This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top09-21-2009 01:39:42 AM

Arthkael
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Re: [fanfiction] Roses Grow (Utena/Anthy, post-anime)

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
OMG you've completed it! The epilogue was awsome, I loved it. And you're planning a sequel! You're spoiling us! 
I can't wait to read 'Thorns Wither'.

#77 | Back to Top09-21-2009 11:12:59 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

I LOVE THE GARDEN OF EDEN IMPLICATION/ALLUSION!!!! Sharnii....you make me cry with your skills!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#78 | Back to Top09-23-2009 04:43:46 PM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

Dude, I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty badass. Nuff said.

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#79 | Back to Top10-04-2009 12:58:05 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Guys and girls - thanks so much for the reviews you've given me throughout. You have no idea how much they mean, and how they keep me editing in the rough parts. emot-keke Especially since I've never been able to find a consistent beta, and sometimes get quite frustrated. This story is as much the readers as mine in the sense that I really get a sense of community as I write it: experiencing the post-anime possibilities with other fans.

I don't really know how to explain what I mean. But hey I mean it. emot-tongue

A_Man: Can't wait for the sequel. I hope it's sexy.

As a matter of fact it has a very sexy start...something I couldn't quite fit into the flow of Roses Grow. But the time for it has come in Thorns Wither. Yay!

Itsuke: sharnii, you have done a fantastic job. I like how you described Anthy and Utena's post anime relationship. Your use of imagery is superb. And of course there is Anthy's purr....it absolutely drives me mad trying to imagine how it would really sound...

It drives me crazy too. Thanks so much Itsuke, re the relationship and imagery, and hey, I like the fangirly screaming. What author wouldn't. emot-redface

Arthkael: OMG you've completed it! The epilogue was awsome, I loved it. And you're planning a sequel! You're spoiling us!

Awesomesauce, glad you liked the epilogue. The sequel gripped me about halfway through the story - unfortunately there wasn't room in Roses Grow for everything I want Utena/Anthy to do. *grins* Or maybe it's fortunate...

But hey, I want more delicious fanart from you! school-devil In particular I think your style and talent would do something spectacular to chapter 1 of Thorns Wither. You'll see what I mean...

Stars_Prince: I LOVE THE GARDEN OF EDEN IMPLICATION/ALLUSION!!!! Sharnii....you make me cry with your skills!

Thankee! I really enjoyed that allusion. I changed who played what part several times. It's such a great fit with SKU, as are several other religious stories and myths...hmm...I may have to include a re-telling of something Greek or Egyptian in this next piece...

Lost_Prince: Dude, I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty badass. Nuff said.

Thanks mate. *purrs*

I've added extra Author's Notes to Roses Grow answering even more questions that people are asking me. If you're into such things just backtrack and you'll see the extra stuff appended on the bottom.

And the sequel is finally up!
Find the first chapter of Thorns Grow (Home is a Garden) here: http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=2108

Last edited by sharnii (10-04-2009 04:47:12 AM)

#80 | Back to Top01-09-2011 10:04:57 AM

tlrc
New Student

well... so.. it did take one year and half for you to complete the fic... It likes a horror story, too much blood... and have hot sex (It makes me embarrassed... aha...) Utena have the power sounds like "Teleport"! haha emot-rofl It's very interested. I was very lucky to read when it completed... well... I hate to wait for something I like emot-tongue
I have had a bit of disappointed when read on page 4th about the sequel story still not finish. Hope you'll finish it soon emot-keke etc-wankgirl

Last edited by tlrc (01-09-2011 07:06:38 PM)

Board footer