This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-25-2009 12:06:19 PM

Twisted
Juri Jeerer

Utena Gallery Torrent

If anyone has this torrent can they please seed? I can't get it to download!! *crys* I'm sure other people here would also like it to be seeded. If I get to download it I'll seed for a while too emot-keke

Here is the torrent http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4063343

Last edited by Twisted (03-25-2009 12:07:15 PM)

Me No SpElL gOoD

#2 | Back to Top08-22-2009 05:40:20 PM

angelina
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Utena Gallery Torrent

Could anybody seed this for a little while? Torrent is dead.. but how can something this awesome be dead?!

#3 | Back to Top08-23-2009 03:57:03 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

If you're talking about the torrent of the revamped EM Gallery that Gio had put up a while back, I think that everybody who was interested at the time already downloaded/seeded it, and so only new members are going to be interested while everybody else has their copies. I think it's unlikely that enough people will seed the torrent for anybody to fully download it, but there's more than one way to skin a cat, as the old saying goes.

Maybe when she gets back from hanging out with Yasha in Canada, perhaps Gio could offer up a not-for-profit flash memory drive sort of deal? You pay the price of the memory drive and send it to Gio (PO box would be better if she can afford it at this stage; don't want her home mailbox to get swamped with requests!), and she dumps the Gallery contents to the drive and sends it back. A bit time consuming, but Gio could quote you the aggregate size of all the Gallery's images (somewhere around the 1.4 GB region, last I heard) so you would know how big a flash drive to send.

I doubt it'll pan out in the end (very few of my ideas do), but it would represent a way for people who know about the torrent but can't find enough people to seed it to be able to obtain a copy of the Gallery for image manip and iconing. Besides, I don't think the Gallery torrent has the latest stuff Gio said she had added to the main subsite.

Anybody with more knowledge than me on this matter (especially satyr and Gio!), I implore you to help me out so I can fill the gaps in my memory!

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#4 | Back to Top08-23-2009 08:31:45 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yeah restarting the torrent wouldn't be practical right now, not enough seeders. If there's sufficient demand, I don't mind burning the gallery onto DVDs for people and sending them out if people will pay shipping. Probably cheaper than flash drives, though everyone's free to do that also. It's 1.2gb.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top08-24-2009 10:11:59 AM

angelina
Wakaba Wrangler

Hm, that sounds like a decent idea. I could mail a USB stick or something like that. Alternatively, I could set up something on *my* FTP, but that really depends if your ISP has a bandwidth cap (here in Canada we have bandwidth nazis, believe-you-me) . Once I get them, I can see a new torrent. It's the least I could do.

#6 | Back to Top08-24-2009 08:30:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

How about this, there are apparently a couple filehosting sites that will let me upload 1.2 GB file. I'll add in the new stuff from the other thread and try that, and if it's a dud, we can do a SASE thing. emot-smile Give me a couple days to do the adding the images in and file-sizing them.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#7 | Back to Top08-24-2009 09:11:11 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

40/324 completed. I have to figure out how to sort them to add them in, since they don't match the navigation setup of the set design sketches. I'm thinking of putting them entirely separate from them.

As it turns out, I do have 1.2 GB of space on the domain when I'm not using it to swap heug files back and forth with Yasha for watching Sna- um...

So I'll be uploading that in a few days. emot-smile

#8 | Back to Top08-24-2009 10:54:37 PM

angelina
Wakaba Wrangler

You could run a mini 'booru and use image tags. Just a thought. Sounds like there are enough images.

#9 | Back to Top08-24-2009 11:41:35 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

a what? emot-smile

Sorry I'm retarded. I just drunk a ton of rum and watched Tokyo Gore Police.

#10 | Back to Top08-25-2009 04:30:55 PM

angelina
Wakaba Wrangler

An image gallery script that manages images by means of tagging. Gelbooru.com is an example. (NSFW) You could run a smaller verion of a booru. They're not hard to set up and it would do away trying to organize things into a tidy bunch of categories. It'd make a search for tags like, 'juri' 'shiori' 'group' possible, or 'touga' shirtless 'saionji', and so forth.

#11 | Back to Top08-25-2009 07:07:41 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Oh, there's a search function built into Gallery. That's part of the reason I used it, though frankly I don't think they'll ever be completely tagged to be searchable. There are like 10,000 images to assign tags to. emot-frown

#12 | Back to Top08-26-2009 07:37:18 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Giovanna wrote:

Oh, there's a search function built into Gallery. That's part of the reason I used it, though frankly I don't think they'll ever be completely tagged to be searchable. There are like 10,000 images to assign tags to. emot-frown

If you'd make it publically editable like Danbooru and the rest, I'm sure that you'd get anywhere from dozens to hundreds of helpers. Just collectively tag the untagged pictures with "tagme", and see how fast they find tags.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#13 | Back to Top08-26-2009 04:11:40 PM

angelina
Wakaba Wrangler

Yeah, you could just upload all of the pictures and with the EM crew alone they'd be tagged in no time.

#14 | Back to Top08-26-2009 04:16:52 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Before the new Gallery was actually launched, Gio got a bunch of forum members to volunteer to tag all the screencaps. They didn't quite do their jobs -- including satyr, who volunteered -- and so basically she'd need to use a cattle prod to get everybody tagging everything so that no character or scenario description goes unsaid.

Needless to say, only those who are dedicated enough to wade through over 10,000 pictures and panorama shots will be the ones to finish the job. Why knows? Maybe their work can be transferred back into the original Gallery.

Thoughts, anybody?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#15 | Back to Top08-26-2009 05:09:43 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

BioKraze wrote:

Thoughts, anybody?[/color]

Well, the difference is that on the 'booru style system you just do like with wikis - give all visitors a free access to edit the tags. It may take some time, but it works surprisingly well - people who are browsing the gallery add their own tags as they go along, some like professionals, hundreds at a time, some just casually add the tags to the one or two they really wanted to see. The power of numbers and fanhood is great indeed, but if you limit it just to few volunteers, they're pretty likely to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#16 | Back to Top08-26-2009 05:14:47 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Actually I believe I have that option with gallery, to allow guests or at least signed up members write access. I just didn't do that because I figured that was a bit of a dangerous risk to take.

#17 | Back to Top08-27-2009 02:56:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

emot-gonk I cleaned up all those background images and took them to work to sort, and now seeing them on a tube monitor instead of an LCD, they look like shit and I didn't correct them hardly at all. emot-gonk

I guess a do-over, or I'll try anyway. A lot of the images didn't stand up to brightening without loss of detail. Now I feel like a tard, wasting four hours of work. But then I've done much worse as far as tard moments with the gallery. I just don't have the time for massive retardation anymore. emot-frown

#18 | Back to Top09-02-2009 02:41:19 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

All right kids! Thanks for waiting--I had to finish up the edits for the background images and then the webspace was busy with totally legal stuff. emot-smile

I split the gallery into three zip files for your sanity. They're as follows

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/Gallery1.zip (340MB) This is everything EXCEPT series artwork. That is, the movie, movie caps, manga, miscellaneous releases and such.

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/Gallery2.zip (260MB) This is all series artwork, background screens (NEW), character designs, and omake. It excludes the series screencaps.

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/Gallery3.zip (480MB) Which are here. These are the episode caps, including the opening, closing, and repeated sequences.

Enjoy everybody, and thanks for your patience while I got the zips ready! I'm glad I finished the caps when I did, I'm going to be fucking swamped this term. Three fucking careplans just for psych, I'm gonna need to be in the fucking psych ward by the time this is over. emot-frown

The new caps have NOT been uploaded to the gallery proper yet, so you guys are getting a first edition here. Lemme know if I placed any of the caps wrong or whatever. I'll put them up in the gallery as soon as I get a chance.

#19 | Back to Top09-02-2009 06:50:55 AM

Setsuna
Tragedian

I love you. etc-love

so much.

You have no idea.

#20 | Back to Top09-02-2009 10:25:59 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Gio, this is positively amazing. I know of no other fandom that has one person who singlehandedly contributes so much to it, let alone is going through such rigorous schooling and everything else, on top of being a total beaut. You are amazing. Thank you so much. Gyaaah~~~ etc-love Molti poptarts per voi! poptart poptart poptart

All the screen caps I could ever want! Eeee~~ emot-danceetc-wankgirl

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#21 | Back to Top09-02-2009 10:01:07 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Gio?

It's official.

Your picture belongs in the dictionary next to the word AWESOME! emot-danceemot-dancepoptart

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#22 | Back to Top09-03-2009 01:02:59 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

You know, I'm sure a decent amount of pictures could be marked by people here if we just marked one every time we visited a single picture.

...Though, for the most part, I don't have much trouble navigating it.

#23 | Back to Top09-03-2009 09:41:47 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Oh Gio, will the awesome of which you are constituted never cease to shine through, come rain, sleet, or suck?  etc-love

#24 | Back to Top09-03-2009 04:53:55 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Ohhhh yes! Gio, your actions are worth at least 3 pelvic thrusts.

emot-dance

*downloads and revels in FINALLY having the gallery on her computer*

You have no idea how much of my teenage years I spent saving my favourites onto my hard drive, haha!

#25 | Back to Top09-03-2009 05:01:42 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Gio is a good girl to do all this work, I would rewatd her with poptarts poptartpoptart but that many would constitute a major fire hazard. emot-dance

Board footer