This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-18-2006 09:06:27 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

What Ringtones and Screensavers do you have on your mobile phone?

I know that the topic sounds kinda superficial but Im sure the school-freud students could dig up something deep from your psyche by studying what sort of ringtone(s) and screensaver(s) you use on your mobile phone.

I start things off by telling you what I have on my LG mobile phone.

Ringtones:
For calls from people not in my addressbook, I have the infamous Naga Laugh ringtone which I edited myself.

For calls from my manga supplier who tells me when the latest volumes of my favourite manga have come in, I use the Hallelujah Chorus ringtone.

For calls from my GF, I have the Toki Ni Ai Wa ringtone which I also edited myself.

For other people in my addressbook, I have the Rose and Release ringtone that I again edited myself.

Screensavers
I have at the moment as my screensaver, a stylised Mark of the Rose emblem which I drew up myself.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/redrose.jpg

But I also have a number of other screensavers which I made myself. (Why buy screensavers when you can make them yourself. *hehe*

I love to customize my things as much as I can emot-keke

=================================

emot-dance Now I want to see is people reveal themselves with their choices for ringtones and screensavers! emot-dance

#2 | Back to Top10-18-2006 10:52:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: What Ringtones and Screensavers do you have on your mobile phone?

I...I have a cell phone. With a blue background and a generic ringtone.

I'm so uncool. emot-frown

I don't even know how to customize it, I think though, that they charge to do so. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top10-18-2006 10:54:30 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Mine is uncool as well. ): It has a default background, but strangely it's a very sexy default background. But regular ringtones. And I want a customized one so badly. But I have no idea how to do that or how it works or what they would charge me.. An Utena ringtone and customized ringtones for different friends would be .. *explodes* etc-love etc-love

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (10-18-2006 11:06:38 PM)

#4 | Back to Top10-18-2006 10:55:17 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I don't have a ringtone. I don't even have a cell phone! What I do have is other people's ringtones-- for me, they put in Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor. I didn't even pick it, but I love the music. And I think everyone else should too! Here you go! For anyone curious, the ringtone they use is from 2:50 to about 3:13 or thereabouts.

Oh yeah, that should probably be playing on an organ. Heh. Oops, what can I say? Not a traditionalist.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#5 | Back to Top10-19-2006 01:16:08 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

My cellphone is kind of an old model, it doesn't have color or anything fancy and I'm not even sure if it can handle ringtones emot-frown
Before I had a better cellphone and had the star wars theme with a picture of a chibi of "the bride" form kill bill. Anime ringtones are hard to find on Mexico... good music ringtones would be most correct

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#6 | Back to Top10-19-2006 05:51:42 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I'm quite surprised that you all either seem to have very basic mobile phones or simply not have the means to upload *.jpg or *.mp3 files onto your phones.  Being from Australia myself, I would have thought that over in the USA, Canada and Europe, you guys and gals would be years ahead of us aussies mobile phone wise. emot-aaa

On my old laptop with the CD that came with my phone, I was able to create my own screensavers with Photoshop and ringtone MP3s with Nero and then upload them into my phone. school-eng101

If any of the Utena forum members would like a Utena based screensaver for your phone, just tell me what the demensions it should be and what format *.bmp, *.jpg or *.gif.

Last edited by Tamago (10-19-2006 05:56:12 AM)

#7 | Back to Top10-19-2006 06:50:47 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

I have cut two parts of the Rinbu Revolution for my mobile phone ringtones. Both are at the end part, and one of them is pure musical all to the end. I use both of them for my different groups of friends. (Previously, I have used Tokini Ai wa for calls from my family.)

Yet, I use some ringtones from other animes for other groups of people. E.g. Rewrite, Tobira o Mu Koe (both are from Hagane no Renkinshitsushi), Purachina (from Cardcaptor Sakura) , Gloria~Kimi ni Todokedai (from Slayers).

As regard to moblie phone wallpapers, recently I am using a photo, for I find that none of my Utena-themed pics fit in my mobile phone theme.

emot-gonkI can't edit my screensavers emot-frown

Last edited by Tenjou_sailorsaturn (10-22-2006 07:21:59 AM)

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#8 | Back to Top10-19-2006 09:12:49 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Tamago wrote:

I'm quite surprised that you all either seem to have very basic mobile phones or simply not have the means to upload *.jpg or *.mp3 files onto your phones.

Gio and I are poor emot-frown

Also I hate talking on the phone.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top10-19-2006 09:17:28 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

I'm quite surprised that you all either seem to have very basic mobile phones or simply not have the means to upload *.jpg or *.mp3 files onto your phones.  Being from Australia myself, I would have thought that over in the USA, Canada and Europe, you guys and gals would be years ahead of us aussies mobile phone wise. emot-aaa

The vast, vast majority of people I know have custom ring tones and wallpapers, most of which involve country songs. I suspect you Aussies are just as up on things though, unless your phones run on kangaroos on wheels. emot-keke But like Yasha says, we're very poor. emot-frown I'm glad I built the gallery when I did, I couldn't dream of buying all the artbooks (and then ripping them apart) now.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#10 | Back to Top10-19-2006 05:21:04 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I don't think I have any way of getting a truly cool ringtone or background (at least not without it costing something...older model phone here).  However, I did discover a composer on my mobile the other day, and my husband graciously strained his eyes trying to figure out how to 'compose' a midi of Rinbu Revolution using the information for another type of phone.  He ended up doing a fairly nice job with it.  Now if only my phone would ring once in awhile.  I wouldn't answer, I hate talking on phones, but at least then he'd feel like he accomplished something. ^_-

#11 | Back to Top10-19-2006 05:27:33 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Tamago wrote:

On my old laptop with the CD that came with my phone, I was able to create my own screensavers with Photoshop and ringtone MP3s with Nero and then upload them into my phone. school-eng101

If any of the Utena forum members would like a Utena based screensaver for your phone, just tell me what the demensions it should be and what format *.bmp, *.jpg or *.gif.

You can have screensavers on your phone? emot-aaa ..Oh wait, my default one is like that. Nifty! *cell-phone clueless*

Okay.. does anyone know how to make/get those nifty custom ringtones? Or set different ringtones for different friends? emot-aaa Because that would be awesome. I use Cingular, but I have no idea if it's the service that counts or the model.. It's a fairly new model, though.

#12 | Back to Top10-19-2006 05:59:09 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I think you can have mp3s and pictures and such mailed to your phone by other people for a small charge per message. I might be wrong though. emot-keke

I still have pictures on my phone of my car when I crashed it and I don't know how to get them on the computerbox.

#13 | Back to Top10-20-2006 08:15:42 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

The Camera Phone I have, I got from the 3 (ThreeStore) network.  As I'm not exactly rolling in dough either, I was able to get my phone from them for $10 a month for 24 months + cost of certain phonecalls and SMSs.  All 3 network phones have inbuilt camera/videocamera/internet as standard features.

In Adelaide where I live, we have a large number of Asian students who come here for their university education cos we have got world class quality unis here and its way cheaper for them to get educated here than it is to get educated back home, well anyway, they all have they cameraphones but they almost never talk into them, instead they text message (SMS) each other constantly.

I guess thats one of the reasons why cameraphones are big over here, cos we are trying to 'keep up with with the Wongs' as it were. *heh*

Giovanna wrote:

I think you can have mp3s and pictures and such mailed to your phone by other people for a small charge per message. I might be wrong though.

Yes there are pics and ringtones available as well as music and video clips but I prefer to use the softeware that comes with the phone that allows you to upload/download any pictures and mp3s you like which also allows me to avoid SMS and MMS spam that you would get if you used something like Jamster or some other company to get your ringtones from.

#14 | Back to Top10-22-2006 01:04:16 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I don't use a screensaver on my phone. I have it shut down the display to preserve the batteries, since I'll go days at a time without being able to recharge it. My wallpaper is a funny picture that I took at work (at least I have a camera...) and the only decent ringtone I have is Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop... and I'm getting really sick of hearing it all the time.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#15 | Back to Top10-30-2006 08:10:05 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I actually just got a new phone (her name is Gigi), so I haven't figured out the customization yet -although I have figured out how to take compromising photos and send them to my poor boytoy who happens to be three thousand miles away. At the risk of running into Flagrante Delicto territory, this has so far proven to be very...strengthening to the relationsip (on his part, anway).

But yeah, On my old phone I had The Killers "Mr. Brightside" as the generic, "The Godfather Theme" when the boy called, "Papa Don't Preach" for the parentals...and a couple others customized. That one though, didn't have a way to really change the screensaver, so it was bue. This one has a really close up pic of my eye!

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#16 | Back to Top10-30-2006 08:19:34 AM

Toasty
Wakaba Wrangler

My cell phone has a completely crappy ancient LCD display. It can display white dots and black dots, and that's about it. And that's fine by me. I have no need for pictures or tunes in my cell phone. I find it plenty confusing with just white dots and black dots, thankyouverymuch.

I don't mind straight people as long as they can act gay in public.

#17 | Back to Top10-30-2006 08:34:20 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Toasty wrote:

My cell phone has a completely crappy ancient LCD display. It can display white dots and black dots, and that's about it. And that's fine by me. I have no need for pictures or tunes in my cell phone. I find it plenty confusing with just white dots and black dots, thankyouverymuch.

Sounds a lot like my phone.
I guess this means no custom screensavers. I wouldn't use that phone very much anyway, but it has a nice clock function and is actually able to get me up in the morning. And sometimes I need it at work too.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#18 | Back to Top10-30-2006 06:13:15 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

For some reason, I expected more members of this forum to have the latest mobile phones but I guess that proves that what you think it would be and what it actually is can be two way different things.

While I dont have a picture of the phone I have these days, I do have a pic of my first mobile phone which also served as my first MP3 player back in 2001.  I had a 64Mb card which back then was huge for a mobile phone where I stored about 20 different songs including about 5 Utena theme songs.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/lifeslikethat.jpg
EDIT: The 'Life's Like That' wallpaper on the phone in the picture is one I designed myself.
It wasn't easy to make it look good using only 2 colours being a monochrome screen.

Last edited by Tamago (02-24-2008 05:49:09 AM)

#19 | Back to Top10-31-2006 01:48:19 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Tehe, talking about ancient, I have a Nokia 3210. It used to be my brothers, then my dads and in the end, mine. It's big as a brick, so it has secondary uses as a weapon. :D I have a cute wallpaper for which I have no idea how it got there. It has a little pixel kitty and the text "Big smile for message" Click.

#20 | Back to Top10-31-2006 06:14:26 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

For some reason, I expected more members of this forum to have the latest mobile phones but I guess that proves that what you think it would be and what it actually is can be two way different things.

We're lifeless computer nerds, we don't need your fancy device of public social interaction! emot-mad

#21 | Back to Top10-31-2006 06:15:08 AM

ayla
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

I'm still using a Black and White mon cell, so I don't use a screensaver.
But I use the ring tone of the Taiwanese Band "F.I.R", song "流浪者之歌"(A Waif's Song)

I love Touga
I love Saionji
I love Koyasu Takehito
I love Kusao Takeshi

#22 | Back to Top10-31-2006 06:29:36 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Tamago wrote:

We're lifeless computer nerds, we don't need your fancy device of public social interaction! emot-mad

People use phones to talk to each other? What will they think of next!

I personally use my phone as a camera, as a game machine and internet surfer when Im commuting, when Im expected to make appointments, I ask them to send me SMSs for the time, date and place of the appointment and phone banking.

When I do make calls on my phone, its usually either courtesy calls in case I am running late, calling home when Im doing the shopping to ask if I should get them an item thats on special or ordering something from the local takeaway so it will be ready in time I arrive there.

#23 | Back to Top11-11-2006 11:42:56 AM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

morosemocha wrote:

But yeah, On my old phone I had The Killers "Mr. Brightside" as the generic

I would love that~ Hee...

I suspect if I had waited longer (or had been willing/able to shell out more $$) I'd've been able to get an MP3-ringtone-enabled phone. However, my provider (Telus) seems stupid re: stuff like that. Example: You know those polyphonic ringtones you can buy/find online and get Media Messaged to your phone? Whenever I try that, it doesn't work. Or rather, my provider is stupid and has all the phones set up, so you can only use ringtones that you've bought from them. emot-mad On the upside, I have Ayumi Hamasaki's Step You as a ringtone, because they actually offer some Non-NA artists for download. It probably wouldn't be my first choice, but it was something.

So. Other than that, no fancy wallpapers, no fancy screensavers (Mine's a clock.)

But! I do have the...Nokia...1205i? I think? Point is, it's got a clear faceplate and comes with inserts that you can print on with your inkjet printer, to skin your phone however you want. emot-keke So I've had Anthy from...Mm, too lazy to find it, but the picture from Luxury Illustrations with movie!Anthy, Utena, Touga, Akio(Dios?)....with the girls sitting and the reaching, and the guys lying down. You know. Anyways, yeah, Anthy cropped out of that.

...Mind you I'd've probably changed it over time except that I can't find the rest of my insert sheets. ;;;;

I'm gonna have to get a new one some time soonish though. Unless I wait 'til May for my contract to expire. Because my battery is crap and buying a new one would be $70. :/

Sometimes I use my phone for calling to talk to people (though not as much as I would've, say, in highschool, if I had had a phone) but mostly for things like "Call me before you head over?" or "I'll call you when I get there" or "I'm lost, where am I going?" Other than that, it's really mostly for the text messages. etc-love

Last edited by BakaElf (11-11-2006 11:45:02 AM)

#24 | Back to Top11-12-2006 01:12:23 AM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

I have a moto Razor and my current background (which i took as a picture using the camera) is the following

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1639/jurimikinj8.jpg

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#25 | Back to Top11-12-2006 01:16:04 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Hahaha.

I have a mobile, but I'm not fond of it.  O;

The only modifications I've done to it since I got it was switch the ringer to vibrate.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

Board footer