This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-06-2007 05:13:32 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Utena Story: VSE Part One: Warrior of a Fallen Kingdom Pages 3-5

Here are the next three pages of the first part, Warrior of a Fallen Kindom. If you want to understand what is fully going on, read the first two pages. I might change the title of the first part. For more information on some of the characters listed below, please use Wikipedia. May contain mature content as well as references to Airplane! and Futurama. Read and review. And... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir Raven's Study

Sir Raven: Oh hello there! And welcome to another episode of the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy!

<Someone hands him a memo from offscreen. He reads it>

Sir Raven: Oh! It seems Billy and Mandy won't be on for another half hour! I'm on the wrong show! WRONG SHOW!!!! And now for something completely different! COMPLETELY DIFFERRRRRRRRENT!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Ebony takes the plate of cold food back to the kitchen. The chef, Tony, is dressed up like Robotman, and is looking exhausted>

Tony:
What? Another one?

Ebony:
Sorry, Tony, the guy walked out without bothering to pay. Didn’t even taste it.

Tony:
Guess that’s more for Russell to take to the homeless shelter.

Ebony:
I guess. Whose next?

Tony:
The high school girl at table ten, and the family of five at table twelve.

Ebony:
I though that was Joe’s table.

Tony:
It was…

<The sounds of puking can be heard in the back alley>

Tony:
Until about three minutes ago.

(I sighed)

Ebony:
You have to ask yourself why people keep coming to a restaurant where half the staff is losing their lunch.

Tony:
If you can answer that then you can answer why McDonalds managed to stay open for so long.

Ebony:
It’s because of all the mind-altering drugs they slip in those chemically processed burgers.

<Tony laughs. At that moment Shana, another waitress dressed like Catwoman, runs into the kitchen. She is looking quite flustered>

Shana:
You guys, it’s a madhouse out there. Where are Joe and Jackson?

Tony:
Jackson just took the order for tables two, three, and eight.

Shana:
Well where’s Joe?!

(I stick my finger in my mouth and make a gag noise)

Shana:
Not another one! Why didn’t Mike just close for the day?

Ebony:
Calm down. Here, I’ll take the next order. What’s next, Tony?

Tony:
Besides ten and twelve? Four, thirteen, six, seven, and twenty.

Ebony:
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit steroids.

(I begin to load up the trays and start to rush out into the dining area. I run past to twelve, seven, six, and twenty, somewhat dripping some of the food of the tray. It feels like running a marathon. I accidentally bump into a woman and make her spill her drink on what has to be the ugliest dog I‘d ever seen)

Woman:
Hey!

Ebony:
Sorry!

(The dog begins to bark at me)

Woman:
You got Jingle Bell’s fur all messed up.

(Jingle Bell? Why didn’t she just name it Rosie O’Donnell instead? It‘s a dead ringer)

Ebony:
Terribly sorry. Shorthanded, out with flu, you get the gist. Oh, and we don’t let pets in here.

Woman:
Jingle Bell isn’t just a dog.

Ebony:
That’s a dog?!

Woman:
What did you think he is?

Ebony:
I can’t say in polite company.

(The woman begins scolding me while I run back to the kitchen. Shana must’ve taken the other food. Tony hands me the food for table ten, a cup of tea)

Ebony:
This is it? There is a God.

(That’s when the ground began to rumble and shake. Dishes, cups, and silverware fall to the floor. I spill the cup of tea all over myself but I don’t have time to notice how hot it is. People start screaming in the dining area. Parents holding on to their kids, people trying to squeeze out of the doorway, it‘s like Titanic.)

Shana:
What the hell is going on?!

(I already know the answer)

<A huge hole is blasted through the dining room wall. Someone cry out “It’s the End of the World!” Seven figures in bright costumes charge through and begin fighting one another, completely unaware of the people inside>

Tony:
Aw crap! Metahumans!

<Four of the figures that just entered Planet Krypton are known as the Creature Commandos, people mutated into horrible freaks by radiation. The other three are Nightstar, Manotaur, and Trix. The leader of the Commandos, Major Frankenstein, fires an electrical charge, from two battery packs sticking out of his shoulders, at Manotaur which sends him through the men's room. Trix deals with two who resemble the Wolf Man and the Creature from the Black Lagoon with an extra head, while Nightstar dukes out with Eyesore, who is completely covered in additional eyes which can fire energy blasts>

(I lose sight of Tony and Shana and raise my hands to shield myself from the blasts and make a run for the door. Then I notice a little girl amidst the rubble. Her parents must’ve left her in the confusion. She is about to be crushed by Major Frankenstein. I run out and grab her out of the way. Frankenstein does a nose dive into the Justice League display case along with Trix. The little girl is crying and bleeding from a wound on her forehead)

Little Girl:
I wan’ my mommy!

Ebony:
I know, honey! Just keep your head down!

(I hold the girl in my arms and shield her from any damage, then run out with her. I’m careful to dodge any energy blasts or oncoming projectiles. I hear my Shade costume get ripped when it snags on a broken table. By the time I get out of there and across the street one can already hear the police sirens when the place explodes. They must’ve hit the gas mains!)

Ebony:
Shana! Tony!

(The only figures that come out of the burning heap are the metahumans, who then proceed to take their fight further downtown. It’s like they’re just playing through. No. They are playing through. Every fight they have is just a game to them. They act like the entire world is just a big playground, regardless of the other people in it. Who would question them when they have so much power at their disposal? Despite the sounds of the fire engines and people yelling, all I can hear is the little girl in my arms crying her eyes out and asking for her parents, along with the sound of my own thoughts. To most people, it would seem like the end of civilization. To me, this is Tuesday)

Last edited by XHelios6 (12-06-2007 05:14:46 PM)

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

Board footer