This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-18-2008 08:54:07 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Colours Of The Forum

Yea....so I find a site and a make a thread. I thought it would be an interesting to make a thread that revolved around colours and their meanings and relations to members of the forum whether pyschologically, spiritually, religiously, physically or just in general. Test and Sites are more than welcome. And on that note I took the The Colour Test and I'm curious as to what the forums results will be and whether they consider them accurate or not.

#2 | Back to Top04-18-2008 09:07:40 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: Colours Of The Forum

It's what-the-hell accurate for me  emot-gonk

Last edited by Iris (04-18-2008 09:07:49 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#3 | Back to Top04-18-2008 09:17:17 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, I took the test, and I'm willing to post my results. Anything in italics is my commentary.

Your Existing Situation
Seeks to express the need for identification in a sensitive and intimate atmosphere where esthetic or emotional delicacy can be protected and nurtured.
Hmmm...not entirely sure about the ramifications of that...

Your Stress Sources
Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which he feels separates himself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. He therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on him and insists on being free and unhampered.
All that rings true, for the most part.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Believes that he is not receiving his share -- that he is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement.

Distressed by the obstacles with which he is faced and is in no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on him. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress him further.
The thing about emotional involvement is bullshit. And as for the second part...gee, I'm a fucking Aspie, you think that applies?!

Your Desired Objective
In despair and needs relief of some sort. Wants physical ease, a problem free security, and the chance to recover.
Hmmm...seems about right to me.

Your Actual Problem
Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.
Is that really true? I should ask Lady Lortab...

Your Actual Problem #2
The fear that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him into a relentless search for satisfaction in the pursuit of illusory or meaningless activities.
PSP? Check. Legos? Check. Computer and Internet? Check. Radical imagination? Double check. Sounds about right to me!

Seems pretty accurate to me. And this thing's been going on for ages, huh? Where the fuck was this when I was a kid?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#4 | Back to Top04-18-2008 11:49:08 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I am "Your Friend." Mwahahahahaha. emot-gonk

Your Friend's Existing Situation

Acts in an orderly, methodical, and self-contained manner. Needs the sympathetic understanding of someone who will give her recognition and approval.

Your Friend's Stress Sources

Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Your Friend's Restrained Characteristics

Willing to become emotionally involved as she feels rater isolated and alone. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, though she tries to avoid open conflict.

Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Friend's Desired Objective

Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand her fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Your Friend's Actual Problem

Takes a delight in action and wants to be respected and esteemed for her personal accomplishments.

...actually fairly accurate, although I laughed my ass off at the "live intensely" bit. OH MY GOD HOW APPROPRIATE ON A SKU FORUM. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#5 | Back to Top04-19-2008 12:02:50 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Your Existing Situation:
Needs, and insists on having, a close and understanding relationship, or at least some method of satisfying a compulsion to feel identified.
Your Stress Sources
Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads her to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.
Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity providing no turmoil or emotional agitation is involved.

Your Desired Objective
Unwilling to participate and wishes to avoid all forms of stimulation. Has had to put up with too much of a tiring or exhausting nature and now desires protection and noninvolvement

Your Actual Problem
Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of her hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. She tries to escape from this by withdrawing and protecting herself with an attitude of cautious reserve. Moody and depressed.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#6 | Back to Top04-19-2008 12:29:06 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Your Existing Situation
Attracted by anything new, modern, or intriguing. Liable to the bored by the humdrum, the ordinary, or the traditional.

Your Stress Sources
The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the rank and file. Her control of her sensual instincts restricts her ability to give herself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow herself to merge with another. This disturbs her, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; she feels that only by continued self-restraint can she hope to maintain her attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for herself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.

Distressed by the obstacles with which she is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on her. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress her further.

Becomes distressed when her needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that she has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Conditions are such that she will not let herself become intimately involved without making mental reservations.

Your Desired Objective

Needs a peaceful environment. Wants release from stress, and freedom from conflicts or disagreement. Takes pains to control the situation and its problems by proceeding cautiously. Has sensitivity of feeling and a fine eye for detail.

Your Actual Problem
Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

Your Actual Problem #2
Needs to achieve a stable and peaceful condition, enabling her to free herself of the worry that she may be prevented from achieving all the things she wants.

This is, like, freaky-accurate. It's very nearly distracting, because I'm working on an Utena snippet for the first time in ever and I can't stop brooding.

#7 | Back to Top04-19-2008 01:09:26 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

This is fucking scary. Honest to goodness, I laugh off most personality tests because I know how they work and that they're only accurate to a point. This one... well, I've heard most of these words come out of my mouth within the last couple of months. There are minor points that don't match up, but they are very minor.

Your Existing Situation
Seeks a close and understanding bond in an atmosphere of shared intimacy, as a protection against anxiety and conflict.

Your Stress Sources

Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Feels she is receiving less than her share, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation.

Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.

Ha. Ha. Ha. That's been the story of my life for the last ten years. All of my relationships have been touched by this in some way, though not all of them are completely subject to it.

I've never talked about it before, really, unless it was with Gio.

Wants to broaden her fields of activity and insists that her hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that she may be prevented from doing what she wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore her confidence.

Your Desired Objective

Demands that ideas and emotions shall merge and blend perfectly. Refuses to make any concessions or to accept any compromises.

Your Actual Problem
The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for herself--has become imperative. She reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#8 | Back to Top04-19-2008 07:14:13 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

I saved my result yesterday and when I looked up them today, there was nothing but a unintelligble spray of html, suffice to say I had the dissatisfying task of untangling it all. I don't know what headers they fall under, or if they're all here but here's mine:

Uneasy and insecure in the existing situation. Needs greater security and a more affectionate environment, or a situation imposing less physical strain.

Remains emotionally unattached even when involved in a close relationship.The situation is preventing her from establishing herself, but she feels she must make the best of things as they are.Becomes distressed when her needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that she has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Needs a way of escape from all that oppresses her and is clinging to vague and illusory hopes.

Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

Now I have the fun of reading all of yours like the voyuer I am. Interesting to see how accurate it is isn't it.

#9 | Back to Top04-19-2008 08:59:38 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

What the hell. I should have been getting ready for work, but it's hard for me to resist fluffy personality tests...this one was mostly pretty accurate, but a little off-key for me.

Your Existing Situation
Relatively inactive and in a static condition, while conflict of one sort or another prevents peace of mind. Unable to achieve relationships of the desired degree of mutual affection and understanding.

This isn't far off, though the conflict is pretty recent. The second sentence applies to about 90% of the population I think.

Your Stress Sources
Resists any form of pressure from others and insists on his independence as an individual. Wants to make up his own mind without interference, to draw his own conclusions and arrive at his own decisions. Detests uniformity and mediocrity. As he wants to be regarded as one who gives authoritative opinions, he find it difficult to admit to being wrong, while at times he is reluctant to accept or understand another's point of view.

Well, this has been known to happen, but I would hardly call it a major source of stress in my life. In fact, I enjoy a  little argument, and I also kind of like giving in to peer pressure...well to be precise, I think I enjoy receiving peer pressure.

Unhappy at the resistance he feels whenever he tries to assert himself. However, he believes that there is little he can do and that he must make the best of the situation.

Clings to his belief that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to his choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

OK, I'll cop to these. Again, I think they apply to a lot of people, but they certainly do describe my frustration in recent relationships. That last sentence is far more true than most people that know me would think.

Your Desired Objective
Longs for sensitive and sympathetic understanding and wants to protect himself against argument, conflict, or any exhausting stresses.

Again, describes me very well, but who doesn't desire these things? Actually, truth be told, conflict doesn't really scare me that much. But then, I rarely genuinely argue with anyone so...

Your Actual Problem
Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality, and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. Tries to emulate the characteristics he admires and to display originality in his own personality.

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of his freedom to act, and to decide for himself by the exercise of great personal charm in his dealings with others.

How is that first sentence a problem? I see that as one of my better traits. The second sentence is more of an issue, though I have to say it describes me very well indeed. And yeah, the last one is dead on...still not 100% sure it's a problem though.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#10 | Back to Top04-19-2008 11:44:06 AM

Dematrah
Ruthless Deflorist

Your Existing Situation wrote:

Acts calmly, with the minimum of upset, in order to handle existing relationships. Likes to feel relaxed and at ease with her associates and those close to [her].

True so far.

Your Stress Sources wrote:

Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and of separation from others. Believes that life still has far more to offer and that she may miss her share of experiences if she fails to make the best use of every opportunity. She therefore pursues her objectives with a fierce intensity and commits herself deeply and readily. Feels herself to be completely competent in any field in which she engages, and can sometimes be considered by others to be interfering or meddlesome.

First three sentences are true. That last one, no.

Your Restrained Characteristics wrote:

Feels that she is burdened with more than her fair share of problems. However, she sticks to her goals and tries to overcome her difficulties by being flexible and accommodating.

Very exacting in the standards she applies to her choice of a partner and seeking a rather unrealistic perfection in her sex life.

Yes, and yes. ...wait, unrealistic? Perfection? ...what? I do have high standards, but I don't see how they're unrealistic.

Your Desired Objective wrote:

Takes easily and quickly to anything which provides stimulation. Preoccupied with things of an intensely exciting nature, whether erotically stimulating or otherwise. Wants to be regarded as an exciting and interesting personality with an altogether charming and impressive influence on others. Uses tactics cleverly so as to avoid endangering her chances of success or undermined others' confidence in herself.

But...I really don't care what people think. I'm out there being me and don't give two shits about impressions.

Your Actual Problem wrote:

Has a fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants. This leads her to employ great personal charm in her dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for her to reach her objectives.

I am capable of reaching my goddamn objectives and get the things I want without charming others.

Your Actual Problem #2 wrote:

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of her freedom to act, and to decide for herself by the exercise of great personal charm in her dealings with others.

What is with the "charm" thing? o_O

"We want beans, not goals." - Anon.

#11 | Back to Top04-19-2008 12:25:16 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Your Existing Situation
Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

Your Stress Sources
The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to her self-sufficiency because of the restraint she normally imposes on herself. Since she wants to demonstrate the unique quality of her own character, she tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal her fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize her behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference she really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

Feels she is receiving less than her share, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation.
Feels that she is burdened with more than her fair share of problems. However, she sticks to her goals and tries to overcome her difficulties by being flexible and accommodating.

Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which she can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful.

Your Actual Problem
Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

Your Actual Problem #2
Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of her hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. She is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting her from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#12 | Back to Top04-19-2008 01:02:16 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Your Existing Situation
Authoritative or in a position of authority, but liable to feel that further progress is rendered problematical by existing difficulties. Perseveres despite opposition.

(I think this whole test was thrown off for me simply because I like purple a lot.)

Your Stress Sources
Resists any form of pressure from others and insists on his independence as an individual. Wants to make up his own mind without interference, to draw his own conclusions and arrive at his own decisions. Detests uniformity and mediocrity. As he wants to be regarded as one who gives authoritative opinions, he find it difficult to admit to being wrong, while at times he is reluctant to accept or understand another's point of view.

(I ought to identitfy with Utena more than I do.)

Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.
Clings to his belief that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to his choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

(I think I've already lost my grip on unrealistic hopes and ideas.)

Your Desired Objective
Longs for a tender and sympathetic bond and for a situation of idealized harmony. Has an imperative need for tenderness and affection. Susceptible to anything esthetic. 

Your Actual Problem
Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality, and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. Tries to emulate the characteristics he admires and to display originality in his own personality.

Your Actual Problem #2
Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of his freedom to act, and to decide for himself by the exercise of great personal charm in his dealings with others.

(As if emulating originality wasn't a contradiction in and of itself, I'm not even the first person to get that result. emot-frown )

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#13 | Back to Top04-19-2008 02:31:46 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I definately found this test to be accurate. And perhaps because of that, a little depressing.

Your Existing Situation
Needs warm companionship, but is intolerant of anything short of special consideration from those close to her. If this is not forthcoming, is liable to shut herself away from them.

Your Stress Sources
The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to her self-sufficiency because of the restraint she normally imposes on herself. Since she wants to demonstrate the unique quality of her own character, she tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal her fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize her behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference she really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

Ugh. From this point on it keeps giving me that stupid "this page can not be displayed" crap. I took the fucking test THREE TIMES and still couldn't pass this point.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#14 | Back to Top04-19-2008 03:26:16 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Your Existing Situation

Sensitive; needs esthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm intimacy.

I guess this is accurate. The esthetic, yes, intimacy... I don't know. I'm not a very intimate person.

Your Stress Sources

Feels that life must yield more than it is and that her hopes and desires must somehow be realized--that they must be granted in their entirety. The existing uncertainty causes considerable worry and she is tensely on her guard against missing any opportunity. Anxious to avoid further setbacks, and loss of standing or prestige. Tries to make sure that she will not be overlooked and badly needs security.

The last line is completely me... Actually, this whole paragraph fits too well. I know I'm very idealistic, and obsessive over small, unimportant things. It's uncomfortable how close this hits home. emot-frown

Circumstances are restrictive and hampering, forcing her to forgo all joys and pleasures for the time being.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity providing no turmoil or emotional agitation is involved.

Hahaha, no comment.

Your Desired Objective

Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of her or if she is not given adequate acknowledgment.

More accurate than I'd like to admit.

Your Actual Problem

Afraid that she may be prevented from achieving the things she wants and therefore demands that others should recognize her right to them.

Again, this is true.

Your Actual Problem #2

Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position.

Like Dollface said, it's depressing how true these results are. But it's me all over - anxious and foolhardy. Haha, maybe I should take a hint.

#15 | Back to Top04-19-2008 03:52:03 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

OK, let's see how I did...

Your Existing Situation
Having difficulty in making progress. Despite the attempt to conceal impulsiveness, his activities lead to problems and uncertainties, making him tense and irritable.

Hmm.. kinda, but I hardly see myself as irritable.

Your Stress Sources
Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads him to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

Again kinda... it's not totally off, but i can't say I identify 100% with it either...

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all except those very close to him.

Circumstances force him to compromise and to forgo some pleasures for the time being. Capable of achieving physical satisfaction through sexual activity.

If they say so, I suppose...  The part I bolded I can easily agree with.

Your Desired Objective

Needs a peaceful environment. Wants release from stress, and freedom from conflicts or disagreement. Takes pains to control the situation and its problems by proceeding cautiously. Has sensitivity of feeling and a fine eye for detail.

Yes, I believe this is true.

Your Actual Problem
Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of his hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. He is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting him from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

I guess I'll buy that too... though I've yet to be in anything resembling a peaceful and harmonious relationship, let alone any relationship (of any depth, which is what I assume they're getting at here) at all...
emot-tongue

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (04-20-2008 01:44:59 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#16 | Back to Top04-19-2008 04:16:15 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

This damned thing is accurate to the point of being terrifying. I'm not kidding, I'm about ready to cry because it's figured me out faster and better than anyone in my life, family included.

Your Existing Situation
Not only considers her demands minimal, but also regards them as imperative. Sticks to them stubbornly and will concede nothing

Your Stress Sources

Distressed by the obstacles with which she is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on her. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress her further.

Your Desired Objective
Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which she can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful

Your Actual Problem

Your Actual Problem #2
Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of her hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. She is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting her from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#17 | Back to Top04-19-2008 04:27:13 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but...these personality analyses all look a lot the same to me...

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#18 | Back to Top04-19-2008 05:16:44 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I think they have certain paragraphs matching with each combination of colors. Even if these seem scarily accurate, luckily none of us can fit perfectly into these psychological profiles. emot-smile People don't fit into boxes.

#19 | Back to Top04-19-2008 10:00:51 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Well, he I am with my turn around the personality test train.

Your Existing Situation
Volatile and outgoing. Needs to feel that events are developing along desired lines, otherwise irritation can lead to changeability or superficial activities.
Internet abuse, internet abuse and more internet abuse. And buying games I'm not playing...

Your Stress Sources
Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. Her control of her sensual instincts restricts her ability to give herself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow herself to merge with another. This disturbs her. as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; she feels that only by continued self-restraint can she hope to maintain her attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for herself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.
God where do I start. Uppity negro complex, I am completely terrified that I am willing to revise all of my views for a single man no less. I very rarely have full on orgasms, I would sooner be hated for being me than no being known for what I am, but I constantly want people to talk to me and want to be around me and tell me how good I am, even though I really can't take a compliment too well

Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.
Feels that she cannot do much about her existing problems and difficulties and that she must make the best of things as they are. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.
Insists that her goals and realistic and sticks obstinately to them, even though circumstances are forcing her to compromise. Very exacting in the standards she applies to her choice of a partner.
I might as well be Jewish, because everytime there is an advancement period at my job I get passed over. I want to go to the Art Institute full time, but there is no way I am going to be able to swing it so I made up my mind (this morning humorously enough) to take it one class at time and swallow my pride. Also, while I have difficulty orgasming, I love to make my boyfriend climax. It makes me happy emot-smile

Your Desired Objective
Needs to feel identified with someone or something and wishes to win support by her charm and amiability. Sentimental and yearns for a romantic tenderness.
I want to be that person that is loved for their honesty, for ill or naught. And I wouldn't mind marrying Hamilton.

Your Actual Problem
Has a fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants. This leads her to employ great personal charm in her dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for her to reach her objectives.
I want to be a comic book artist and shake the african-american community to it's knees by my lack of caring about representing the black community

Your Actual Problem #2
Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality, and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. Tries to emulate the characteristics she admires and to display originality in her own personality.
I want to have locs. I think are wonderful when they are done right. And I seem to be developing a very openly sarcastic bend inspired by most of the girls I know.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#20 | Back to Top04-19-2008 10:18:42 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but...these personality analyses all look a lot the same to me...

There's only a set number of sentences that are used in them. The combination of colors you choose (and possibly the amount of time it takes, I don't know) determine which sentences you get. You're probably recognizing the sentences and noticing that they're the same, but it's the different combinations of them that matter.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#21 | Back to Top04-20-2008 12:20:35 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm wowed by this thing's accuracy.  Could be the horoscope effect -- it's general enough that a lot of it probably applies to a lot of people -- but mine definitely describes me better than most of your analyses describe me, which has to count for something.

Your Existing Situation

Unable to exert the effort to achieve his objectives. Feels neglected, desiring greater security, warm affection, and fewer problems.

Lack of motivation and a need to know I'll be safe and loved in the future are pretty much the problems that define my life right now.  "Feels neglected" is not quite right; "feels alone," perhaps.

Your Stress Sources

Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads him to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

Objectively, I have to say this is fair.  The big reason I'm not making a more active effort to embrace the job I have or find another one is that I'm scared that either will lead to disappointment.  I don't know how to make myself happier, so why bother trying until I do?  This is me at my worst, but it's a very accurate characterization of me at my worst.

Circumstances are forcing him to compromise, to restrain his demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things he wants.
Trying to calm down and unwind after a period of over-agitation which has left him listless and devoid of energy. In need of peace and quiet; becomes irritable if this is denied him.
Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all except those very close to him.

The least accurate portion.  I am compromising right now, but the only things I'm compromising are my unrealistic demands for a life of leisure.  I'm always trying to calm down, but I don't know what period of over-agitation I've gone through recently, apart from having had to work five hours a day for the last two years; if that counts as over-agitation, I'd hate to be someone with a nine-to-five job.  Being quick to take offense is definitely something I restrain, so that's a hit.  I don't think I conceal my sensitivity and sentimentality, though.

Your Desired Objective

Desires a conflict-free haven offering security and physical case. Is in need of considerate treatment and loving care. Fears the emptiness and solitude of separation.

Bingo.  I have those things in the present; the problem is that I want to know I'll have them in the future.  This is a spot-on description of where I want to be in ten years.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of his hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. He is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting him from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

Yes.  I feel very vulnerable, and part of me thinks that a relationship is the answer to that.  At the same time, though, what kind of a mindset is this to offer someone else?

So in short: wow; ouch; and how the hell do you do this with colors.

P.S.  Does anyone mind if I move this to IFD?  This stuff is intensely personal for all of us.

Last edited by satyreyes (04-20-2008 12:23:02 AM)

#22 | Back to Top04-20-2008 02:31:17 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Good idea, babe. Do it.

#23 | Back to Top04-20-2008 03:29:16 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

satyreyes wrote:

P.S.  Does anyone mind if I move this to IFD?  This stuff is intensely personal for all of us.

Yea, I wasn't sure which one to put it in, sorry about that emot-keke;;

Last edited by Coco Melancholy (04-20-2008 03:30:44 AM)

#24 | Back to Top04-20-2008 06:36:42 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Your Existing Situation
Attracted by anything new, modern, or intriguing. Liable to the bored by the humdrum, the ordinary, or the traditional

Your Stress Sources

Feels that she is receiving less than her share and that there is no one on who she can rely for sympathy and understanding. Pent-up emotions make her quick to take offense, but she realizes that she has to make the best of things as they are.

Your Desired Objective
Suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and is strongly resisting them. Just wants to be left in peace.

Your Actual Problem
The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for herself--has become imperative. She reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

#25 | Back to Top04-20-2008 07:23:35 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I love fluffy personality tests... even if most of them are just a study in the Barnum effect.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Board footer