This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-20-2010 04:02:28 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Re: Rosecon '10: New Orleans Option Discussion and Infotainment

I am totally on board for attending this. Can we nail down when in August: this is taking place; or did we and I not know?

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#27 | Back to Top03-22-2010 05:29:32 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I'll know if I can make it there April 8th due to my budget. I read the previous thread, and the date which has been picked is perfect for me. Um... there's just one problem. I...kinda don't have my driver's license. emot-redface It's not because I'm too young or have done anything horrible, but circumstances in my life have prevented me from getting one yet. I'd just need to consider shuttle and/or cab fare.

As for hotels, I say as many of us try to stay at The Royal St. Charles as possible. It's cheaper, and I would be happy to split the cost of a room with anybody who wanted to. Plus, the location is ideal for walking to fun stuff. emot-keke

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#28 | Back to Top03-29-2010 08:53:24 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I just got a look at the fall schedule at my school. I know, I know, I should have looked way back when people were floating date ideas, but...

My classes start Aug. 18. Being out of town the 19th is completely impossible, and since I was planning on driving... Yeah, there's really no way I can do it that weekend. It's conceivable that I could fly, but I was hoping to split the gas bill with someone. Of course, it seems she isn't likely to make it either, so...

I don't feel like I have the right to ask anyone if they can be flexible about the date, since my attendance is a little tentative even if it were on the 18th instead. So it looks like I'll miss you guys. emot-frown

emot-gonk

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#29 | Back to Top03-30-2010 10:50:24 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

I just got a look at the fall schedule at my school. I know, I know, I should have looked way back when people were floating date ideas, but...

My classes start Aug. 18. Being out of town the 19th is completely impossible, and since I was planning on driving... Yeah, there's really no way I can do it that weekend. It's conceivable that I could fly, but I was hoping to split the gas bill with someone. Of course, it seems she isn't likely to make it either, so...

I don't feel like I have the right to ask anyone if they can be flexible about the date, since my attendance is a little tentative even if it were on the 18th instead. So it looks like I'll miss you guys. emot-frown

emot-gonk

What wait? Do we even have a date nailed down yet?

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#30 | Back to Top03-30-2010 10:56:15 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

From the other thread:

Frau Eva wrote:

I made an executive decision for the weekend of the 19th. Sorry I use Thursday dates; I only do that because I will most likely be there the earliest--what with living two hours away and planning and all. But yes, that is also the weekend of the 21st. The 12th was the backup weekend in case something went horribly awry.

Frau Eva, would you like me to close one or the other of these threads so we're all in the same place concerning RoseCon discussion?

#31 | Back to Top04-02-2010 05:58:38 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Crap.

August 23 Monday (Fall 2010)

Fall 2010 semester classes begin.

FIU released their schedules. Honestly I don't think I can go on that weekend, Frau. I don't expect you to change dates for me though, since I can't promise attendance anyway, but that would confirm a negative for Yasha and I. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#32 | Back to Top04-02-2010 06:03:36 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

First Stormy, then Gio and Yasha... sooo, all in favor of moving the con to the weekend of August 12?

#33 | Back to Top04-02-2010 06:05:16 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

DO IT. DO IT NOW. emot-gonk

*coughs and resumes solemn face* I think moving it to the 12th is reasonable.

#34 | Back to Top04-02-2010 06:07:59 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I feel given I can't promise coming and took no part in planning that I have no right to make requests about the date. I will say that the 12th does open me again to the possibility of coming, and since Yasha will be with me the two weeks before school, she'd also be coming if I do. But again, since I can't promise anything anyway, it's not my decision. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#35 | Back to Top04-04-2010 05:01:01 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Syora wrote:

DO IT. DO IT NOW. emot-gonk

*coughs and resumes solemn face* I think moving it to the 12th is reasonable.

Haha, this would either be the first week of classes for me (I'm a high school teacher) or on my b-day if it's the 19th.  Crazy fun.

#36 | Back to Top04-04-2010 08:52:30 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Okay, I only did that date because it looked like it worked pretty well with school schedules. Since I would like these people to come--and since it's all school that's limiting you guys, suggesting that there will be more to come who can't make it for the same reasons--I'm going to make the executive decision to move it to the 12th of August. I hope this doesn't confuse the hell out of people too much, or that anyone has booked anything hard yet. emot-frown But school schedules getting in the way isn't a personal thing, and that suggests its going to take out more than this. So I'm not just changing it for you guys(so don't feel bad if it's still tentative), but because of what this suggests for everyone's schedules.

Perhaps we should just have one thread now, since the date question has come up twice in a row(could maybe one of you mods make it an announcement? People were already confused before the date change, but I don't know what I can do besides say it over and over again). Lots of stuff would have to be moved though. emot-gonk

Also, sorry I hadn't been checking this thread as much as I should. It seems like as soon as I fell off on checking it, people started replying again. emot-tongue Thank God its Easter week so maybe I can get some calls in.

Last edited by Frau Eva (04-04-2010 08:55:07 PM)

Hat Mafia Member

#37 | Back to Top04-04-2010 09:21:09 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Ok I need to book this definite date into my work holidays now - so it's from Friday August 13 til when? To Sunday August 15? How long are people staying?

And my other question to do with me being Australian and all: is my Friday August 13 actually the American Thursday or something completely bizarre like that? emot-aaa I find timezones incredibly confusing. emot-redface

#38 | Back to Top04-04-2010 09:53:30 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yasha and I will do our absolute best to be there. Basically, unless my incisions aren't sealed over, we're there. emot-dance

#39 | Back to Top04-04-2010 09:54:32 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

sharnii wrote:

Ok I need to book this definite date into my work holidays now - so it's from Friday August 13 til when? To Sunday August 15? How long are people staying?

And my other question to do with me being Australian and all: is my Friday August 13 actually the American Thursday or something completely bizarre like that? emot-aaa I find timezones incredibly confusing. emot-redface

Yeah, mostly it is. XD You're obviously in a similar time zone to me; generally speaking if you leave Australasia on a Wednesday you get to the Americas on a Wednesday, and so gain a day in transit; if you leave the Americas on a Wednesday and travel to Australasia, you often get here on a Friday and lose the Thursday completely. XD But a travel agent ought to know this, and will be able to work around it. If you book the flights yourself, pay particular attention to the arrival/departure times AND dates, otherwise it can be a right pain in the ass. emot-keke

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#40 | Back to Top04-05-2010 08:03:27 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

hmmpph. Well, I guess I have to come now, don't I? etc-love

I will make a commitment to being there, unless something unforeseen happens. Also, my lovely lady have expressed interest in coming, you guys will love her.

As far as time goes, I'll probably arrive a few days early myself. Perhaps Tuesday? I will consult with Ashnod, who may be accompanying us. emot-keke

-Truck North

#41 | Back to Top04-05-2010 10:51:29 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

The date change is fine with me if more people can go. emot-keke I get back from my trip to London at the end of July, so that still gives me a couple of weeks after it, and its before classes start so even better. (just need to make sure to save up monies in advance, but my money situation is looking a little better.)

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (04-05-2010 10:51:46 PM)

#42 | Back to Top04-06-2010 12:18:40 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

hmmpph. Well, I guess I have to come now, don't I? etc-love

I will make a commitment to being there, unless something unforeseen happens. Also, my lovely lady have expressed interest in coming, you guys will love her.

As far as time goes, I'll probably arrive a few days early myself. Perhaps Tuesday? I will consult with Ashnod, who may be accompanying us. emot-keke

I am planning on going at this time. emot-smile

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#43 | Back to Top04-08-2010 01:29:26 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

At first I thought I might not make it, as I have the urge to go to Central America this year, but after looking at the temperature and whatnot (as I figured I'd go in late June), it might actually be BETTER if I go in late July/August...and one of the tours I'm looking at ends in Cancun on the ninth, so I could always just fly across the Gulf and into New Orleans. XD That could be pretty awesome...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#44 | Back to Top04-08-2010 03:40:34 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I would love to come but I need to find out if I will still have a job.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#45 | Back to Top04-08-2010 10:39:55 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

You better come Clarice! You too Sexing!

I just found out there's a good possibility Rhyaniwyn will be there too, how awesome would that be???

-Truck North

#46 | Back to Top04-09-2010 09:24:32 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

As long as it's after the weekend of August eighth, I'm free.  I will let you guys know what I can do in the next month or so because I have a busy summer, but I honestly see no reason why I couldn't come.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#47 | Back to Top04-11-2010 07:30:51 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Aw, bitches. The New Orleans Burlesque Festival is in mid-September, we'll miss it. emot-frown

-Truck North

#48 | Back to Top04-11-2010 07:14:51 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

If anyone thinks there will be any major problems with the date, now's the time to say so, please! emot-keke As it stands, I'm looking at taking a trip to Mexico in late July and coming into New Orleans afterwards, on the ninth of August, and leaving on the fifteenth (which is the Sunday). So, basically I'll be in town all week if this works out, so if anyone else is coming in earlier and needs a roommate, I might be your gal. school-devil (sharnii, I'm still happy to room with you, but unfortunately I'll be taking three and a half weeks off work as it is so I won't be going anywhere AFTER New Orleans...emot-frown)

This is a tad tentative at the moment, but only cost-wise. Even then I'm not sure it'll be a massive problem, we'll jsut see how it goes. etc-love

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#49 | Back to Top04-11-2010 08:24:35 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

emot-frown Cannot attend.

Doing summer term intensive Chinese (two semesters in a summer, four hours daily), graduating in August and then I've got ten days to get to Fresno and find somewhere to live before Fresno State's fall semester starts for grad school.  Ack.  maybe next year. emot-frown

#50 | Back to Top04-11-2010 10:31:55 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Oh no, Aug 12 is perfect for me. I wasn't meaning to suggest we should change the date, more lamenting that it wouldn't be sooner.

-Truck North

Board footer