This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-29-2013 02:20:56 AM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

[NSFW]Whats your most disturbing moment in the show?

Disclaimer: This Thread is not for the faint of heart, if you have a weak stomach, say

I'm really surprise that no one on this forum really discus how really disturbing the later episode are both psychologically and physically first there was Kanea interrogation in episode 14 then there was the Questionable relationship with Anthy and Akio which got progressive worse over the course of the last two 3rds of the show climaxing with the revelation that been kept at an ambiguous level up until that point that confirms that they been having sex which is disturbing in it self because 1)They are sibling 2)Anthy is a lot younger physically then Akio enough said.
Then there was Ruka's Sexual Assaulting Juri which is the best example of how manipulative the male character in Utena can be at times:

First he offends Juri and she tries to punch him but he blocks both of her and Attempts to make out with Juri and while doing it he take Juri's locket which symbolizes her relationship with Shiori & creates a lot of disturbing implication about how he got it off her neck and then Juri bites his lips, Ruka moves a few center meters away from Juri and shows the locket then attempts to crush it but Juri retaliates and slaps him.

And off course I have to the mention the most fucked up aspect of the show, Utena and Akio relationship; oh my god this show was a hitting a high point regarding its more disturbing and Adult theme like this show used to be a more traditional shoujo anime back in the days when the student council was the main focus; the episode that started the implication that Akio is taking advantage of Utena naivete is episode 30 the episode where Akio plans start to fully effect Utena and also in that Episode Akio make out with Utena after drawing an Allegory to Cinderella which foreshadows a lot of things about Akio's back story mainly the fact that he is the prince that saved Utena. then there was the Sex scene in episode 33 which will make anyone cringe at the fact that Akio is taking the virginity of a 14  year old whose is barely above the age of consent in Japan and has a huge age gap between him and her; what makes it worse is that after that point in the show Akio treats Utena like his girlfriend, a good example of that is the instances where he gives Utena a set of ear rings as a gift.
So yeah it really fuck up in many way and shows how much of a terrible person Akio really is emot-gonk

Discus

#2 | Back to Top10-29-2013 05:41:27 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Re: [NSFW]Whats your most disturbing moment in the show?

The bit with Kanae and the apple is right at the top for me, followed closely by Utena's deflowering. Akio school-chef

#3 | Back to Top10-29-2013 07:41:22 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Utena and Anthy's casual poison chat was quite freaky, too

Last edited by Snow (10-29-2013 07:41:50 AM)

#4 | Back to Top11-03-2013 01:11:55 PM

Dafne
Miki Molester

There are a lot moments that in hindsight are creepy enough, but the one I'll always remember will be the rapey scene with Akio's body on top of Anthy, I know there are others that may qualify as creepier but when I first watched Utena I was what? 10 or 11 yrs old, it wasn't even about the obviously sexual act, I was already familiarized with that it was the coaxing and the  incest thing, because I already knew siblings aren't supposed to be THAT close, and the look on Anthy's face was just so.... I remember being in a bit of denial after that, I didn't even told my mom even tough I really wanted to ask, because she would probably freak out or something like that.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/073/3/c/puella_magi_madoka_magica_signature_homura_akemi_by_blueangel06661-d4srws8.png

#5 | Back to Top11-04-2013 10:13:38 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

The incestuous moments always give me the jibblies but to me the most disturbing one is by far when Kozue draws Miki's heart sword.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#6 | Back to Top11-08-2013 01:06:09 PM

DameGrise
New Student

For personal (and probably too strange to relate here) I can't even watch the episode where Nanami drowns the kitten she gave to Touga. I even walk out of the room for references to it in later episodes. Second is probably Utena's deflowering. I kind of knew about the sibling incest before seeing the more blatant scenes about it, so I was a little hardened to the idea before exposure.

#7 | Back to Top11-08-2013 02:32:18 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

As weird as it sounds, when little Utena's comment about how can people go on living if they know they're going to die some day. When I first watched the series I was pretty young, like around 10, and that was the first time I really thought about it myself and thought about how some day I was going to be dead. I was pretty disturbed by it at the time. emot-frown

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#8 | Back to Top11-08-2013 05:28:52 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

10? Damn. I didn't watch it until I was 12 (although I did watch NGE two years prior).

#9 | Back to Top11-10-2013 06:35:55 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

An update on freaky scenes. I started rewatching the series again and ep 18 really gave me the shivers. More precisely the scene in which Tsuwabuki draws Nanami's sword... He has those dead, empty eyes and tortured expression all the other Black Rose duelists have but remembering he is still so young and innocent and is being used and manipulated in a horrible way just...it was really disturbing. And that scream when Utena takes off his rose emot-frown the poor baby

#10 | Back to Top11-26-2013 05:13:17 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

I dunno about Tsuwabuki's innocence; he repeatedly puts Nanami in positions that could harm her or even kill her; we could argue with some success that he was too young to understand the consequences of his actions, but it's still quietly terrifying that he could even conceive of such actions at such a young age. I think that if he's unintentionally intentionally killed her, he would have found someone else to fixate on and done the same thing all over again. He's a scary little bugger, that kid.

#11 | Back to Top11-26-2013 05:44:21 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

crystalwren wrote:

I dunno about Tsuwabuki's innocence; he repeatedly puts Nanami in positions that could harm her or even kill her; we could argue with some success that he was too young to understand the consequences of his actions, but it's still quietly terrifying that he could even conceive of such actions at such a young age. I think that if he's unintentionally intentionally killed her, he would have found someone else to fixate on and done the same thing all over again. He's a scary little bugger, that kid.

So... yeah, this, and then also take into account that his last scene in the series is him hanging out with Miki (who has shown similar signs of psychotic potential...) Kind of makes you wonder if they actually balance eachother out, or if their interactions may actually end up fueling their respective dark sides later on.

...And then Kozue and Touga also play their respective parts in further corrupting the two, Nanami and Saionji are the only people who manage to escape this demented clique, and the 4 of them end up developing to the point where they all live together... but it's just messed the hell up because of how they've molded eachother and the whole story turns out like some terrifying, twisted mockery of a family. Remember how Mitsuru said he wanted to be adopted by the Kiryuus?

...emot-gonk

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#12 | Back to Top11-27-2013 12:18:22 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

crystalwren wrote:

I doubt he did all those things to Nanami just to hurt her, he just wanted to be important to her - as long as he gets to be close to her, he doesn't even consider his actions might make him a creeper.
His inability to perceive the consequences of of what he did is exactly what makes him so innocent and exploitable - he didn't feel like he was doing anything wrong. Innocence doesn't equal goody-goodness, in my opinion. I would even argue that his behavior has less to do with his age, and more with the fact that no one seems to be raising this kid, or care about how he behaves.

It is terrifying, but I don't think he had that in mind at all. If someone had told him upfront that he was being an obsessive creeper, instead of dancing around the issue (like everyone did), I think the awareness that he was unknowingly hurting his Nanami-sama would hit him quite hard.
Anyway, what scared me the most in that scene is that we're not used to seeing children in such situations. Most of his issues could have been eliminated if someone actually cared for that kid's well-being, but this being Ohtori, he's on his own. I think my reactions to those scenes were pretty subjective all in all, though.

Last edited by Snow (11-27-2013 12:41:34 AM)

#13 | Back to Top11-29-2013 02:47:10 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Chrome Homura wrote:

...And then Kozue and Touga also play their respective parts in further corrupting the two, Nanami and Saionji are the only people who manage to escape this demented clique, and the 4 of them end up developing to the point where they all live together... but it's just messed the hell up because of how they've molded eachother and the whole story turns out like some terrifying, twisted mockery of a family. Remember how Mitsuru said he wanted to be adopted by the Kiryuus?

...emot-gonk

Seriously guys, Miki's totally half-adopted into the Kiryuu family. That's why it's Touga that usually manipulates him. They have a relationship that's largely unexplored by the series, but you see hints of it here and there-- they're super-familiar with each other, to the point where Touga can tell the difference in Miki's mood by the way he plays the piano. I wrote an essay on it a long time ago, but I think it still holds up.

For me, the most disturbing part of SKU was Ep 33, pretty much the whole thing. And it's not so much what happens, but the way it's framed.

Doesn't anyone else ever notice how the camera angles and the way Utena talks to the viewers forces us into Akio's point of view?

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/33/Series_ep33_077.jpg?m=1380825119

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/33/Series_ep33_126.jpg?m=1380825126

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/33/Series_ep33_128.jpg?m=1380825126

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/33/Series_ep33_137.jpg?m=1380825128

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/33/Series_ep33_143.jpg?m=1380825128

The positioning of the shots and the way Utena is drawn while she's in the bed, how they animate her as so much more attractive and sexual is all because we, the audience, are seeing her literally from inside Akio's head.

The show forces us to take part in Utena's fall from her own ideals. It implies that we, the audience, helped to cause this.

That's freaky. I mean, I like it in an intellectual sense, but in an emotional sense it's actually sort of painful. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#14 | Back to Top11-29-2013 01:02:11 PM

Jimothyette
New Student
Website

The positioning of the shots and the way Utena is drawn while she's in the bed, how they animate her as so much more attractive and sexual is all because we, the audience, are seeing her literally from inside Akio's head.

Oh my gosh, I never really realized that!  I guess that I sort of did, but I never actually put two and two together and realized that we were Akio in that scene emot-gonk
I always found the most disturbing scenes to be the ones where Akio and Anthy were acting semi-normal in front of other characters, TBH.  The whole idea of a facade of wholesomeness hiding something like that gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Especially when they smiled at each other.

...What am I doing here?  I fell asleep at Mcdonalds, and I can't remember anything after that

#15 | Back to Top11-29-2013 03:58:27 PM

Orphic Okapi
Wakaba Wrangler

I saw an interesting theory on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueAnime/comme … irl_utena/) arguing that Ep. 33 was essentially Ikuhara giving a giant middle-finger to hentai doujinshi artists. I guess he was really pissed about people doing really degrading art that robbed the Sailor Moon characters of their innocence and agency. To discourage doujinshi involving Utena, he deliberately put the audience in Akio's perspective so they would feel like they had participated in Utena's rape, forcing hentai artists to identify with the villain of the series and realize that they were no better. Which, yeah, that's pretty disturbing.

#16 | Back to Top11-29-2013 04:21:49 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Yasha wrote:

Chrome Homura wrote:

...emot-gonk

Seriously guys, Miki's totally half-adopted into the Kiryuu family. That's why it's Touga that usually manipulates him. They have a relationship that's largely unexplored by the series, but you see hints of it here and there-- they're super-familiar with each other, to the point where Touga can tell the difference in Miki's mood by the way he plays the piano. I wrote an essay on it a long time ago, but I think it still holds up.

With this in mind, you also kind of have to wonder... In his tricky fashion we can assume Touga has the means to pretty much make Miki do whatever it is he wants, and he has achieved these means after having spent time with the kid, in spite of plenty of other relationships in his life of varying priority levels. But what conclusion has Touga reached in his assessment of Miki's character? When he planned his involvement in the events that comprised most of ep.5, it's safe to say Touga was fairly confident things would go the way he expected them to, considering it went perfectly and all. He invited Kozue to meet him at the piano room, did whatever naughty things they did together, and if I'm looking at the footage correctly, quite possibly literally shoved her on her way out the door right as Miki opened it. After that all he had to do was act casual, say a few vague words, and his work was done. He spent the entire job having fun, I'd say that's a considerable accomplishment by itself.

(As an aside, I can't help but imagine Touga thinking "I want them to have a little run-in with eachother..." while noticing the joke, because obviously the thought of facilitating an interaction between two people just by causing them to physically collide with eachother is pretty funny, at least to me...)

What my question is, what particular point is it that gives him the most confidence that his plans will work, aside from his own pride? Does he consider it worthwhile to have spent the time learning the finer details of how to use him as a pawn (as well as the investment's added effect of building Miki's trust in him, thus further facilitating such decisions) or is Miki being generally young and impressionable (the surface level assessment) just the bigger slice of the pie from his particular perspective? I mean... what's his opinion on that? emot-tongue

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#17 | Back to Top12-10-2013 10:22:28 PM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

Wow you all are really good at listing creepy moments from the series. I'm surprised that some of you watched the show at such a young age; I didn't see it until I was 19.

I think in terms of creepy, I agree with the Juri and Ruka thing. It's especially the case because Juri is established to be a lesbian and Ruka sexually assaulting her really has "corrective" rape vibes. The thing that really, really bothers me, and this could be more of a meta thing, is that I've seen some people in the RGU fanbase try to justify that scene as being romantic and not a case of Ruka being a creepy asshole. Yes it's so romantic when someone sexually assaults you. I know I sure felt romantic when dudes have decided that finding out I was a lesbian was an invitation to threaten to rape me in order to "convert" me or in one case follow me to the parking lot from the mall and grab me and tell my what a dyke bitch I was. Yes, being stalked and threatened because someone is personally offended by your sexuality sure is romantic.

So yeah, I guess that's why that scene and the especially the way certain people react to it bothers me. Ruka seems to treat Juri's feelings for Shiori with contempt and even though Juri said she wasn't into him, Ruka thinks he can save her with his penis. What an A+ guy. (BTW, I like sarcasm.)

#18 | Back to Top12-11-2013 02:00:24 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

It's a grey area. Removed from the lesbian corrective thing, it's a scenario that's well known to be SUPER DUPER ROMANTIC. There is a certain, often no small amount, of aggressiveness that a lot of women find very attractive. Especially in the context of fantasy. Women who would not want to get accosted by a lecherous employer in real life still think Secretary is a sexy movie.

I've never really taken that scene for being "corrective," though I suppose it really is. Whether Ruka means it to be or it's just being played that way to the audience. I guess the question to ask would be would Ruka do anything different if the locket contained a boy's picture? I actually think not. But that he feels all his actions in this are for her own good doesn't make it look any better for him here. Although I suspect he knows no matter how good he kisses, it won't change her.

In the early days of the fandom, it was Simply Not Said that episode 33 is from Akio's point of view. No one wanted to hear they were forced into his gaze. Even now I've seen people argue you're not in any particular POV. To me, it's so stunningly plain you have Akio's that it never occurred to me to think anything else. And...Akio's point of view is disturbing. It's supposed to be. You're supposed to feel dirty afterward. You're not supposed to like it. You're not supposed to enjoy seeing the things Akio chooses to pay attention to and focus on. That her concentration wanders and she yammers. That she has difficulty maintaining eye contact. That she's stretching, fidgeting, and basically betraying every sign of nervousness that she could.

He's enjoying watching her make her choice. He's enjoying that it's so hard for her, and so inevitable despite it. He's enjoying that she's nervous. And he's enjoying watching the change. The girl he takes into the hotel, the woman, sort of, he comes out of it with. (They even draw her differently afterward.)

He's enjoying himself. You, in his shoes, are supposed to be horrified. More so than you'd be if you just watched the scene portrayed indifferently.

Of course, some of us just had entirely the wrong reaction to that episode and are disturbed for more disturbing reasons. emot-redface

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#19 | Back to Top12-11-2013 08:23:41 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Yasha: The positioning of the shots and the way Utena is drawn while she's in the bed, how they animate her as so much more attractive and sexual is all because we, the audience, are seeing her literally from inside Akio's head.

Giovanna: (They even draw her differently afterward.)

That's an excellent point and correlates strongly with Azusa Kuraino's analysis of Anthy in her essay, Anthy as Viewer's Mirror. She points out that Anthy morphs from wide-eyed girl-child in Utena's perspective to hyper-sexualized goddess or cold unyielding bitch in Akio's. Her animation (and boob size) is entirely dependent on whose eyes we are looking through.

Up to that episode, Utena's animation was fairly consistent. She rarely had the lipstick o'femme on save for her dueling encounters. Rather than seeing that as a question of her masculinity, I think it's because we always saw Utena as she chose to see herself. She was never trying to fit into the role of others (well, it could be argued that it was for the Prince, but I think she made that role her own). But after losing her virginity, her appearance indeed shifted to highlight her attractiveness and femininity (long flowing hair, overtly sexual figure, narrower less childlike eyes).

Yikes. I never really thought of this before. Subtlety, thy nature is truly disturbing.

Last edited by Katzenklavier (12-11-2013 08:24:08 PM)

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#20 | Back to Top12-14-2013 03:05:56 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I know, it's stunning how such an overall poorly animated show has such subtlety buried in the frequent inability to draw their own characters well. emot-mad

That said I do like how the characters age. Touga and Saionji especially are drawn in a much more youthful bishonen style in the first arc. By the time you meet them again they look quite different. (Saionji in the BRS actually seems like a halfway point between the styles, even, sharper but not yet the hard lines of later on.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#21 | Back to Top12-18-2013 05:50:57 AM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

The second to last episode gives me the creeps. The scenes around the merry-go-round. 

And the scene where an *anonymous* phone call tips off Utena that Anthy has been kidnapped. The silence at the end of the call is just really odd.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#22 | Back to Top12-20-2013 02:48:44 AM

RMB
New Student

I just remembered, the episode where Miki and his sister got a letter from their mother and later he gets a phone call from his father saying he's remarrying, OMG that scene when you see the father on the phone and asking Miki if he wants to talk to the step-mom, and you see its the Rose Bride!!!!!! because of the clothes!!! its an Anthy!!! like holy fuck that was such a creepy scene, like Anthy's getting everyone.

http://s30.postimg.org/s1lhawazh/images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_Qib_LPMHz_JZs_BYCNYSa_Dc_V6_FA8_ZOu_ESPl33_L6_Ur_Rw_A3s_POu2_RLXag.jpg

#23 | Back to Top01-07-2014 02:48:14 AM

Yukio Oikawa
New Student

Touga attempting to molest Nanami to become more like Akio, so basically betraying the protector role he had taken in her POV since childhood (Touga at first seems to want to protect the innocents, hence bandaging Saionji's wound when they were children, wanting to find the missing Utena after he and Saionji run into two men who suggest she may have been kidnapped (we know Touga and Nanami are adopted, were they kidnapped?), and keeping Nanami pretty sheltered (comparable to how Kozue protects Miki's innocence, even though she hates Anthy, she has never taken any action against her, but shoved the would-be molester music teacher down a set of stairs and threatened further harm if he ever so much as looked at Miki again).

So, Touga very obviously protected Nanami from a lot of things when they were children (from a lot of truly terrible things, if his childhood in Adolescence Mokushiroku is taken  into account--he's also the least innocent character --along with Kozue-- aside from Akio.... I suppose this is why they are the two other characters seen getting close to him, Kozue on a date with him and Touga as his 2nd in command/one of many sex partners). The rest of the student council (Saionji, Juri, Miki, Nanami) are pretty innocent people, in varying degrees, but they can all be said to be innocent, as can Utena.

So seeing Touga go from this:

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Black_Rose_Saga/21/Series_ep21_010.jpg?m=1380853699

to this

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/32/Series_ep32_140.jpg?m=1380825087
http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Akio_Arc/32/Series_ep32_143.jpg?m=1380825087

was probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen, and I can't even begin to imagine how traumatic it must have been for Nanami. Imagine if someone you really looked up to (maybe an older sibling, or a teacher) and who you thought would never hurt you turned out o be the one person who set out to do you most harm? (The worst cases of moletstation involve not only the act but the breaking of a certain trust, when done by a person whom the victim held in high esteem).

Last edited by Yukio Oikawa (01-07-2014 02:48:40 AM)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb14ckoui81rhhg2oo1_500.png

#24 | Back to Top01-08-2014 03:27:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yukio Oikawa wrote:

I can't even begin to imagine how traumatic it must have been for Nanami. Imagine if someone you really looked up to (maybe an older sibling, or a teacher) and who you thought would never hurt you turned out o be the one person who set out to do you most harm? (The worst cases of moletstation involve not only the act but the breaking of a certain trust, when done by a person whom the victim held in high esteem).

I think this is all the worse for Nanami because she doesn't quite see him as betraying her trust. Probably a common thread with these kinds of molestation cases, but I think right up to the moment he kisses her, she thinks on some, most, levels that that's exactly what she wants. She wants intimacy with him, and knowing she can't have it by blood alone (something she's expected for some time, since up to this point a lot of her character has focused on the widening gap between her and her brother as they mature) she thinks as a lover she can reobtain something of it. But.

Nanami presents herself as an incredibly uncompromising person. That's easy when we're talking about the latest fashions or punishing those she thinks of as insects. Her rejecting Touga in the car always struck me as an important moment in her growing up, because in this, she didn't know, maybe we didn't know, though Touga no doubt did, exactly how uncompromising she'd be. When faced with an option that could have maybe, through enough self-delusion, given her something back that she wanted, she said no, because she wouldn't compromise. She won't be a floozie. Even a high ranking one.

Not to forgive his behavior, which is disgusting in these episodes, but I think Touga knew just as well as Akio did, and without being told, that Nanami wasn't going to accept such terms. She'd lash out at the world and turn to blind rage before she'd be simply a lover of his. It's kind of a backhanded compliment, probably the only circumstances where being rejected felt good. He's so important to her that she won't settle for less of him than she had. She'd rather have nothing.

It's definitely a disturbing moment, but strangely, I see it through Touga's eyes more than Nanami's, and somehow it's more disturbing than that. Touga knows the script, he knows what she'll do, but even so...it was just as disturbing for him, I think. Nanami is kissed by the man of her dreams, thinking despite years of history that he's not related to her. Technically, from her perspective, deeper feelings aside, him kissing her is not wrong anymore, in the sense of moral outrage. This is certainly not to undermine the complicated mess of emotions for her, but the simple act itself is technically benign.

Touga, however, knows full well she is his sister, and I don't think he's quite so morally corrupt that that doesn't phase him. He's her brother, and has probably most of his life thought of her half as that, and half as his child. He raised her, after all, and now he's violating her, and not because he wants the enjoyment of the hunt. (That pleasure is Akio's, even here, where he's not cashing in on the liplock himself.) So here he is, kissing his sister, with his fucked up power dynamics male lover looking on, and while he's 99.9% sure she'll reject him...because Akio's there, if she doesn't...he has to make good on it. And that thought, remote as it is, must turn his stomach.

#25 | Back to Top01-08-2014 04:39:07 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

Giovanna wrote:

Touga, however, knows full well she is his sister, and I don't think he's quite so morally corrupt that that doesn't phase him. He's her brother, and has probably most of his life thought of her half as that, and half as his child. He raised her, after all, and now he's violating her, and not because he wants the enjoyment of the hunt. (That pleasure is Akio's, even here, where he's not cashing in on the liplock himself.) So here he is, kissing his sister, with his fucked up power dynamics male lover looking on, and while he's 99.9% sure she'll reject him...because Akio's there, if she doesn't...he has to make good on it. And that thought, remote as it is, must turn his stomach.

...Is it bad that I wondered if there's a fic where she does accept? One that explores how messed up that turns out for the both of them too.

>_>

Board footer