This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-25-2012 10:40:09 PM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

I want to make an android game and I really need ideas.

All I have are basic concepts.

You are a 14 year old Korean-American who's already graduated from Stanford. Your youth prevents you from entering the workforce, so your parents have sent you to one of their homes in a small Midwestern town to work as a math tutor for the local school.

There are 3 girls you can romance in this game.

Girl 1 is the 17 year old student council president. Her father owns the company that used to provide jobs for this town, but he shipped operations to Vietnam. She's heavily involved with what passes for liberal politics in the public school setting, and she basically rules the place. Very bossy. The main character suspects that she's only involved in these "human interest" issues because she thinks drama gives her an opportunity to stake a claim.

Girl 2 lives in an abandoned mansion outside of town in an area of the forest that's perpetually shrouded in mist. Her unblinking, perpetually forward-facing stare gives her the appearance of blindness, but she's very perceptive. Her family owned the land that the town is now on, which would make her old money if her family were still alive. Very kind and gentle and even maternal towards the protagonist, she makes a habit of killing people who threaten her solitude, kind of like the Blair Witch.

Girl 3 is a platinum blonde female ex-Soviet scientist named Irina. She looks 23, but that's because she took an anti-aging serum back in the early 1980's. She has old Russian supercomputers running learning algorithms that are unknown to the 21st century world. Has complex views on politics.

The big MacGuffin will come in midway through the game in the form of a large tetrahedron of alien origin. A Mark Zuckerberg expy named Stark Fuckerberg will amass a mercenary army to try to steal it at the end, which makes him the final boss. If you beat him, you can kill him, let him go in return for lots of money, or "feed" him to the tetrahedron if you decode the inscriptions on the side which state that the monolith requires a living sacrifice for its power to be unlocked.

The school itself will have side-scrolling beat-em-up style gameplay, and the last boss fight will be like a 2d fighting game. I really don't know how the rest of the game will play out, or even what the main plot will be like.

Thoughts?

Board footer