This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top12-18-2006 03:01:55 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Re: What's your sappy fantasy?

Hinotori wrote:

AWESOME BARBIE STORY.

I read this to my mom, and she was all "I feel like such a good mother." emot-keke

A Day Without Me wrote:

I was also a child whose favorite show was Yen Can Cook, so god knows I was a strange child.

I loved Yen!! It must be SKU thing. We like sex, we drink, and we love cooking shows!

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#52 | Back to Top12-18-2006 04:27:05 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

We're just hedonists. D:

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#53 | Back to Top12-18-2006 05:10:08 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh, heavens forfend. A hedonist. Whatever shall I do. emot-rolleyes

To contribute... I don't have a personality for sappy things. emot-frown See my idea of love in IFD, the Fantasy thread.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#54 | Back to Top12-18-2006 10:16:08 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Haha, I think we've strayed from fantasy straight into the distant mists of... childhood!

Anyway, yes, Yen kicked so much ass, but NO ONE else watched it... probably because I was five years old, and five eyar olds watch stuff like... uh... Eureka's Castle and... Barney. Although, admittedly, I did love the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers a ton.

Haha... I had a typo that I got rid of... Might Morphine Power Rangers... emot-biggrin

I miss Yen emot-frown I remember one show he had a guy on who could carve carrots into stuff, it was pretty frickin amazing.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#55 | Back to Top12-23-2006 08:50:16 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

My sappy fantasy... well, I've never had a romantic-centric perspective so my sappy fantasy would probably have to do with writing and manipulating people with said writing... to the point where I can make a large amount of the populace not total idiots.  Sadly, the total idiots don't actually read which is why this is a fantasy.  emot-tongue

When it comes to romantic fantasy, I'd say Bowie at an awesome masquerade ball akin to The Labyrinth would be lovely. emot-smile  Screw the baby, choose Bowie.  I want a creepy and gorgeous man with tightass pants lusting after me while also trying to possibly kill me, oh yes that is sexy. emot-biggrin

#56 | Back to Top12-26-2006 02:19:52 PM

G&Ysnumber1fan
Tenjou Tilter
Website

My sappy fantasy......

To be back in Chicago during one of those seemingly eternal moonlit summer nights with the one woman who captured my soul...lying on the beach together.... the only audience watching our scene are the constellations, galaxies, and planets of the cosmos in the infinity that space holds....fireflies floating all around the area... the sounds of the water of the lake kissing the land as it has been doing for an eternity mixes with the sounds of her whispering things inside my ear in Italian...our hands clasped together, our skin touching yet contrasting like night and day....then she places her lips a breath away from mine...

erm...I better stop now before I get told to go to the "naughty thread"....

Akio..and James Brown(R.I.P.) have two things in common:
1)They are sex machines...
2)They are the only ones that could possibly make jumping over the windshield of a car look effortless..

#57 | Back to Top02-08-2007 02:48:48 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Awwwwww so cute and i love your comparing JAMES BROWN and AKIO emot-biggrin

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#58 | Back to Top02-08-2007 08:56:18 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

That scene in Immortal Beloved was wonderful.

Idon't have a sappy fantasy. I think my sappy fantasy involves me becoming the right hand woman for some power evil woman out to conquer the world. Sure the hours suck, and super heroes come in to kick your ass but I'm sure the required alone time with the boss is well worth it. Hmmm... So bascially my sappy fantasy involves me being the Mercy to a female Lex Luthor.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#59 | Back to Top02-08-2007 09:54:41 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I live out my sappy fantasies through my Lego universe. Throw the original storyline out the window and just imagine those minifigures having real dreams, real personalities. Add a collection of wild beasts both mechanical and magical, and you have the makings of a real series. A world where robots live in peace with humans? A world where Magitek is the tech base of the day? A world where pagan Aliens worship an ancient goddess that is still there for them, both in mind and body? Pass me the acid, please.

And mind you, these aren't piddling little one-dimensional personalities I'm talking about here. I'm talking personalities and relationships before The Sims was even dreamed of! Characters falling in love and lust, characters with grudges, characters who freelance their talents (and those are just MY minifigures!) A master geneticist and robot designer falls in love with a 236 year old chick who happens to be the nigh-immortal avatar of a neutral evil/chaotic good demon god? And the girl looks only 32 or something? Master wizards who play the good side of the coin and party hearty 24/7? Again, pass me the acid, please!

Good Dios, my Lego universe is my ultimate fantasy. I can live virtually anything through my characters. And this was before computers and me met and fell in love...Gaahhh...I love my little Legos.

I love them good.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#60 | Back to Top02-17-2007 01:44:39 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I'm not diverse. I always, always wanted to be the princess. Never the prince. Ever.

In fact, I still do. emot-redface

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#61 | Back to Top03-02-2007 11:25:11 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

dollface wrote:

I'm not diverse. I always, always wanted to be the princess. Never the prince. Ever.

In fact, I still do. emot-redface

No need to put on the "embarassed" face. There are princesses who are known to kick-ass. Leia, Ashe, Utena (Used to be one)
And in reality, let's not forget Princess Di. <- I'm her fan.

For my fantasy... Hm, I always picture myself to be my own original character in my favorite anime, book, movie, video game, etc. I live them out by picture myself interacting with the characters. My mom is afraid that I might be crazy whenever she sees me walking in public, looking at my feet, mumbling stuff...
So, I choose to live out fantasies in a slightly heathier way, FanFiction.net emot-smile

Let's see, I've been a prince, a high school kid who has a power to turn into an annoying clucking chicken (<-don't know why), Hiraku in CCS, a dreamseer named Kou in X-men, Mo e in Magic Knight Rayearth, Sailor Star Royale in Sailor Moon, Kou (again) in Digimon Savers, Eden in Final Fantasy IX, and XII, Uther II in Fire Emblem 7, a sadistic ex-member of the Ohtori Student Council (never thought up a name for this one), a butterfly who works for the ruler of Hell, a shinigami named Yasha in Death Note, a wizard named Chou (meaning Butterfly) in Tsubasa, the Snake deity Mahoraga in XXXHOLiC, a semi-liquid prism life form in LOTR. I can go on...

At one point, I was thinking of incorporating Utena-theme into Harry Potter because I was sort of fed up with the stereotypical good/evil thing going on with Harry and Voldemort. So I make Voldemort originally a more Dios-like person, and my original character (me) is the first established Death Eater who gave up his soul and suffers eteranlly to keep Tom alive. And then becomes a Slytherin at Harry's year, and later on befriend him, and then... Let the Utena-fest BEGIN! <- I really had fun with this fantasy where Harry in my opinion, does become mature and a better person than the book portrays.

Last edited by Hiraku (03-02-2007 11:49:54 PM)

#62 | Back to Top03-03-2007 12:24:48 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I never wanted to be a prince or a princess. I always wanted to be a thief or a witch. I wouldn't call them sappy, but a lot of my fantasies revolved around being either a sneaky and quick trickster, or a mysterious and intimidating witch.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#63 | Back to Top03-03-2007 12:45:08 AM

dollface
Website

But I don't want to be a princess who kicks ass. I want to be a princess who gets peoples asses kicked for her. In a sense, I'd like to be like Anthy; not a witch, or an empty doll, or abused, but just taken care of. I've been taught by my mother all my life that if I didn't look out for myself, no one would, that I was the only one I could ever rely on. It seems...foreign I guess to have someone defend me. I don't know. That makes me sound awfully submissive and weak and girly, and I'm not really those things. What would be a better example...Kanae maybe? She's getting pretty screwd over too though...lets say Kanae with someone who isn't Akio.

#64 | Back to Top03-03-2007 12:45:16 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Yasha wrote:

I never wanted to be a prince or a princess. I always wanted to be a thief or a witch. I wouldn't call them sappy, but a lot of my fantasies revolved around being either a sneaky and quick trickster, or a mysterious and intimidating witch.

I always wanted to be the one that people were afraid of, because I thought it would be better to be an object of fear then one of scorn. emot-frown My childhood was wonderful at home, but I was always one of the oldest kids in my year (that hadn't been held back) because of cut off dates, and so I was never really in my element schoolmate wise. One of my worst memories was in third grade, I had hair down to my hips, and a stupid little boy poured half a bottle of glue in my hair. I cried for ever. The worst, tho, was a few months after that, another boy put gum in my hair and pushed me around and stuff and tangled it so badly my mom had to have my hair cut. All the way to just under my chin. I cried for days. I thought I was the ugliest girl in the world. emot-frown

Erm. Sappiness tho... I've gone through just about all the chick flick versions. I've had the walk in the rain, the walk in the park, the shopping, the romantic dinner, the boy feeding me (pizza bites, but who gives a shit?) while we recline on the couch watching movies... Actually, he just feeds me to get respite, I feel, but whatever. The one I want next is the romantic trip to a hotel or something. Where they accidentlly call us Mr. and Mrs. emot-biggrin HAH!

#65 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:23:36 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I always wanted to be the strong warrior woman.   Like Red Sonja or something.

Someone here better know who Red Sonja is.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#66 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:30:23 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! My bf loves the pulp Conan novels, but I'm not sure if she's in the novels, or just the comics. emot-keke I've thought about dressing up as her tho, except that's not really his thing -the warrior woman fantasy.

Angelicreation gets some internets for being awesome. So like...basically, just for breathing.

#67 | Back to Top03-03-2007 02:26:43 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I wouldn't call this old fantasy I used to entertain when I was a kid sappy exactly, but I remember back when I was a girl (and ironically more macho than I am now) when I entertained the idea of becoming the world's first human nuclear bomb in which I wearing a special atomic powered exo-suit and I somehow was able to break into the UN and force the media to record how I threaten to blow up the UN with all the major leaders and ambassadors unless they all agree to sign a special peace accord (I was more into the idea of becoming a superhero back then) and the suit was not only a walking bomb, it also gave me full on protection and enhanced strength.

#68 | Back to Top03-03-2007 07:26:05 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

angelicreation wrote:

I always wanted to be the strong warrior woman.   Like Red Sonja or something.

Red Sonja... the vague memory I have of her is when she pushed a villain over into a pool of volcanic lava...

Last edited by Hiraku (03-03-2007 07:26:22 AM)

#69 | Back to Top03-03-2007 07:44:52 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

angelicreation wrote:

Robert E. Howard's Red Sonja or the Red Sonja of Conan-comics? Two different characters from two different eras...

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#70 | Back to Top03-03-2007 11:19:14 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Lightice wrote:

Robert E. Howard's Red Sonja or the Red Sonja of Conan-comics? Two different characters from two different eras...

From the Conan comics.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#71 | Back to Top03-03-2007 12:05:02 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I've been looking back on my childhood lately, and I realized that not only did I completely miss the Prince on a White Horse requirement of childhood, I despised the thought of it. When I was growing up, I never wanted to be weak or protected. I always hated the idea of belonging to some guy, and I wanted to be able to defend myself.

Needless to say, if my sappy fantasies involved horses, I was the one riding it.

#72 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:07:26 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

This got me curious...
How come people's childhood fantasy never involved being a king or a queen, but always wither a prince or a princess. A queen is usually depicted as a strong woman without having to be a prince. aka Elizabeth

#73 | Back to Top03-03-2007 02:03:41 PM

dollface
Website

Well, I guess 'Queen' seemed like the role for someone older. A Queen has to look out for her people, and run a kingdom. Princesses don't really have to do that. For me, it was because no one was jousting or slaying dragons to win the hand of the Queen, it was for the hand of the Princess.

I don't see why so few people are interested in the Princess role. I guess that's to be expected of Utena fans, but still. Utena wouldn't be Utena without Anthy! Who would she protect?

#74 | Back to Top03-03-2007 02:59:12 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

There's nothing wrong with being a princess. As you said, what would a prince be without his/her princess?

Hiraku wrote:

How come people's childhood fantasy never involved being a king or a queen, but always wither a prince or a princess.

The imagine that a queen sets is slightly different from that of a princess. In fairytales, the noble prince always rescues the delicate beautiful princess, and they live happily ever after. Even a normal girl becomes a royal princess when she is saved by prince. Also, the idea of meeting a king on a white horse doesn't work too well, since that would mean that the king already has a queen.

#75 | Back to Top03-14-2007 11:11:43 PM

randomknives
New Student

My sappy little fantasy...

I'd kind of like to have the same thing that happened to Anthy happen to me...you know, where you meet somebody who just becomes so special to you and kind of creeps into your very being without you realizing it. Then you finally, one day, in the midst of trouble realize that they're the one you've been waiting for and that your past doesn't matter any more...that it DOESN'T have the power to tear you into microscopic pieces anymore, and that's all because of them...

Or I could settle for going on an adventure where using weapons like swords and lightsabers and what not are actually feasible. That would be so cool! emot-keke

Oh yeah, by the way, I never dreamed of being a prince or princess either. Just Sailormoon. Or Sailor Tin Nyanko. That's it emot-smile.

Konnichiwa, Aka-chan!

Board footer