This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-19-2006 05:38:09 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

[OOC]Marvel Superheroes RPG - let's get it started

Okay, who out there has ever heard of the old Marvel Superhero RPG? 

This was an older system that Wizard's of the Coast purchased when they were doing their buying up old game systems spree where they also got the West End Games Star Wars system.  Wizard's of the Coast used the Marvel name that they now owned to create a horrible, horrible version of Marvel using their crappy SAGA system (remember 5th Age Dragonlance?)  The old marvel system was wonderful.  It was setup for a superhero game (obviously) but the system mechanics were so awesome, you could adapt it for any RPG you so wished using the FEAT table and random power generator.  Or anything you wanted, really.

I am awesome and have the two main books for Marvel and am willing to run a game on the forum if I can get at least five players.  I could probably swing it with as few as three, but the more the merrier.  Now, you might be thinking playing a superhero is kind of lame.  I agree.  Thus, this is going to be a villain's game. 

Come and try to take over the world.  Learn what it is to be an Evil Overlord with incompetent minions.  Deal with troublesome (and highly annoying) heroes who won't even let you steal a hot dog from the neighborhood stand.  Then feel free to fry them with your mutant mind death ray - ZORT!  Those other villains... are they your friends?  Do you want to team up to wipe out a particularly annoying group of heroes?  What about finding a technological genius so you CAN have laser beams attacthed to the heads of your pet sharks?  Or maybe, just maybe, you want to sit back and be the ultimate puppetmaster and MAKE the rest of the villains do the dirty work for you - without them even knowing it - until you are ready to grace the world withy your direct presence.

Remember, Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb.

Last edited by angelicreation (12-19-2006 11:46:39 AM)

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#2 | Back to Top12-19-2006 06:56:51 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: [OOC]Marvel Superheroes RPG - let's get it started

Uh-oh... I might have to get in on this. I could totally throw villainy tantrums all over the place emot-biggrin

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top12-19-2006 11:46:11 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

In your sooper-seekret evil Yasha layer, too.  Like inside a volcano fortress of DOOM!

Heh.  I amuse myself.  AHEM.

A few more things:

1) I will be using a point system for you all to create your stats.  After you do that give me an idea of what kind of villainy powers you want and I'll see what I can do (unless we want to use my random power generator - it can be fun emot-biggrin)

2) Since you'd all be evil villains trying to take over the world, or at least kick puppies, this will fall into the more mature realm.  Not neccessarily IFD material, but players are welcome to create anything from the suave mastermind to the frothing serial killer.  Insanity comes in so many forms.

3) Instead of being an Evil Overlord, you can always play the minion of one of the other players.  Most minions would be NPCed by either the villain player or, more likely, me.  MUAHAHAHAHAHA!  Fear the incompetant minions!

4) The system is really easy and for the most part there will not be any dice rolling.  If there is an arguement of whether someone can do something and it doesn't resolve in two or three ooc posts, we will roll.  All you need are two d10 dice to play (or a dice program - many available online)

5) If we get enough players and the game goes swimmingly, I may allow one or two players to pick up heroes.  Just to be annoying.

Last edited by angelicreation (12-19-2006 11:48:35 AM)

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#4 | Back to Top12-19-2006 01:59:33 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I've heard of the old Marvel system and one of my friends I'm sure has books but I've never played it.

I am actually playing an evil Mutants and Masterminds game right now, and I love playing villains. Fear my religious fundamentalist with powers of mind control and emotion control!

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#5 | Back to Top12-19-2006 03:15:20 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Where was this back in February when I tried playing City of Villains? emot-redface

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#6 | Back to Top12-19-2006 04:22:04 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Well? Are you two playing or just yapping? :p

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#7 | Back to Top12-19-2006 04:56:25 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

If the system is as easy as angelicreation says, then yes I'm in.

#8 | Back to Top12-19-2006 05:16:24 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Are horrible puns allowed as character names? I have a hard time coming up with anything else.

CoV taught me that I'm not very good at being a villain, but I'm always willing to try.

#9 | Back to Top12-19-2006 07:45:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'm horrible at playing a villain, but I'm trying to practise up. I have the feeling my character will turn out something like Nanami, though...

#10 | Back to Top12-19-2006 08:35:35 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

I don't have the first clue of how to play an online forum-based RPG, but count me in if you don't mind someone that's totally green on how it all works! emot-keke

I'm a big fan of RPGs in general, but the forum ones are a foreign concept to me.

Now that I think of it, I actually have a Serial Experiments Lain episode guide that also has some characters made up for the BESM game... I don't know if that would be usable for the kind of thing you're putting together for ItRG...

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (12-19-2006 08:38:21 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#11 | Back to Top12-19-2006 11:06:58 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

Are horrible puns allowed as character names? I have a hard time coming up with anything else.

CoV taught me that I'm not very good at being a villain, but I'm always willing to try.

Go ahead and use whatever name you come up with be it a horrible pun, cheesy villain name or something else.  I don;t care as long as there is only one character with that name.

#12 | Back to Top12-19-2006 11:15:27 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Okay.. let's see what victims... err... players I have:

Yasha
ShatteredMirror
Ragnarok
Imaginary Bad Bug

Fresh meat is always welcome.  I am quite flexible as a storyteller and will pretty much run with anything thrown my way.  We need one more and then we can really get started.  For now, I want you four to PM me your basic villain concept. 

Here's what I need: character name, age, gender, race (if non-human you better ask me nicely emot-wink), desired superpowers, general description of what he/she looks like as well as personality, weaknesses and character goal (aside from world domination - that's a given).

On Thursday while I actually have time to breathe, I will write up the basic character creation guide as well as what all the stats mean.  From there you all get to play with the points and shape your stats to reflect the character.  Makes sense, right?  emot-dance

#13 | Back to Top12-20-2006 06:00:45 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I want _J_ to get on this. We could be Team Destructo. As in real life, he could be the ignitor, and I could be the accelerant emot-biggrin

#14 | Back to Top12-20-2006 08:03:48 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

MSH is a fabulous system.  Someone posted PDFs of the books a few years ago -- hopefully they're still online!  It's how I ran an MSH game live a while back, since I left the books with my Evil Ex (and I'm sure they went to a landfill with the rest of the stuff I left with him when he went to prison back in 2000).

#15 | Back to Top12-20-2006 05:52:20 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

angelicreation wrote:

Okay, who out there has ever heard of the old Marvel Superhero RPG? 

This was an older system that Wizard's of the Coast purchased when they were doing their buying up old game systems spree where they also got the West End Games Star Wars system.  Wizard's of the Coast used the Marvel name that they now owned to create a horrible, horrible version of Marvel using their crappy SAGA system (remember 5th Age Dragonlance?)  The old marvel system was wonderful.  It was setup for a superhero game (obviously) but the system mechanics were so awesome, you could adapt it for any RPG you so wished using the FEAT table and random power generator.  Or anything you wanted, really.

I am awesome and have the two main books for Marvel and am willing to run a game on the forum if I can get at least five players.  I could probably swing it with as few as three, but the more the merrier.  Now, you might be thinking playing a superhero is kind of lame.  I agree.  Thus, this is going to be a villain's game.

OMFG!!! YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL MARVEL SYSTEM?

*tackles*

I got the new version and the X-Men expansion for a table-top 'port of an online RPG I'd been doing, but, dear GOD. Diceless systems killed my brain.

I don't have the time to play with you, but, wow, I adore you.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#16 | Back to Top12-20-2006 06:24:25 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

OOOOOOH!!! I WANNA JOIN!!! *jumping up and down excitedly*

Perhaps I would be best as some sort of missionary of evil, yes?

Hmmm...

I love making charaters....

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#17 | Back to Top12-20-2006 06:28:04 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

"One of us! One of us!"

#18 | Back to Top12-20-2006 06:53:18 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

"One of us! One of us!"

Mufufufu...

*thinking about character*

Ooooh... this gonna be soooo fun!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#19 | Back to Top12-20-2006 08:13:13 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Lady Chani wrote:

OMFG!!! YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL MARVEL SYSTEM?

http://www.heroplay.com/features/rules/marvel.php

Has PDFs of the original books as well as a separate file that's just the Universal Table.

#20 | Back to Top12-21-2006 10:53:18 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Hey Yasha!  Where's your character concept?  You need to pm me and fix this problem.  school-devil

#21 | Back to Top12-21-2006 10:57:08 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I did my income tax instead of making a character emot-frown

It was due in April emot-frown

I'll start making a character as soon as I've railroaded _J_ into being my codependent familiar. Or as soon as I get a firm answer on whether he's in or not. He's not here right now, or I'd be on it like Touga on an unattached woman.

#22 | Back to Top12-21-2006 11:01:27 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Alright, alright...  I'll make exceptions for taxes.  I'm just wondering what you're going to create.  And considering the evil bastard ShatteredMirror made, it'll be so much fun to watch your characters interact.  *glees*

#23 | Back to Top12-21-2006 11:10:23 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I have a couple ideas, but the one I want to do is dependent on _J_, so I have to talk to him first. Don't worry, I'll send my character to you as soon as I figure out what's up with him.

#24 | Back to Top12-22-2006 12:20:27 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

*pokes J with a spork*

Last edited by angelicreation (12-22-2006 01:06:36 AM)

#25 | Back to Top12-22-2006 03:05:51 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I think that anyone that Yasha creates will bounce quite nicely off this guy. Oh, he's going to be so much fun! I can't wait!

Board footer