This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-14-2007 03:23:43 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Utena Story Idea - Virtual Star Embryology

Hello. I just joined here, so this is the first topic I'll have posted. The following is an idea that I have had for a long time, ever since I watched and read the rest of the anime and manga. I enjoyed both of them, but I was unsatisified with the endings. They left the door open, and while I think most people felt that the movie closed that door, I wasn't one of them. I want to touch up on the circumstances that led to Anthy becoming the Rose Bride, Utena's final fate and her place in the grand scheme, the power to revolutionize the world, End of the World's machinations, the Student Council and the Black Roses, Utena's family, the mysterious return of Ruka Tsuchiya, the Dueling Arena and the Castle, Dios and the Sword, and the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse. Oh, and more on the Shadow Girls, where A-Ko, B-Ko, and C-Ko team up with E-Ko and F-Ko to broadcast the events of the story to those not involved in the duel.

My idea, called Virtual Star Embryology after the second ending theme, is about a new set of duels taking place. But the story scope expands into whole different literary universes, such as the DC Comics Multiverse, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Six teenage girls from different universes are given Rose Seals by representatives of End of the World. They are:
*Ebony Dent: A vigilante with a sad past from the Kingdom Come Universe, Earth-22, in DC Comics.
*Ginger Anderson: A mutant from the X-Men Evolution Universe.
*Gold Shawson: A witch from the Harry Potter world who has connections to the Sailor Moon universe.
**Nicole de Laurette: Another witch from the Harry Potter world who serves as Gold's Rose Bride and best friend. She too has connections to the Sailor Moon universe. And for those of you who are big fans of the Harry Potter books this may serve as a shock to most of you, she's a NICE Slytherin.
*Michelle St. Clair: A girl of French and Arabic descent living in a post 9/11 version of the Real World.
*Andromeda Ariel: A cyborg from the Bubblegum Crisis universe who lost her human body when she was the unwilling guinea pig in an experiment performed by GENOM to see the effects of placing human minds in Boomer bodies. This is not her real name, but something she created herself.
*Celia Cortez: A half-vampire girl from the Fear Street world. For those of you who have read Fear Street, she's related to Danielle Cortez, the girl who died in Fear Street Seniors: The Thirst.

Each one of them views the current world they live in as rotten, and wish to use the power promised at the end of the game to change it for the better. But after agreeing they realize that there is something wrong with the game, but they are ultimately forced to fight when their friends and loved ones are threatened.

Amongst the heroes I wish to use are: Lightning Lad & Saturn Girl (from the current Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon), Linda Danvers (a former Supergirl), Berzerker, Magma, Roxxas, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, Priss Asagiri, Sylia Stingray, Nancy Thompson, Louis de Pointe du Lac, and Ramses the Damned.

Amongst the villains I wish to use are: Harlequin III (look up Harlequin on wikipedia), Hypnotia (a villain from the Iron Man cartoon), the Evil Queen, Bellatrix Lestrange, Jadeite, Simon and Angelica Fear, and more to come. I'm still working on it.

Other characters I want to use are Chigusa Sanjouin and the Heroine from the 4 Days at Ohtori game, as well as Kaido and Utena's Aunt Yurika from the manga.

I decided to use the name Virtual Star Embryology because each character would be involved in a part that would be dubbed after a different heaven mentioned in the song, "Mercurian Heaven", "Venusian Heaven", etc. The song relates, in my theory, that all stars, and living bodies in general, make up one great embryo that is known as the state of being, and that it has yet to be born. Hence, the need for a Revolution.

I am typing to ask you, all of you, your opinion on what you think of this idea. I can handle criticism, and even if most of it's bad I will still write it, even if no one reads it and it never becomes well known. Also, I apologize if my theories sound crackpot. I'm only in high school for goodness sakes.

Read bottom post for more information.

Last edited by XHelios6 (12-04-2007 02:53:28 PM)

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

#2 | Back to Top11-14-2007 05:32:24 PM

Werekat
Juri Jeerer

Re: Utena Story Idea - Virtual Star Embryology

That depends. Sounds like you've got your characters pinned down relatively well... But as for the story itself, I'm not sure I can see what the plot is. What is the point of them all having to duel? It's hard to say anything about the idea when what you've got to show are a bunch of individuals, whom we know nothing about - who they are and how they interact, and what challenges they face, and...

I know that question from experience, my longest-time work having started much like your own - from the characters and on. :) And that's what made me realize its importance.

"...But magic has a habit of lying low, like a rake in the grass." - T. Pratchett

#3 | Back to Top11-20-2007 12:51:41 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Thank you, Werekat, for giving me your opinion. The plot is your basic Good Vs Evil story. End of the World is using the six girls as a means to gain something, something very important that I don't want to spoil what it is, but it is big. They realize they have to stop it, but it might be too late when they finally decide to do something.

Before reading below this, consider that Akio Ohtori and Anthy Himemiya are practically immortal. What would become of Akio if Anthy, the only real companion he has had for centuries, left? He'd probably snap, is my guess. This is crucial to the plot.

Since it would take too long to list all biographical information on all my characters at once, here is some information on Ebony Dent.

Ebony Dent is a seventeen year old who was adopted by crippled millionaire Marcie King when she was a baby. Raised in a secluded mansion for most of her life, Ebony was home-schooled and trained in combat skills for reasons that Marcie never explained and Ebony never questioned. Despite her stepmother's cold attitude, Ebony grew up with a somewhat positive, if not shy personality as a child. As a teenager she grew a sense of humor and good-natured immaturity to her stepmother's seriousness. On her fifteenth birthday, Ebony snuck into her stepmother's room trying to find her birthday gifts, Ebony discovered files on Marcie's computer that explained who she really was. Marcie King was actually Marcie Cooper, who had once been a supervillain who called herself the Harlequin. She fought against a group called Infinity Inc., which was comprised of the superpowered children of the Justice Society of America. In one final battle, Marcie was savagely beaten by Solomon Grundy and crippled for life. She swore revenge on the Justice Society and Infinity Inc., and decided to use her child to do so. She married millionaire Robert King, killed him, and gained his fortune. She then adopted Ebony and decided to train her as the perfect weapon, then have her kill the children of the Justice Society. Once Ebony fulfilled her purpose, Marcie would then kill her. Ebony now saw her stepmother for what she was, a psychopathic lunatic who made up plans that were convaluted and insane and was planning to use her for her own crazy needs. Once she learned about her stepmotehr's intentions, Ebony ran away from home with whatever possessions she could take and made her way down to Viceroy, South Carolina, where she met Suzy Black, a.k.a. Black Orchid. Suzy took Ebony in, and after a year the two fell in love with one another, despite their age differences. Ebony was 15 and Suzy was 28. A month after her sixteenth birthday, Ebony and Suzy decided to try and raise a child. (Please note that on this Earth practically everyone stopped caring about this kind of stuff. For more proof read Kingdom Come). Using artificial insemination, Ebony was going to give birth to a beautiful baby, if only Marcie hadn't found out where she was and decided to teach her a lesson. She hired a serial killer known as the Candyman to kill Suzy and bring Ebony home. The Candyman, whose signature was use of sweet-smelling drugs and fishhooks, drugged Ebony and murdered Suzy. When Ebony awoke, she was back in her old mansion, tied to a chair in the dining room, and facing Marcie, the Candyman, and a television screen. The screen showed Suzy's death, and also contained footage of a botched abortion performed on Ebony that, according to Marcie, now gave her a slim chance of being able to produce children. An X-shaped scar was left on her stomach as a reminder. Ebony snapped and got into a large fight with the Candyman, a fight which accidentally caused Marcie to lose all feeling in her body when she fell through a window and severed her spine. Upon breaking the Candyman's legs, Ebony threw him in the pool in the back of the house, took the remains of her unborn child, and then set the mansion on fire. She buried her baby in the woods nearby with a marker that read "Here Lies Sarah Black". A week later, Ebony moved to Star City. More later.

Her favorite color is red, her favorite book is Hamlet, and her fvaorite movie is "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". She can play the guitar and her favorite music is rock 'n roll.

I apologize if I offend anyone with the content with the idea of a fifteen year old loving a twenty eight year old. If there is anything you don't like or find inappropriate, please tell me. But please, I'm open for comments. Anything at all, good or bad.

Last edited by XHelios6 (11-22-2007 01:38:34 PM)

#4 | Back to Top11-21-2007 01:43:23 AM

Wardah Ahmar
Wakaba Wrangler

Oh so minor critique but I do not like the name for "Michelle St. Clair". First of all you already have a character with a French sounding name and her current name gives no clue of her Arabic roots at all. school-eng101 Secondly unless she was a christian she would not have "St" in her name and I am assuming since you make reference to 9/11 that you probably intend her be Muslim and struggling with unfair prejudice? school-eng101 Since I happen to be Muslim and have Arabic ancestry I can provide you with oodles of information to make her more authentic and to keep it from becoming offensive. Other than that issue, I am really glad you created this character. It seems there are so few Arabic and/or Muslim characters out there. emot-dance

http://members.cox.net/wardahahmar2/utenaedenology2.gif
Av doll base by Bunnystick, edited by Moonstar: Sig doll base by Emiko

#5 | Back to Top11-22-2007 01:36:39 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Wardah Ahmar wrote:

Oh so minor critique but I do not like the name for "Michelle St. Clair". First of all you already have a character with a French sounding name and her current name gives no clue of her Arabic roots at all. school-eng101 Secondly unless she was a christian she would not have "St" in her name and I am assuming since you make reference to 9/11 that you probably intend her be Muslim and struggling with unfair prejudice? school-eng101 Since I happen to be Muslim and have Arabic ancestry I can provide you with oodles of information to make her more authentic and to keep it from becoming offensive. Other than that issue, I am really glad you created this character. It seems there are so few Arabic and/or Muslim characters out there. emot-dance

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! In answer to your critque, Michelle is indeed Muslim. Her father was french and her mother was Arabic. Her mother died giving birth to Michelle, and her father was the one who named her. Her father is a famous violinist who spends most of the time in other parts of the world while Michelle stays with her maternal aunt and uncle. Despite being on the road, Michelle and her father have a good relationship, and, I apologize if this seems like stereotyping, her father's nickname for her is Scheherazade because she loved reading fairy tales aloud when she was young. She is an accomplished pianist and goes to music school. Her favorite color is green and she enjoys reading manga. Because of her mixed heritage her family sometimes treats her indifferently, and her uncle doesn't exactly agree with her piano skills or the fact that she isn't as religious as they'd want her to be.

The world she lives in is an extreme parody of how the world changed after 9/11. The paranoia and xenophobia that was brought on by the attacks on the World Trade Center has escalated into internment camps by the year 2003. Most of Michelle's younger cousins were put in internment camps and she deals with racism from both cultures as she is considered a "mutt". She goes into the camp voluntarily to protect her family from harsh treatment. Michelle becomes a duelist so she might use the power to revolutionize the world to bring peace and she doesn't allow her loved ones to get involved.

#6 | Back to Top11-24-2007 06:16:24 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

And now more on Ebony Dent's backstory:

Using a made-up name, Nan Martins, a disguise, and forged credentials, Ebony began working in a Star City hospital, St. Joan's General, specifically in the ward for newborn babies, all the while seeing a therapy group about what had happened with hopes of getting on with her life. However, it just so happened that the hospital owner was being forced to pay protection money by villains Dr. Death and Wonder Woman villain Doctor Poison, who both moved to Star City the year before and started a type of team-up due to the similar patterns in their criminal careers. Recently, Poison killed Death in pure avarice, and demanded higher amounts of protection money that the hospital owner couldn't afford to pay. When he missed the payment, Poison laced the baby formula the hospital used in the newborn ward with a drug called Reverso 13. The first form of Reverso, made by Poison's grandmother, the original Doctor Poison, was a drug that reversed brain functions which she used on American soldiers while working for Nazi Germany during WWII, making them do the opposite of what they were ordered to do. A second form of Reverso, Reverso 2, reversed growth patterns, and the original Poison had taken too much of the drug and began to de-age, until she was too young to remember the antidote and de-aged into nothing. The new Poison then created eleven new forms of Reverso, each tailored to a certain growth pattern and function in the human body. Reverso 13 was created for the sole purpose of causing slow and painful de-aging with no antidote. The same day that the formula had been spiked was the same day Ebony was working, and she had a front row view of what happened as she, along with the other horrified hospital nurses, orderlies, and the parents who were watching their babies, watched as they slowly and painfully de-aged back into ammniotic goo after their first sip of formula. Ebony herself held one in her arms. As a form of cruel satisfaction, Poison had been watching the events occur herself from the ward's viewing glass. Ebony, who had also been forced to study about superheroes and villains while living with Marcie, recognized Poison as well as her M.O., and in a state of beastly, if not berserker-esque rage, brutally beat the Doctor to a bloody pulp, a fight which almost cost the lives of six onlookers and two policemen, and tried to force the doctor to drink what was left of the spiked formula until she snapped out of her anger. This incident has left Ebony with an extreme phobia of hospitals. Still more to come. Please tell me what you think.

#7 | Back to Top12-04-2007 02:52:37 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I've had to deal with college applications for the last couple of weeks. Anyway...

I realize I shouldn't have given so much information on the Ebony character, and I acted very sloppy when I was typing the other posts and giving information. It was just because this is the first time I've ever told other people besides my friends and my brother about this idea and I just typed whatever came to mind. So now I'm given enough information you need to know on the other five, as well as the other characters and how they fit into it.

*Ebony Dent: Duels to bring a better sense of justice to her homeworld of Earth-22. After her first duel, she wakes up in the world of the Legion of SuperHeroes cartoon, and makes fast friends with Lightning Lad, who somewhat acts as a big brother to her as he does to his own sister, Ayla, whom Ebony has an instant rapport with. Her rose is red and her sword doesn't have a handle.
*Ginger Anderson: A mutant with the ability to manipulate and control all Earth-born elements. She can be considered a type of "living security system" for the Earth. When fighting on another planet, she can adapt to that Earth's elements, and when facing against an enemy from another world she subconsciously "scan" that enemy to discover the perfect way to defeat it. Because she is a mutant living in a world where they are dispised, she thinks it is impossible to find true love. So she duels for just that. She was childhood friends with Berzerker, but after he ran away he shattered her ideals of finding true love. She acts naive most of the time, but can become a compotent fighter when pushed hard enough. Her rose color is orange and her sword is a faux Keyblade. (On a sidenote, she has a stepmother named Doreen who is similar to Marcie Cooper, only what she lacks in craziness she makes up for by being vapid and rude. She stuffs her bra and thinks no one notices. They do.)
*Gold Shawson: A witch born to Muggle parents. Her father left when they discovered what she was, and her mother committed suicide shortly after. She now lives with her aunt and attends Hogwarts as a member of Gryffindor. She is in her fourth year at the same time as Harry Potter is in his fifth year. She is best friends with Nicole de Laurette, a Slytherin in the same year as hers. Gold and Nicole both learn that they have connections to the Sailor Moon world when they meet a Sailor Animamate who was sent, along with a few others, into alternate worlds to find two Sailor Crystals that disappeared from their world. Gold acts cheerful and optimistic, but can get annoyed when Nicole dishes out neverending insult fights with other students and has to set her straight. Gold duels to make everyone in their world a witch or wizard so she can be accepted by her parents. She has Jamacian ancestry but was raised in Britain, her hair is long, black, and wavy and her eyes are golden brown. Her sword is made of light and her rose is yellow.
*Michelle St. Clair: Read earlier posts.
*Andromeda Ariel: A United States born practicing Hindu and a former marksman for the US Army who was supposedly killed in a terrorist attack. In truth, she became a guinea pig in an experiment performed by the GENOM corporation. She duels in order to gain back her human body, because she views the robot body she now has halting the cycle of reincarnation that Hindis believe in (did I get that right?) and views other machines as evil. Her dueling outfit is a blue Rose Bride dress, which matches with her idea the robots are progammable dolls used for the amusement of others. Her Rose Bride is an abandoned DOLL (Mitsukazu Mihara's DOLL) that strangely resembles Ruka Tsuchiya who wishes to be human as well. Her rose is blue and her sword is a cybernetic attachement that is replaced with a epee.
*Celia Cortez: The half sister of Danielle Cortez. the result of an affair between Danielle's father and a woman named Julia Goode. Celia was raised by her mother and grandmother, and the only real connection she has had with her father is through her sister, Danielle. The two have always been close, much to the dismay of Danielle's mother. When Danielle was killed by the two vampires in the beginning of The Thirst, Celia was in town and targeted by a third vampire named Alissa. Alissa, who liked to play with her food, chased Celia through town for an entire night, before there was confrontation between the two in the abandoned Fear Street Manor. After gravely wounding Alissa as the sun was about to come up, Celia was finally bitten by her. But at that moment, the sun had risen and its light began to kill Alissa as she was still feeding on Celia. This affected the vampire transformation on Celia's body, who became an artificial dhampir, whose aging was slowed and was immune to most vampire weaknesses except for a rare bloodlust, while exhibiting all other vampire powers. Celia duels to either bring her sister back to life, or to destroy Shadyside and the entire Fear Family, whom she blames for all the evil that has occured in Shadyside due to their curse. She has coffee-colored skin and black hair with red and white dyed stripes. When she uses her powers her skin and the black part of her hair turns white. Her rose is violet and her sword is shaped like a cross. I haven't decided who her Rose Bride should be, but I'd like to use someone from the Anne Rice universe, if that's okay with her.

Their character development will show them as disillusioned in the beginning while not wanting innocents caught in the crossfire. They won't meet each other until further in the story.

I'll talk about the Rose Brides later. If you read but won't post, please tell other people about it, if you want.

Last edited by XHelios6 (12-04-2007 02:55:06 PM)

#8 | Back to Top12-11-2007 07:34:19 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

I've decided to omit the Doctor Poison element of Ebony's life story. It's just overkill. Also, if you don't know, I've already posted the first part, "Warrior of a Fallen Kingdom". I apologize for posting the first twelve pages in seperate topics. Tell me what you think.

#9 | Back to Top12-15-2007 10:26:09 AM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

I'm going with a different approach with Ginger Anderson. Instead of naive I'm making her pragmatic. Naivete wouldn't work with the story I'm going for.

#10 | Back to Top12-15-2007 09:57:24 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

I've just updated "May Queen and the Runaway Prince". Check it out. Because if you don't... we know where you live.

#11 | Back to Top12-19-2007 06:55:49 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

My Christmas Vac starts today, so I should have the rest of part two done by the weekend. I already have some of part three started, so think of that as my Christmas gift to all of you if I get it finsihed before the 25th. Of course, if I do get part three done by Christmas, it can count as a gift of accomplishment for my brithday on Tuesday, not to sound egotistical. Tell me what you think of the story so far. Because if not then I won't give you that pony you've always wanted for Christmas and that means a trip to the glue factory for old Thunder.

#12 | Back to Top12-22-2007 12:27:34 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Updated "May Queen" with ninteen more pages. Check it out, or may God have mercy on your miserable hides! MISERABLE HIDES!!!

#13 | Back to Top12-23-2007 07:53:13 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

XHelios6 wrote:

My Christmas Vac starts today, so I should have the rest of part two done by the weekend. I already have some of part three started, so think of that as my Christmas gift to all of you if I get it finsihed before the 25th. Of course, if I do get part three done by Christmas, it can count as a gift of accomplishment for my brithday on Tuesday, not to sound egotistical. Tell me what you think of the story so far. Because if not then I won't give you that pony you've always wanted for Christmas and that means a trip to the glue factory for old Thunder.

Looks like the rest of part two would have to be the Christmas gift. Sorry if any of you are disappointed. Merry Christmas Eve Eve.

#14 | Back to Top12-25-2007 05:25:50 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Merry Christmas everyone! I haven't had time to finish part two, so it'll be done sometime this week. Enjoy the rest of the holiday!

#15 | Back to Top01-11-2008 06:54:40 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Updating time! Linda Danvers, Nancy Thompson, and the Anne Rice characters are GONE! Now I'm going to be using Dolls by Yumiko Kawahara, the Twilight Zone, and Bizenghast for Celia's part, Gargoyles as a world in KH, and you might want to pick up Green Lantern #25 if you want to understand the future parts of Ebony's section. IT'S OVER! Oh, and maybe Gothic Sports if I can get Vol. 3. NOW IT'S OVER!

#16 | Back to Top01-14-2008 05:56:02 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Just added the first half of part two to fanfiction.net! It's the second chapter of the original post, Virtual Star Embryology, under M in Anime X-Overs. Look it up, and may someone please review. Being an author is no fun if you can't listen to people mouth off how bad your work is.

Oh, and did anyone check out my brother's fanfic, 21st Century, the one with Nemuro and Tokiko? It's pretty good, actually.

Last edited by XHelios6 (01-14-2008 05:59:39 PM)

#17 | Back to Top01-23-2008 02:56:55 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Updated Character Guide to include the Rose Brides. Only two at the moment.

#18 | Back to Top01-23-2008 07:36:41 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Someone reviewed VSE on fanfiction.net!emot-dance Oh and because part two is taking so long, here's a clip of part three

Gold:
Did you have to say that about Professor Snape's hair?

Nicole:
You were the one who made that comment about his mother being a, what was it again?

Gold <embarrassed>:
A dried up mattress.

Nicole:
Good one.

#19 | Back to Top01-23-2008 08:43:05 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

XHelios6 wrote:

Someone reviewed VSE on fanfiction.net!emot-dance

Cool! I don't really follow the story (got enough with fanfic submissions here) but I'm glad to see you're getting reviews elsewhere! I hope it was a good one.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#20 | Back to Top01-23-2008 10:33:32 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Re-updated the character guide again, now the Shadow Girls are added.

#21 | Back to Top01-25-2008 05:29:06 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

There's now a section for the Villain Duelists and their Rose Brides in the character section.

#22 | Back to Top01-26-2008 11:33:59 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Yay!!! I finally finished part two and posted the rest of it. Tell me what you think, and yes, it is supposed to be melodramatic. I'm going to post some of part three right now! WHOO HOO! emot-dance

#23 | Back to Top01-27-2008 02:31:39 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

posted more of part three, which explains what the title means. Also, I might post part zero today, if I feel like it.

#24 | Back to Top02-04-2008 12:43:26 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

I don't think I'll be using Kingdom Hearts anymore in my story. There are so many avenues to travel to in the Marvel Universe, but I'll think more about it later.

#25 | Back to Top02-16-2008 01:46:31 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Guess who's back! No, I wasn't dead. I've been handcuffed to a radiator next to a traffic cone named Kyle for the last few weeks. Anyway, I've posted more of Frog and the Snake. Read and review, or one of you'll be spending some time with Kyle.

Board footer