This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-01-2008 12:10:52 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Request thread

This idea came to me when I was reading the Commissions thread in IFD. I think I'm not the only one who has wished there were certain fanworks of something but no one has yet to make them. So here's your chance to do something about it!

In this thread you post your fanart/fanfiction/AMV requests. Anyone reading this thread can fill those requests, it doesn't matter who does them. With that being said, I realise it's not possible to fill all the requests but I'm hoping that at least some of them get done.

It's easier to fill the requests if you're as specific as possible, so here are some things to consider:
Do I want a fanfic, fanart or AMV (or maybe it doesn't even matter)? What characters/pairings should there be? What about the setting/background? Should it be work-safe or not? etc., you get the picture. (I could write decent guidelines but I'm not sure how this idea will be received, so that can be done later in any case).

The point of this thread is to get more activity within the fandom. emot-dance I know there are lots of creative people here!
Any feedback about this thread is more than welcome! Maybe someone has better ideas how this could be done.

Last edited by Maarika (07-01-2008 12:11:33 AM)

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#2 | Back to Top07-01-2008 12:40:22 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Request thread

More activity in the fandom means more stuff in the fandom section. I approve of this, and would like to request pictures of Touga. cool

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top07-01-2008 10:50:04 AM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I always wanted a to see a fan art that has Kozue taunting Juri with her locket. Perhaps she's sitting up on a a stone wall in  garden and the locket is dangling from her hands just out of Juri's reach.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#4 | Back to Top07-01-2008 10:55:38 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

Sajonji watching Touga under the shower. emot-redface

#5 | Back to Top07-01-2008 03:40:02 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

I may not be good at doing fanart myself, but I'd like to make a request...

Juri and Miki playing chess.  Juri's move.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#6 | Back to Top07-01-2008 04:34:26 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

i want more Mikage x Mamiya!  as well as more Juri+Ruka, Juri+Miki, Juri+Nanami, Juri+Ruka+Miki, Juri+Miki+Nanami, etc.
maybe Shiori with a harem of Juri, Movie Juri, Manga Juri, and Movie Manga Juri.

#7 | Back to Top07-01-2008 04:40:24 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Touga and Akio dressed in aristocratic clothing.

mmmmmm frilly shirts and lacy cravats....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#8 | Back to Top07-02-2008 10:06:47 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

Seconded! But please, no hat for Touga. He's not a hat man. Akio could pimp a hat big time, though.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top07-02-2008 10:11:43 PM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

Yasha wrote:

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

Seconded! But please, no hat for Touga. He's not a hat man. Akio could pimp a hat big time, though.

Actually, I don't see Akio as a big hat-man.

Except maybe a top-hat to go with a black tailed tuxedo. Tie his hair back with a red ribbon... etc-wankgirl

#10 | Back to Top07-02-2008 11:37:58 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I have only seen it once before, but I want to see either Akio x Miki or Puppeteer!Akio influencing Kozue x Miki. Akio has influence over every member of the Seitokai, and Miki should not be any exception. I'd love to see this, no matter how disturbing. emot-gonk etc-love

#11 | Back to Top07-03-2008 12:02:24 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I would like more Kozue art. Specifically Kozue/Nanami, Kozue/Kanae, or Kozue/Shiori. All good options. etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#12 | Back to Top07-03-2008 02:07:54 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Himeohji Kagaya wrote:

i want more Mikage x Mamiya!

Are we talking pictures or fic? Because pictures are a no-go with me, but I would be up for writing something. I always etc-love me some Mikage/Mamiya, there's never been enough of it to soothe my kink. emot-biggrin

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#13 | Back to Top07-05-2008 02:17:46 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

A fan art of movie!Shiori and movie!Touga.

Sensual and in a dramatic bedroom scene, but not explicit please.

Thank you. etc-love

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#14 | Back to Top07-05-2008 02:35:27 PM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

I may not be good at doing fanart myself, but I'd like to make a request...

Juri and Miki playing chess.  Juri's move.

sounds like something I could try ._o

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#15 | Back to Top07-07-2008 01:55:32 AM

FencingCaptain
Rose Smilee
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

I'll see about that one of these days. ^_^

Seitokaichou wrote:

A fan art of movie!Shiori and movie!Touga. Sensual and in a dramatic bedroom scene, but not explicit please.

Thank you. <3

On it. I'll show you the initial concept when I drop by.

Well, as soon as I finish the Touga x Ruka piece I'm currently working on.
And the chevalier de rose/Juri x Ruka x Shiori one too. ^_^
And, and... why am I swamped with unfinished pieces?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/juri_senpai/public/d-kyoukasuigetsusig.jpg

#16 | Back to Top07-07-2008 02:26:07 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

FencingCaptain wrote:

On it. I'll show you the initial concept when I drop by.

Thank you very much! We'll discuss about the payment when you swing by my place tonight.

And, and... why am I swamped with unfinished pieces?

Because you're a stick-in-the-mud? *snerks*

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#17 | Back to Top07-07-2008 02:44:53 AM

FencingCaptain
Rose Smilee
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

...We'll discuss about the payment when you swing by my place tonight.

So it's going to be a commission? That's nice. *grins*
Regular tablet or canvas? Just ready your specifications so I can give you a rough sum.

And if you're having any commissions made, stop calling me... that. >.<

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/juri_senpai/public/d-kyoukasuigetsusig.jpg

#18 | Back to Top07-07-2008 04:07:46 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Whichever you prefer, stick-in-the-mud. *snerks* etc-love

#19 | Back to Top07-07-2008 06:07:57 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I must request real!Mamiya and Anthy!Mamiya together in languid SKU fashion, possibly shirtless for the, er, lulz.

Multiple interpretations of this would be sweet. I can think of so many ways it could go.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#20 | Back to Top07-07-2008 12:39:53 PM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

i just started with the chess-picture... and for now, it's just a crappy sketch emot-keke; (but I didn't use a ruler or such, forgive me. I will overwork it, since miki needs a LOT of pencil-surgery XDDD)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/chess_sketch.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#21 | Back to Top07-07-2008 01:26:52 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Clarice wrote:

Himeohji Kagaya wrote:

i want more Mikage x Mamiya!

Are we talking pictures or fic? Because pictures are a no-go with me, but I would be up for writing something. I always etc-love me some Mikage/Mamiya, there's never been enough of it to soothe my kink. emot-biggrin

i know, right?  fic would be great; i'd definitely read it.  etc-loveetc-love

#22 | Back to Top07-07-2008 03:38:55 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

beautifulpanther wrote:

i just started with the chess-picture... and for now, it's just a crappy sketch emot-keke; (but I didn't use a ruler or such, forgive me. I will overwork it, since miki needs a LOT of pencil-surgery XDDD)

Nice start!  It'll be neat to see how it progresses.

Juri and Miki are still my favorite pair.  Obviously they're not a romantic couple, but more of an intellectual one.  I can totally see them doing something like playing chess to while away the hours during student council meetings. emot-wink

Thanks bp!  Glad someone liked my idea amidst all the more, um, suggestive ... suggestions? emot-biggrin

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (07-07-2008 03:41:06 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#23 | Back to Top07-07-2008 09:05:01 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Juri and Miki are still my favorite pair.  Obviously they're not a romantic couple, but more of an intellectual one.

Hi! It's nice to hear that you're a fan of that pair. I wish to share a fic I wrote long time ago, but because it was written for a challenge and therefore has smut despite the intellectual exchange, I'm not sure if you'd like to read it. If it's all right though, I'll post it on my thread Fanfics: Sharing A Few Drabbles. *smiles*

#24 | Back to Top07-08-2008 04:31:20 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Juri and Miki are still my favorite pair.  Obviously they're not a romantic couple, but more of an intellectual one.

Hi! It's nice to hear that you're a fan of that pair. I wish to share a fic I wrote long time ago, but because it was written for a challenge and therefore has smut despite the intellectual exchange, I'm not sure if you'd like to read it. If it's all right though, I'll post it on my thread Fanfics: Sharing A Few Drabbles. *smiles*

As much as Juri and anything with a penis usually makes me want to break out in hives, I will most definitely read this.  And I like the chess picture too, while I'm here.

Also, my own request.  Nanami X Tsuwabuki fanfiction or fanart, worksafe or otherwise.  Because Mitsuru...needs to become an adult.school-devil

#25 | Back to Top07-08-2008 05:58:39 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

Go right ahead and post!  I'm sure there are plenty of others who would also be interested in reading.

In one respect, I agree with Megu... if Juri is going to be emotionally involved with anyone, it has to be Shiori.  I find that pair to be incredibly dynamic and tortured, and that's why I like them! emot-keke

Board footer