This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-25-2007 09:41:45 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Sapporo Snow Festival!

It's coming up soon, and it's the #1 reason I want to visit Japan someday.  That and my obsession with Hokkaido.  Since I can't get there, I use the magic of webcams to see it in February, so I thought I'd share my favorite webcam links for the festival so everyone else can also see it in a few weeks!  If you check them now you can watch the construction of the snow building in the park, too.

Ohdori Park cam from HBC

Three views of Ohdori Park from STV: here, here, and here

If you know of any more, please share them! emot-dance

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#2 | Back to Top01-27-2007 07:30:08 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival!

Oh the ice festival! Oh I want to go! Alas money is the only issue at the moment, damn low paying non-exsistant jobs.

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#3 | Back to Top02-06-2007 08:32:08 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival!

It's bad netiquette, I know... but I'm bumping my poor little neglected thread, emot-frown  since the Snow Festival has now begun!

Here's another cool link I found... a 3D flyover tour of the whole strip where Ohdori Park is (pick the 'CG-map' option).

And the Official English Language Site for the festival.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

Board footer