This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1101 | Back to Top12-16-2014 11:03:46 PM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

Re: MOTHER EFFING YAH MINECRAFT THREAD

If we're paying for the server again, I want to chip in too. I've enjoyed this and I want to keep doing it along with all of you.

#1102 | Back to Top12-17-2014 12:44:28 AM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

I'm pleased to announce that a beautiful* underground settlement** is now foot-accessible via an entrance in the mountains at 1094/72/-555. Previously you could only get there by jumping down a waterfall or climbing down a ladder through a tiny passageway.

It's built in a natural underground ravine that a river pours down into. I want to call it Deep Earth Home.

*Work has begun on the flooring.

**One NPC resident has moved in.

Edit: And I solved my flooding problem! Woohoo!

Another edit: Okay, I have made a flag for Deep Earth Home:

http://s2.postimg.org/scwiyjx05/deep_earth_home_banner.jpg

The people of Deep Earth Home want to apply for membership in the Council of Nations.

Should I just make a copy of the banner and throw it in one of the chests in the banner chest room?

Last edited by Dreaded Claymore (12-17-2014 10:06:00 PM)

#1103 | Back to Top12-23-2014 07:22:55 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: payment. We're doing exactly what we did last time.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1104 | Back to Top12-23-2014 08:13:24 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

BioKraze wrote:

Re: payment. We're doing exactly what we did last time.

Great!  I'm certainly in again, and Kita and Claymore both say they want to help, so let's split it three ways!  It's $102 for six months, which is $34 for each of us.  To make Aine's life as easy as possible, I'm going to go ahead and PayPal her the whole sum, like we did in June.  Kita, Claymore, you're both welcome to either PayPal me (satyreyes at gmail.com) or send a check to my physical address (which you can PM me for).  Thanks so much for contributing and helping to keep the server going!  emot-biggrin

Edit: Sent!

Last edited by satyreyes (12-23-2014 08:15:13 PM)

#1105 | Back to Top01-06-2015 02:28:03 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

There is now a horse-place ("The Royal Academy of Equestrian Arts," but who's keeping track?) in Corinthia.  Not a ton of stalls, and monsters still spawn in the middle of some of the training rings, but if you want to board your horse, (the stable is perfectly safe) you're welcome to stick it in one of the stalls with a blank label.  Put your horse's name and your username underneath on the plaque, so I know that's what you're doing.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1106 | Back to Top01-26-2015 01:20:26 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

I'm getting a "can't connect to server" message.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1107 | Back to Top01-26-2015 01:28:54 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Kita-Ysabell wrote:

I'm getting a "can't connect to server" message.

Seconded!

#1108 | Back to Top01-31-2015 01:24:16 AM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

I just tried it, I can get on.

#1109 | Back to Top01-31-2015 07:25:32 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Yeah, it's working now.

On a different note, I'm at least 2/3 of the way through building the road from Corinthia to Logos.  I'm working my way between Elizea and the spawn village, trying not to get too close to either of them.  I guess it's not exactly the Road to Nowhere anymore.

Edit: The road's finished now, plus or minus some homesteaders, dinosaur bones, and witch mini-castles.  BTW, there's two ex-zombie villagers in little stone boxes just on the other side of the suspension bridge.  Sat, do you have any use for them?

Last edited by Kita-Ysabell (02-01-2015 04:50:35 PM)

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1110 | Back to Top02-01-2015 05:29:17 PM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

Past time for me to work on the stone circle, then. I wih I could have done it this week instead of not seeing my sister (because she was sick).

#1111 | Back to Top02-10-2015 05:37:16 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I was on last night, getting updated by Kita and leaving a trail of fish.

#1112 | Back to Top02-10-2015 06:43:33 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yay! I for one missed you. My Minecraft is giving me trouble - it's running at like 5 fps ever since I switched clients like they said - so I'm MIA for a bit longer.

#1113 | Back to Top02-13-2015 02:29:51 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

I spent some time yesterday trying to convince kids that horses are like cars; they're best on roads, you guys you totally need to build roads for your horses, because with roads, horses are awesome.  Without roads, you keep getting stuck in trees and on the wrong side of rivers.

Then again, I'm the kind of person that really likes driving on open roads, so there's that.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1114 | Back to Top02-16-2015 05:11:32 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

So I'm still having this fps issue.  emot-gonk  My fps drops sharply when I'm facing horizontally, but not when I'm facing the floor or ceiling, so it must have something to do with rendering.  But I've never had this problem before -- what can have changed?  My GPU and Java are up to date.  This happens on both single- and multiplayer worlds, modded and unmodded.  Anyone know what's going on?

#1115 | Back to Top03-01-2015 07:59:52 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

I am not the person to go to for computers problems other than "I can't use it as intended!"  Sorry, Sat, but I've got nothing on the fps front.

Corinthia would like to lay claim to the town to the east of it as a protectorate.  The town does not currently have a name, but should you run across it, you will know it by the fact that it is now pink.  That is all.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1116 | Back to Top03-19-2015 08:30:27 PM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

I want to play Minecraft, but I am so sick that I can't focus, or even keep myself upright half the time. Right now I look like this except without the green hair and fapping: etc-saiowank

Ugh.

#1117 | Back to Top05-28-2015 01:12:39 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

My new computer means I can finally play Minecraft again. etc-love  I have been sinking so much time into Regrowth, an FTB modpack where instead of biomes there is just trackless wasteland, full of murky water and dead trees, and no ores.  A fantastic quest log walks you through the mods, and you establish yourself with the long-term goal of using the mods to revitalize the landscape.  I built a giant sakura tree to use as my Botania/Witchery base.  It's not big enough, though, so I may end up building a grove of giant sakura.

Anyone playing any interesting modpacks?

#1118 | Back to Top06-09-2015 08:58:53 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

I finally fixed my computer stuff (as much as it's going to be fixed) and got back on the server!

In, uh, other news, Corinthia now boasts a post office, between the crystal garden and the GIANT FUCKING HOUSE. (whut)

Y'all should head there and stick your names on a mailbox (downstairs) so people can leave you stuff.

Also, if I could get it hooked up to the teleport system (for convenience's sake) that would be awesome.  The ideal teleport location (note sign and button) would be x/y/z: 1053/68/-890.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1119 | Back to Top11-07-2015 03:16:08 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hey all, it's been a really freakin' long time since I last logged into the server (or even checked in here)! In-between having to buy a new lappy and still not yet having recovered my old docs (and that's in addition to massively personal issues), I've kinda... sorta... lost most of my co-ordinates. I should be able to recover things standing from the teleport hub (which is probably going to end up being re-named and/or possibly re-located, depending on certain factors), but if y'all can please message me/post your known co-ordinates for builds here, I can work on updating the teleport hub like I should've been months ago.

Sorry about the massive lack of attention, everybody! >>;;;

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1120 | Back to Top11-07-2015 06:40:35 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Er.

I will say that since I haven't seen anyone else on in ages, I went a bit off the reservation.  There's like… some sort of underground/platform tree village somewhere (I think it's nearish to the spawn village?  Look for lights in a big-ass forest.) and an ice castle. (visible from the road from Survivalists' Inlet, fairly due… east of Corinthia, I think)

Aside from that, I don't have any coordinates.  I could go about and find them, if that'd help?

But at the moment I have to go make dinner.

It's good to see you back Bio!

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1121 | Back to Top11-07-2015 07:06:36 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Ditto, I haven't been on in forever. emot-frown

#1122 | Back to Top11-07-2015 07:52:59 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I, um... accidentially murdered all the mobs in the overworld, in an effort to destroy some loose Wither. While my question of "how did a Wither even get loose" shall remain unanswered, I'm addressing the more immediate issue of "who needs pet mobs replaced"?

I have awesome op powers. I... should prolly not be using them, or at least the kill command. >>;;;

My apologies, everyone. u_u

#1123 | Back to Top11-07-2015 08:25:38 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Oooooh, wait, does this include horses?

'Cause I had a fair number of those.

Uh… I'll stick some in one of the rings at the Equestrian Center in Corinthia, if anyone wants to grab one or more, next time I get on.  Which will probably be later tonight.

Edit: no, it doesn't seem to include horses.  Either that or Bio is very good at putting things back the way they were.

Last edited by Kita-Ysabell (11-10-2015 01:19:38 PM)

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1124 | Back to Top12-03-2015 11:56:08 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I don't, unfortunately, have awesome admin/op powers (although I sincerely wish I did.) What I do have is what's colloquially called "crappy memory because distractions, life and other non-server related video games I was playing." u_u

Admittedly, I do not know everybody's pets and names and what-not (just mine, pretty much, and Aine's), and am rather hoping people tell me because uh... yeah. Sorry, everyone! u_u If y'alls -can- tell me the names of pets, and preferably quick descriptions of coat colours (cats are tricky, so cats may just have free ocelot eggs), I would be most appreciative. emot-keke

(that said, everybody who was affected, which should primarily be everybody within chunk-loading distance of the Elizea Prefecture is entitled to one free horse, and not everybody was affected. I know this because a couple of my sentry-golems elsewhere lived. At any rate, the game seems to only have a certain radius in which the "kill all entities" command works. That radius being presumably "the user is Ground Zero and any chunks unloaded will be unaffected." Next time I will kill errant Withers manually. >>;;; )

#1125 | Back to Top12-04-2015 12:13:42 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The wiki says that /kill affects all loaded chunks.  Presumably that includes chunks loaded by a player (i.e. the user and anyone else logged on) and by default (i.e. the chunks near spawn, which are always loaded), as well as any chunks being kept active by chunk loaders, which I don't think exist on our mostly-vanilla server.  If you were alone on the server at the time, the only areas affected should be the ones near you and near spawn.  Happily, I don't think anyone has a farm at spawn.  Not since I tore down the tree of infinite chickens, anyway.

Board footer