This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-14-2007 09:00:35 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: [RP/OOC] Almaser's RPG!

I actually have a question about the numbers, what rating for an attribute would be equivalent to a D&D 10?

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#27 | Back to Top11-14-2007 09:01:33 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*snerk* Good one, Yasha. emot-tongue

And Shattered, considering this is 1-9 and D&D is 3-18, I'd guess a solid 5.

Last edited by BioKraze (11-14-2007 09:02:17 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#28 | Back to Top11-14-2007 09:02:25 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

That was cold, Yasha. I approve wholeheartedly.

And that's probably right, Bio - I guess we're making ordinary people here, no superhumans with straight 16's or higher. emot-tongue

Last edited by ShatteredMirror (11-14-2007 09:03:05 PM)

#29 | Back to Top11-14-2007 09:26:25 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

*tries to avoid spraying drink out of nose* Yasha, you're incorrigible! emot-rofl
And yes, 5 is the solid, averagest of Average Joe numbers.

#30 | Back to Top11-16-2007 12:51:10 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I AM COGITATING. It will be done tomorrow. My brain no workie tonight.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#31 | Back to Top11-17-2007 05:12:11 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I just thought of a rather important piece of info we don't have...

What is the colour of Ullad's coin? What is their base monetary unit?

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#32 | Back to Top11-18-2007 05:22:20 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Oh, that is rather important. emot-gonk

Amseth currency is kind of standard across countries as a good measure of value. It's a silver-coloured coin called a 'dimar'. One side's stamped with a lily symbol, the other with the Last Emperor's likeness.
Gold dimars are made with a circle of gold-coloured metal about the size of a normal dimar, and around it a ring of silver. They are worth about 10 dimar, and are referred to as 'Golds'.
Copper dimars are made of burnished copper with a silver lily pressed onto one side, and are about half the size of a dimar. They are worth 1/8 a dimar and are called 'Littles'.

So,

Dimar/8 = Little

Dimar = Dimar

10(Dimar) = Gold

Hope that helps! emot-smile

#33 | Back to Top11-23-2007 11:54:26 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Got another question which might help game mechanics...

Do you have a map (preferably topological type) of Ullad? Knowing where the kingdoms are would help a great deal...for me, anyway.

Told you I was a details whore. emot-keke

#34 | Back to Top01-09-2008 07:37:01 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Oh! Oh! More details! And I think you should share that map of yours and its locations, Almaser. It would help Shattered and Yasha greatly, I would think.

Anyway, here's a seemingly useless detail that I seem to find crucial: You mentioned that Almaser is the titular role or character for the RP. With that said, who/what/where is "Almaser," and what is she/he/it known for, if anything? A god? A hero? A highly respected location? What, exactly, is "Almaser" prominent as?

Besides you being the DM, of course. emot-tongue

#35 | Back to Top01-09-2008 08:44:32 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Sorry guys, I'm dropping out. I have to get an additional job.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#36 | Back to Top01-12-2008 12:09:30 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

That's too bad, Yasha-hime... and I am in. I am rather curious about this and I can't wait until enough people get interested....

Name: Morten Bransdatter
Profession: Healer
Arcana: Breath Weaving ("Healer's Touch")
Arcana Level: "Operative level 4"
Physical description: A young, earnest looking short woman, she is pretty and roundacious, but neither beautiful nor very attractive. She wears clothes that conceal her body shape and looks younger than she is and can be mistaken for a child very easily for those not looking carefully. Her hair is always messy and is a medium-length dirty blonde and she has grey-blue eyes.
General history: A young, inexperienced healer, she is still merely a journeyman in her art, though her sheer strength in magic overcomes that inexperience. She is constantly travelling, looking for where she really came from. She has little memory of her origins, and yet it doesn't stop her from looking. She hides the bulk of her magic mostly for yet unknown reasons. 
Skill levels:
   Stamina: 6
   Brawn: 3
   Reflex: 4
   Will: 7
   Intellect: 8
   Charisma: 5
Special abilities, knowledges: First aid, healing arts (Journeyman), herbal knowledge, tracker (apprentice), cartographer (apprentice), sense life up to 50 miles, sense danger, power of observation (living things only).
Items of interest: A stone the size of a fist with unreadible runes upon it that go in a spiral pattern of unknown origin. It exudes magic, but attempts to discern what kind or of what purpose fail.

Last edited by Anthiena (02-10-2008 09:08:54 AM)

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#37 | Back to Top01-14-2008 01:52:21 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Yasha, I'm sad to hear that you're dropping emot-frown I would have loved to have got this game off of the ground with you on board.

To answer BioKraze's question, Almaser, of House Kethem, was a noble and close confidant of the previous King of Ayereth, Jarrat nyr Asura IV. After the King's death, it is rumoured that he was involved in the scandal that took the life of the Prince on his journey to gain the divine blessing needed to lay claim to the throne. Afterwards, he fulfiled his duty as legal protector of the second Prince until such time as he could claim the throne, then stepped down from his position as Head of the Kethem Family, and retired to a monastery in the eastern edge of Ayereth. He's not likely to be involved hugely in a storyline, but he might. He is a -very- skilled user of Shadow Elementalism, and an accomplished (and decorated) soldier.
So, if the action ends up in Ayereth, he may become involved, but in all honesty it's just that he was the first character to be made for the world, so he got to stick his name to the project.

As for the map, I'll have to post that once I get my old computer online. If you have it, though, BioKraze, feel free to post it up! I'd love everyone to get to see it.

Anthiena, thank you so much for your enthusiasm! You've got a great character idea, but I'll need to have a chat with you and work out a few things about the character before going further. Nothing that's a big problem, just want to get some more details and let you in on a bit of info.

However, I won't be able to do any of that for a short while - so, until I get myself into a new place and get online, I'll have to leave this as on hiatus. Which sucks, I really wanted to play. But! Almaser, and his game, shall return soon enough!

#38 | Back to Top01-14-2008 12:41:24 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Sure, no problem about the map! I even saved the locations you sent me, so I'll post those too.

The world of Almaser, the continent of Ullad

Ullad Locations

Theria
1 - Thar
  Capital of Theria, a great centre of learning and trade. Many universities, both mundane and arcane, Traders Guild headquarters, the citadel of Enclave's Might are located here.
2 - Keiman's Library
  An enormous library, repository of magical texts, centre of magical study, small town built around the Library.
3 - Darna
  A large mountain town. The Dome of Experiments, a great complex of scientific study and invention, is located here.

Ayereth
4 - Ayal'ann
  Capital of Ayereth. Near some of the most fertile land in all Ayereth, close to the Tendril, location of the Palace and the Silver Temple. Considerd the origin point of the Blue Road.
5 - Bellom
  A small town to the north, contains the ruins of the White Cathedral.
6 - Kelthas Tor
  The traditional home of Kethem House, it is also used as a major training centre for Knights. The city stretches to the coast, and is a thriving port city.
7 - Castra
  The major port between Ayereth and Theria
8 - Erra
  The largest city in the Theric Peninsula, borders on some of the most gem-rich mountains on the continent.

Valkas
9 - Blesail
  The new Valkan city that has slowly been developing; home of the Shelka tribe.
10 - Grimböl
  The traditional meeting place of all the chieftains of the Valkans, site of the Grunthëng. It is a great, deep bowl in the earth.
11 - Drudshelm
  The training site for those who have the potential to become Druddim, and a place of great mystery.

Oltoc
12 - Eteller
  The capital and major port city for Oltoc, a sprawling city with canals dividing it into three sections.
13 - Deterti
  Once a mining town, Deterti is now the home of a huge smithing and sculpting industry.

Serolt
14 - Stasgrund
  The Great City of the Stars, the spiritual captial and domain of the Bright One, filled with temples and other holy places.
15 - Iterrel
  By the shores of the Lake Stasdhep, Iterrel is the major trade city in Serolt, and the largest.
16 - Iornan
  Iornan was the birthplace of the original Bright One, and as such many Seroltans make a pilgrimage to this place each year.

Oltan Tiera
17 - Falantïer
  The major Oltan settlement on Tiera, and the centre of the slave trade.

Calwind
18 - Ridkist
  One of the only two major cities in Calwind; Ridkist uses a great deal of sandstone from the nearby mountains.
19 - Sersal
  The capital of Calwind, and home of the King, populated mostly by the nobility.

Tel Amseth
20 - Amsal
  The Heart of Empire, capital city and centre of the region, some of the oldest buildings on the continent can be found here.
21 - Derriwen
  A small town at the outskirts of the Grens Forest, locals have recently been reporting strange shapes moving in the woods at night.
22 - Kalmarthi
  The site of one of the major battles during the kelm invasion, historically the place where the declaration of the Empire's dissolution was made.

Kelm Frontier
23 - Iventarn
  The major Kelm city in the Frontier, has a great deal of trade with Kalmarthi.

Kelm
24 - Kelmar
  The capital city of Kelm, currently occupied by the armed forces and the General Harn.
25 - Eblentch
  A fairly large city in the west of Kelm, home of the Temple of the Koltet.
26 - Tirkalel
  "North Coast" - this is the major port to the north, and home to an important military centre.
27 - Seirkalel
  "South Coast" - this is the major port to the south, a trade city.

#39 | Back to Top01-14-2008 09:21:58 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I... um... shit, I still need to come up with a character. If you guys are all ready to start, you might just want to go on without me... I really don't know what's up with me right now.

#40 | Back to Top01-14-2008 10:52:17 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I... um... shit, I still need to come up with a character. If you guys are all ready to start, you might just want to go on without me... I really don't know what's up with me right now.

*pets* Like I said, we're on hiatus for now. When I get myself a house, and internet, and all that shit, then I'll pester you for a character.

#41 | Back to Top01-15-2008 01:11:52 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

If you can manage all that shit, the least I can do is come up with a character. Good luck. etc-love

#42 | Back to Top02-11-2008 05:56:29 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

Well, I fixed my chara and PMed her backround in more detail... I missed breath-weaving. I thought that would be illusion or something. Haaaah....

I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#43 | Back to Top03-06-2008 05:36:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Here's another question I think applies to the RP...

What do people use as beasts of burden? Horses? Oxen? Yaks? Hell, even Chocobos or something wackier? Seriously, what do they employ? Considering the civilisation seems on the verge of the Industrial Revolution (you did mention advances in steam power, after all), I'd think they use some horselike type of beast or maybe a crude automated carriage...

#44 | Back to Top03-14-2008 03:21:21 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

BioKraze wrote:

Here's another question I think applies to the RP...

What do people use as beasts of burden? Horses? Oxen? Yaks? Hell, even Chocobos or something wackier? Seriously, what do they employ? Considering the civilisation seems on the verge of the Industrial Revolution (you did mention advances in steam power, after all), I'd think they use some horselike type of beast or maybe a crude automated carriage...

Unfortunately, there's nothing too exciting here. The people of Ullad use horses and oxen as their beasts of burden (there's just not any interesting sort of creature that ever sprung to mind, I'm afraid). Donkeys and mules are also made use of, mostly in the eastern areas where they are more populous.

#45 | Back to Top03-24-2008 07:11:37 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Okay.... we need to get thisoff the ground, dammit! This has been langoring too long~!poptart

#46 | Back to Top03-25-2008 12:04:32 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

! Are you still taking players?

I'm really, really ignorant about text-based roleplay, but I'm totally interested, and have tons of personal characters to choose from.(I'd really only have to get the stats set up to be ready)

#47 | Back to Top03-25-2008 12:31:01 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

As far as I know Adrasteia, yes, we are still taking players. Can't be too sure because Almaser's tied up with IRL stuff.

#48 | Back to Top03-26-2008 09:13:10 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Still taking players... it may just take several more weeks to get this off the ground, as I am currently being jerked around in seventeen directions by the phone companies, and thus am still unable to get online at my place.

So, unfortunately the postponement will continue, but the moment these useless telcos get their acts together and let me back on my precious interwebs, consider this my #1 priority.

#49 | Back to Top03-26-2008 09:15:31 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Being jerked around in seventeen directions at once? But you're not elastic like Miki...

(bonus Poptarts to who gets the joke!)

#50 | Back to Top04-19-2008 11:40:32 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

UTINAM REVIVISCAT THIS GODDAMN THREAD

Hi! Work is over for the week, I've got two days off, and I'm going to dedicate it to getting this baby off the ground.

So! First order of business is getting players. So far, I've got BioKraze confirmed and sorted. Anthiena, if you could just PM me an updated version of your character sheet (if you're still in), that should set yours up.
Adrasteia and ShatteredMirror, you're both more than welcome to join in, and feel free to PM me with any queries you have. I'll do my best to get back to you immediately.

Board footer