This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#551 | Back to Top09-18-2012 07:23:46 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Re: The shopping thread.

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Raven you is best pony.etc-love

etc-love Thank you. I do what I can to support the Fabulous and Broke like myself.

Speaking of, I signed up for this eBay-like site called Copious and I wound up getting 8 free eyeshadows because the person I ordered from was out of town when the order was placed. She apologized by telling me to cancel my order, and she'll send me a bunch of shit for free. She sent me six eyeshadows in 10g jars and two "samples" in 5g jars. For what she charges, she basically sent me $56 in merchandise plus eating the shipping costs.

I still need to do proper skin swatches, but the colors are gorgeous.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#552 | Back to Top10-14-2013 02:07:49 AM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

*throws a Phoenix Down on thread*

Killer sale at Lane Bryant's website: 50% off clearance. I got a bunch of stuff for $75 (including shipping). This is especially helpful for me, because there are no Lane Bryants in Hawaii, and I am a broke fat girl in need of work clothes.

I also discovered Bandelettes, thanks to a friend. They're bands you wear on your thighs to prevent chafing or "chub rub," and they're lacy and sexy -- they look like the top part of thigh-high stockings. I just ordered a pair, and if they work, it means I'll feel better about wearing skirts more often. A Google search by name should turn up their site.

Last edited by mercurynin (10-14-2013 02:09:28 AM)

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#553 | Back to Top10-15-2013 06:36:04 PM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Question, for all you smart people:

The PS4 is on the horizon, and I'm desperately scrounging together cash in order to be able to have it. Now, I'm finding a few ways to get income, but I might not have the full amount I need by the time it hits.

The question then is, "Should I apply for the Amazon Store card in order to get financing, thereby allowing me enough time to get a paycheck to pay for the first parts of it, or should I not and find other things to stimulate income?"

#554 | Back to Top10-15-2013 08:54:03 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'd say don't do it. Waiting a while won't hurt your wallet, whereas credit cards have a lot of potential for damage.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#555 | Back to Top10-15-2013 09:43:20 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Yasha wrote:

I'd say don't do it. Waiting a while won't hurt your wallet, whereas credit cards have a lot of potential for damage.

Besides, let the bugs get worked out first and the reviews come in.

I think sometimes, when you can't afford something, or just barely have enough, you want it more.  Now that I can afford frivolities like DS games and fancy face paints, there are a huge number of products and games I no longer have any interest in but that I positively drooled and pined over when they were just out of my reach.   The fear that I might not be able to get the thing was more of a hook than however much I actually thought I wanted it.

#556 | Back to Top10-15-2013 09:57:05 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I second them. You don't need it immediately on release. There won't even be a ton of games for it immediately on release. And they won't even make enough for everyone. Save yourself the hassle, and potential future credit related problems, and just pick it up a month later (or however long you need). The PS4 games won't run away from you in the meanwhile. Promise.

#557 | Back to Top10-15-2013 09:57:42 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

The question then is, "Should I apply for the Amazon Store card in order to get financing, thereby allowing me enough time to get a paycheck to pay for the first parts of it, or should I not and find other things to stimulate income?"

Credit cards are evil. The PS4 isn't worth it.

Unless it's backwards compatible. Then I'd be carefully combing over some fine print, but seriously, try to sell an organ first or something. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#558 | Back to Top11-30-2013 07:14:44 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Last night, I went to Lane Bryant (which I rarely set foot in, for a variety of reasons) and spent $163 on three bras and three pairs of pants. They were having their Black Friday sale, so every single full-price item in the store was 50% off. The pants are nothing to write home about, I just needed them for work. The bras, however, were a major score.

As you know, I have huge tatas, 44J to be precise. That makes bra shopping a bit hard, especially when you want a strapless bra. But I found one. I tried it on this morning, and it is fucking amazing! LB only goes up to an H-cup, but their H is really an I in most brands. I bought a 44G because I was cautious about buying too big of a cup in case they collapse or some shit. I was wrong, so wrong. It took me 10 minutes to put it on because it didn't have a hell of a lot of give, so I had to go old school and fasten it in the front and turn it around. Once I pulled it up, my jaw was on the fucking floor. I have never, ever had a strapless bra that had my boobs up this high. I walked, I jumped, I jiggled. Nothing fell out. Nothing budged. Not to mention that the back was a 5-hook instead of the standard 3-hook, so I had good back roll coverage. You know how much I paid?

$25.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#559 | Back to Top12-03-2013 01:19:41 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh wow, score! That's awesome! I don't have much in the chest myself, but I have two very good friends with very large breasts, and they've told me how hard it is to find good bras.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#560 | Back to Top01-04-2014 04:22:12 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Congrats on your Bras Raven, I just scored 8 bras, 3 hook in the front, for 190$ thank you Lane Bryant! I am experimenting with a new size, so hopefully this works well, what bra did you get, I kinda want a new strapless, also have you heard of the butterfly bra http://www.amazon.com/Ashley-Stewart-Co … terfly+bra it can be hard for some folks to put on, but it is one of the best strapless bras I have tried! Especially if you do your tit calculus well.

I got a great London Fog Coat for 100$ and it rocks! Just in time for the cold front we are having!

I also spent additional money on things to amuse myself, I need to stop spending money as if I am a Rockefeller!

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#561 | Back to Top01-16-2014 02:29:28 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Tell me I'm a weirdo for wanting to get my filthy little paws on this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Barber-Chair … 2a367c222e

I'm not going to do it, but damn, that's sexy.

Last edited by crystalwren (01-16-2014 02:36:31 AM)

#562 | Back to Top01-16-2014 08:00:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Actually, that's pretty freakin awesome and if I had the cash I would buy it.

Edit: "if I had the cash" meaning "never" emot-frown

#563 | Back to Top01-23-2014 07:39:59 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

It ended up going for $560, a lot less than I thought it would. I wish it were mine.

#564 | Back to Top02-18-2014 02:14:08 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

These have come up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Witchblade-Comp … 2c7cdfb780

I've been hunting a reasonably affordable copy of Compendium one for the past six months, and I don't have a copy of Compendium Two either.

...aaaaaaaaaaand there's no shipping to Australia. fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck.

#565 | Back to Top05-17-2015 05:48:51 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Necro!
(Don't know if it's the right thread for this though)

I was wondering if anybody knows of a website where I could get an average quality 3 piece suit. I was thinking of getting a classic guy suit but unfortunately there's junk in the trunk and in the front and I'm short, which makes androgynous pieces look ghastly on me. So I'd need something a bit more accommodating for my build, and I'm a novice when it comes to online shopping. Can such a thing be found online, or is tailoring the only option?

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks emot-biggrin

#566 | Back to Top05-17-2015 06:55:06 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Snow, I'd suggest getting any suit tailored, even if you buy it online. They just fit and look better.

But, especially since you're concerned about body shape and fitting, online is probably going to be unreliable. At least in my experience.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#567 | Back to Top05-18-2015 02:26:23 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Thanks for the advice emot-keke. I suppose I'll wait until I really really want it, and then have it tailored. It'll certainly save me a lot of frustration with ill-fitting online purchases.

#568 | Back to Top05-23-2015 07:06:00 AM

Zigzagzoom94
Wakaba Wrangler

http://s30.postimg.org/5m13idwql/WIN_20150523_140155.jpg

Adorable nerdy t-shirts have arrived emot-dance

Sokka: Can your fortune telling explain that?! (points to volcano eruption)
Villager: Can your science explain why it rains?
Sokka: Yes! Yes it can!
~Avatar S01e14

#569 | Back to Top06-08-2015 11:10:57 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I recently splurged and bought a cute Big Bang Theory bathrobe. It has pictures of and the lyrics to Soft Kitty.  It's so cozy.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#570 | Back to Top06-08-2015 12:43:04 PM

Enea
Juri Jeerer

Recently I have seen in H&M a wonderful bathrobe with plenty of Batman's signs on it. And sweet Mario pyjamas. I really regret I hadn't bought them...

#571 | Back to Top06-28-2015 11:15:06 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I want one of theseeeeeee. They won't be cheap to ship but hey, it's a handmade item. I just can't decide which one to get emot-gonk Undertow was my favorite vigor but others are so pretty too etc-love.

#572 | Back to Top06-28-2015 01:14:21 PM

Enea
Juri Jeerer

That's wonderful Snow. etc-love And indeed, undertow was really cool. emot-smile
But if I were you, I would try to do it myself. In fact, it's just a tiny bottle, filled with glitter with sticker on it.

#573 | Back to Top06-28-2015 03:23:42 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

You're right! Dunno how I'd do the waterproof sticker, but everything else seems manageable. Guess I was too distracted by the shiny.

Last edited by Snow (06-28-2015 03:24:14 PM)

#574 | Back to Top07-01-2015 06:46:20 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Is it a thing these days that Goodwill doesn't have oodles of cheap-o jewelry? I went to my local one to get some necklaces for my (first ever) cosplay and there wasn't a single piece of jewelry or accessory to be found. Perplexing. :\

#575 | Back to Top07-05-2015 03:46:45 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Does anyone know of a webstore selling stuff similar to what Modcloth sells, or used to sell (mostly aiming for retro-ish flowery dresses and similar stuff), that ships worldwide? I'm not really into what Modcloth is offering these days emot-frown

Mylene wrote:

Is it a thing these days that Goodwill doesn't have oodles of cheap-o jewelry? I went to my local one to get some necklaces for my (first ever) cosplay and there wasn't a single piece of jewelry or accessory to be found. Perplexing. :\

Maybe people are reluctant to give off their baubles cause everything is fashionable these days.

Last edited by Snow (07-05-2015 03:51:20 PM)

Board footer