This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top05-28-2010 02:04:34 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Re: vIRGin meetups

I would be more than happy to smuggle you over the border in the back of my truck, my exquisite skankface. You just gotta bring the secret supply of premium Canadian maple syrup with you. Shit fucks you up GOOD.

Eh. I hear that all the time. Stick some moaning in there just to confirm your identity.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#27 | Back to Top05-28-2010 02:31:17 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

My dear, I promise I will bring you the finest maple syrup money can buy. In fact, we even make maple syrup whiskey here, as satyr can attest (I know you have a pic, satyr, post it!). I'll lay in a stock of both the next time I'm heading thataway emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#28 | Back to Top05-28-2010 11:44:34 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/Edmonton056.jpg
Yasha, if you do cross the border in Kat'z truck, you damn well better smuggle in some of this authentic Canadian cuisine.

I'm totally photodumping here, since my April trip to Edmonton to hang out with Syora and Yasha definitely qualifies as a vIRGin meetup!  emot-dance

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/Edmonton046-bleep.jpg
Syora's cat, the famous Colonel Mustard.  (Let it be known for posterity that he did it in the Living Room with the Claws.)  I had to edit his tag to post this picture.  I ultimately decided on blurring out the phone number, but it was a close decision between that or adding "For a good time call" to the top.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/Edmonton032.jpg
Sometimes pictures tell a story.  This one tells a story about Elk Island National Park.  The hiking path was littered with scenes like this one.  Also, wildlife tracks!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/Edmonton051.jpg
I got to see bright sun and cascading rain during my time in Edmonton, but the week closed out with what you see above.  I'm such a Florida boy, but this kind of aesthetic experience melts me inside.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/Edmonton011.jpg
The only picture I have of me and Syora.  (I didn't even think to snap Yasha. emot-gonk)  The tableau behind us is Elk Island again.

#29 | Back to Top05-28-2010 12:11:59 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

That colonel mustard really does look pensive there...

Oh, and you're probably thinking of Hollow Rose, she's in Ohio somewhere. I haven't heard from her in some time though. emot-frown

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#30 | Back to Top05-28-2010 04:28:01 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Stormcrow wrote:

That colonel mustard really does look pensive there...

Oh, and you're probably thinking of Hollow Rose, she's in Ohio somewhere. I haven't heard from her in some time though. emot-frown

That's it! It was on the tip of my mind and I just couldn't quite get it out. Back before the NYC Rose Con we'd discussed her coming to Indy to travel with us because she was concerned about traveling by herself for the first time.

I think. I may just be dreaming things up--it was during the first Mafia game, I wasn't sleeping much. :p

#31 | Back to Top05-29-2010 05:36:49 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

satyreyes wrote:

(I didn't even think to snap Yasha. emot-gonk)

Shush, you. I wasn't exactly at my best anyway, probably wouldn't have let you. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#32 | Back to Top07-10-2010 09:18:24 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

So I'm guessing that this isn't gonna be at all viable, but I'm heading down to Sarasota on the 24th and will be staying with a friend through the 30th. I won't be able to drive anywhere at all and will be super poor and all those other youthful goodies, but if there was one day that week that anybody was in the area or willing to just hang/geek out, I would so, so, SO be up for it.

That said, Florida's a huge state and I have no clue how far all y'all are away from Sarasota. So... any takers? emot-tongue

Last edited by NajiMinkin (07-10-2010 09:19:38 PM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#33 | Back to Top07-10-2010 09:37:05 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

So I'm guessing that this isn't gonna be at all viable, but I'm heading down to Sarasota on the 24th and will be staying with a friend through the 30th. I won't be able to drive anywhere at all and will be super poor and all those other youthful goodies, but if there was one day that week that anybody was in the area or willing to just hang/geek out, I would so, so, SO be up for it.

That said, Florida's a huge state and I have no clue how far all y'all are away from Sarasota. So... any takers? emot-tongue

I'm only an hour-ish away from Sarasota, and towards the end of the month I will be at almost complete liberty.  I'd love to come down for an afternoon, if you and your friend can put up with my general social awkwardness emot-smile

** MAP OF FLORIDA **

N          |     O     |
     \|/          |T           \
  <---->       |S     []    |
     /|\           \      []    |
      v             \         M|
                      \_____/

Key: O = Orlando; T = Tampa; S = Sarasota; M = Miami; [] = Lake Okeechobee
Scale: 1 mm = whatever

Last edited by satyreyes (07-10-2010 09:41:16 PM)

#34 | Back to Top07-10-2010 09:47:40 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

While you would probably just be socializing with yours truly as said friend is a bum with a job, I would totally love to engage in some mutual social awkwardness with you!

Nice map, by the way. emot-biggrin You have quite beauteous lakes down there.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#35 | Back to Top07-10-2010 09:54:29 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

Nice map, by the way. emot-biggrin You have quite beauteous lakes down there.

<-- totally has never been to Lake Okeechobee!  emot-redface

I'll send you a PM.  Anyone else want to come?  emot-dance

#36 | Back to Top07-15-2010 05:54:28 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Katzenklavier wrote:

Do you hate Twilight? Have you ever wanted to see the places that have inspired this abomination? That also coincidentally (of course) is the setting for a fuckload of other vampire stories? Would you like to throw some stones at fans who suddenly worship our natural pastiness? Then come visit me in the Pacific Northwest! I'll imprison you and stick you in my basement! It'll be oodles of illegal fun!

Stephanie Meyer is from Phoenix.

Just sayin.

#37 | Back to Top07-15-2010 09:16:26 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Katzenklavier wrote:

Do you hate Twilight? Have you ever wanted to see the places that have inspired this abomination? That also coincidentally (of course) is the setting for a fuckload of other vampire stories? Would you like to throw some stones at fans who suddenly worship our natural pastiness? Then come visit me in the Pacific Northwest! I'll imprison you and stick you in my basement! It'll be oodles of illegal fun!

I'm out west once a year, usually in October-November. This time I'm scheduled for a week in Portland, early Nov. I may just take you up on the offer -some delinquency in other states is requisite on vacations, I feel. emot-keke

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#38 | Back to Top07-16-2010 12:54:34 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I know some people who were in the same Mormon burrough (or whatever you call it) as Meyer.

Shit was so cash. emot-frown

#39 | Back to Top10-26-2010 11:22:11 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Anime USA!!!

Who all is going?! I would love to have an IRG meet up - I'm going all 3 days! Also anyone who lives in Alexandria - does anyone know of somewhere good to stay at while my brother gets in town? He's coming from San Diego and will arrive later than me to the con.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#40 | Back to Top10-29-2010 02:52:26 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Mocha: I'm out west once a year, usually in October-November. This time I'm scheduled for a week in Portland, early Nov. I may just take you up on the offer -some delinquency in other states is requisite on vacations, I feel.

Portland is a most wonderful place for debauchery - as I'm sure you're well-aware. Have you ever been to Redcap/Boxxes? It's a magnificent combined gay bar/club with a fair share of both class and modernity. Unfortunately, my beloved sapphic dive bar is soon to close. If it still happens to be open, the Egyptian is a must. Let me know when if you're in town and would like to chill. emot-kekeemot-biggrinemot-dance

Trench Kamen: Stephanie Meyer is from Phoenix.

Just sayin.

I know.

It shows. emot-rofl

Last edited by Katzenklavier (10-29-2010 02:53:44 AM)

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Board footer