This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-05-2009 02:48:51 AM

ToriJ
Saionji Slapper

I am not like Touga!

My friends been teasing me that I must be the long lost secret daughter of Touga & Utena whom both gave up for adoption. >.> Because I have red hair like Touga, then they go on to say I give off the tomboyish vibe Utena gives off. When in a relationship with a girl I act like the boy =X And that I'm goofy like Utena is at times.

Then they say I flirt like him! DO NOT! emot-frown Maybe like Utena, but not like Touga! Now I must fail at fencing with a friend of a friend to prove I'm not their daughter because they seem to have it in their head if I pwn at that then I'm their daughter >.>

Anyway the point of this thread is, have you ever been compared to a character from Utena? Did you feel flatter or did you beat them with a baseball bat?emot-rofl

#2 | Back to Top08-05-2009 04:06:08 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Re: I am not like Touga!

On hair looks alone, my best friends often told me I should cosplay movie!Shiori. It was actually complimentary, and I said I'd do it someday once I lost some weight.

Now, I kinda wonder if they actually saw Shiori and her (or so I see) backstabbing self in me, based on what happened with these friends.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#3 | Back to Top08-05-2009 05:06:25 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

For some reason I've never fathomed, I used to get called "oujisama" by online friends I met back in my Sailor Moon fic days, hence my long-held username of claireoujisama. They meant it in a complimentary fashion, but as I've always felt myself closer to Nanami and/or Mikage, I'm not sure where they got the Utena bit from. emot-tongue

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#4 | Back to Top08-05-2009 08:09:57 AM

Setsuna
Tragedian

I'm not lucky enough to even have friends who are into Utena to even tell me who I'm like. I have taken the personality tests online and consisently gotten either Kozue, Touga or Utena, though.

#5 | Back to Top08-05-2009 03:20:06 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Sort of. My boyfriend jokes that I'm Wakaba since I told him he's so much like Tatsuya first.  Both he and Tatsuya are shy chivalrous boys-next-door with big brown eyes. He was pretty flattered when he first saw Tatsuya's episode to be compared to him. emot-smile

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#6 | Back to Top08-05-2009 03:53:28 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Ha. Been compared to Juri as far as my demeanor, and compared to Chigusa as far as my temper. I've had a couple of online friends call me oujisama, and quite a few people give me the Utena/Dios name. It's a compliment to be compared to Juri, but it's kind of like an insult, since she's in the closet and super angsty, and I'm way out of the closet and in the front yard, and I only angst a little bit. It makes me laugh all in all.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#7 | Back to Top08-05-2009 04:03:35 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

hmmm.... well, I can't recall having been compared to an SKU chara....

on that note, I've compared my friends to SKU characters... My best friend, I compare to Akio. Mostly, because she's a super perv...and usually gets what she wants when she wants...even when she makes her less than pure motives clear....

I have a friend whose boyfriend I call Miki... he is actually NOTHING like Miki except for maybe his love of music and assumed intellect. He's super tall, has LONG dark hair and is the exact opposite of Miki in personality...not a shy guy, but he's funny.... anyway, because of that joke I've started calling his girlfriend Anthy (sometimes kozue) but you know she does have the Anthy height....if not shorter -____-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#8 | Back to Top08-05-2009 04:17:05 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

None of my friends have compared me since none of them watch SKU except for a friend of a friend.  But my best friend, when he saw my Shiori desktop, agreed that I look very much like her, usually (minus choice of attire).  I don't act like her, though. 

But that's about it.  I don't act too much like any particular character.  I don't know anyone who acts like any of them, either, except for an online correspondent who is somewhat like Mikage.

#9 | Back to Top08-06-2009 12:11:06 AM

ToriJ
Saionji Slapper

Prince_of_Stars wrote:

Ha. Been compared to Juri as far as my demeanor, and compared to Chigusa as far as my temper. I've had a couple of online friends call me oujisama, and quite a few people give me the Utena/Dios name. It's a compliment to be compared to Juri, but it's kind of like an insult, since she's in the closet and super angsty, and I'm way out of the closet and in the front yard, and I only angst a little bit. It makes me laugh all in all.

I would love to be compared to Juri o-o Instead of being compared to Utena when she's being clueless.

If Utena is my mom in another life then that makes so many thoughts in the past very wrong =X Yet suitable considering who people think my dad is.

*Goes to throw up*

#10 | Back to Top08-20-2009 04:53:11 PM

Nights1stStar
Ballgoer

I once told an acquaintance that Juri's my favorite character. She responded in surprise because I was "nothing like her". emot-confused Good or bad thing?

Otherwise, I've never been compared to an RGU character. No one I know except that acquaintance has watched the series. AND I CAN'T PERSUADE THEM! emot-aaa

"To copulate is to enter another...and the artist never emerges from herself."
-Charles Bauldelaire

#11 | Back to Top08-20-2009 04:54:37 PM

Nights1stStar
Ballgoer

Prince_of_Stars wrote:

They prolly meant that you had Juri's coolness, minus the angst. Good combination if you ask me. cool

"To copulate is to enter another...and the artist never emerges from herself."
-Charles Bauldelaire

#12 | Back to Top08-21-2009 03:34:45 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I'm apparently most like Touga... (I have no idea.) I don't really like Touga though. D:
I also get Ruka, but supposedly in a positive way. (Self sacrificing and sickly! And the same birthday!) ((I LIKE Ruka.))

Problem-wise, I'm Juri. D: (The MAD HORRIBLE OBSESSION I do not want.) I'd like to evolve into Keiko.

Looks wise, I'm the demon love child of Juri and Ruka. My hair's original cut is mutant forelock, I just only cut it once every year or two, and, it gets really long... And it makes Juri curls if I don't leave it alone.

...My brother is the lovechild of Akio and Touga. Mostly Akio. And it TERRIFIES me.

I live with a normal school girl. (red angel) Iris deemed her the one with the poppy I believe.

Board footer