crappy Christmas as well, so at least we can talk about that.

#44 | Back to Top12-07-2011 08:40:06 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

Quirked out coffee mugs and toy guns.

#45 | Back to Top12-07-2011 01:59:56 PM

Orikan
Touga Topper

^ Hooray for toy guns! Just got one of the new NERF guns. Gun of the year all years!

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands."

#46 | Back to Top12-07-2011 09:42:46 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

^ Foam Weaponry in general. etc-love Best $2 I ever spent was on a neon orange flail that seems to be part jump-rope.

You'll never know how many uses you have for a flail in your life until you have some brightly colored, foam monstrosity to fill the gap.emot-biggrin

#47 | Back to Top12-09-2011 07:20:00 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

I love walking around downtown with some friends and a paper cup filled with cold Powerade on an overcast day.  Also love black coffee in a styrofoam cup.  No real reason.  And I love overcast days in general.

#48 | Back to Top10-26-2012 08:29:53 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

http://www.racialicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Bruce-Lee-Is-No-Joke.jpg

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#49 | Back to Top11-16-2012 08:57:15 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Going to the zoo.

Stacking small things, like toy cars or dominoes.

Wind chimes, their sound, designs, materials they're made of.

Recognizing voice actors in other animes.

Seeing a show/movie/book that I haven't seen in a while.

Making an especially good sandwhich for myself.

Oh treachery!

#50 | Back to Top12-22-2013 02:38:09 PM

Cheerie132
Wakaba Wrangler

The smell of gasoline.
The smell of old/new books.
The smell of the air right after rain.
Seeing people smile.
Xena.
Renee O'Connor's voice. Pure bliss.
Well written fanfiction.
Being happy for no reason.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust -

Board footer