This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-27-2006 10:29:03 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

[Lotus OOC] Utena RP Character Call Thread

So we're gonna be starting! But, before then, you guys need to submit characters emot-keke

Ok, so we need:

Five Duelists
An Engaged
A Rose Bride

The catch, though, is that one of the duelists becomes the Rose Bride (although, in this RP, its a Tulip Bride - it takes place in the Netherlands at Ohtori's sister school, after all). Akio has come to Ohtori's sister school (tentatively, St. de Roos Academy) in search of a new Rose Bride, and is manipulating the duelists towards these ends. Once a new bride is in place, though, everything goes forth towards trying to bring the world revolution.

Basically, it boils down to: if you are willing for your duelist to become the Tulip Bride, make sure to include that in your profile. Once a duelist becomes the Tulip Bride, other character no longer remember them ever having been a duelist before.

If you are a duelist, you need to have a minor character in mind for our Black Tulip Arc (y'know, our version of the Black Rose Arc), too.

As for minor characters in general, you may have up to two major-minor characters. As for extremely minor characters, there is no limit (just use your own judgement - don't overload yourself).

Anyway, here's the profile you should fill out, courtesy of Hinotori:

Name:
Desired roles [Rose Bride/Student Council/Secondary Character/etc]:
Ethnicity/Country of origin:
Physical Description (Should we ask to include photos here? A lot of RPs have the option for adding photos but I don't think it should be a stand alone thing. You'd probably be in a pretty bad way in an RP if you can't even come up with a detailed description of your physicality):
Biography (If you want to keep anything secret feel free to message one of us that information privately):
Special [Zodiac/Bloodtype/Relevant interests]:

Please fill this out and PM it to myself and Hinotori. You have until January 4th to do so - this gives you a full eight days, which should be plenty of time.

Also, you may post here a reply saying which type of character you are calling.

Have fun!

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#2 | Back to Top12-27-2006 10:32:55 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Re: [Lotus OOC] Utena RP Character Call Thread

Oooooooo.... I'm first!

And...

and...

and...

I want a secondary character.

I'd prefer to have a duelist to link to, so if there's a duelist there that wishes to work with my evil genius *smirks* drop me a PM and we'll talk.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#3 | Back to Top12-27-2006 11:04:22 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

I really want to be the rose bride!!!!!!

Name: Katya Kosovitch
Grade/Education Level: 2nd year of high school
Desired roles [Rose Bride/Student Council/Secondary Character/etc]: Student council member who becomes rose bride
Ethnicity/Country of origin: Russian
Physical Description (Should we ask to include photos here? A lot of RPs have the option for adding photos but I don't think it should be a stand alone thing. You'd probably be in a pretty bad way in an RP if you can't even come up with a detailed description of your physicality): Katya has a slender build, pale skin, light blonde hair, very deep green eyes, & she's about 5' 7".
Biography (If you want to keep anything secret feel free to message one of us that information privately):  Katya used to have an older brother, but he died in a terrible accident about three years before she went into high-school.  Ever since then she has been mostly withdrawn & submissive.  She is rather intellegent, but refuses to attend honors classes.  Mostly nobody notices her.  She also seems to attract mistfortune.  Generally people think of her as creepy, smart, & anti-social.
Special [Zodiac/Bloodtype/Relevant interests]: She is a Scorpio, doesn't know what her bloodtype is, & her interests are few and far apart.  Mostly she just enjoys drawing, dissecting creatures, & drawing dissections.  Like I said, creepy.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#4 | Back to Top12-27-2006 11:06:24 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Hahaha. Oops.

I made the mistake of making some of asking some questions about the form in the actual form, and I guess she didn't see that, so I'll clarify what the fuck's going on there.

Physical Description: As of right now I'm giving the OK to use photos in the physical description. It's fine for reference, but I don't want the physical description being solely a photo of Kagome you yanked off Google. Try to describe yourself a little as well.

And the Biography privacy part generally doesn't apply, since I decided to have the character stats PMed to me instead of straight posted here.

So without further ado, I present:

Stats! The Musical Adaptation based on Hinotori's Pulitzer-winning Novella wrote:

Name:
Grade/Education Level:
Desired roles [Rose Bride/Student Council/Secondary Character/etc]:
Ethnicity/Country of origin:
Physical Description:
Biography:
For GM use only (secret):

I'll abolish this space to post characters in once we get ready, so we can have them all on the front page.

Last edited by Hinotori (12-27-2006 11:22:38 PM)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#5 | Back to Top12-27-2006 11:07:02 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Ragnarok's Characters wrote:

Name: Leander Visser

Grade/Education Level: 11th Grade (or year... assuming those are the same)

Desired roles: Student Council (Akio duellist version)

Ethnicity/Country of origin: Dutch (South Holland)

Physical Description: He has violet eyes and burgundy hair terminating at his shoulders. He's quite tall, with a lean and athletic build. He wears a dark grazier/duster hat which he tucks his hair up into.

Reference for the hat: http://www.bestofdownunder.com/backhous … nhats.html

Biography: Leander has only been attending the school for a short time, around a year or so. He is a flirt to the point of being rediculous, but shies away from establishing genuine attachment to any 'objects of his affection,' including intmate physical contact. His family is nouveau riche and as a result he's found himself bumped up into a class level he's not entirely comfortable with. He is rarely seen without his hat, when not wearing it properly he secures it behind his head with a strand of red thread which has replaced the hat's normal chin strap.

Special [Zodiac/Bloodtype/Relevant interests]: He's on the school's swim team. The captain of it (or of one of them) if no one objects. Swimming is about the only time Leander will take his hat off, short of showering or sleeping.

Grade/Education Level: 12th

Desired roles: Secondary (Either on Student Council before Akio's arrival or a former member of it, if Akio has already established the dueling games.) Black Tulip Duellist material.

Ethnicity/Country of origin: Ireland born, she has spent the last 12 years in Amsterdam.

Physical Description: Long, full-bodied back hair which is almost impossibly unaffected by influences such as the wind. Green eyes, average height. She appears deceptively frail, with a pointed, angular face.

Biography: The daughter of an extremely wealthy Irish family, Bridget has spent two thirds of her life away from home studying business and refinement at the academy. Although she could have graduated the year previous, after learning Leander Visser would be attending the school her family arranged to have her remain and pursue university courses by correspondence. Once at the forefront of the school's social scene, for the past year she has made herself entirely available to Leander, attempting to get closer to him while her status has fallen apart in the wake of his indifference. Leander refers to Bridget as his big sister, although their relationship in no way resembles that paradigm.

Special [Zodiac/Bloodtype/Relevant interests]: Although rarely in charge of anything officially, she is a part of any and every social club the school has. The sudden stay at the school for an extra year, as well as chasing after Leander, has left her once reverred position a shell of its former self.

Last edited by Hinotori (12-28-2006 11:43:32 PM)

#6 | Back to Top12-27-2006 11:25:49 PM

A Day Without Me

Damn, updated character form! I used the old one. I'm posting it here, anyway, though.

Name: Adalet von Dresner
Grade/Education Level: 12th year
Desired roles: Student Council
Ethnicity/Country of origin: Germany, Turkish-German
Physical Description: darkish skin, same skintone as movie-Akio and Anthy; pale blue eyes, dark blonde hair, average height; she wears her hair in a simple braid which she lets hang over her shoulder
Biography: Adalet is a young lady of very few words, although given that she doesn't seem to say anything inconsequential, this does not seem to be a problem of any sort. She is cold, cruel, and somewhat abusive in her dealings with others, save for the young Alyosha (see below), whom she actually treats as a normal human being. Growing up she had trouble in Germany due to her biracial background (Turks are not treated very well in present-day Germany, so you can imagine the way a half Turk, half German would be treated). She did have a few friends among her peers, although the only other kid she was really close to was Orland (see below).
Special :

Name: Alyosha Sachenko (note: male)
Grade/Education Level: 6th year
Desired roles: secondary character
Ethnicity/Country of origin: Russia
Physical Description: very pale skin, pale purple eyes, brown hair, average height
Biography: Alyosha has been going to St. de Roos Academy since first grade, and often spends his summers in the dorms, too. He is almost always in the company of Adalet, and it is a rare occasion when he'll be seen alone. He is a mute, which only contributes to the fact that not much is known about him beyond the already stated. His classmates like him because they find his lack of ability to speak interesting, and they treat him kindly, taking his lack of any effort to nonverbally communicate with them in stride - he's sort of like a classroom mascot to them. It also helps that he is usually with a 12th year, specifically a 12th year on the student council, something that never ceases to awe his peers.
Special :

Name: Emestine Diedrich
Grade/Education Level: 8th year
Desired roles: secondary character, Black Tulip Duelist
Ethnicity/Country of origin: German
Physical Description: Quite short, looks a little younger than she actually is; black hair, pale skin, amber eyes; she wears her hair in two pigtails (pigtails which look like this: http://sjl-static14.sjl.youtube.com/vi/ … rIe8/3.jpg)
Biography: Orland's (see below) younger sister. She was five years old when he died. She appears at St. de Roos Academy completely geared up to go on a warpath. Personally, she is a bit abrasive and loud, and has a lot of unfocused anger which she tends to channel at anyone who is irritating her in the slightest at the moment. Once her anger has been settled a bit, though, she becomes a much more tolerable person.
Special :

Name: Orland Diedrich
Grade/Education Level: 6th year (at time of death)
Desired roles: secondary character
Ethnicity/Country of origin: German
Physical Description: Black hair, pale skin, amber eyes.
Biography: Emestine's elder, deceased brother. He never attended St. de Roos Academy, though. He died in a train wreck several years ago.
Special :

Last edited by A Day Without Me (12-28-2006 11:24:31 PM)

#7 | Back to Top12-27-2006 11:44:24 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Should I re-send my profile?

Or not...

#8 | Back to Top12-28-2006 12:34:01 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

hyacinth_black wrote:

Should I re-send my profile?

Or not...

It's cool. The only thing I really added was the gender and I know what gender your character will be so no issue there. I was mostly cleaning it up so people wouldn't be confused by my in-form rambling.

#9 | Back to Top12-28-2006 12:37:14 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

i havent quite poped up yet because i TOTALLY dont understand how forum RP works... can someone give me a quick overview on this to help me decide what the heck is going on here! emot-redface

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#10 | Back to Top12-28-2006 12:50:08 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

There are different ways to do it, but we're basically doing the simplest one right here.

We set out a vague background story and you guys create characters for thet background and type out what they do. We'll be guiding it along somewhat and we have a certain place we want this to go, but for the most part this'll be more colaborative fiction than a game with points and rules. We're going to set up the RP by making different threads for various rooms at the academy and you guys will do your thing in the thread where that's taking place.

In this post I suck at explaining things. I always suck at explaining things but hopefully you get the gist. This isn't going to be the same monkey as Marvel Superheroes (whihc looks like a lot of fun and I'd totally participate in if I thought I have time) but we hope it'll be pretty fun.

Last edited by Hinotori (12-28-2006 12:51:52 AM)

#11 | Back to Top12-28-2006 12:53:41 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

If angelicreation can run the marvel villain game and participate in this, I should be ok playing both fields too, I hope. I'll get a profile done tomorrow. emot-smile

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#12 | Back to Top12-28-2006 10:15:59 PM

A Day Without Me

Well, just to update all of you, we still need three more duelists, and an Engaged.

#13 | Back to Top12-28-2006 10:58:23 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Hi, this is my first post, but I really didn't want to miss out on this!

Name:  Lorai London
Grade/Education Level:  3rd level highschool, with college level art classes on the side
Desired roles [Rose Bride/Student Council/Secondary Character/etc]:  Engaged
Ethnicity/Country of origin:  US
Physical Description:  Long straight black hair, very slender with angular features, extremely pale skin that gives her a slightly sickly look.  Everything about her seems to radiate an alien lack of understanding.  Her eyes are grey and cold, the personification of apathy.  She's quite prone to wearing corsets and styles of gothic lolita, frills and tull being one of her best friends.
Biography:  Recently moved to Japan to live with her estranged uncle and aunt, who the family has not heard from in years, after the death of her parents through a accident that she doesn't talk much of, although it seems to have had little to no affect on her personality.  She was quoted saying on the day of their death "Oh... what a pitty.  I had made such a lovely cake for dinner." 
Deeply curious about anyone with a personality that's considered 'strange,' or 'creepy', this seems to be her main motive for wanting the Rose Bride's companionship. 
Blood type: AB
Zodiac:  Aquarius
Interests:  Art, strange people

Hope I got everything!

Last edited by Iris (12-28-2006 11:09:09 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#14 | Back to Top12-28-2006 11:15:06 PM

A Day Without Me

Iris wrote:

Hi, this is my first post, but I really didn't want to miss out on this!

Biography:  Recently moved to Japan to live with her estranged uncle and aunt, who the family has not heard from in years, after the death of her parents through a accident that she doesn't talk much of, although it seems to have had little to no affect on her personality.

Alright, you notice that I didn't quote the whole profile, but I just wanted to let you know that this RPG is actually taking place in the Netherlands at Ohtori's sister school, St. de Roos Academy - this isn't going to make a huge difference in your character, of course, but I wanted you to be aware regardless.

EDIT: Hey, look everyone! Its my 400th post! emot-keke

Last edited by A Day Without Me (12-28-2006 11:15:33 PM)

#15 | Back to Top12-28-2006 11:30:30 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Whoops, nope, makes no difference to my charecter.  Apparently I'm not being too observent today emot-mad

#16 | Back to Top12-29-2006 09:07:21 AM

A Day Without Me

Ok, so just to update:

We still need three more student council members!

And, of course, lovely little secondary characters emot-smile

#17 | Back to Top12-29-2006 10:27:23 AM

Levi
Wakaba Wrangler

Name: Seiji Aoyama
Grade/Education Level: 8th grade
Ethnicity/Country of origin: Portugal
Physical Description: Is pretty tall, about 6 feet. Weight: 150 Lbs. Has short blonde hair. His eyes are dark brown. His face is really serious looking. He is skinny. Eh, I really suck at describing people! emot-keke
Biography: Seiji's parents are really wealthy, and he has everything he wants. He still isn't happy though. His parents sent him off to St. de Roos? academy at age 10 hoping that it would change his attitude about life. It hasn't. He could as well be considered a pessimist. He is mostly quiet and shy, causing him to be an outcast from the school. His life was changed when he was chosen to be on the Student Council. Ever since then, he has tried find that one thing in the world that would make him happy.
Special: Seiji is really into tennis, altough he hides it. He also likes chemistry, as he takes it at the high school level.

Last edited by Levi (12-29-2006 10:35:28 AM)

#18 | Back to Top12-29-2006 07:33:48 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I call Council member!

And...

I'll make a character soon, I promise emot-frownemot-frownemot-frown

I keep falling asleep at the computer emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#19 | Back to Top12-29-2006 08:15:20 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

I'm gonna make a slight change to my character...

Name: Katya Kosovitch
Grade/Education Level: 2nd year of high school
Desired roles: Student council member who becomes rose bride
Ethnicity/Country of origin: Russian
Physical Description: Katya has a slender build, pale skin, light blonde hair, very deep green eyes, & she's about 5' 7".  If she lets her hair down, it goes to around her waist, but she tends to keep it in a tight ponytail.  Her eyes are very thin.
Biography:  Katya has an older brother who graduated from St. de Roos about three years ago.  He was immensely popular, but not much is known about his relationship with Katya.  It is presumed that she was very close to him, for she became very withdrawn after his graduation, but nothing is ever certain with Katya.  She is rather intellegent, but refuses to attend honors classes.  Mostly nobody notices her.  Katya seems to enjoy the misfortune of others & almost feeds off of it.  Generally people think of her as creepy, smart, & anti-social.  Became somewhat imfamous among her peers for strangling a wild rabbit when she was in middle school.  Rumour has it that she still carries the rabbit's paw in her school bag.
Special [Zodiac/Bloodtype/Relevant interests]: She is a Scorpio, doesn't know what her bloodtype is, & her interests are few and far apart.  Mostly she just enjoys drawing, dissecting creatures, & drawing dissections.  Like I said, creepy.  Falls head over heels in lust (lust, not love! BIG difference!) with Akio.

#20 | Back to Top12-29-2006 10:02:38 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Ragnarok's Characters wrote:

Name: Bridget MacNamara

Physical Description: Long, full-bodied back hair...

Dangit, all my hard work proof reading for nothing. She has black hair, not back hair. emot-gonk

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#21 | Back to Top12-30-2006 10:13:52 PM

A Day Without Me

Well, just wanted to make an update:

We need just one more Student Council member now!

I'd also like to make the recommendation that people who have a Student Council member but no minor character might want to think about coming up with one so that once the Black Tulip Arc rolls around you have a character who becomes a Black Tulip Duelist and steals the soul sword (lord, I hope that's the right term) from your duelist.

#22 | Back to Top12-31-2006 04:27:04 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Oh yeah! I want to be a Student Council member emot-biggrin
EDIT: Here the background

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/132/zacckyim5.jpg

Name:  Zacarias Melmoth
Grade/Education Level:  3rd level highschool.
Ethnicity/Country of origin:  United Kingdom
Physical Description: Red “fire” hair, he’s not so much tall about 1,75 m. Zacarias has a slender build and a pale skin, his eyes are brown. He has a strange facial expression, he seems always very tired, but only because he’s a cold and watchful person.
Biography:  Zacarias was a brilliant student in his previous school, he likes English and Oriental literature, he also knows japanese very  well. When he was 15, he meets a beautiful girl and he fall immediately in love, however when he entered in the Academy, he forgot the girl’s name. In the period when he was 15-16 he passed all time with this mysterious girl, but like a dream, he remember only little events of his youth. When he was finally 17, he received a letter from a prestigious school in Japan. No one knows what was written in that letter, but Zacarias decided to went immediately in the St. de Roos Academy.
Special: In his dormitory, in a strange room where no one except him can enter, he holds a rag sews doll with girl likeness(and human measure) in a bed. Everyday he puts a new rose in a vase in the bedside table of the doll.
Blood type: O
Zodiac:  Cancer
Interests:  Art, Fencing, Smart People

Last edited by Sey (01-16-2007 08:37:42 AM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#23 | Back to Top12-31-2006 11:31:09 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Okay, secondary charecter

Name:  Feather Lockly
Grade/Education Level:  Freshmen
Desired roles [Rose Bride/Student Council/Secondary Character/etc]:  None, ordinary student. 
Ethnicity/Country of origin:  Netherlands 
Physical Description:  Long blonde hair, very friendly and outgoing.  Truely wants everyone to be her friend, and doesn't understand people not liking her.  She always has a little puppy around with her named 'Death',
Biography:  Although she doesn't do very well in school, and doesn't always have the best social abilities, she tends to have a large group of girls around her that claim to be her friends, and seem to benifit off of her social status.  Her social status is a complete mystery, considering that most of the girl dislike her, but won't speak badly about her because they're afraid of being looked down upon.  Feather herself seems to have no clue about this one way or another, making no mention of liking their company or not.
Almost nothing can get her spirits down once she decides to do something, and is not easily disuaded.
Zodiac: Leo
Blood Type: B
Interests:  People, talking alot, and her puppy Death

Edit:  For Black Tulip

Last edited by Iris (01-09-2007 07:41:47 AM)

#24 | Back to Top01-01-2007 11:51:32 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Name: Serafima Gavrilli

Grade/Education Level: Grade 11... don't know how you Euros do it right off hand and can't look it up right now.

Desired roles: Student Council, would like Seitokaicho or Fukukaicho but I'm not hung up on it, willing to play the Rose Bride.

Ethnicity/Country of origin: Italy (you're gonna help me with this one, right Sey? *winks*)

Physical Description: Serafima is short with long, curly dark hair, pale skin, and dark eyes. Her uniform is always impeccable, and looks like it fits her better than most of the uniforms fit the students. She wears her hair loose, never wears any jewelry (except, of course, the ring... if there is one), and outside of school hours can usually be seen wearing a colorful gypsy style skirt and a peasant blouse that exposes rather more skin than her parents might be happy with. She's lean and works hard to keep her body well-muscled and strong-- and she has to, because she really enjoys food.

Biography: Serafima is the daughter of a philosopher and a psychologist. As a result, her education leans heavily toward those subjects. She's liable to drop the names or theories of prominent psychologists or philosophers into her conversation whenever she thinks it might be applicable. However, though her parents set her curriculum, she is not especially close to them in any other way; they are, and have always been, far too busy publishing papers to spend much time with their only child. Serafima's studies were her fruitless attempt to meet them on their own level. She spent most of her childhood with a friend, Amato Angiolo, though their friendship became strained when she hit puberty and disappeared entirely once her parents started sending her to boarding schools. Every so often, she writes him a letter, but she has never received one in return.

Those are things that your characters will not know about Serafima, but may come up in gameplay or be found out by people digging for information about her. She keeps her mouth shut about herself, preferring not to dwell on the past. She is friendly, outgoing, and genuinely likes the company of others. She seems well-respected and has a bit of a commanding (people who dislike her might say demanding) air about her. She's particularly friendly with the boys, and they're particularly friendly back, but there are never any rumors about her the way there are about some girls. She's cocky, a bit of a flirt, but you only need to scratch the surface lightly to see a warm and caring person. If she has any problems, she never talks about them, and she doesn't seem to have one or two close friends, but a larger circle of somewhat more distant friends.

Special: Serafima has been an Italian-style fencer since she was old enough to hold a sword. It was either that or folk dancing, and she was a girl of very particular interests even when she was young. She has her own saber hidden in her dorm room. How it's managed to survive without being confiscated, Serafima's not telling. Her only other hobby is reading; she can often be found in the library, in the middle of her chatting circle of friends, with a book in her hand and her head in the clouds. She doesn't believe in the zodiac, fortune telling, blood type, or any religion-- she considers herself a bit of an empiricist.

Coming soon: Amato Angiolo

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#25 | Back to Top01-02-2007 04:37:14 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Of course dear!  emot-biggrin
(psst, the name should be Serafina)

I'm writing something for the secondary char, I'll edit this post to put the background.

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

Board footer