This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-23-2009 02:25:44 AM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Does anyone else put Utena and Host club together?

Like in your mind.
I see "Ohtori" and instead of thinking the academy when watching Utena I think of Kyoya Ohtori. Every time I'mwatching Host club I think of the academy instead of the character! emot-gonk
Am I the only one who does this? Am I the only genre mixing weirdo to put the two together?
AM I THE ONLY ONE TO THINK UTENA AND KYOYA WOULD BE HOT TOGETHER?
http://www.biginjap.com/images/utena.jpg
http://img1.cdn.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/02042008/d/4/3/c/d43c9f22f52e90_full.jpg
Look at them...flowers everywhere...etc-wankdude

Last edited by Aya (12-23-2009 02:26:22 AM)

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#2 | Back to Top12-23-2009 01:27:41 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Re: Does anyone else put Utena and Host club together?

Well, two of the animators from Utena did work on Ouran, so a lot of the animation looks similar (check out the Nemuro hands in the Alice episode....err....arrows....)

Utena/Kyouya?

Shadow kings need to stick together.  Akio/Kyouya. 

Or Touga/Tamaki.

RENGE/SAIONJI.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Nanami/Casonoda.

Too much fun this is.

#3 | Back to Top12-23-2009 03:31:58 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Oooh, Ouran's one of my favorite shows! Yoji Enokido worked on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he deliberately made some Utena references.

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Or Touga/Tamaki.

RENGE/SAIONJI.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Nanami/Casonoda.

Too much fun this is.

Touga/Tamaki?

Okay. That settles it.

You're officially my new best friend. poptart It's great to know I'm not the only one who's fantasized about this.

Renge/Saionji might work if he's into girls like Wakaba although I think her geekiness would scare and confuse the hell out of him.

OOH! What about Hunny/Wakaba?  The cuteness would be overwhelming! etc-love

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#4 | Back to Top12-23-2009 03:58:37 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Hunny and wakaba!!! /starts new fan circle

and though I'm not entirely keen on this next idea, I love the new word it makes....

Intertwincestual Relationship

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#5 | Back to Top12-23-2009 07:51:51 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Hunny/wakaba?
But what about what about Mori? emot-gonk
Speaking of Mori, I think Mori/Akio would be good. The combined manliness would cause an explosion of fan girlyness.

#6 | Back to Top12-23-2009 08:54:44 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Riri-kins wrote:

Renge/Saionji might work if he's into girls like Wakaba although I think her geekiness would scare and confuse the hell out of him.

Oh, dahlink, who said anything about it being consensual? school-devilschool-devilschool-devil

I can see it now; Saionji's parents have arranged him to marry Renge; The Kyouichi's provide the prestige, the Houshakuji's bring the moohlah.  Saionji is all too happy to help pay for his tuition at Ohtori by honorably sacrificing his will and acquiescing to his parents.  Plus, he gets a well-mannered, demure and proper little bride to hold his elbow.

ANDTHENTHEYMEET.

Renge is all for it.  Let's say Saionji resembles a character from a romance sim game.  And that hidden angst? Oh, she will just eat that UP.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Saionji is appalled to find himself marrying a otaku version of Nanami, but grins and bares it, trying and failing to mold her into a proper, silent young lady and put off by her assertiveness.  And, after awhile, realizes that he doesn't mind spending the rest of his life with a girl who not only challenges his stiff upper lip and chauvinism, but shares his predilection for cheesey romance.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (12-23-2009 09:17:42 PM)

#7 | Back to Top12-24-2009 02:30:42 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

I just wanna see what happens when Saionji meets Casanova-kun...

emot-mad emot-mad

Best friends, or worst enemies ?

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#8 | Back to Top12-24-2009 03:28:28 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

An epic battle to see who posses the deepest scowl.

There can be only one.

#9 | Back to Top12-24-2009 02:39:48 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

shares his predilection for cheesey romance.

Rent Love and Honor.

Seriously, I spent the whole movie imagining Saionji watching it.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#10 | Back to Top12-24-2009 06:51:51 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Akio/Kyouya.

Or Touga/Tamaki

The first paring has crossed my mind a few times...and the second just blew it! The shattered pieces of my brain hinted at a fourway between them Also Touga/Mori etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude. Also You could totally set whole Host club idea up at Ohtori.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#11 | Back to Top12-24-2009 09:49:13 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Giovanna wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

shares his predilection for cheesey romance.

Rent Love and Honor.

Seriously, I spent the whole movie imagining Saionji watching it.

Oh crap.  This....this needs to be done...

#12 | Back to Top12-25-2009 10:48:08 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Renge/Wakaba is so meant to be.

Movie!Utena/Haruhi would work in that weird platonic/romantic sense. BUT WHO WOULD TOP? They're both confused for men, both have similar hairstyles (you know, when Utena's isn't flowing out of all directions), both have a sense of nobility and duty. Series Utena also works, but the gender confusion is too good to pass up.

Haha, I think that Saionji/Bossa Nova would be fucking hilarious.

Mitsuru/Hunny?

And YES YES YES to double twincest! Kozue/Hikaru/Kaoru/Miki.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#13 | Back to Top12-25-2009 09:45:39 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Saionji/Bossa Nova? etc-wankgirl
And Mitsuru would meet Hunny and they'd engage in some special training together.school-devil

#14 | Back to Top12-26-2009 06:44:28 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Honestly, I think Mitsuru might despise Hunny.  Mitsuru wants so desperately to be adult and Hunny's 17 going on 6, throwing that adulthood away.  Hunny is exactly the part of Mitsuru that Mitsuru doesn't like, an inner child let loose.

I'd be most interested in how Renge and Touga would interact.  I mean, they're both sexually driven, bored dilettantes.  They might really entertain each other.  I mean, I think she'd be all over him at first like all the others¸ but she'd also perhaps have more perspective to understand why he acts the way he does.

#15 | Back to Top12-26-2009 07:38:14 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I think I just want to see Renge otaku-typecast/analyze the SKU cast...

DEBAUCHERY!

#16 | Back to Top12-27-2009 01:17:32 AM

Mock Puppet
Azure Paleontologist
Website

Ranka (Haruhi's father) + Akio

Benio (Zuka Club President) + Juri

Hikaru (Straight twin) + Kozue

Kaoru (Gay twin) + Miki

Nekozawa + Anthy

Hunny + Chu-Chu {Both big cake eaters}

Renge + Nanami {Both scary laughers}

“Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.”
-A. Nonymous-

#17 | Back to Top12-27-2009 04:10:21 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Aya wrote:

Hunny/wakaba?
But what about what about Mori? emot-gonk

I think Mori would approve once he saw how kind and gentle Wakaba was to his little cousin.  Granted, it would take a long time. If Hunny ever introduced her to him it'd be like a scary version of Meet The Parents. emot-gonk

Melancholic_Soul wrote:

Intertwincestual Relationship

Oh Gawd, that's brilliant. emot-rofl I can see it now. Kozue flirts with the twins to make Miki mad only to be unexpectedly charmed and invites Miki to join the fun!

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I can see it now; Saionji's parents have arranged him to marry Renge; The Kyouichi's provide the prestige, the Houshakuji's bring the moohlah.  Saionji is all too happy to help pay for his tuition at Ohtori by honorably sacrificing his will and acquiescing to his parents.  Plus, he gets a well-mannered, demure and proper little bride to hold his elbow.

ANDTHENTHEYMEET.

Renge is all for it.  Let's say Saionji resembles a character from a romance sim game.  And that hidden angst? Oh, she will just eat that UP.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Saionji is appalled to find himself marrying a otaku version of Nanami, but grins and bares it, trying and failing to mold her into a proper, silent young lady and put off by her assertiveness.  And, after awhile, realizes that he doesn't mind spending the rest of his life with a girl who not only challenges his stiff upper lip and chauvinism, but shares his predilection for cheesey romance.

I want a crack fic with this plot. [It almost makes me think we Saionji fangirls would have a chance. (laughs)]
NOW.
DO EET! poptart

Also, Saionji has already been in a dating sim. school-devil What do you wanna bet Renge's played Four Days In Ohtori?

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#18 | Back to Top12-27-2009 05:40:48 PM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

This seems a bit out of left turn, but I was watching Fate Stay Night yesterday, and one of the characters (Archer, I think) looks like the embodiment of Akio emot-rofl! I was laughing so much... I haven't watched much of Oran Host Club to be honest (doesn't suit my style)

But I was just wondering, does anyone know where I can find the Utena Director's latest series Melody of Oblivion online? emot-confused I want to watch the episodes, but its very rare... school-chef

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#19 | Back to Top04-03-2010 07:24:55 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Considering both Haruhi and Tamaki's sense of justice, they'd probably get along with Utena. They'd probably get along with Anthy as well, though not for the same reasons. They'd probably both be annoyed by Saionji's behavior, and Tamaki would definitely be put off by the way Touga treats girls, seeing how Tamaki likes to make girls feel good by complimenting them and harmlessly flirting with them, and Touga just sees girls as conquests/objects, seducing them and sleeping with them at his leisure. Haruhi would probably be more open to the opinions and concerns of the other characters. She'd probably also be able to avoid being seduced by characters like Touga and Akio. Tamaki and Miki could probably find some mutual ground through the piano. Hikaru and Kaoru would probably just run around causing havoc and pranking people. If Kozue took an interest in him Hikaru might go for it, maybe Kaoru as well, but more than likely Hikaru (He's the most flirtatious of the two right?). Mitsuru might be put off by Hani, or he might just be confused. After all, (for slightly twisted reasons) Mitsuru feels the need to become an adult, but then there's Hani, who practically is an adult, and yet looks and acts like someone several years younger, even carrying a stuffed toy around… Mori would regard most (if not all) of the characters with the silence and stotic demeanor he's known for. He'd probably get along with characters like Wakaba and Kanae.

Last edited by RhythmFusion (05-16-2011 04:21:09 PM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#20 | Back to Top04-03-2010 08:09:34 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Anthy and Kyouya would have a shiny!glasses-fake!smile-off.

And then creepy, unsatisfying sex.

#21 | Back to Top04-16-2010 04:19:28 PM

poetoffire
Mikage Mistruster

Tamaki/Utena.  He's princely and kind and I think that if she met him earlier in the series she'd really go well with him.  He'd be good for her, because he honestly wants to "save" girls as well.

I don't know if Kyouya would like Anthy...he might see her manipulation as futile and for nothing, and the reflection of his own predicament might make him distance himself from her.

#22 | Back to Top06-16-2010 12:00:17 AM

Rose Rust
Juri Jeerer
Website

I was just thinking about this! I almost mixed up Ohtori and Ouran too. emot-rolleyes
Hmm...an idea for a fic.
Haruhi: So what brings you to Ouran?
Random Original character: Oh, I was at another high-school but...
Haruhi:But...?
Random OC: Let's just say teen drama and swords are never a good combo. Never.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jazzknh/thAnthyHimemiya.gif

#23 | Back to Top06-16-2010 12:35:16 AM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

ANDTHENTHEYMEET.

MAKE IT SO
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/carve037/picard_makeitso.jpg

Last edited by Duelist Megu (06-16-2010 12:39:32 AM)

#24 | Back to Top06-17-2010 08:57:29 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Ooh, this topic is perfect. I can definitely see style similarities between the two series.

Akio and Kyouya are really different, because Kyouya really is a good, caring person underneath the seeming manipulation. He cares about the host club and about Tamaki. So I think he would probably be a good ally for Utena to have on her side.

I can easily see Tamaki/Utena. Benio/Juri would be really hot. I could maybe see Mori falling for Wakaba. Poor Haruhi would think the Ohtori students were insane, but she might also get along with Wakaba and Utena. I think Kyouya would see right through Anthy, and so would Haruhi. Kozue would try to seduce all the guys, but I don't think any of them would go for it. I think Kasanoda/Wakaba would be really cute. Touga would probably find Haruhi's androgyny offensive. Nekozawa would find himself amidst the shadow play girls' skits.

Someone should definitely write a crossover for this. Host Club + Utena vs. Akio!

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#25 | Back to Top06-18-2010 03:57:58 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Mock Puppet wrote:

Ranka (Haruhi's father) + Akio

Benio (Zuka Club President) + Juri

Hikaru (Straight twin) + Kozue

Kaoru (Gay twin) + Miki

Nekozawa + Anthy

Hunny + Chu-Chu {Both big cake eaters}

Renge + Nanami {Both scary laughers}

I'm definitely putting together snippets of at least conversation with these chara...

HikaruXKozue

~~"She's not like other girls." How many times did Hikaru need to say it? They were brothers and should have shared some sort of knowledge of each other. Why couldn't Kaoru understand that this was right; That this was what Hikaru wanted? The Hitachiin brothers stood facing each other in front of Ohtori's gates, their car long since gone.

"Yeah, she's not like other girls, but that's why you should be worried. Listen to what people are saying about her." Kaoru gently grabbed his older twin's arm. "Listen to what I'm saying. Kozue is no good for you." It could be so useless trying to persuade Hikaru. Nothing sensible ever reached his head.

Hikaru shrugged off Kaoru's grip, as well as his warning. "Don't say her name so easily. I'm going inside now, don't follow me." The older boy slipped past the school's gates, ignoring the feeling that he was leaving something very important behind. There was a prize much brighter awaiting him,though. No need for such sentimental feelings now.~~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

Board footer