This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-04-2007 08:55:59 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

~ I Wonder, I Wonder! ~

I Wonder, I Wonder! is a cooperative/competitive Utena RP that takes just a few minutes to play.

How do I play?  It’s easy!  Just privately PM me the name of an Utena character.  Then post to the thread, answering the interview questions below as your character would.  Once we have enough entrants, I’ll announce that it’s time for you to send me your guesses about which posters are role-playing which characters.

Who wins?  Participants get one point for every poster whose identity they guess right, and another point for every poster who correctly guesses their identity.  For instance, if I correctly guess who two people are playing, and three correctly guess who I’m playing, I get five points.  Whoever gets the most points wins.

What can I post?  In addition to your answers to the interview questions, if you like, you can post your speculation on which posters are playing which characters.  These posts don’t have to be in character. 

What can’t I post?  Please don’t post to say “right” or “wrong” to someone who’s guessed at your identity!  Also, your answers to the interview questions shouldn’t contain “dead giveaways” about your character’s identity.  No sneaking in references to your hair color, for instance, or insinuating that you’re on the fencing team.  This is about role-playing, not series trivia.

Doesn’t that leave a lot of gray area?  Yes, it does.  Use your best judgment. 

Remember, this is just for fun!

And the interview questions are…

What’s your favorite month of the year?  Why?

What’s your dream job?

Are you religious?  Do you have a philosophy that you live by?

Good luck!  emot-keke

#2 | Back to Top10-05-2007 04:10:01 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: ~ I Wonder, I Wonder! ~

Oh, this sounds fun. emot-wink

satyreyes wrote:

May. It's the loveliest time to be outdoors--the flowers in bloom, life all around you, with the dead heat of summer not quite at your doorstep yet.

satyreyes wrote:

What’s your dream job?

Well that's not something I consider much, but I would favor anything that allowed me to rely to some extent on social maneuvering instead of hard work. Really, why do all the work when you can pawn most of it off on others while you have fun!?

satyreyes wrote:

Certainly not. People who fall back on an angry god that says to do good are just weak and afraid to go out into the world and take what they want. Nice excuse to avoid the uglier side of responsibility. For me, it's about knowing what you want and what's worth putting into getting it.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top10-05-2007 03:41:48 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Q: What’s your favorite month of the year?  Why?

A: July. Shorter skirts, tighter shorts. Hot weather always brings out the best in my instincts. Plus, it makes good for cold drinks.

Q: What’s your dream job?

A: Nothing boring. Leave the desk jobs to the tamed masses. I want something exciting and new and maybe even...primal.

Q: Are you religious?  Do you have a philosophy that you live by?

A: If I paid any attention in church at all, it would only be to laugh at the naughty parts. Who cares about what happens after death? We should enjoy life and all of its pleasures now. That's my philosophy, but I can change it depending on my current victim. Though, usually, I don't need to. It's not my mind they're interested in.

On a lark, I'd say Gio is Touga.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#4 | Back to Top10-05-2007 05:51:00 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I'm drawn towards November. A crisp month at the eve of the annual passing. There's still enough time to tie a few loose ends, fulfill some desires you hadn't in the long wasteful expanse of a moment that calls itself a year, and yet there's a sense that closure is on its way. What have you got to fear when there's only moon cycle to go?

What’s your dream job?

I'm not a very laborious person. I'm not sure I'd like to deal with complex business practices, though I can be persuasive when there's something I really want. I don't have the creativity to design much in the way clothing or jewelry, but I do have a sense of what's classy and fashionable. A product consultant to Chanel, perhaps. Anything from men's cologne to necklaces.

I think I used to believe in God. I used to believe in a lot of stupid things. I don't really want to tie myself down to any specific belief system. Still, I have one; there's no point in doing the "right thing" when honor and pride is just water in your hands.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (10-05-2007 05:52:00 PM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#5 | Back to Top10-05-2007 06:33:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

September. The summer isn't quite over yet but we're starting to feel the briskness of the fall in the mornings and evenings. School vacations have come to an end and most non-holiday work vacations have been taken by then too, so in a way it's more of a fresh start than the beginning of the calendar year.

What’s your dream job?
I appreciate the spotlight as much as the next person and I'd be lying if I said I didn't do well in it, but I don't see the point in clinging to it after my turn is over and as such I'd be happy to do something that is important but not glamorous. I enjoy the satisfaction of watching a talent grow, so perhaps I could be a teacher.

Sometimes, things just have to be done. It's not fun to get your hands dirty but I agree with the old maxim that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. There's no point in tiptoeing through your life to avoid hurting people's feelings because that will happen no matter how hard you try, so it's best to focus your energy on the things that really matter.

Last edited by ShatteredMirror (10-06-2007 10:24:36 PM)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#6 | Back to Top10-05-2007 10:32:33 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

April. That is when the sakuras bloom, after all.

What’s your dream job?
I dreamed once of being a teacher...I once dreamed of many foolish things. Accounting seems a sensible profession to me now.

I don't particularly approve of religion...people need to accept that there is nothing eternal, only a haze of colored smoke, a dream. I suppose you could call that a philosophy.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#7 | Back to Top10-06-2007 03:31:58 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Okay, I think five entrants is enough!  Gio, Jellineck, NajiMinkin, ShatteredMirror, and Stormcrow should each send me their guesses as to each other's identities.  (Spectators are also free/encouraged to send their guesses for an honorable mention!)

#8 | Back to Top10-07-2007 12:22:59 AM

Jellineck

Crap. I misread that and ended up sending PMs to the players. Sorry for that, everyone. Will do right.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#9 | Back to Top10-07-2007 01:03:32 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

No worries! emot-keke

#10 | Back to Top10-09-2007 11:39:35 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Well, it's been a few days, and I still haven't heard back from Gio.  I know she wouldn't want us to wait for her, though, so it's time to announce the winner!

First, it looks like this game was tougher than I expected!  There were only a few correct guesses, and no one guessed more than one player right.  Nonetheless, I think the answers to the interview questions were superb all around.  Thank you, everyone!

Let's start with Gio.  Four people guessed she was Touga, and one person guessed she was Akio, but all y'all were wrong.  Gio was Kozue.  Those three characters definitely fall into the same category of "sluts 'n' powermongers," though.

Next, NajiMinkin.  I received four guesses for her, and everyone agreed: NajiMinkin had to be Juri.  Not the case, though!  NajiMinkin was Mrs. Ohtori.  I want everyone to go back up and read her answers to the questions.  Aren't they just perfect?  If only anyone had thought of her!

ShatteredMirror was the only player whose character was guessed differently by all four guessers.  I heard Miki, Mikage, and Keiko, but NajiMinkin was the only one to nail him by guessing Ruka.  Well done, SM and NM!  A point apiece for you.

Stormcrow was easy, right?  Everyone who PM'd me was positive he was Mikage.  This may come as a bit of a surprise to Stormcrow, who was trying to RP Saionji.  It was the comment about wanting to be a teacher that did it, right?  But I want to send you back to that answer as another bit of insightful role playing.

This brings us to Jellineck.  For Jellineck I heard Akio and Touga, but two guessers -- Stormcrow and Almaser, who participated as a spectator -- guessed the truth.  Jellineck was Kozue.  (Yes, we had two Kozues!)  Once again, isn't it interesting how Akio, Touga, and Kozue go together?

All this leads us to the final scores:

Jellineck (Kozue): 2 - guessed by Stormcrow and Almaser
ShatteredMirror (Ruka): 1 - guessed by NajiMinkin
Stormcrow (Mikage): 1 - guessed Jellineck
NajiMinkin (Mrs. Ohtori): 1 - guessed ShatteredMirror
Gio (Kozue): 0
Almaser (spectator): 1 - guessed Jellineck

Congratulations, Jellineck!  emot-biggrin

And a big honorable mention to NajiMinkin, who had the courage to try RPing a very minor character and pulled it off splendidly.

Anyone want to do this again -- with different interview questions, of course?  Or is once enough?

Last edited by satyreyes (10-09-2007 11:42:18 AM)

#11 | Back to Top10-09-2007 04:17:24 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I'd be interested.  emot-keke

It amuses me that this forum is so crazy about Kozue.

#12 | Back to Top10-09-2007 05:30:22 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Sure, let's do round two, that was fun!

EDIT: for the record, I was thinking of a kendo teacher.emot-tongue

Last edited by Stormcrow (10-09-2007 05:32:53 PM)

-Truck North

#13 | Back to Top10-09-2007 05:38:34 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Sorry Stormcrow, I should have voted! You seemed quite Saionji-y to me. emot-smile

I really want to participate in this, but I can never answer those sorts of questions for myself, let alone complex SKU characters.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#14 | Back to Top10-09-2007 05:41:16 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

That was awesome. Like, seriously. emot-biggrin

#15 | Back to Top10-09-2007 05:44:38 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Stormcrow wrote:

EDIT: for the record, I was thinking of a kendo teacher.emot-tongue

That wasn't what threw me off the scent, it was the accounting. When I think of Saionji, numbers isn't one of the things that comes to mind. Except if we're talking "WASP" Saionji. emot-tongue

The rest of it was very Kyouichily.

#16 | Back to Top10-09-2007 09:41:29 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Sounds like there's interest, so let's do it again!  The rules are the same.  You're allowed to pick a character who was used in the last round, but please don't pick the same character you personally picked in the last round; don't forget to PM me telling me who you picked!  Ragnarok, don't be shy about entering emot-smile  Same goes for anyone else who's thinking about it.

This game's interview questions:

Where would you go on your ideal vacation?  Why would you go there?

What's your best quality?  What about yourself are you most proud of?

Why do you go to Ohtori Academy -- as opposed to some other school, or no school at all?

Last edited by satyreyes (10-09-2007 09:42:17 PM)

#17 | Back to Top10-09-2007 11:50:03 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

satyreyes wrote:

I'm a city person, so pretty much any major cultural and social center will appeal. I admit though, I would favor places like Paris, Milan, New York City...the fashion capitals, where I might manage a peek behind the curtains to see what everyone's going to be wearing next season.

satyreyes wrote:

I'm good at keeping myself on top of the comings and goings of the world around me. Always informed, always by a reliable source. I guess you could say it's really a matter of managing human resources.

satyreyes wrote:

Why do you go to Ohtori Academy -- as opposed to some other school, or no school at all?

Why go to any but the most prestigous school you can? Surrounding yourself with people who are especially likely to be successful (whether by their merit or their parents' wallet) means you're more likely to be successful yourself. Solidifying your position in the upper crust of society is necessary for anyone who wants to be more than another link in the chain.

(BTW, sorry guys about making you go on ahead without my votes! You caught me on Thanksgiving weekend there. Silly Canadians and their stuffing you full of turkey early!)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#18 | Back to Top10-10-2007 12:17:02 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Vacation? I don't really think about such things. On one level, my life is exactly as it should be and I've nothing that I need to take a break from... the things that I wish I could take a vacation from aren't such things that one can simply walk away from, whether for a short period of time or others.

I know people. It's a simple matter to figure out the inner working's of someone's mind and after that simpler still to get them to do exactly what I want -- it requires careful handling and often a great deal of time, but I have plenty of time to get what I want.

There's nowhere I'd rather be -- everywhere else pales in comparison. Besides, I'm quite certain that I belong here.

#19 | Back to Top10-10-2007 12:27:32 AM

Jellineck

Well, I picked Kozue because more people would be likely to mistake her for Akio or Touga. But I'd say Gio had the same fiendish idea as me. Oh and...

I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TAKE THAT!!!!!

Anyway.

Q: Where would you go on your ideal vacation?  Why would you go there?

A: Oh, I've always wanted to visit the cultural centers of the world. Being refined is always important to me - eveyone around me is always so elegant and informed, and I admire that. I want to impress people in conversations and hold attention the ways I see others do. Plus, I'm acquiring a taste for art and philosophy, and there's no better place for that than old Europe.

Q: What's your best quality?  What about yourself are you most proud of?

A: That's very hard to say. I've always been taught that being polite is important, and most polite people are humble and modest about their talents. Well, I suppose I always try to be kind, forgiving, and generous. Even if it doesn't succeed, I really do try.

Q: Why do you go to Ohtori Academy -- as opposed to some other school, or no school at all?

A: I guess you could call it a matter of duty. It's important to my family for me to have a prestigious education. I feel a strong sense of commitment towards them, so I try to honor their wishes. Besides, Ohtori is such a nice place. Such a beautiful campus and so many friendly people.

Last edited by Jellineck (10-10-2007 09:25:10 AM)

#20 | Back to Top10-10-2007 06:34:14 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I apologize in advance for any typos I missed. It's early, but I couldn't wait.emot-keke

I've always wanted to go somewhere fun like Tokyodisney, but I've come to realize I should go places like Kyoto or Nara instead so I can become more cultivated...I hear Kansas City is nice. (OoC: couldn't help myself there) Mostly, I'd like to visit places with great histories so I could learn how to be great myself.

Organization. People complain all the time about not having what they want, or failing in getting what they want, when all they really lack is adequate planning. If all the details are put in place ahead of time, you can accomplish almost anything.

Well, I know I need to become stronger, wiser, and more courageous if I'm going to grow in to the kind of person I want to be, and Ohtori has many unique opportunities there. I mean, not many schools have a dueling society.

-Truck North

#21 | Back to Top10-10-2007 12:35:14 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I wanna go to an island! Just me carried on a big velvet curtain thingy by lots of cute boys who feed me grapes and fan me with pretty fans 24/7!!!! Why, you ask? I'd totally go there for the grapes! HA! No, I want to be put on a pedestal!

I think being proud is rude, so my best quality would be not being proud, which makes me not rude! But then again, I am very proud of the friends I have!

I'd rather not waste time in school, but I'm glad to be at Ohtori Academy because of all the cute boys! Everyday I wake up, I'm so happy to be here! ^______^

Last edited by Frosty (10-10-2007 12:46:05 PM)

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#22 | Back to Top10-10-2007 09:04:54 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I'd like to travel around Europe and drink in as much culture as I could, especially music and theatre.

My integrity. No matter what anyone else says or tries to tell me what to do, I know that I'll never compromise my beliefs.

Ohtori wasn't my first choice, but I was too young to decide on a school myself. Even though I could transfer at any time, there are people I just can't leave behind. I've also come to realize that there's more to be offered by a school than just its classes.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#23 | Back to Top10-10-2007 11:21:52 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Six entries is enough!  Giovanna, ShatteredMirror, Jellineck, Stormcrow, Frosty, and Ragnarok should each send me their guesses.  Spectators are encouraged to send their guesses, too; your guesses do affect the players' scores, and last time Almaser's spectator guess broke a four-way tie!

#24 | Back to Top10-11-2007 10:25:29 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Ragnarok, we're waiting on you!  I know you're online emot-mad

#25 | Back to Top10-11-2007 10:32:17 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Sorry! I'll do it now! I was sick all day. emot-frown