This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-03-2017 05:35:36 PM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

Tracklists and lyrics for productions that inspired duel songs found!!

I was looking up some phrases in the Apocalypse CD to see if Seazer made them up or got them from somewhere else, and I found something amazing. This Japanese site has so much information I've been looking for forever. The links at http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Ko … aseba.html lead to tracklists for Seazer productions made in the early '90s--including ones like Darwin, Kaspar Hauser, and Lightbulb Type Ammonite that produced duel songs--and lyrics for some of these songs, even, that I've never been able to find on the Internet before. It's amazing. In fact, at at the page Jyutaism (speculated to come from å —èƒŽ or jutai, conception, but it's not clear), which apparently Ikuhara was involved in, it has the lyrics to Absolute Destiny Apocalypse with the extra verse--that is huge.
This is so exciting!!!

#2 | Back to Top04-15-2017 06:16:59 AM

RoseandRelease
Juri Jeerer
Website

Re: Tracklists and lyrics for productions that inspired duel songs found!!

I'm not sure if anyone has come accross this before, but you can actually listen to the whole of Lightbulb Type Ammonite here >> http://www.xiami.com/album/315664 All the songs are untitled and most of them are instrumental, but Spira Mirabilis Theatre is track 7 and Paleozoic Within the Body is track 9. The website seems to say that you can't download it without their app, but it's still really cool to hear, especially as we now have the lyrics!
I'm not even sure if there were even recordings of most of the other plays? I saw a casette of Kasper Hauser on a couple of Japanese auction sites, but the only track I've ever heard from it is ZUM.

#3 | Back to Top04-15-2017 08:00:32 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

The old trick with Xiami is that most of the tracks are just embedded mp3s. If you can access the code of the page, you can rip the mp3s directly.

Of course, this is called piracy and... I'm just saying you can.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#4 | Back to Top04-15-2017 11:51:25 AM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

Wow NICE!
I don't normally pirate Seazer music but I've only ever seen this cassette tape on Japanese auction sites with a starting price of 20,000 yen which is about 200 USD... money that wouldn't be going to Banyu Inryoku anyway... so I don't really have any qualms in this case.  ...Except that I don't know how.
Oh hey it actually lets you play the whole thing without downloading! Nice, ideal.
I think whoever made these lyrics pages must have had access to cassette tapes or something to transcribe them? But I don't know. Maybe there are lyrics included with Seazer's autobiography or something. Would like to buy that, but I'm definitely not ready for an entire Seazer book in Japanese at this point.
There are some Kaspar Hauser tracks on the Apocalypse CD, and the songs are all sorted by which play they came from, v. conveniently. There are probably other Seazer CDs that are like that, but... who knows... it was hard enough confirming this CD had a lyrics booklet before ordering it.
Since I have access to some of that information I can probably help figure out which of these tracks (Lightbulb Type Ammonite) are what... Well actually anyone could based on the site I linked to...

#5 | Back to Top04-15-2017 02:07:39 PM

RoseandRelease
Juri Jeerer
Website

Yeah I was wondering how they got hold of the lyrics? They seem to be so complete, but there really don't seem to be any published albums of the vast majorrity of those productions. There is a section on the same site that has the lyrics pages which seems to be a sort of diary of all the Seazer or Banyu Inryoku stuff they've bought/heard about/seen, so there could be something about where they found them on there? >> http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Ko … okuji.html There's about 3 years worth of it though, and I don't know if I can be bothered to look through the whole thing with google translate.

Board footer