This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top09-01-2010 11:40:37 AM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

Re: OMG~Utena, the Abridged Series!!!

So...potentially hilarious Juri episode didn't make the cut, but the curry episode--the freaking curry episode!--is a-okay? Whatever, that can be overlooked.

But Saionji's voice? ...Don't do crystal meth, kids. Especially not when also exposed to helium.

Gotta give Naji serious worship here; hers didn't make me feel so...intensely irritated.

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#27 | Back to Top09-01-2010 05:45:09 PM

AnimentalCosplayer
Mikage Mistruster
Website

I've always loved Whip's Utena series! I found it a little after I started watching Utena. I can do the Saionji voice perfectly! lol
The new episode...isn't quite up to par with the rest of their series but I'm hoping it'll pick back up soon

<3AnimentalCosplayer<3

~*~ Youtube: youtube.com/animentalcosplayer ~*~
~*~ dA: animentalcosplayer.deviantart.com ~*~

#28 | Back to Top09-01-2010 06:29:45 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I kinda stopped watching after the first joke-steal, to be honest.

#29 | Back to Top09-01-2010 06:51:36 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I'm rather sad that WhipOfAlchemey skipped episode 7. There a lot of possible jokes in that episode and, by skipping it, there's no set up for good jokes in episodes 17, 28, and 29. There were a few good jokes in some of the other episodes ("It's supposed to be deep. EVERYTHING IS DEEP.") but I only really watch it for KaiserNeko. Still, nothing can ever beat Naji's crack dub.

Though do you know (do you know, do you know the answer?) that someone attempted to do another Utena abridged?  You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWgt0E4ynhk. I really can't say anything good about it.

#30 | Back to Top09-01-2010 08:54:46 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Malacoda wrote:

I'm rather sad that WhipOfAlchemey skipped episode 7. There a lot of possible jokes in that episode and, by skipping it, there's no set up for good jokes in episodes 17, 28, and 29. There were a few good jokes in some of the other episodes ("It's supposed to be deep. EVERYTHING IS DEEP.") but I only really watch it for KaiserNeko. Still, nothing can ever beat Naji's crack dub.

This... I started watching it when it started, even after having watched a couple of other abridged series.

Malacoda wrote:

Though do you know (do you know, do you know the answer?) that someone attempted to do another Utena abridged?  You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWgt0E4ynhk. I really can't say anything good about it.

wow, never seen this one, but admittedly I did find some of it pretty funny tonight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#31 | Back to Top09-01-2010 09:03:06 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Maybe my sense of what's funny is different from popular opinion, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I honestly think Whip0fAlchemy's abridged series is better than NajiMinkin's.

Last edited by RhythmFusion (09-17-2010 07:24:26 PM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#32 | Back to Top09-01-2010 09:12:39 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

RhythmFusion wrote:

Maybe my sense of what's funny is different from popular opinion, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I honestly think Whip0fAlchemy's abridged series is better than NajiMinkin's.

There is no reason this should offend anyone. People have different tastes and you should be free to express yours.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#33 | Back to Top09-22-2010 12:23:33 AM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

It is kinda funny, but not quite as funny as Yugioh abridged is. Yugioh is easier to make fun of because it had such a horrible dub and it's about card games. Utena is a more serious anime, so it is a bit harder to do a parody of it. Overall, I like this series, but I was so disappointed when they skipped Juri's episode. How dare they?! Juri is so awesome. And badass. And hot. Yeah, you get the idea.

Someone mentioned something called Naji's dubs, which I haven't heard off. If anyone has a link and wants to post it, that's great.

#34 | Back to Top09-22-2010 09:09:00 AM

lieutenant tangerine
Miki Molester

CausalityStar wrote:

Someone mentioned something called Naji's dubs, which I haven't heard off. If anyone has a link and wants to post it, that's great.

www.dailymotion.com/najiminkin

GET THEE TO THIS LINK.

Touga in Episode 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I WISH YOU WERE A PONY CAROUSEL OUTSIDE A WAL-MART SO I COULD RIDE YOU ALL DAY FOR A QUARTER.

Warning : Plenty of jokes that are really offensive, but I'm sorry, it's Utena, and Najiminkin is hilarious, so yeah.

Last edited by lieutenant tangerine (09-22-2010 09:09:27 AM)

#35 | Back to Top09-22-2010 06:09:02 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

lieutenant tangerine wrote:

CausalityStar wrote:

www.dailymotion.com/najiminkin

GET THEE TO THIS LINK.

Touga in Episode 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I WISH YOU WERE A PONY CAROUSEL OUTSIDE A WAL-MART SO I COULD RIDE YOU ALL DAY FOR A QUARTER.

Warning : Plenty of jokes that are really offensive, but I'm sorry, it's Utena, and Najiminkin is hilarious, so yeah.

Naji is actually a long standing member here, and we love her so.  She has natural penchant for being funny, clever  and poignant no matter how mundane the topic. She's insanely sweet and friendly too, so you should feel free to chat her up.  She's been having a lot of trouble continuing her dubs and they are currently on hiatus, though partly because computer problems and real life problems set her back a bit, and partly because it's rather a motivation killer when someone else decides to step in and start a new abridged series, steal a couple of her jokes, and then get a bunch a views despite their lackluster writing, acting and editing simply because their series has a lot of big names in it.

Board footer